• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna write a book just to explain it to you... the battle system is very similar, you have a party of four, etc, etc, etc... storywise is not the same thing I meant gameplay.
In gameplay of course they're going to be similar - all turn-based RPGs are. If thats your argument you might as well say all video game RPGs are rip-offs of table-top ones (see Dungeons & Dragons for instance, which is balanced around a four-character party using a turn-based combat system and has been since the 1970s) and be done with it. Now, even in that regard the Djinni do set Golden Sun apart by supplying a unique way to improve character stats, change classes, and providing a unique source of attacks as well - they have those uses in addition to their ability to do summons, you'll recall if you've actually played the game. But in any event gameplay of the character's game isn't even close to relevant when it comes to considering characters for SSB.

Anyway, since its my first post here I may as say, although my signature gives it away, I hope to see Isaac in Brawl as well. I'm a fan of Golden Sun and hope to see it and several other overlooked Nintendo greats get represented in Brawl, and of course Isaac is the clear choice. Plus it'd help give Golden Sun more publicity, and thus more chance for a sequel - I'd love to see it join Fire Emblem as a long-running Nintendo RPG series, though of course thats a more far-future (and far-fetched) hope.

Zevox

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, maybe it was a bad first post... anyway can't we move along?
yeah, it was a VERY bad first post... if you had said "I don't find Golden Sun to be all that original or important, therefore I don't think it should have any rep" that would have been perfectly fine.

but instead, you had to go and say "He's a Rip off of Cloud! WHAT A HORRIBLE CHARACTER!! LOL!" which is not only ridiculously incorrect, but also has no effect on his inclusion...

but yes, let's move on.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I recently decided that I actually really do like Isaac.
But I'd prefer a move set with more of his elemental moves.
I do agree with this. Perhaps keep his sword to his a moves, but use psynergy for his B moves.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I do agree with this. Perhaps keep his sword to his a moves, but use psynergy for his B moves.
Considering Isaac has a sword, offensive psynergy, defensive psynergy, telekinetic psynergy, djinn attacks, summons, and weapon unleashes at his disposal, it would be a shame if his moveset was mostly sword swipes.

Oh, and I should have posted this a few pages back, but Isaac has awesome scarf action!

Isaac('s scarf) for Brawl!

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see his smashes, as well as a few of the A moves, involve psynergy and perhaps djinn, although primarily psynergy.

Sword moves should be at a minimum because thats not how Isaac should be portrayed, however an unleash would not be bad as a move either, although presuming he wields the Sol Blade, that will most likely be exclusively megiddo.

Dave

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that scarf is cool. No other smasher so far has a scarf, so up the odds people!!! LOL.

I was about to question why Mia was so prominent in the picture above, but then I realised that the females characters in most Japanese stuff get a lot of attention. I was watcing Dragonball, and the end credits were all Bulma doing stuff she never does in the show. And there was so much upskirting!

Ah es, back on topic, do you guys think that the judgement move is too overpowered to be his final smash?

Oh, and what would your feelings be if he was announced to be an assist trophy?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Considering Isaac has a sword, offensive psynergy, defensive psynergy, telekinetic psynergy, djinn attacks, summons, and weapon unleashes at his disposal, it would be a shame if his moveset was mostly sword swipes.

Oh, and I should have posted this a few pages back, but Isaac has awesome scarf action!

Isaac('s scarf) for Brawl!
Yea, his sword should just be for A attacks, and psynergy for B attacks. And what is that picture from? Is that a Golden Sun manga or something?

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
No no no no! >.>

IMO the only sword attacks should be for his neutral A and rapid neutral A attacks. Every other attack should be based on psynergy and possibly Djinn; if that pysnergy involves his sword then great! That means they stay true to the game and at the same time are suitable tilt moves.

All tilts should invole psynergy in some form. Generic slashes kept at a minimum, unless they represent a psynergy in some way.

