• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
There actually was one recently. It was over the fact that Isaac looks like Cloud.

Yeah, I guess there really isn't any good argument against Isaac.
Yea but that guy was an idiot and was just trolling this thread on purpose.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I actually wanted him in, but not as much as I do now, I guess his originality changed my mind. And now he's my most wanted character in. I just hate seeing that (2) next to his name in the polls, it always brings my hope down.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to say I whole heartedly support Isaac for a Brawl character. Felix would be just as good, I don't actually mind which, but as long as one of them is in I would be very pleased. Especially if Judgment is the Final Smash.

Although there are getting to be quite a few swordsmen, I think Isaac's Psynergy would make him enough of an individual to be worth it, especially as some of his moves are simple enough to be standard or smash attacks, although obviously he should use his sword a little bit, otherwise it would just be pointless. It'd be good to have another magic user though.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I supported Isaac the second I started progressing through Golden Sun, which was back in summer or early fall of 2002. Yeah, I'm such a pathetic person I remember these things. XD

I had Super Smash Bros. Melee from the Christmas it was released, and I just thought that Isaac would be the perfect character for the game.

I really hope Sakurai didn't overlook him.

I didn't know that Felix was on the poll, were any other GS characters on it?

Zevox

Smash Lord
I didn't know that Felix was on the poll, were any other GS characters on it?
Nope, just those two. Still good to know though - Isaac got as much mention as characters like Lucas, the Animal Crossing Human, Claus, and Mega Man, and Felix got a mention as well. Certainly it shows Sakurai is aware of the franchise, which is a great start to it getting a character. If its as popular in Japan as it is in the US (or perhaps, if we're lucky, more so), Isaac might just stand a good chance of getting in.

Zevox

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac got in Brawl, which sword would you want him to wield? The Gaia Blade, or the Sol Blade? I would love him to use the Sol Blade, upB megido ftw!

Isaac for brawl!

raidenwing

Smash Cadet
i think isaac would be great too and get down because of the europe thing because nintendo also ships their games their so they are important as well.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Isaac, Isaac, Isaac...

I've been *****ing about Isaac needing to be in Brawl, only to realize that, while I have played both games, I never OWNED either Golden Sun game! So guess what I went out to buy?

Yeah, I know you don't have to be a fan of a character or their franchise, or have had to play one of their signature games to enjoy using a character in Smash Bros (or wanting one badly enough in Brawl), but it reaaally urked me to want this guy and NOT have Golden Sun!

Boofer

Smash Ace
I actually wanted him in, but not as much as I do now, I guess his originality changed my mind. And now he's my most wanted character in. I just hate seeing that (2) next to his name in the polls, it always brings my hope down.
*looks at Lucas, who also had a number (2) next to his name.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
I worry about there being too many swordsman as well in Brawl, but Isaac could really be a very unique character with his psynergy. It would be like a mixture of swordplay and magic that would be completely different from any other character. I would love to see that!!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly the Golden Sun representative I had in mind, but if push comes to shove, I'll definitely put my wager in for Issac. I was hoping more for Piers since he doesn't fit the typical description of a swordsman. For starters, he wields maces and axes. Has blue hair, red eyes, and has a very unique design compared to his cast mates.

I can already see his character icon. That sun insignia that they use on the cover of the game, and a stage set in Vale, Lemura, or a light house. Sweet Jesus, I really do hope they don't forget about Golden Sun.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
lol...I can now see a Mars Lighthouse stage......the hazards being Agatio and Karst as Dragons jumping in on just killing ppl.

Arteen

Smash Lord
What were the arguments against Issac that came up anyway? I sure didn't see any.
Along with the "looks like Cloud" argument, there's the "he's just another sword user" argument, but that one's not sensible either.

