• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Sinn

Smash Lord
Are they still second party? I thought I heard that they were third party now...I mighta just made that up though, my mind does that sometimes. Maybe it was the other way around...

Arteen

Smash Lord
Golden Sun credits said:
Copyrights of Game, Scenario, and Program reserved by NINTENDO and CAMELOT. Copyrights of all characters and music reserved by NINTENDO.
Yes, Nintendo fully owns the rights to all the characters. You can confirm this at vgmuseum.com.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac best be playable in this game! Lol, I've said it so many times, and I mean it! :laugh:

I don't know why he'd be unlockable, though. Any reasons why any of you think he would? (it was a discussion I saw earlier...) Gosh, just anything to get him to confirm Isaac right now! >_<

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Isaac best be playable in this game! Lol, I've said it so many times, and I mean it! :laugh:

I don't know why he'd be unlockable, though. Any reasons why any of you think he would? (it was a discussion I saw earlier...) Gosh, just anything to get him to confirm Isaac right now! >_<
I dunno, he just seems like the type of character to be a surprise.:lick:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as Isaac is not 3rd party he's got my support...planned some of the games he's in...Liked them, but it was a while ago...

T-major

Smash Champion
dude... all this time (until like, literally three minutes ago) I though Golden sun was third party... boy, do I feel dumb! D:

I always liked the idea of Issac. he seems original, uses earth magic, and has a scarf (which, for me, adds major support points); but I thought he was third party, so I thought he couldn't get in... my mind is now changed! ISAAC FOR BRAWL!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
If Issac was in he seems to be a starter type character. He did get 2 vote's on the offical poll so just maybe he'll get in.

-Knight

T-major

Smash Champion
If Issac was in he seems to be a starter type character. He did get 2 vote's on the offical poll so just maybe he'll get in.

-Knight
2 votes, eh... thats an good amount... not much, but good enough to give him a fair chance.

it's funny how my support for him completely turned around when I found out he was a Nintendo character :O

theres a good chance I would use him a bit if he gets in. Earth magic and Scarfs FTW!!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
The golden sun series is popular world-wide. I really do hope he makes it; Earth Psynergy is my favorite type of elemental magic.

-Knight

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac has everything going for him. Golden Sun is a high-quality, critically-acclaimed series. Golden Sun is essentilly post-Melee, so he's not competing with retro characters. Isaac is owned by Nintendo. Camelot is still developing for Nintendo and developed notable Mario sports titles prior to Golden Sun. He has a huge variety of telekinetic, elemental, enchanted weapon, and summon-based moves to complement his basic sword attacks. The flashy presentation of Golden Sun battles would look great translated to Brawl. He has an appealing character design. His only downside is that Golden Sun isn't immensely popular (although it should be).

T-major

Smash Champion
Not only that, but he'd fit perfectly in Brawl.
heck yes!

I just started playing a some of Golden sun. it's pretty sweet so far; I'll be playing more of it, thats for sure. something that makes me want Isaac even more is the Psynergy concept. if some of his attacks incorperated them (which the most likely would) then he's looking up to be one of the characters I could end up using. one that I would REALLY like to see, is his "move" ability as a forward B; it would send out a Psynergy hand that would slam people away, and have great knock back. of course, I'm just at the start of the game, so I'll probably end up seeing something better; but as of right now, thats the Forward B I want for him.

I still love his scarf (I'm not going to let up on stating that I love scarfs)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
heck yes!

I just started playing a some of Golden sun. it's pretty sweet so far; I'll be playing more of it, thats for sure. something that makes me want Isaac even more is the Psynergy concept. if some of his attacks incorperated them (which the most likely would) then he's looking up to be one of the characters I could end up using. one that I would REALLY like to see, is his "move" ability as a forward B; it would send out a Psynergy hand that would slam people away, and have great knock back. of course, I'm just at the start of the game, so I'll probably end up seeing something better; but as of right now, thats the Forward B I want for him.
You'll see LOTS of better stuff than Move, I promise you that. It's been ages since I played Golden Sun or Golden Sun 2, so my memory's hazy on all of the abilities, but there are some EPIC powers to learn.

I still love his scarf (I'm not going to let up on stating that I love scarfs)
You shouldn't, scarves are the best completely superficial piece of clothing ever.

So. . . uh. . . anyone up for seeing Felix over Isaac in Brawl? Anyone? Anyone? Thought not. . . .

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
So. . . uh. . . anyone up for seeing Felix over Isaac in Brawl? Anyone? Anyone? Thought not. . . .
At the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age it can be argued that Issac is more important than Felix because
The Wise One imbued Issac with the Power of the Mars Star preventing Alex from getting the full power from the Golden Sun.

Besides they're clones when it comes to fighting style anyway. I don't see why Felix can't be an alt costume.

-Knight

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
At the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age it can be argued that Issac is more important than Felix because
The Wise One imbued Issac with the Power of the Mars Star preventing Alex from getting the full power from the Golden Sun.

Besides they're clones when it comes to fighting style anyway. I don't see why Felix can't be an alt costume.

-Knight
Heh, the ONE thing I never did in the Golden Sun games was beat the very last boss of The Lost Age. So, pardon my ignorance. I suppose Isaac would make more sense, I just don't like him that much. Maybe it's because playing as him in the first game made him seem devoid of personality.

I could see an alt costume being odd purely because the announcer would be saying "Isaac" when Felix wins. But, alt costume > nothing at all, so it'd work for me.

T-major

Smash Champion
You'll see LOTS of better stuff than Move, I promise you that. It's been ages since I played Golden Sun or Golden Sun 2, so my memory's hazy on all of the abilities, but there are some EPIC powers to learn.
true, come to think of it, they'd probably make Move his grab, anyways.

You shouldn't, scarves are the best completely superficial piece of clothing ever.
Indeed! there my favorite character design implement!

well, I like Felix's design better; but I also find that Isaac is more important, and overall a better rep for the series. if he got in over Isaac though, I wouldn't really mind. Alt. costume would be cool though...

Sinn

Smash Lord
I could see an alt costume being odd purely because the announcer would be saying "Isaac" when Felix wins. But, alt costume > nothing at all, so it'd work for me.
And we should remember that they seemed to not consider it such a big deal by giving Peach a Daisy skin, apart from the fact that it still said Peach when you won AND that Daisy doesn't really have any of those moves...then again...Daisy has the least amount of moves of any Mario character probably what with only having ONE role of being rescued outside of the sports titles.

Arteen

Smash Lord
And we should remember that they seemed to not consider it such a big deal by giving Peach a Daisy skin, apart from the fact that it still said Peach when you won AND that Daisy doesn't really have any of those moves...then again...Daisy has the least amount of moves of any Mario character probably what with only having ONE role of being rescued outside of the sports titles.
When the Daisy alternate costume is selected for Brawl, the announcer could yell Daisy and the game could display the text "Daisy" instead of "Peach" in the results screen. The same could work for Felix too.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That's true, but I'd consider this a slightly different scenario. Peach doesn't really have a Daisy costume so much as she stole Daisy's colors. It's very clear that the similarities to Daisy are intentional, but since she has the same hair and facial structure as Peach, she's arguably just Peach with a tan, dyed hair and terrible fashion sense (a PINK crown?).

In the case of Felix, in order to work, Isaac would have to have a physically different skin, as Felix and Isaac look nothing alike.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Aaaah... Golden Sun. Still remains one of the best written RPGs I've ever played. It even beats out Chrono Trigger in terms of clever writing... heck, Golden Sun technically doesn't have an antagonist, and it still has conflict. THAT is great writing.

But really, it would be great to see someone from Golden Sun, be it Isaac or Felix, pop up as a playable character in Smash Brothers. I can already imagine the little Djinni being either support trophies or items all their own that pop up and join together to cause massive summons to appear on stage.

Sinn

Smash Lord
In the case of Felix, in order to work, Isaac would have to have a physically different skin, as Felix and Isaac look nothing alike.
What with the degree of customizations that they're putting into the game (My Music? What game DOES that? xD), I wouldn't be surprised if they do this for several characters, Pokémon Trainer being the first one that comes to mind. I hope they do...it would add more variety without making things too complicated by adding totally new character slots.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
I really wanna see Isaac in Brawl, he fits perfectly in the game. Also, I like Golden Sun very much.
It would be cool if there were GS ATs too, specially a Water Adept (cuz Water/Ice is my favorite element =P) but any GS adept would be great.
Felix is cool too, but I can see him more likely as Isaac Alt costume/color change.

Isaac for Brawl!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ah, yes. Felix is a bit cooler then Isaac, but Isaac is still awesome... and if a GS character gets in (hopefully!) it'll be Isaac.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
A Mia Assist Trophy would be beautiful. Attacking foes with her ice and water psynergy. <3 Mia, I've love if she was playable but I know I'm pushing my luck way to far, lol.

-Knight

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lol, I actually wanted either her or Piers playable... but then I saw the light and realized that they have no chance. :/

Ice/water is the best element!

Deathblown

Smash Rookie
Isaac for brawl, sounds good to me. Djinni would add a good uniqueness to his skill set and moves i imagine.

Arteen

Smash Lord
A Mia Assist Trophy would be beautiful. Attacking foes with her ice and water psynergy. <3 Mia, I've love if she was playable but I know I'm pushing my luck way to far, lol.
Mia playable would be even more awesome. We need more water elementals than Squirtle. She doesn't have a chance, but she'd be a very neat fighter. Sheba and Alex would also be cool. I would be happy to see some of the other characters at least represented as assist trophies.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I personaly perfer Isaac over Felix...
one that I would REALLY like to see, is his "move" ability as a forward B; it would send out a Psynergy hand that would slam people away, and have great knock back. of course
BTW, i 100% agree with this. And Catch(witch is simlar to Move) would be his grab.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Those are all GS:TLA though. Well, it's incentive to play that one too. :) By the way, make sure to collect all the djinn (use a guide if you can't find them all) because they make you so significantly stronger and you'll need them to access the secret dungeon in The Lost Age. The Dullahan battle is epic.

Oh, and Catastrophe is awesome. Sheba needs to be playable just so this can be her final smash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqtPTrXes10

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I have to agree with Arteen, the Golden Sun series has plenty of characters that would fit perfectly in Brawl and give us nice, unique, movesets.

It's a shame that even Isaac's chances alone aren't good enough. :ohwell:

I've seen some people suggesting using Djinn in the moveset, I don't know about that. For some reason iit sounds kind of weird to me. A summon for a Final Smash sounds like a much better idea, IMO.

Top Bottom