• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Caael

Smash Lord
It would be awesome to have Isaac in Brawl. Stfu people who think he's another Sword wielder, he uses way more psynergy than magic.

As awesome as he is, your B moves for him aren't the most amazing choices. The rest of the moveset is great, but the special moves need work.

Everybody seems to be basing his moves on loads of different classes, but he should just have his Slayer title.

B: Ragnarok- A sword plunges from the sky diagonally infront of him. Getting hit by the sword is 7%. Getting caught in the explosion is 3% per second ( explosion will last between 2-6 seconds)

B>: Grand Gaia ( chargeable). The longer you hold b, the larger the hole will be. When you let go, a giant hole in the ground will throw rocks directly upwards. Full charged will shoot 8 rocks, no charge will shoot 3. 5% per rock

B^: Flint- Isaac will jump up and come crashing down with flint, which makes the ground shake around him. 10-15%

Bv: Spire- 3 stone spikes will fall down one in front of the other very quickly. 5% each

Final Smash: Judgement. Better let this video do the explaining. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHwgkwtMUY&mode=related&search=

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
i only played the second game, so I am actually more leaning towards felix, but either would be a great addition to brawl!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... yeah... there seems to be some kind of Database error on here. What's up with that? It's like only this topic... o_O

T-major

Smash Champion
cool! now I don't feel like a loser! :D

and Golden sun is good. I only played a little bit today, but I'm in Sol Sanctum right now. I'll be playing more tomorrow (I'm also trying to get the actual game, because I'm using a ROM right now)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Could you imagine seeing these summons in full 3D? Yet another reason that Isaac should be in! :laugh:

Anyways is that Sheba's summon? Felix summoned it, and I haven't played the game in a while, so I don't really remember.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Could you imagine seeing these summons in full 3D? Yet another reason that Isaac should be in! :laugh:

Anyways is that Sheba's summon? Felix summoned it, and I haven't played the game in a while, so I don't really remember.
It's one of the multi-elemental summons, but it's Jupiter-oriented so it would be a fitting final smash (5 Jupiter, 3 Mars).

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Isaac would be soo ridiculously cool. I have bene thinking long and hard about his inclusion. He would be such a different character, no one else has the power of earth stuff. I have to apologise in advance about commenting on the first page alone, but 11 pages is a little much for me at the moment. Your moveset does look alright, except that there is quite a few fire moves involved there, and I think that Isaac has a better chance if he sticks with his earth powers. Here's some ideas I had

B - Gaia (or Mother gaia if charged) You did say this one, sothat is cool, though I thought it was merely an explosion in front of him.
Bforward - I thought he could throw spires or something, just to give him a projectile. If not, he could use the Djinni Flint to do a powered up sword lunge.
Bup - I thought Meteor Diver for this one, which is similar to one of the idea you had, just so hecould launch himself, a bit like the Fire Fox move that Fox has. But the vines work too, mad growth and all.
Bdown - I jus tfigured that earthquake was a great idea. Shakes a lot of the ground around him, it jumping up like it did in his game.

Grab - This could be the Psynergy glove, reaching out and grabbing the opponent, squeezing for damage and throwing in any direction.

Final Smash - I like your idea with the angelic knight with the lion head cannon and its apocalyptic blast, it was such an awesomely powerful move in Golden Sun. I thought it might have been too powerful for a character in brawl, but then I thought about what they said about Wario, and holding the move will make it stronger. I thought that if Isaac could hold onto the Smash Ball for a little while, the power could grow. So if he uses it straight after getting it then he will do a powered up lunge with the sword shining yellow like Flint. For a bit longer you could uses Ramses, the pyramid thing that punches the ground and the opponents. More time and you get Cybele, the weird plant monster that plants the seeds which grow, but if characters get caught in it it carries them off the top of the screen if you are caught in the middle. An instant KO. And finally, after holding it for alittle while longer, you get that angelic knight to dohis dirty work. It is somewhat complicated, but would be so ridiculously cool.

Just my thoughts on it though...

Arteen

Smash Lord
I have to apologise in advance about commenting on the first page alone, but 11 pages is a little much for me at the moment.
Don't worry about it. The main three areas of discussion that you missed were:
1) Isaac is awesome.
2) Yes, Isaac is a first party character.
3) Wouldn't Isaac be awesome?

;)

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Don't worry about it. The main three areas of discussion that you missed were:
1) Isaac is awesome.
2) Yes, Isaac is a first party character.
3) Wouldn't Isaac be awesome?

