• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Ya, but Isaac doesn't really use Meggido. That sword is more synonymous with Felix, while Isaac uses the Gaia Blade.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Ya, but Isaac doesn't really use Meggido. That sword is more synonymous with Felix, while Isaac uses the Gaia Blade.
Well, yeah but still, ur not gona use gaia blade in GS2 cause its weak sauce by that time. So I use that sword for him. No one says it belongs to Felix just because its his game. But I know what you mean, it seems more right with Felix. I just prefer Isaac to have it in brawl if Felix doesnt get in to get a cool move.

Perhaps with Gaia blade Isaac can do the titan blade move, shooting the giant sword downwards boosting him up. You can spike ppl with this in midair if they are directly below the tip of the sword.

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
Cena, your sig seems to suggest Snake is a pimp! (Of course he is, but that's not the point...)
Heh, indeed it does. I did not notice that 'till now. :chuckle:

Isaac for Brawl. I've grown up with Golden Sun, starting with the Lost Age. It was the first RPG I ever got, way back when I didn't even know what an RPG was, or even cared (boy, was I a stupid 12 year old :p)
Same here. It was the first RPG that really got me into the story. I'll admit, I was a skeptic at first, but once my friend let me borrow it, I got hooked instantly.

And even though I like Felix a huge amount more, Issac is still cool. Hey, why the heck not two?
While I tend to agree with you, I don't really want there to be both Venus Adepts in the game. I mean, it's a little repetative, and there are other characters who deserve a Brawl spot (particularly clerics...that might have blue-colored hair...that might be women...that may have names that rhyme with "Nia"...:chuckle:).

Well, yeah but still, ur not gona use gaia blade in GS2 cause its weak sauce by that time. So I use that sword for him. No one says it belongs to Felix just because its his game. But I know what you mean, it seems more right with Felix. I just prefer Isaac to have it in brawl if Felix doesnt get in to get a cool move.

Perhaps with Gaia blade Isaac can do the titan blade move, shooting the giant sword downwards boosting him up. You can spike ppl with this in midair if they are directly below the tip of the sword.
Eh. I usually have Felix hold the Sol Blade and Isaac Excalibur. It was a fun mix.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
For GS2, once I got Isaac's team to join me, I didn't use Felix's team anymore, cause I was attached to Isaac's team from GS1. So I gave them the good stuff, but occacionally swtiched with felix and stuff. Sol Blade was so sick, I hope if Isaac or Felix gets in that they get to use that sword.

Lol, Cena ur sig does make Snake look like a pimp. lol

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Another reason why I used Isaac, Garet, Mia, and Ivan besides that I like them in GS2, is cause I got them at levevl 70. I used the gold password to get nice stuff. I already had all the djinn from the first game and could of transferred, but not nice enough items. :D It was still hell to fight the boss gaurding Iris summon!

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
As long as Isaac makes it, I don't care what other characters make it... He's that important to me (and hopefully, everyone else here).

Arteen

Smash Lord
Another reason why I used Isaac, Garet, Mia, and Ivan besides that I like them in GS2, is cause I got them at levevl 70. I used the gold password to get nice stuff. I already had all the djinn from the first game and could of transferred, but not nice enough items. :D It was still hell to fight the boss gaurding Iris summon!
I barely beat Dullahan with my level 50-56 party. He wiped out my front-row party, forcing me to rely on my ill-equpped back-row team (front row had all the good stuff). I took a gamble by assualting him with djinn and summons, since without a healer in the party, I didn't stand a chance otherwise. I probably would have lost if he had survived for one more round. :urg:

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
That dungeon was hard as hell, I had to go train against phoenixs for experience for Dullahan. Got to level 80 I think, i dont remember was too long ago.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Man, I really haven't played this game in years...

So if Isaac does make it, what do you think his entrance/taunts should be?
Entrance should definitely use congealing bubbles, ala the Retreat/Teleport psynergy.

Taunts... eh, I don't really have any preference. Something with manipulating the ground or growing plants via psynergy I suppose. Levitate some rocks around his head or the like. Whatever works, really.

Zevox

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
One taunt could be a venus djinn jumps out of Isaac from being energy, and lands on his shoulder. Isaac then pets it I guess.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
That's pretty much what I was thinking, the bubbles from that Phyenergy that takes you to the beginning of a dungeon (I forgot its name...), and the idea with the Venus djinn is pretty cool by itself.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
another could be he holds a stone, and levitates it in his had, while making it spin.

this one is more for fan girls, but he could make flowers grow, pick one, and smell it.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I am a girl, and i didn't like this taunt at all. :urg:

...more like "WTF...".
eh its sterio types, I usualy see girls swoon over things like that, but then again the guys that did that they were actualy attracted too...so I guess it makes sense why I was wrong, but the flowers thing is still a possible taunt.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Yeah, I can't picture him doing that. It seems out-of-character for him.
well what does he realy do? the most we see is no emotion for the most part(the MOST part). more or less the most you see is a yes or no answer. besides he can make plants grow at will, what would you rather him do?

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
well what does he realy do? the most we see is no emotion for the most part(the MOST part). more or less the most you see is a yes or no answer. besides he can make plants grow at will, what would you rather him do?
Have the white psyenergy hand pop up and give the finger.

j/k

The white psyenergy hand should be involved though. No one rly thinks about it when coming up with Issac's abilities. They just think battle psyenergy.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Have the white psyenergy hand pop up and give the finger.

j/k

The white psyenergy hand should be involved though. No one rly thinks about it when coming up with Issac's abilities. They just think battle psyenergy.
1.he makes a fist with it and punches the ground?
2.he gives himself a high five with it(JK).
3.he crushes a pillar with it(this would be more a attack, way to extravigent).

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I picture more of Fox's taunt with the hand. Or the hands popping up from the ground next to him in fists while he strikes a pose, and the taunt would be a damaging one.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
What about his role in subspace?

I personally want to see him summon Charon against Darkrai. That would be EPIC. :psycho:

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Motoi Sakuraba Serie Golden Sun /
Series mario Golf y Tennis

At least there are music composers from Golden Sun >_> that should give us a little hope. I'm a total supporter of Isaac (I also do like Felix, but it's most likely for Isaac to get in than for Felix), so I expect we could get to see him kicking *** on the Brawl >_<!

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
Issac did get recommended as many times as Lucas did on the poll, and Lucas got in. So yes, Issac does have really good chances.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Issac did get recommended as many times as Lucas did on the poll, and Lucas got in. So yes, Issac does have really good chances.
yes but dont forget sakurai wanted to put lucas into the last two smash brothers games. he just never had enough time to do so. there is a possibility he was already going to put lucas in since he had the time to do so. the polls may have had no effect on him getting in. but the fact that isaac was doing well on the polls does speak for something.

Top Bottom