• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs. Peru official HYPE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
He used lesser characters at G2, but he definitely tried 100% to win. If you're looking for examples when Isai didn't try, how about melee lol. Wasn't he the sandbagging king in melee? And no I'm not relating that to peru or n64 at all guys.

Omg the hype in this biiiiiatch is outta control! Videoooooooooos

And go Isai, rep America! Not all of us are anti-patriots like star king!

The Star King

Smash Hero
And i think he DID try.
Why when isai doesnt do that good he is automatically not trying? Players arent machines, sometimes they do very good, sometimes they dont do that good.
When people say he didn't try, they're mostly talking about his character choice. He did try with the characters he DID choose, but he could have used better ones.

Not all of us are anti-patriots like star king!
Flattery will get you nowhere with me.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I find it funny how Peru is getting so much more hyped about them "winning" then we are about the whole subject in general. I'm going to go ahead and say if Isai did lose those matches, it doesn't matter anyway because of the characters he played. His Pikachu is a boss and until he gets his Pikachu wrecked, he still has the belt. I'm not saying this because I'm an Isai fan, but simply because I have yet to see actual proof of someone wrecking his top tier characters. He's probably just adjusting to the playstyles with weird characters or just trolling you guys overall. We'll see when the videos come, though. If Alan is better, this will be a surprise way more then an upset. I don't think I'd be upset at all, to be honest.
That said, he has to actually play for his belt if he wants to keep it. I can think he's the best even if he goes to Peru and never wins, but "officially" or whatever (not officially but you know what I mean), we have to cede it to Galan. Basically, America loses its pride to Peru.

Sucks :/ But I think he'll play "real" matches with everyone at some point. Maybe.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
That said, he has to actually play for his belt if he wants to keep it. I can think he's the best even if he goes to Peru and never wins, but "officially" or whatever (not officially but you know what I mean), we have to cede it to Galan. Basically, America loses it's pride to Peru.

Sucks :/ But I think he'll play "real" matches with everyone at some point. Maybe.
If things where official this post would be correct, and the same COULD have happened at Genesis 2 lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Basically, America loses it's pride to Peru.
You are never allowed to correct any spelling or grammar mistakes again. Not that you had the privilege before, but whatever.

I even waited a few minutes so you couldn't edit your post without the little "Last edited" message. Heh.

Seriously, though, you ought to be ashamed of yourself :troll:

Frogles

Smash Ace
hahaha isai got ***** i so happy
i guess everybody is too shocked to say thanks for the update? even though they were friendlies i think isai tried, at least a little, because i don't think he'd sandbag hard enough to lose 12 times in a row. not in this game anyway. nobody really knows except for him though so we shouldn't speculate (i still think he'll **** when he picks other characters though :reverse:).

beating those chars in friendlies is pretty impressive so at the very least ill have to acknowledge that theres another person better than me :glare:
RIP Battlecow :awesome:

best post in the thread

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Flattery will get you nowhere with me.
I flatter you not, sir. America is the best, have some pride. Every other country in the world does the same thing (i.e. peru right now).

Edit: Upon rereading my post, them sounds like fightin words, which they aren't.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Shut up Surri

Also SK I'm just training y'all so that you pick up on these things. You'll thank me someday.

Also this thread confused me 'til I realized that I was still ignoring Nix

Battlecow

Play to Win
At the very least, Alancitu is better than I gave him credit for.

I still really hope that Isai goes tryhard on him though. I just don't understand what goes on in the mind of someone who honestly doesn't care if he wins or loses...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
At the very least, Alancitu is better than I gave him credit for.

I still really hope that Isai goes tryhard on him though. I just don't understand what goes on in the mind of someone who honestly doesn't care if he wins or loses...
Fun battlecow. Gallons and gallons of fun.

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
Lol at all these butthurters and noobs trying to be cool by pretending not to care. OK, guys, find a different place to say it. This is a HYPE thread.

