• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

EPX2

Smash Ace
I'm expecting Sakurai to give GS some love in Brawl (in the form of at least one playable character).

zagman505

Smash Cadet
ahh please let isaac get in, imo he would definitely deserve it more than some other characters that are in (like ice climbers for example)

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Well, since Isaac was voted the same score as Lucas did, I hope that he has a higher chance. I do have no doubt in my mind that there will be at least some sort of reference to Golden Sun in Brawl, whether it be stickers or trophies, all the way up to the full character and stage. I really hope that Isaac does get in because he would add so much to the game, I mean, the power of earth, the sword, and that scarf...no other brawler has a scarf so far...

I think I would prefer the trophy to an assist trophy, since i would hat eto see him with a move that we couldn't use ourselves. I think his chances keep changing though, with the icon theory putting him out, then the DS symbol giving him more hope, to the interview with the creators saying that Nintendo asked them please make another Golden Sun (which is the best chance for an inclusion). Having a character in a smash game really makes the creator feel the pressure to make another game, with the main character being as awesome as the smasher. That's why nintendo were considering making a new Kid Icarus because of Pit. That was just because of the very first video, and people loved him.

Yeah, but really, Isaac should have a spot. We have 22 characters confirmed (minus ZZSamus as she is a transformation) and with one more third party spot (???), around 10 veterans to be reconfirmed (give or take a few), that puts us at 33. Then, if the around 40 rumours are true, then that leaves 7-10 spots. With any luck, Isaac will indeed take one of those spots.

EPX2

Smash Ace
If any GS characters were to join Isaac in Brawl, I'd expect no one other than Felix, to be honest. Just seems most appropriate to go with the two main characters of the franchise.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
eh, if we get more than one i'd hope for isaac and alex. since isaac and felix are both venus adepts, i think that at most felix would be an alt. costume for isaac... and alex because he's an awesome villain (which we need more of in brawl) and because he's a mercury adept.

jdog9393

Smash Rookie
i think a better Final Smash would be Djinn Summon.
All the Level 4 djinn summons will attack except it will rotate

Example:
Level 4 Venus djinn -> level 4 Mars djinn
level 4 Mars djinn -> level 4 Jupiter djinn
Level 4 Jupiter djinn ->level 4 Mercury djinn

u get it? or at least something like that.
and i like the Halt one.you said

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
eh, if we get more than one i'd hope for isaac and alex. since isaac and felix are both venus adepts, i think that at most felix would be an alt. costume for isaac... and alex because he's an awesome villain (which we need more of in brawl) and because he's a mercury adept.
I agree with that. Alex would be a better choice for a second GS rep since he uses a different element and hes a villain.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I'm still praying for Issac to make it in... I'm loosing hope, someone, enlighten me again, quick please!
What are you losing hope for? I'm not aware of any developments that seem to suggest that Isaac's chances of getting into the game (as a playable character) are decreasing as time passes.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Issac as a playable character has some pretty good chances. I mean, if Lucas got in, Issac stands a chance too.
Without a doubt, there will be SOMETHING GS related in Brawl.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Meh, I'm random like that. It depends on how I feel about life at the moment, for example, I now think he has pretty good chances, but in a few hours I may not.

Let me just take this opportunity to tell you all about a dream I had about Issac. I know it is odd to dream about video games, but I dunno, it was the only thing in my mind yesterday (I read this topic pretty late at night, and when I went to sleep, I was still thinking about it). Anyway, I just basically dreamed that Monday's update was Issac as a newcomer, then woek up a few seconds later (>_<). I doubt the dream meant anything, but well...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac is from a second party, Camelot. Seeing as Golden Sun has only been on the Game Boy Advance, I doubt there'd be any problem getting rights to him.

Camelot also did the Mario Golf and Mario Tennis games.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Isaac belongs to Camelot, which is a second-party developer to Nintendo. Other second-party characters in the SSB series are the Pokemon, since that brand is owned by Game Freak.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
NO, NINTENDO OWNS THE RIGHTS TO GOLDEN SUN.
Its a first party franchise developed by a second part studio.
Nintendo owns the legal rights to Isaac.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
I dont think we need any more swordsmen, because we already have 6: (off the top of my head)

Metanight
Pit (sort of)
Roy
Marth
Link
Young Link

but if they add a Golden Sun person and they have to take out one of the old swordsmen I hope its Marth, plus Ashnard is going to be in the game.
but some of these guys aren't coming back

GenG

Smash Lord
I was thinking about Isaac not using a sword at all, just ground psi energy. A pure geomancer.

If he has a sword, it just should be for some close range moves and aerials, because the moveset should be made around that natural exploit of his.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
but some of these guys aren't coming back
Says who?

It doesn't matter anyways. Isaac is much more than a swordsman. If you don't realize that than you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Of course, it's obviously because Isaac is the best choice for Brawl. :p

I have to note, this is perhaps the only (or at least one of very few.) character suggestion that gets the least hate.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I don't know, it seems large to me. I'll have to take a look at the other characters on Sakurai's poll and see how their topics are.

Ragnarok would indeed be cool. I'm having a little trouble imagining him in brawl though, just a little... But maybe it's just mu imagination... =) I still hope he makes it in.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
What is with all this sudden Isaac love? Where was everyone when Nintendo was taking suggestions?!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Of course, it's obviously because Isaac is the best choice for Brawl. :p

I have to note, this is perhaps the only (or at least one of very few.) character suggestion that gets the least hate.
What were the arguments against Issac that came up anyway? I sure didn't see any.

What is with all this sudden Isaac love? Where was everyone when Nintendo was taking suggestions?!
Not in Japan taking part of the poll.

-Knight

Boofer

Smash Ace
I thought Nintendo was fully aware of the Isaac love. Didn't he do well in Sakurai's poll?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Kirby Knight: Where's the dedication? There was nothing to stop you learning Japanese in the time the poll was open and flying to Japan to take part in the poll! I couldn't because I was..... err sick yeah that's it. Plus wasn't there a poll done on the NSider forums for the US version too? Oh and Boofer, as far as we know he did alright but not greatly so, I think if a character like Isaac were to make it they would really need to stand out as a fan favorite unlike someone like Wario who was pretty much a given the day they decided to make a new game.

GenG

Smash Lord
But Isaac is in the Japanese poll, and he got 2 votes (like Lucas). His name in the Japanese version of Golden Sun is Robin though.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Shhhh! Don't say that, you'll hex his chances!

*Cough* Iceclimbersandgameandwatch *Cough*

You were saying?

And during the time of the polls, I actually though Brawl was a bad idea. How I changed my mind, I'll never know.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What were the arguments against Issac that came up anyway? I sure didn't see any.
There actually was one recently. It was over the fact that Isaac looks like Cloud.

Yeah, I guess there really isn't any good argument against Isaac.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I lol'd.

Isaac looks nothing like Cloud. How anyone can see that is beyond me. I have more of a worry thinking Issac is too related to Link (They both have a sword, and are blond, etc.)., and that doesn't even bother me much.

Top Bottom