All Smashes should be psynergy / Djinn.

All B moves should be cooler, stronger psynergy (Grand Gaia, Ragnarok, Odyssey etc.) Although Field psynergy can be incorporated for the sake of synergising moves, such as using "Halt" as a temporary disable for example.

Grabs should be Field psynergy (possibly mixed with other psynergy) eg. move etc.

Final Smash should be powerful summon.

Isaac should stay true to the games, so no punches/kicks, unless we're talking the rapid A combo. Although I think that still stays bested suited to his sword.

Dave

Arteen

Smash Lord
I agree with Dave in general.

All tilts should invole psynergy in some form. Generic slashes kept at a minimum, unless they represent a psynergy in some way.
I wouldn't mind a few generic slashes for some of the tilts (and arials), since tilts are supposed to be fast but not flashy, and psynergy is usually flashy. Also, don't forget that Isaac can also use weapon unleashes as well (Megiddo, Titan Blade, etc). It wouldn't be canon, but I wouldn't mind if Isaac had more than one attack based on an unleash if the possibility arised.

Isaac should stay true to the games, so no punches/kicks, unless we're talking the rapid A combo. Although I think that still stays bested suited to his sword.
Unless the punches and kicks were psynergy-related, right? I could see Isaac performing a Force-enhanced punch as a move. I could also see him using a generic kick in the air, similar to the nair many characters have.

Also, the development team better be spending the extra two months perfecting Isaac's scarf physics, because I won't settle for anything less than perfect. :)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Actual News on Golden Sun 3!

Double-post, I know, but it seems that there may yet be a Golden Sun 3.

GI Interview with Camelot said:
GI: I hate to totally break away from all the sports’ games, but there’s another game Camelot is known for, and that’s Golden Sun. What’s the status of Golden Sun, and is that series finished or is that something you’d like to bring to consoles?

Hiroyuki Takahashi: First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it. We’re not really sure why. (laughs)
I'm so happy that the series hasn't been forgotten! Considering that Nintendo wants the GS series to continue, it seems even more likely that a GS character will be playable in Brawl; Isaac would be representing an ongoing series, instead of a finished pair of games, and I feel that would give him more priority to be playable. A spot on the roster in Brawl would certainly get the series a bit more attention too, and it would give Camelot a bit more incentive to finally get around to developing Golden Sun 3. :)

NukeA6

Smash Master

I'm so happy that the series hasn't been forgotten! Considering that Nintendo wants the GS series to continue, it seems even more likely that a GS character will be playable in Brawl; Isaac would be representing an ongoing series, instead of a finished pair of games, and I feel that would give him more priority to be playable. A spot on the roster in Brawl would certainly get the series a bit more attention too, and it would give Camelot a bit more incentive to finally get around to developing Golden Sun 3. :)
Good news for the GS fans.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
OMG... are you serious?!

*squeals like a fangirl*

I wonder what console it will be for? Hopefully Wii. A full 3D Golden Sun RPG on the Wii would bring more attention to the GS series, and a great RPG to the otherwise lacking console. (IMO.)

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't doubt if a GS sequel would be planned for the Wii. I recall hearing rumors about a possible GCN sequel back in the day. I know I'd welcome a GS3 for the Wii...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Another part of the article says this:

GI: If you did make another Golden Sun would it appear on a portable or would you make it fully realized on a home console?
Hiroyuki Takahashi: As a thought off the top of my head, if I could make something that would combine the handheld and the console – with the past and the future – if I could combine both of those that would be great. But that’s just a thought. (laughs)
A Golden Sun on a home console is a possibility. (hopefully the Wii, and not the next generation console... I'm not made of money. XD)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Omg omg omg omg ^_^

It's about time, Nintendo know's when they have a nearly flawless RPG series on there hands and they want to expand upon it.

There are so many unanswered questions about Golden Sun: The Lost Age that I have to know the answer to.