Look, if Galan beats Isai, it will be a fairly serious deal to me. No, I won't commit suicide, but I'll be somewhat excited and a little bummed 'cause I love America and I play too much SSB. SmashPro obviously loves his Peru (or just hates America lol) so there's a little country-on-country rivalry here. All cool. But what I don't accept is that beating Isai's Link or Jiggs makes you better than him.

So what I'm saying is:

Isai. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease play some serious matches against Galancitu and the Tacnians. I know you don't care, but we kinda do. It just seems... uncool to leave the "who's better?" question unresolved. Do a 12-character battle or whatever, at least.
You forgot Isai's Yoshi and Mario.. they were also ***** by Galancitu's Falcon..
Well maybe his yoshi was expected to lose.. but you cannot deny that his Mario rocks... and he was also destroyed by Galancitu.... I agree with the point that beating those chars doesn't prove anything.. but at least it can show that Galancitu could do it better than anyone else.. we can noticed that.. What I know is that.. Isai played his yoshi around 4 matches.. 3with link..3 with jiggly and 2 with mario.. something like that.. not sure about the exact number.. Go go Peru.. Go Galan

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You forgot Isai's Yoshi and Mario.. they were also ***** by Galancitu's Falcon..
Well maybe his yoshi was expected to lose.. but you cannot deny that his Mario rocks... and he was also destroyed by Galancitu.... I agree with the point that beating those chars doesn't prove anything.. but at least it can show that Galancitu could do it better than anyone else.. we can noticed that.. What I know is that.. Isai played his yoshi around 4 matches.. 3with link..3 with jiggly and 2 with mario.. something like that.. not sure about the exact number.. Go go Peru.. Go Galan
you ignored what i said about Genesis 2.

Renth

Smash Hero
Lol at all these butthurters and noobs trying to be cool by pretending not to care. OK, guys, find a different place to say it. This is a HYPE thread.
No No.. I really do not care at all. It's hype Isai is traveling to play against top players in new places and that's cool good for him. I'm sure it's a great experience for him but still if he gets 5 stocked or he 5 stocks them. Who Cares?

ZOMG ISAI ZEE BEST HE ALWAYS WINS DUHH

ZOMG PERU ISAI > STUPID AMERICAN!!!

Did that just sum up this whole thread. ^

Ya Bads.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm calling a repeat of this post before too long:

Now it seems that the mighty Barbara has won, and the cocky, smelly, overconfident flopmerican loser "mango" has lost. The one who has been claimed to be the smartest player ever, best ever, and ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL from armada, based on a few stupid and insignificant (especially now, on this historic day) friendlies from Pound 4.

Now, justice has finally won, my infinite words of wisdow that you weakminded, stupid flopmerican hillbilly patriots have denied in fear and ignorance, have finally been proven true.

Don't think that you'll get away with all these years making fun of my posts and calling me a troll, now the joke is on you and EU gets the last laugh.
Don't think you will get away with claiming that Mango is the best player in the world, on a different level, etc. Just like how you didn't get away with claiming he should not be considered a top peach and wouldn't get out of pools for Genesis 1, you will not get away with this.

I will be here, following you, making fun of your old ridicoulus statements and have you weep in despair and lick my feet for forgiveness. I will punish you, flopmericans.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yoshi used to be his worst character, that's what he once said. Don't know about his mario, but since he was first planning on playing him at Genesis 2, I guess it's not one of his good char either lol.

And lol, that MikeHaggarTHAKJB post always makes me laugh.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
From the sound of things Galancitu would have some good matches with SuPeRbOoM.

coastercrazy10

Smash Rookie
I also don't think incredible skill with one character makes you better someone who plays all characters at an extremely high level. From all the Galan videos I've watched (albeit they are few) and the feedback posted here, Galan has been using only his falcon. Not that there's anything wrong being amazing with one character, I just think it would be a better judgment of skill if there was a 12 character battle or something, as suggested earlier. I'm excited to see videos of the matchups.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No No.. I really do not care at all. It's hype Isai is traveling to play against top players in new places and that's cool good for him. I'm sure it's a great experience for him but still if he gets 5 stocked or he 5 stocks them. Who Cares?