Not exactly the Golden Sun representative I had in mind, but if push comes to shove, I'll definitely put my wager in for Issac. I was hoping more for Piers since he doesn't fit the typical description of a swordsman. For starters, he wields maces and axes. Has blue hair, red eyes, and has a very unique design compared to his cast mates.
Remember, all the characters can wield multiple weapon types. Mia and Sheba can also wield axes, and Isaac, Felix, and Garet can also wield axes. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Piers (he does have a great character design though) and I would rather have Alex instead of him. I think Alex would be a very interesting character for Brawl, since he would use a variety of water/ice spells and he doesn't really wield a weapon. Judging by his character art, he doesn't seem to have much more than a dagger on him, but I don't think he even needs it. Besides, we never got a chance in the games to fight him.

I can already see his character icon. That sun insignia that they use on the cover of the game, and a stage set in Vale, Lemura, or a light house. Sweet Jesus, I really do hope they don't forget about Golden Sun.
I think that the most fitting stage for the game would be one of the lighthouses. They're the centerpieces of the two games and could easily and effectively be transformed into a stage.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
A'ment to that, Arteen.

I thought that some characters were restricted to some weapon types though. It's been years since I last played it, so I'm bleak on details. It probably my preferential choice to have Shebea, Ivan, Mia, and Jenna wielding magic weapons in that instance. xD

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Alex, so far, I doubt would get the chance to be in, because he's shrouded in so much mystery. You don't get to fight him, and that puts him at a major disadvantage as far as moves go...

Excluding the oddball sworders Metaknight and Pit, so far we've got Link and that semi-truck Ike. Melee had four "standard" sword users - Link, Y.Link, Marth, and Roy. Link is link in Brawl, end of story. Marth and Roy have been combined into Ike for FE representation. Y.Link... might make it back in, might not. Anyways, that's 2-3 "standard" sword users. They have Lin as an assist trophy to rep FE again, instead of being a character... which means that last slot could very easily be filled by Isaac or Felix to represent Golden Sun.

And unless another GS character makes it in as an assist trophy, I doubt they'd get much more representation other than as costume colors. Red Isaac = Garret & Black Isaac = Felix; their armors are quite similar (at least from what I remember I haven't seen their character art in forever), and so a change in the color of hair ala Peach>Daisy (or Diddy>Dixie) along with a different armor color would easily represent those two... as far as the others go, it would be a long stretch... lol blue Isaac = blonde Marth XP

A Lighthouse stage would work wonderfully with Brawl in the direction it looks like Sakurai is taking it; many stages are open and simple and are prone to changes happening, so a Venus Lighthouse that splits open (exposing the... star? in the center, giving chance to be damaged by it/ fall down through the split) would fit perfectly.

I have no doubt in my mind that Isaac will make it. At the very least, there's going to be at least ONE assist trophy from GS... all those Psynergy that could be used... (lol, now I'm picturing Isaac summoning stones to circle around him for a neutral air)

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Isaac and Felix in brawl would be great. theres no downside to it. Catastrophe could be the final smash for both of them,each one with a variation of special effects.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I am so sure two GS characters is pushing it too much... There may not even be enough hype/judgment on Sakurai's part to include him, but all in all, I still quite hope he's included.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I thought that some characters were restricted to some weapon types though. It's been years since I last played it, so I'm bleak on details. It probably my preferential choice to have Shebea, Ivan, Mia, and Jenna wielding magic weapons in that instance. xD
Well, many of the weapons are magical and have special unleashes (e.g. Sol Blade unleashes Megiddo, Phaeton's Blade unleashes Light Surge, Meditation Rod unleashes Nirvana, etc.), but I assume that you mean staffs.

Anyways, here's a list of compatible weapons, and bold refers to the type of weapon wielded in the character art (guess on the specific type of sword):
Isaac: Axe, Light Blade, Long Sword, Mace
Garet: Axe, Light Blade, Long Sword, Mace
Ivan: Light Blade, Staff
Mia: Mace, Staff
Felix: Axe, Light Blade, Long Sword, Mace
Jenna: Light Blade, Staff
Sheba: Mace, Staff
Piers: Axe, Light Blade, Long Sword, Mace (no weapon in profile art)

Indeed. I really can't see Golden Sun getting a stage other than one on a lighthouse. It's perfect for Brawl.

