• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isai vs. Peru official HYPE thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
supporting isai = crazy national pride

supporting alan = logically produced champion!

And Renth im sorry to say you CANNOT do what ever you want, and trolling wont be on these forums...try again >_>

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pride aside, though, I think it's mad cool how like every country in the Americas has at least one truly great player now.

Peru- Galan, the Tacnians

America- Isai and Battlecow

Canada- boom

Mexico-Jaime

Brazil- Cabalo (I think? **** the haters, he needs to play the peruvians or something)

Chile- Danny, Tambor

And who knows who else? New and great players are popping up like woodlice.

Someday, when I'm fabulously wealthy, I'm gonna host a Pan-American ultimate supersmashfest. Ads in every major paper in the Americas, you know it.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Srsly tho, you CANNOT say that about Tacna based on the vids we've seen. Get yoself educated.
Remember, Tacna = Peru in my list, my geography just sucks.
And I can say that, I have every right to in this great country we call AMERICA. My opinion stays until I see a USA vs Peru crew battle that contains only active players :troll:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Remember, Tacna = Peru in my list, my geography just sucks.
And I can say that, I have every right to in this great country we call AMERICA. My opinion stays until I see a USA vs Peru crew battle that contains only active players :troll:
Lima is the capital of Peru, while Tacna is a smaller city, on the very south of Perú, next to the chilean border... and surrounded by the Atacama Desert.
So... my guess is that they play smash to sort out the boredom of being there in the middle of so much nothing :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
It's a hell of a way to sort out boredom.

So jelly of that scene.

There are like 800,000 people in Tacna though, so they're not THAT isolated.

zeusX9

Smash Rookie
hi i'm marca is my first time in this page i was reading your opinions and information about u have
well in tacna there are about 15 to 20 players (good players) and the masters about 4-5 gerson, alvin, strada and me :) .the others are next to us some ocassions they can win us any battles but just any
another point i read that some of u think our matches aren't so impressives like in the tournament in arequipa the reason is we know each other the way to fight and we care (just players in tacna) if we play with other challengers i'm sure we show a higher level.

in tacna almost nobody played by online 'cause we don't have an adapter to 64 and just we play by keyboard but they don't play online, in my case i used to play by online the last year but only few times
isai is going to give any adapters (y).

now we're waiting for isai that's all

if u have any question i can ask

The Star King

Smash Hero
I flatter you not, sir. America is the best, have some pride. Every other country in the world does the same thing (i.e. peru right now).
Exactly. Every other country does the same thing. That's one of my major gripes with human society. Honestly, I LOATHE patriotism to ANY country.

I do hope Isai does well, though.

Anyways, did you seriously just use "everyone else does it" to justify something?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Exactly. Every other country does the same thing. That's one of my major gripes with human society. Honestly, I LOATHE patriotism to ANY country.

I do hope Isai does well, though.

Anyways, did you seriously just use "everyone else does it" to justify something?
More to say anti-patriotism is bad. More and more americans are basically being like, "oh no mr. foreigner, i'm like you, not like those other americans." And they don't realize that all those foreigners have pride for their own countries and must be having a laugh at the fact that some people in america don't like being called americans.

Now, that doesn't sound like your reasoning, since you hate patriotism everywhere, but its where i'm coming from on this. And this could be headed to a very long and fruitless discussion that results in neither of us changing the others mind.... so lets not head that way. I like patriotism, you don't. Cool beans. Wait so the loyal servants of your star empire aren't really loyal?

What's this thread about again? MACROS SUCK! Oh wait, I mean GO ISAI!

The Star King

Smash Hero
More to say anti-patriotism is bad. More and more americans are basically being like, "oh no mr. foreigner, i'm like you, not like those other americans." And they don't realize that all those foreigners have pride for their own countries and must be having a laugh at the fact that some people in america don't like being called americans.

Now, that doesn't sound like your reasoning, since you hate patriotism everywhere, but its where i'm coming from on this. And this could be headed to a very long and fruitless discussion that results in neither of us changing the others mind.... so lets not head that way. I like patriotism, you don't. Cool beans.
Like you said, I'm against patriotism everywhere. I agree that being against patriotism only for the USA wouldn't be good.

Wait so the loyal servants of your star empire aren't really loyal?
Foolish fool! As if I guarantee eternal servitude to the empire of the stars by relying on patriotism - a variable whose strength depends on the individual. I'm a prime example of this unreliability. It's much more effective to use what all you foolish humans have in common; the fear of pain, shadow, and death. Ha...!

Oh yeah, GO ISAI!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Did you use Franziska because of my "foolish fool"? I was wondering how long it would take for people to point out my use of Franziska's overuse of fool and Godot's "Ha...!".

asianaussie

Smash Hero
...because godot is the only person who has ever uttered 'Ha...!'...

I attribute 'Ergo' to Edgeworth though, so I can't really criticise that.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'm still waiting for godot personally.

Also I don't think every people show patriotism for their coutry. I know most of the swiss people don't care so much.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see the point of being proud of where you were born, it is not some kind of achievement that you worked hard for, that just pure luck/coincidence/misfortune.