ZOMG ISAI ZEE BEST HE ALWAYS WINS DUHH

ZOMG PERU ISAI > STUPID AMERICAN!!!

Did that just sum up this whole thread. ^

Ya Bads.
Who the **** are you and what on earth makes you think that you can come in here and pat us all on the head while telling us that it's childish to get excited about a competition? If I went into a British pub, found a bunch of soccer fans, and told them "I'm sure it's a great experience for your team, but who cares if they win or lose?" and then proceeded to make mock of their intelligence, I'd get the **** beaten out of me, and I'd deserve it for being an ******. I'm honestly curious as to what, in your mind, differentiates this from that.

Also, IMO whoever would win a tourney set is the better player. So if Galan's falcon can beat Isai's anything, he's better. But I have SERIOUS doubts about that falcon's ability to take Isai's kirby or pikachu.

Also, I'm too lazy to look them up the relevant posts, but Isai has said:

"Is Isai better than Alancitu? Is Alancitu better than Isai? We won't know until I go down and play him"

That wasn't an endorsement of Galan's skill (although I'm sure said skill deserves endorsing) it was Isai saying that comparing ****s was unnecessary until they actually played. This implies (to me) that Isai does want to learn which of them is better- and this means that Isai will play his best characters next time. And yes, there will be a next time:

Aug ??? - 14 lots of smash in Lima (all the other Lima players, like the FOUR FANTASTICS) then I go home and upload all the matches I recorded
So yeah. That's when we'll see who the king truly is.

Hint: Isai. Isai is the king.

GO GO AMERICA! GO ISAI!

Sangoku

Smash Master
Battlecow, I think what this gentleman meant was, okay you would care and so on, but this shouldn't be brought as an America or Peru problem. I mean if you went to the pub of your example, and say "what you gonna do British? Commit suicide?", they will probably tell you that there is no link between a whole nation and a given soccer fans group. If alancitu is better than isai, this doesn't make peru any better than america, just like if isai is better, it doesn't make america any better.

Battlecow

Play to Win
When Britain plays other countries in the world cup, there's national pride on the line. When the Cardinals play the Cubs, St. Louis and Chicago are hoping for bragging rights. Right now the cream of our crop is playing the cream of their crop, and while it doesn't prove that one country is "better" overall, it's still perfectly fine to get hype about it.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I know, but I can understand that someone doesn't get hype about it (I don't, but that's not the point) and I think that was the opinion of Renth too.

Battlecow

Play to Win
That ain't right. Renth didn't go "Oh, I'm not hype about this," he just kind of insulted us and generally acted like a self-righteous ***hat.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Who would win in a Melee style Crew Battle? Tacna Or America? See THAT would be how to determine which Country is better. As far as Isai vs Galan, that is just player vs player.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Who would win in a Melee style Crew Battle? Tacna Or America? See THAT would be how to determine which Country is better. As far as Isai vs Galan, that is just player vs player.
People only care about having the "best" player. If you don't have the best player, your other players don't even matter.

Tacna would probably kick our *****, because imo, the rankings probably go like this:

1. Isai (America)
2. Boom (Canada, lol)
3. Tacna crew
4. No one
5. No one
6. Everyone else

Isai still dabest

Battlecow

Play to Win
Doubt it. I still say Tacna's flashy but not up to American A-tier levelz. I really don't know, though, because I don't think judging off of videos of them playing other people we haven't played is kosher.

Lol Zant, do you really think that? Strange, yo. No love for Alan? No love for Sensei or Frogles or Jaime?

I think that America would win a crew battle if we had all of our peeps together, and I think North America definitely would, but it's not feasible to get everyone together like that. Our best vs. their best is the best we can hope for right now.

Also, Renth, bro, GTFO. You can argue with me or pretend to have the moral high ground and leave, but you can't stick around and snark meaninglessly.

Renth

Smash Hero
Public forum homie i'm pretty sure I can do whatever I want where ever I want on the internet.

:laugh:

but i'll play along with your thread.

