• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If Isaac doesnt get in as playable, im not sure id want him as an AT. That would be painful.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
He should be playable, it would so unfair for him not to get in Brawl. I mean, Camelot is part of Nintendo, and they have the rights for the characters and the music. Will they introduce dozens of Mario and Zelda characters and not a single one Golden Sun character? I would be so angry with Nintendo, as that would be a great negligence, selfish and self-centered.

Arteen

Smash Lord
He should be playable, it would so unfair for him not to get in Brawl. I mean, Camelot is part of Nintendo, and they have the rights for the characters and the music.
Actually, I don't think Camelot is officially part of Nintendo, but I think that they've been developing games exclusively for Nintendo for nearly a decade. Still, it would be upsetting if they didn't include Isaac, since they do have the rights.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Wow when did this topic become so alive again?! Anyway he is still my most wanted character so Isaac for Brawl!

Rex+

Smash Ace
I always felt that Smash needed a main character from an underrated series to join, and Issac always held a place in me.
By the way, didn't Issac rank high on Sakurai's poll?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I always felt that Smash needed a main character from an underrated series to join, and Issac always held a place in me.
By the way, didn't Issac rank high on Sakurai's poll?
He got two votes. It's not too much, but at least we know Sakurai knows he exists. Hopefully he interested Sakurai.

He's the only character I need playable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lucas got two votes, I think, so if he got in... hey.
Sakurai had intended to put him in Melee, though. So I don't think that gives us too much hope. Sakurai would have put Lucas in regardless of where he was on the poll, I'm sure.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
But Sakurai wanted Lucas in himself, regardless of votes. Lucas was meant to be in since day one (Smash Bros. 64), but Mother 3 never came out for the Nintendo 64 DD. Then Lucas was supposed to be in Melee, but still Mother 3 didn't come out in time. So now, 2007, Mother 3 is out FINALLY,. so Lucas can FINALLY be put in the series. I believe regardless of votes, Sakurai was going to put Lucas in because he wanted Lucas in. It just so happens that he was also a popular enough vote.

Lucas was a shoe-in for Sakurai. Isaac, on the other hand, needs our support. Support Isaac. Isaac + support = win.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Rex+, I love your signature as Millia Rage is my platonic love.

I'm seeing it. The day the Smash Bros Dojo says there'll be no more newcomers, and Isaac isn't in. I don't know why, but I just feel that he won't make it. And it'll make me extremely angry. So, if someone knows of a way to support him to get into the Brawl, please, tell me, so we can do anything more than staring at how he doesn't appear in the game.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Well, lets see... here's a list of reasons why he should get in:

Pros:
1.) The Golden Sun series recieved strong reviews
2.) Godlen Sun characters are owned by Nintendo
3.) Great moveset potential
4.) Sakurai said in his blog that he wanted Golden Sun representation (RUMOR)
5.) Isaac was in Sakurai's poll
6.) GameInformer's interview with Camelot hints that they might make a Golden Sun 3

Cons:
1.) The series isn't very widley known

That's all I got

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
heres my theory,
golden sun is a practicaly unkown series out here in the west. this game is going world wide. they are making a golden sun three. if sakurai/ninendo want the game to sell better out here, what better advertisement than brawl? they might put him in so that golden sun three sells enough for the series to move onto the home console(Wii).I love the golden sun series, so I realy hope my theory is right.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
heres my theory,
golden sun is a practicaly unkown series out here in the west. this game is going world wide. they are making a golden sun three. if sakurai/ninendo want the game to sell better out here, what better advertisement than brawl? they might put him in so that golden sun three sells enough for the series to move onto the home console(Wii).I love the golden sun series, so I realy hope my theory is right.
Once again people jumping to conclusions, the people behind Golden Sun said they would like to go back to the series in the future but have nothing in the works as of yet.

Oh and if Golden Sun isn't that well known then it could be like the FE of Brawl maybe.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've heard that rumor before, and it wasn't on GameFAQs. That sure is awesome if it's true.

Zevox

Smash Lord
4.) Sakurai said in his blog that he wanted Golden Sun representation (RUMOR)
Considering we have Samurai Panda's translations of Sakurai's blog/journal on this site and there is no mention of Golden Sun in there, I think we can toss that rumor out the window. Unless Sakurai had another Blog that wasn't translated for us.

Mic said:
Oh and if Golden Sun isn't that well known then it could be like the FE of Brawl maybe.
Theres several big differences between the two, though. Fire Emblem wasn't well known outside of Japan because it had never been released there. It was a hit in Japan. Golden Sun has been released worldwide, and has its lesser-known-series status in spite of that. Brawl would be great advertising for it if more are made, sure, but its hardly the same as with Fire Emblem.

Zevox

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
That could be said of every other character, but I do agree it would help the Golden Sun series much more than it would help an already pretty popular one like Pikmin.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitley positive that Golden Sun would be represented one way or another in Brawl. (At least as ATs or something). I mean Sin and Punishment has an AT, and it was only one game and was fairly popular.