;)
well, in that case....

Isaac is an awesome first party character who would be awesome!

I love this, I havent really found many people who know of Isaac, but I know he has quite a following. I hope that his appearance on the wanted list poll of Sakurai's will really set his spot in. It was easier waiting for Melee, I didn't know of heaps of other series that deserved spots in the game. Ah well, Sakurai will do fine.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Isaac would be soo ridiculously cool. I have bene thinking long and hard about his inclusion. He would be such a different character, no one else has the power of earth stuff. I have to apologise in advance about commenting on the first page alone, but 11 pages is a little much for me at the moment. Your moveset does look alright, except that there is quite a few fire moves involved there, and I think that Isaac has a better chance if he sticks with his earth powers. Here's some ideas I had

B - Gaia (or Mother gaia if charged) You did say this one, sothat is cool, though I thought it was merely an explosion in front of him.
Bforward - I thought he could throw spires or something, just to give him a projectile. If not, he could use the Djinni Flint to do a powered up sword lunge.
Bup - I thought Meteor Diver for this one, which is similar to one of the idea you had, just so hecould launch himself, a bit like the Fire Fox move that Fox has. But the vines work too, mad growth and all.
Bdown - I jus tfigured that earthquake was a great idea. Shakes a lot of the ground around him, it jumping up like it did in his game.

Grab - This could be the Psynergy glove, reaching out and grabbing the opponent, squeezing for damage and throwing in any direction.

Final Smash - I like your idea with the angelic knight with the lion head cannon and its apocalyptic blast, it was such an awesomely powerful move in Golden Sun. I thought it might have been too powerful for a character in brawl, but then I thought about what they said about Wario, and holding the move will make it stronger. I thought that if Isaac could hold onto the Smash Ball for a little while, the power could grow. So if he uses it straight after getting it then he will do a powered up lunge with the sword shining yellow like Flint. For a bit longer you could uses Ramses, the pyramid thing that punches the ground and the opponents. More time and you get Cybele, the weird plant monster that plants the seeds which grow, but if characters get caught in it it carries them off the top of the screen if you are caught in the middle. An instant KO. And finally, after holding it for alittle while longer, you get that angelic knight to dohis dirty work. It is somewhat complicated, but would be so ridiculously cool.

Just my thoughts on it though...
Thats a decent moveset.
I especialy agree with his grab being the glove.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
for isaac I can see his moves being based in the following way.

weak attacks: arms and legs

strong attacks:sword

smash attacks:psy energy/Djinni

final smash:judgment

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
golden sun is one of the best games for gba period

issac would be kickass with his effin psyenergies

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac is a medieval reflection of Cloud Strife... most unoriginal character EVER!
Stop your ignorant trolling. If Isaac is a rip-off of Cloud because he has spiky blonde hair, then Ness and Diddy Kong are rip-offs of Mario because they all wear red hats.

Shuma

Smash Hero
He's not your an ignorant fool, have you even played Golden Sun?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Riiiiight........

HE doesn't even look like Cloud, are you blind? OMG He'S BLOND!! CLOUD CLONE! . Idiot.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Riiiiight........

HE doesn't even look like Cloud, are you blind? OMG He'S BLOND!! CLOUD CLONE! . Idiot.
Golden Sun is Nintendo's obvious response to Final Fantasy's success on the Playstation... it lacks originality in all areas, so do the characters, they are your typical Final Fantasy stereotype... and you don't even have good arguments to back up your statements everytime someone says a bad thing about a character on your sig, you're always like "are you an ignorant? are you a ******? have you even played Nintendo?" next time grow some balls and take it like a man, you're just a crybaby... don't reply if you have nothing good to say which from seeing you reply here everynight is obvious that you don't.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, let's start, IIRC Cloud did nothing, he suffered amnesia and the one that did the entire FF7 story was his old dead friend Zack, that kills your whole argument since Issace was the Hero and he did all the fighthing in the original Golden Sun, also originality, there are no original RPGs anymore i you haven't noticed, the characters are not unoriginal, besides i don't recall FF7 havin Djin, or multiple plot lines and sub-plotlines. I also don't remember Cloud using a big *** Sword or having a motorcicle.

And the fact that you think Wolf is not a worthy addition to Brawl and that Dark Samus could be made a clone prove that you're ignorant.

Besided, it was you the one that sayd Issac was a rip off of Cloud because of his appareance.