ISAI YOUR THE BEST I WANT YOUR **** IN MAH MOUTH

GALACNTAICHUBAGABLOO Whatever your name is

You aren't Isai so you suck i'm american so i'm better than you JA JA JA JA JA JA

Am I doing it right?

If you were smart, you would have made this thread just for the interest to get updates and see how Isai is doing there rather than trying to be all America Da Bess Isai Da King of Kings Peru you smell funny. Nobody likes to have their toes stepped on.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Doubt it. I still say Tacna's flashy but not up to American A-tier levelz. I really don't know, though, because I don't think judging off of videos of them playing other people we haven't played is kosher.

Lol Zant, do you really think that? Strange, yo. No love for Alan? No love for Sensei or Frogles or Jaime?
Yeah, I probably shouldn't go by videos, and since my list is by that, I wouldn't go by it. I wasn't trying to be super accurate anyway, it's just how I see it. Also, Jaime doesn't live in America (USA) iirc and Sensei and Froogles don't play anymore so can we even count them?

Doesn't matter anyway, it'll never happen.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Your list included boom, who doesn't live in the US either. So Jaime's OK.

Sensei still plays on console, Frogles still plays online a little bit.

What about Alan?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It seems you didn't understand my post. It was rankings in general, not America rankings or anything. Basically, all I was trying to say is Isai, Boom, and Tacna are on a whole different level then nearly all USA players so even though we have Isai, Tacna will probably still win a crew battle. Anyway, like I said before, it won't happen so it doesn't even matter.

Battlecow, stop forcing me to reply to everything. Using a phone to reply to this is hard enough when I'm already following another very active thread :(

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It seems you didn't understand my post. It was rankings in general, not America rankings or anything. Basically, all I was trying to say is Isai, Boom, and Tacna are on a whole different level then nearly all USA players so even though we have Isai, Tacna will probably still win a crew battle. Anyway, like I said before, it won't happen so it doesn't even matter.

Battlecow, stop forcing me to reply to everything. Using a phone to reply to this is hard enough when I'm already following another very active thread :(
How do you know all of this? just curious.

By the way, Alan is from Lima, not from Tacna, and you are suggesting that he's far worse compared to some Tacna players? :facepalm:

I also don't think incredible skill with one character makes you better someone who plays all characters at an extremely high level. From all the Galan videos I've watched (albeit they are few) and the feedback posted here, Galan has been using only his falcon. Not that there's anything wrong being amazing with one character, I just think it would be a better judgment of skill if there was a 12 character battle or something, as suggested earlier. I'm excited to see videos of the matchups.
I've seen videos of him using at least 5 or 6 chars at a very high level, not only his falcon

Battlecow

Play to Win
That list implied ("Said" wouldn't be too strong, even) that Tacna was on a whole 'nother level from Alancitu, Sensei, Jaime, Frogles, etc.

I say this is kinda silly, because 1) you've only seen vids, and 2) even the vids weren't THAT impressive.

So I didn't misunderstand anything. IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG HAHAHAHAHA

Zantetsu

Smash Master
How do you know all of this? just curious.
I don't, it was my opinion in a very sarcastic form. Only a fool would have taken my list this seriously. I wasn't going to put time into the list, I was just trying to say that I believe Tacna (I meant Peru, read more to find out what I mean) could take out America

That list implied ("Said" wouldn't be too strong, even) that Tacna was on a whole 'nother level from Alancitu, Sensei, Jaime, Frogles, etc.

I say this is kinda silly, because 1) you've only seen vids, and 2) even the vids weren't THAT impressive.

So I didn't misunderstand anything. IM RIGHT YOUR WRONG HAHAHAHAHA
Yeah, I was wrong because I figured Alan was from Tacna. I didn't include Jaime because it was a lazy, quick list and I didn't include Sensei, and Froogles because they rarely even play.

So many people getting butthurt over my post which was purely my opinion. Get over yourselves, people :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
KK

List was wrong, good to know, now we can move on

=p

Srsly tho, you CANNOT say that about Tacna based on the vids we've seen. Get yoself educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom