• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Coincidentally, the characters in your signature are also characters I'd like to see as well.

Though if Isaac can't be a character, I would at least want him to be an Assist/Trophy of some kind, because something is always better than nothing... And besides, maybe when the next Smash Bros. (if any) gets released, Golden Sun 3 will be out, and the creator may give recognition to Isaac for that. And Garet has been mentioned a few times in here... I really do hope I can select all of the characters on your signature.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Your feeling is wrong - take a look at the Ike sub-forum. Its obvious based on what we know of him (which is almost everything) that hes very little like Roy, and all but nothing like Marth. It seems as if they were deliberately trying to make him different, really.

Besides, since when is there some limit to the number of swords-wielders in SSB? What makes them different from all the fist-fighters or blaster-users we have in that regard? The weapon of choice of a character shouldn't make any difference to whether they're worthy to be in SSB.

Zevox
QFeffingT

Once again, Zevox makes an excellent post.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Even if Golden Sun was owned by Capcom, which isn't so, you make it seem as if 3rd party characters can't be in Brawl. Which of course, Wiimaster, isn't the case either way.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'd love Isaac in Brawl. I'm definitely a supporter! let it be known! Issac for Brawl!

It's just a shame that a series as brilliant as Golden Sun isn't as popular as it should be, & that's what potentially prevents Isaac's involvement in SSBB.

Also, I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but is Isaac really a Nintendo character? He's made by Camelot. Still, I guess that makes him just as much a Nintendo character as Chibi-Robo.

EDIT: He might have been getting at Camelot's partnership with Capcom, for the game "We Love Golf"

I guess you could jump to conclusion that Capcom bought Camelot, but since Camelot expressed interest in a new Golden Sun, I don't think that's the case anyway.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Also, I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but is Isaac really a Nintendo character? He's made by Camelot. Still, I guess that makes him just as much a Nintendo character as Chibi-Robo.
Nintendo owns the full rights to the characters and music of Golden Sun, and Nintendo and Camelot share the rights to everything else.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well that's good to know... really the only thing stopping it from making a Brawl appearance is it's popularity in Japan... :(

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Isaac's inclusion in Brawl is I'm sure all Camelot needs to finally make a Golden Sun 3. People who have never heard of him will learn to like him, and buy Golden Sun, etc. I believe Wikipedia's article on Golden Sun states that Camelot doesn't have enough hype to make the next one; and that is the reason why they let the hoax show in E3. He would be another advertising character, and I'm sure that would help both Nintendo, and Camelot alike. But will Sakurai see it the way we do?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I was thinking about this after beating Golden Sun. Technically, The Lost Age wasn't in any way a sequel, so wouldn't Camelot's next Golden Sun game (considering its not some side-story) be Golden Sun 2, not Golden Sun 3, since The Lost Age was more like...let's say Golden Sun is to Kill Bill Vol.1 as The Lost Age is to Kill Bill Vol.2. The same game, just the rest of the story.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
really the only thing stopping it from making a Brawl appearance is it's popularity in Japan... :(
Isaac isn't unpopular in Japan, hes just not immensely popular.
I was thinking about this after beating Golden Sun. Technically, The Lost Age wasn't in any way a sequel, so wouldn't Camelot's next Golden Sun game (considering its not some side-story) be Golden Sun 2, not Golden Sun 3, since The Lost Age was more like...let's say Golden Sun is to Kill Bill Vol.1 as The Lost Age is to Kill Bill Vol.2. The same game, just the rest of the story.
Actually yes, you are correct.

Arteen

Smash Lord
True. Hopefully Camelot will provide us with the answer sooner or later. :)

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
I would Love to see Issac or Felix hell, any GS character! I'm an avid fan of both games, thouhg my persoanl preference is still the first. While we do have many swordsmen, Issac would still be an excellent addition; sort of a sword(or axe if they wanted originality)/magic(psyenergy) character. which currently dosen't exist in Smash. Anyway, excellent thread and I'll keep praying we can see one of the GS characters in brawl!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I never really entertained the idea of Isaac using different weapons at the same time...

D

Deleted member

Cena, your sig seems to suggest Snake is a pimp! (Of course he is, but that's not the point...)

Isaac for Brawl. I've grown up with Golden Sun, starting with the Lost Age. It was the first RPG I ever got, way back when I didn't even know what an RPG was, or even cared (boy, was I a stupid 12 year old :p)

It was huge, literally the longest game I'd ever seen! I still can never forget that sailing theme. The minute I heard it, and sailed around the world map on my friend's GBA SP, I knew I would never forget this game. It made that much of an impression on me.

Still the greatest portable game.