-Knight

Arteen

Smash Lord
A fully 3D Wii Golden Sun would be really cool, but I would love to see what they types of psynergy they could create that took advantage of the stylus. Golden Sun is one of the most beautiful sprite-based games I've ever seen, so I'm not sure if Camelot could do justice to its amzing art style in 3D, or if they would even think it's worth the effort when a DS sequel would be just as good. Maybe if I see Isaac and a GS stage in Brawl, I'll have a better idea of how it would look. :)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Holy Hell, thats excellent news! Not only has Nintendo not forgotten about it, but they want a new game made, and Camelot wants to make it! That just made me a lot more hopeful about the series, both for getting a third game (fingers crossed for a Wii game) and for Isaac getting into Brawl.

Zevox

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
This is great! Ive always wanted a Golden Sun 3. Now whether its on a console or a handheld doesn't matter much to me as long as its comes out.

ledhead

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer Felix in Brawl to Issac, as I have done a lot of thought on the subject. Felix was a semi-villain in GS1, and the hero for GS2. I came up with part of a moveset for Felix, whcih some of could be used with Issac, excluding the up + b:

B: Charge up sword, like Marth/Roy for Melee. Except this is the Venus summon when full charged.
Forward + B: Gaia. Rocks rise form the ground in a line, like the Ancietpower animation from Pokemon G/S/C.
Up + B: Sand. Works like other teleporting moves.
Down + B: Spire. WOrks like Kirby's brick move, except Fleix is on top of a spire that shatters on impact.

Final Smash: Judgement. Either Felix becomes the Judgement dude or the Judgement dude comes down, either way.

And the rest of the moves like Marth/Roy form Melee.

Most of that could be implemeted as an Issac moveset too, but Issac can't use Sand cause he isn't teh one who killed the Serpent at Gaia Rock.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace

i just had a nerdgasm

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Isaac would be a great addition to Brawl, hopefully they'll put him in. If so, it'll also increase interesting and hype for the up-in-the-air GS3, meaning when/if it does eventually come out more people'll be inclined to play it!

Look what melée did for Fire Emblem.

Isaac could have such a diverse moveset to, there's so many psynergy abilities, perhaps Felix could be an alt costume for him (Dark hair, brown/green attire)

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
Isaac would be great in brawl with eclipse like final smash but I prefer felix with catastrophe like final smash.
They can have good special moves like:

B: Gaia

->B: Ragnarok

UpB: Spire

DownB: Quake

or if you want more powerful:

Grand Gaia-Odyssey-Stone Spire-Quake Sphere.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wow, I thought Isaac was a bit more popular...Maybe his chances aren't as great as I thought. I wonder if Sakurai is considering him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I really hope he considered him. If he did (rightfully, that is.) Isaac would be for sure character.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I really hope he considered him. If he did (rightfully, that is.) Isaac would be for sure character.
I think Isaac was on the poll and got a few votes, so hopefully Sakurai is fully aware of him and seriously considered him. He really deserves a spot on the roster. Isaac for Brawl!

Zevox

Smash Lord
Still have my fingers crossed for him too. With that DS icon revealed, the icon theory's "Japanese alphabetical order" aspect got blown to kingdom come, which gives me a bit more hope. All we can do is wait and hope...

Zevox

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
That picture is...godly!

I would love if Issac made it in. He is also one of my favorite video game characters (mainly for being earth), but I love him for other reasons, like his scarf, but I truly hope this guy makes it in. I would main him, that's for sure. He's really the only character I want right now.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Still have my fingers crossed for him too. With that DS icon revealed, the icon theory's "Japanese alphabetical order" aspect got blown to kingdom come, which gives me a bit more hope. All we can do is wait and hope...

Zevox
Thank god. I was convinced that Isaac wasn't going to make it for sure, for a while. But now there's hope! How could Sakurai forget about Isaac? He's just too unique of a character.

Top Bottom