T-major

Smash Champion
Design wise he is a ripoff... and don't say otherwise.
care to elaborate? because I can't see any design similarities between them; besides the blond hair of course, but that hardly counts at all.

Golden Sun is Nintendo's obvious response to Final Fantasy's success on the Playstation;
source or it didn't happen...

... it lacks originality in all areas
Example?

and you don't even have good arguments to back up your statements
I f*cked your mom... is that a good one?

next time grow some balls and take it like a man you stupid crybaby
A real man would stand up for his ideas, not sit back and let ***** like you **** all over them...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
most unoriginal character EVER!
Obviously you've never heard of Plusle and Minum...

Besides you have no idea what you're talking about. :/

Maybe you don't like Isaac, but he would fit perfectly in Brawl and would bring a very unique moveset. The fact that you're arguing against Isaac because of his appearance is ridiculous. That's no reason a character shouldn't be in. Mario and Luigi look alike! Marth and Ike look quite a bit alike. My god, even Ness and Lucas look quite a bit alike. That doesn't mean those characters shouldn't be in.

vesperview

Smash Hero
source or it didn't happen...
No reason to point out the obvious.

The Djin are clear copies of the Final Fantasy summons.

A real man would stand up for his ideas, not sit back and let ***** like you **** all over them...
I wasn't even directing my first statement towards him to deliver such a stupid response... if you can't handle what people are gonna say here... maybe you shouldn't be here?

*yawns* I feel sorry for her... seriously get a life! It's not even your argument, get it?

and what am I expected to refrain from posting my opinion on this thread as negative as it may be, just for the sake of the people who actually support this character? I don't think so!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Golden Sun is Nintendo's obvious response to Final Fantasy's success on the Playstation... it lacks originality in all areas, so do the characters, they are your typical Final Fantasy stereotype... and you don't even have good arguments to back up your statements...
Ugh, trolls. You aren't even attempting to explain your statements. Have you even played the game? Name and explain the similarities. Spiky blonde hair doesn't count. Why don't you just go into the Ridley thread and complain how he's too big instead?

By the way, Mario is just a rip-off of the right paddle in Pong. Don't say otherwise.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ugh, trolls. You aren't even attempting to explain your statements. Have you even played the game? Name and explain the similarities. Spiky blonde hair doesn't count. Why don't you just go into the Ridley thread and complain how he's too big instead?

By the way, Mario is just a rip-off of the right paddle in Pong. Don't say otherwise.
I'm not gonna write a book just to explain it to you... the battle system is very similar, you have a party of four, etc, etc, etc... storywise is not the same thing I meant gameplay.

T-major

Smash Champion
I wasn't even directing my first statement towards him to deliver such a stupid response... if you can't handle what people are gonna say here... maybe you shouldn't be here?
I have as much right to be here as you do. more so, actually, because I'm actally contributing to the thread, and not just spouting random crap that has no bearing...

seriously get a life!
I used to have a life; I sold it to buy anime though.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I have as much right to be here as you do. more so, actually, because I'm actally contributing to the thread, and not just spouting random crap that has no bearing...
yeah like:
has a lot of substance to it, doesn't it?

Seriously I just came here to say that because I had been playing the game and didn't really feel it was original, is that so bad that your hearts can't take it?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Your first post was that Isaac is a rip off of Cloud and not that the Golden Sun games are unoriginal.

Besides that's not an argument against Isaac's inclusion in any way. Isaac has great potential for Brawl, and that's what matters.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna write a book just to explain it to you... the battle system is very similar, you have a party of four, etc, etc, etc... storywise is not the same thing I meant gameplay.
What Final Fantasy are you referring to? Golden Sun has a turn-based battle system where the commands for each of the four characters is given once per turn, then the characters and enemies attack each other based on their speeds, then the next turn begins. If anything, it's more like Pokemon with larger player and enemy parties than Final Fantasy, in that each character usually gets one move per turn and the attack order is based on speed. Almost all the FF games I've played have used an active time battle system, so there was no rigid turn system. The other, FFX, has a turn-based battle system, but still no rigid turn system. GS also implement djinn, and their use in battle constantly changes a player's stats, moves, and class. Yes, both games have summons, but the way they're implemented is very different. I don't recall a specific Final Fantasy that had constantly varying stats in the same way Golden Sun does. Unless you're referring to a different FF than what I've played, then Golden Sun and Final Fantasy have very different battle systems.

Okay, what else to you think is similar?

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I recently decided that I actually really do like Isaac.
But I'd prefer a move set with more of his elemental moves.

Top Bottom