And even though I like Felix a huge amount more, Issac is still cool. Hey, why the heck not two?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Yea, the Golden Sun games are easily my favorite RPGs of all time (and I've played A LOT of rpgs)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Yes, Camelot needs to spend less time making golf games and more time making outstanding RPGs. :grin:

And even though I like Felix a huge amount more, Issac is still cool. Hey, why the heck not two?
I wish it weren't true, but Golden Sun will probably only get one rep (if any). If the series could have two unique characters, I'd rather have one of them be either Isaac or Felix, and the other be someone else. They're essentially clones in their own games, so I'd rather have someone unique instead of two characters arbitrarily differentiated from each other. But if the development team didn't think the series was worth two unique characters, I certainly wouldn't mind Isaac and Felix as clones. I prefer Isaac over Felix, but I like them both.

D

Deleted member

Well, as Luigi is to Mario, then yes.

Why can't they share some moves? It saves time, and kinda links them together.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
B^ idea!

Teleport- When Isaac uses this, the teleport symbol appears on top of Isaac. You can drag this symbol like a cursor with the control stick to a different location. In about 2 seconds, Isaac will disappear from his original position and reappear to where the teleport symbol currently is.

-The symbol moves slow :p
-Characters who touch the teleport symbol would get knocked back and damaged slightly
-The move won't work if the symbol is on a solid wall (where you can't dropthrough it)

Rate meh idea /10! :psycho: (I hope it makes sense to you who reads it)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
B^ idea!

Teleport- When Isaac uses this, the teleport symbol appears on top of Isaac. You can drag this symbol like a cursor with the control stick to a different location. In about 5 seconds, Isaac will disappear from his original position and reappear to where the teleport symbol currently is.

-The symbol moves slow :p
-Characters who touch the teleport symbol would get knocked back and damaged slightly
-The move won't work if the symbol is on a solid wall (where you can't dropthrough it)

Rate meh idea /10! :psycho: (I hope it makes sense to you who reads it)
WOw, do you know how long 5 seconds is in brawl? Very freaking long. Ganondorfs warlock punch is like 2 seconds, and ur move is 5 seconds. Someone will come kill you before the move is done. And if you choose the place where you want to teleport, EVERYONE can see where you want to go, and wait there only to punish your face.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
WOw, do you know how long 5 seconds is in brawl? Very freaking long. Ganondorfs warlock punch is like 2 seconds, and ur move is 5 seconds. Someone will come kill you before the move is done. And if you choose the place where you want to teleport, EVERYONE can see where you want to go, and wait there only to punish your face.
*Changes to 2 seconds* >_>

And that's just one of the downsides of it. Also, don't forget that you can knock people back using the cursor, so if you time it right, you can teleport right when the enemy flinches from the attack and proceed to combo :p

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I now understand my post..

It's not a bad idea, but I'd rather it something like Mewtwo's, but farther. Two seconds is still quite a long time, and naturally, if you are using it in mid air, pretty close to the edge of the screen, you'll fall to your doom.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
I now understand my post..

It's not a bad idea, but I'd rather it something like Mewtwo's, but farther. Two seconds is still quite a long time, and naturally, if you are using it in mid air, pretty close to the edge of the screen, you'll fall to your doom.
Everyone has their weaknesses. Look at Ike's B^. And about the Mewtwo thing... do you realize that already three characters in Melee share that move? (Mewtwo, Zelda and Shiek)

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm partial to the idea that he would get a B-up based on Megiddo. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I'd rather that teleport move to be his character entrance, I'm sure the developers can work with the 'hand' to make a tether recovery type grab. But, that's just me.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
How about this? Instead of the symbol appearing in the beginning, make Isaac teleport first, then move the cursor to where you want him to teleport to. A and B attacks wouldn't be able to hurt him while he's 'teleporting', but final smashes will, just to be fair. And make it be really laggy when Isaac finally teleports.

How about it?

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
As cool as the teleport idea sounds, I don't think it's practical. I mean, how will this actually help with recovery? Say you're way off to the left of the stage; while you're aiming the cursor towards the stage, Isaac is falling, and will probably die before you get there. I suppose he could be suspended in midair while you aim, but that just makes him vulnerable to projectiles, and if he's invincible during this, what's to stop me from just staying there in midair, invincible? It could get really unbalanced.

Also, I'm not seeing how you could use it on land against human opponents, since they can easily see where you will land and just hit you as soon as you teleport.

Like I said, good idea, but it might be too elaborate. A teleport like Zelda's/Mewtwo's should be fine, or some other kind of Up+B somewhat like Marth's or Meta Knight's, where he just jumps up with his sword.

Top Bottom