Anyways, who here agrees that Dullahan would PWN as a boss?

Zevox

Smash Lord
If done right, hell yes. Though I expect we'd sooner see an adept (Saturos/Menardi, Karst/Agatio, or Alex) or one of the Dragons. Besides, if Dullahan was made an easy boss, it'd be disappointing as hell - after being as insane as he was in Lost Age, it would just destroy the image he has (well, the one I have of him, at least).

Zevox

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'd rather have Saturos+Menardi, Agatio+Karst, or Alex as a boss. A two-on-one battle would be pretty cool. Besides, if they made Dullahan as powerful in Brawl as he is in TLA, he'd attack three times per frame! =D

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
On the subject of the rumor, we'd need to get Sakurai's blog and fine the GS comments. The see what he said. I remember GS was the 5th most wanted music.

D

Deleted member

Once again people jumping to conclusions, the people behind Golden Sun said they would like to go back to the series in the future but have nothing in the works as of yet.

I hope so.

I have a strange hunch it will get two characters. It would be great if we got both Isaac and Felix, since I like Felix a lot more, but think Isaac is better known.

What was mentioned on his blog was Golden Sun music, Issac, Felix and I think another character (can't remember who).

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Two earth adepts? Come on, that's another Luigified/clone waiting to happen.

I had a dream Jenna was in this game... then I woke up and thought to myself "God, what a nightmare..."

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
I don't know it it's just me but, being the fervent Isaac supporter I am, I still think we'll be extremely lucky if he gets in; hoping for a GS stage is the most I can ask for Brawl, and I don't expect that to happen. So I really do think that having a Sub-space emissary space boss would be too much... Not to say about having two characters.

Let's just hope and wish Isaac gets in, and then speculate as much as we want.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If done right, hell yes. Though I expect we'd sooner see an adept (Saturos/Menardi, Karst/Agatio, or Alex) or one of the Dragons. Besides, if Dullahan was made an easy boss, it'd be disappointing as hell - after being as insane as he was in Lost Age, it would just destroy the image he has (well, the one I have of him, at least).

Zevox
Dullahan gives me nightmares. Easily the hardest boss I've ever fought in any game.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
Is stupid to think Isaac will be in Brawl, he should've appeared in Melee, when his game was still being hyped, he's not even the star of The Lost Age and if they were planning a sequel to Golden Sun, they would've talked about it years ago so please stop your wishful thinking, he is AT at best.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Is stupid to think Isaac will be in Brawl, he should've appeared in Melee, when his game was still being hyped, he's not even the star of The Lost Age and if they were planning a sequel to Golden Sun, they would've talked about it years ago so please stop your wishful thinking, he is AT at best.
Golden Sun came out only a few months before Super Smash Bros. Melee. :ohwell:

By your logic Luigi should have had his vacuum in Melee, but he didn't. Hm. Also Olimar should have been playable. I guess Olimar won't be playable in this game.:(

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun came out only a few months before Super Smash Bros. Melee. :ohwell:

By your logic Luigi should have had his vacuum in Melee, but he didn't. Hm. Also Olimar should have been playable. I guess Olimar won't be playable in this game.:(
What does just having a single vacuum have to do with being a full character? and who said Olimar was going to be in Brawl?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Overlooking everything else, he would be a fun character to play as due to his vast range of possible moves.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Is stupid to think Isaac will be in Brawl, he should've appeared in Melee, when his game was still being hyped,
How does this even matter? It doesn't even apply to any of the characters in Melee or Brawl. Mewtwo made it in Melee even though he wasn't currently relevant. Marth made it in even though he wasn't currently relevant. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Ness, Jigglypuff, Adult Link, Adult Zelda, and Sheik were also not currently relevant by Melee's release. Besides, Melee was nearly finished by the time Golden Sun released. I wouldn't expect them to include a brand new character from a brand new series as a playable character. That would be ridiculous. Pit, Trainer and his Pokemon, or everything Super-inspired from Metroid aren't currently relevant, but they are in Brawl. I don't think Diddy has played a prominent role in any recent game, either. Mario with the FLUDD is outdated. Your argument has no foundation.

he's not even the star of The Lost Age and if they were planning a sequel to Golden Sun, they would've talked about it years ago so please stop your wishful thinking, he is AT at best.
That's like saying NiGHTs won't get a sequel because they would've done it years ago. Besides, what does it matter that they didn't say it years ago? They said very recently that they do want to make a new Golden Sun game and that Nintendo also wants them to make a new Golden Sun game. From this, it's very likely that they will make a sequel to Golden Sun. They finished the story arc with The Lost Age, so it's not unreasonable that Camelot would want to take a break from the series. Besides, if you played The Lost Age, you would realize that his importance to the story still overshadowed Felix. Besides, we'd get either Isaac or Felix anyway.

Top Bottom