Isaac and Felix in brawl would be great. theres no downside to it. Catastrophe could be the final smash for both of them,each one with a variation of special effects.
Judgement would make more sense for them, since that's the strongest Venus-only summon. Catastrophe is Jupiter/Mars anyway, so it wouldn't fit. Now if Sheba were in, she could use that as her final smash.

Alex, so far, I doubt would get the chance to be in, because he's shrouded in so much mystery. You don't get to fight him, and that puts him at a major disadvantage as far as moves go...
I don't think it's a big problem for him. He can easily borrow some of Mia's and Piers' water/ice moves like Diamond Berg, and then the development team can get creative with the rest. I think that he has a lot of potential and a lot of sources to draw from for moves.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Zelda never really fought either but shes in Smash.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Man, I am praying for Isaac in Brawl. He comes from a beautiful, amazing, and underrated series that never got much representation.
Or more accurately, any representation. But then again, Golden Sun barely pre-dated Melee, so its understandable why it wasn't even mentioned in there - especially when you consider how Melee was rushed to be released at the same time as the Gamecube.

Zevox

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sorry Ledhead but that doesn't mean anything.

However, we do know that Sakurai is aware of Isaac's existence due to the poll.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

^ Says it all. They mentioned the series on the official page. IK it's just music, but.......
A possibility. A am really hoping for some GS love, and Issac playable will make me **** bricks. The composers mean something. The ones related to NIntnedo can show stuff, so it's a possibility, but remember at this point it is nothing more.

Issac 4 Brawl.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling thats why they might have mixed Marth and Roy into Ike so it wouldn't seem like there are too many characters bearing bladed arms so they can accommodate a Golden Sun character.

As for the musicians, could vaguely hint an appearance. So far they've had Sega and Konami people before Sonic was announced, so Capcom artists (Devil May Cry and Monster Hunter) might hint a Megaman and the Square-Enix (Kingdom Hearts) one for Geno.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I have a feeling thats why they might have mixed Marth and Roy into Ike so it wouldn't seem like there are too many characters bearing bladed arms so they can accommodate a Golden Sun character.
Your feeling is wrong - take a look at the Ike sub-forum. Its obvious based on what we know of him (which is almost everything) that hes very little like Roy, and all but nothing like Marth. It seems as if they were deliberately trying to make him different, really.

Besides, since when is there some limit to the number of swords-wielders in SSB? What makes them different from all the fist-fighters or blaster-users we have in that regard? The weapon of choice of a character shouldn't make any difference to whether they're worthy to be in SSB.

Zevox

Wilfio

Smash Rookie
golden sun just fits in so well with the brawl universe, it would be a crying shame for at least one character not to be included.

what i would like to see is Isaac as the main Golden Sun representative and then Sheeba a character you unlock much later. Isaac would be more physical based but with some psyenergy moves whereas sheeba would be more psyenergy based, kinda like the relationship between link and zelda. i think the game needs more small vulnerable girls :p. nothing says '**** you' like getting beaten up by a little girl lol

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Once again, if a Golden Sun character actually makes it in, I've no doubt in my mind it will only be Isaac. The series is too underrepresented to have more than one. It's sad but true. If he gets in, then we can talk about other characters getting in as either characters or assist trophies.

And by the way, adding characters like Mia, or Sheeba is like adding Luigi without Mario in a game. Unless that game is specifically about Luigi.

Those are just my two cents.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You're two cents speaks volumes. Ya know, I've noticed no one has no love for Garet. Almost every Golden Sun character has been mentioned except him. Of course, Isaac gets priority over every other character.

The day I go to the Dojo and see Isaac listed as an Assist Trophy, Lucario as a Pokéball Pokémon, and Ridley as a non-playable boss is the day I'll cry blood.

Top Bottom