Back to thread, can't wait for those tournament videos and good luck to isai.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Clubba is my new favorite person

Being "against" the supporting of a team or representative is stupid, you're missing out on all the fun that fandom can be

Isai is gonna whup ***

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
hi i'm marca is my first time in this page i was reading your opinions and information about u have
well in tacna there are about 15 to 20 players (good players) and the masters about 4-5 gerson, alvin, strada and me :) .the others are next to us some ocassions they can win us any battles but just any
another point i read that some of u think our matches aren't so impressives like in the tournament in arequipa the reason is we know each other the way to fight and we care (just players in tacna) if we play with other challengers i'm sure we show a higher level.

in tacna almost nobody played by online 'cause we don't have an adapter to 64 and just we play by keyboard but they don't play online, in my case i used to play by online the last year but only few times
isai is going to give any adapters (y).

now we're waiting for isai that's all

if u have any question i can ask
Pondran los videos en la cuenta de youtube de tacna o dejaran que isai los suba a su cuenta?

NixxxoN

Smash Master

Now, that doesn't sound like your reasoning, since you hate patriotism everywhere, but its where i'm coming from on this. And this could be headed to a very long and fruitless discussion that results in neither of us changing the others mind.... so lets not head that way. I like patriotism, you don't. Cool beans. Wait so the loyal servants of your star empire aren't really loyal?
I think you are wrong/misinformed. First of all, not every country has patriotism. NO, LOTS of countries dont have it, fact.
Second, patriotism is kinda justified if your contry is small and not strong, and needs some self-pride to go ahead vs the bigger, more powerful countries... such as USA.
I mean, USA is very big and powerful itself, it doesnt need stupid patriotism. All it does is make you sound arrogant. Also, Peru are supposedly the underdogs vs Isai

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Still waiting to see the videos once these matches are played, no real point in arguing really. Hopefully Isai can keep his throne!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Pondran los videos en la cuenta de youtube de tacna o dejaran que isai los suba a su cuenta?
I don't think this guy is from Australia at all! Especially not Perth. No one from Perth talks anything but Aussie speak.

Slightly related to patriotism:

TANK64

Smash Lord
Naw Olikus, I'm actually obsessed with Battlecow. It's pretty much a one-way-relationship though. Although this only started a month ago, so I guess I'm a bandwagon fanboy.

(not supposed to be funny)

As for Isai vs Peru. I don't care who wins, I just hope the game are close and fun to watch. I love watching new vids of high level play- and with new (to me) players, I'm very excited.

SmashProPlayer

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you consider this .. but I can say that Alancitu or Galancitu (as you wish) is admirable since all of us in Peru overall in Lima know that he didn't even practice to play Isai. He stopped playing competitively since his last vids uploaded.. Everyone here noticed that when called him to play and he didn't want.. He didn't even practice when he affirmed he would.. what he did everyday was working studying and spending the rest of the time with his girlfriend
The proves are the quotes that he said days ago.. I think it was 2 weeks ago... something like that.

SmashProPlayer: I suppose you are happy.. Isai is coming soon
Galancitu: hmmm I don't know.. you are conscious that I lost the passion for smash long time ago.. I think not even Isai can bring me back that passion I felt years ago.
SmashProPlayer: what?? aren't you gonna play him? I guess it was such as a dream for you..
Galancitu: That was before... Now I spend my entire time working, studying, my family and my girlfriend.. You know what I'm talking about.. I don't have enough free time to play smash again but I will play him anyway since I don't want he thinks I surrender..
SmashProPlayer: You should practice something..
Galancitu: It's not the same as before.. You don't get it??
SmashProplayer: Hm.. ok.. anyway good luck .

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
That's sad. Smash loses another great player to women.
I'm not sure why this even happens. A kid maybe... but a job and a missus is easily manageable IN MOST CASES!

Obviously there are some situations where these things get overwhelming but I've seen no reason for the vast majority to have to quit under these circumstances...i bet they just lose interest is all.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Also I don't think every people show patriotism for their coutry. I know most of the swiss people don't care so much.
Obviously. Nobody said that.

Too bad the world is DETERMINISTIC.
Shut up.

Being "against" the supporting of a team or representative is stupid, you're missing out on all the fun that fandom can be
How is fandom fun?

I think you are wrong/misinformed. First of all, not every country has patriotism. NO, LOTS of countries dont have it, fact.
The major ones do. And no, I'm not saying everyone from these countries are patriotic.

Second, patriotism is kinda justified if your contry is small and not strong, and needs some self-pride to go ahead vs the bigger, more powerful countries... such as USA.
wat

None of you have anything on my love-hate relationship with Battlecow. Speaking of which, I think it's just about the right time for the revival of ASTRAL BOVINE.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can't explain it. It's a rush, though. There's just no comparison between watching sports or games while all detached, and getting all hyped and into the outcome. It's exciting.

Seriously though, if you didn't already understand that, you have problems.

The Star King

Smash Hero
WTF? You can support sports teams and stuff without being patriotic. Being anti-patriotism =/= being "all detached".

However, if you're purposely patriotic for fun or whatever, I guess I don't have a problem with that, although I don't understand it. It's the people who truly believe that their country is the best thing ever or whatever that I can't stand.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I subscribed to this thread again because I figured I would get results when I saw that Isai arrived at Peru and got "beat" by Alancitu. Now it's back to the same old, off topic discussions that we had earlier that caused me to unsubscribe.

Someone tell me when the videos are up so this thread can be useful again :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
malva said that he will upload videos after he comes home on the 14th

I love off-topic discussions :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom