• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISA Presents: Smash Orientation 2009 - August 29th - Indianapolis, Indiana

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Rich Wheeler makes it difficult for me to be the villain. It's more like I'm the angsty hero-protagonist when he's around. I don't like it.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Peef is like Seto Kaiba.

And yes I made a Yugioh reference.

Edit: Jekyll is a pretty cool guy too.
He has that nice shoulder and those long dancers legs.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Rich Wheeler makes it difficult for me to be the villain. It's more like I'm the angsty hero-protagonist when he's around. I don't like it.
If you want to be a villan you shouldn't argue with me in a Brawl-only thread.

Composer, did you just call me a fanboy? of whom?

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
You gotta admit you were pretty into Viper and Lemon at House of Smash.

Not that it's a bad thing, I don't care who roots for who as long as things don't get nasty.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Viperboy seems like a pretty cool guy but......

you were basically on your knees as soon as he walked into the venue.
LOL? Besides the fact that weve been good friends for a year and a half and we hadn't hung out since event 52. I cheered for him when he played Brawl because he was doing crazy sh*t and beating all the brawl players even though he hadn't played the game in over a year. It was hilarious, how could you not be hype.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
LOL? Besides the fact that weve been good friends for a year and a half and we hadn't hung out since event 52. I cheered for him when he played Brawl because he was doing crazy sh*t and beating all the brawl players even though he hadn't played the game in over a year. It was hilarious, how could you not be hype.

B/c I am not a **** :/
(well I am a ****, but that is another story)

Don't you understand that the way you present yourself to brawl players and the community? By rooting for someone that loudly at a 16 man tournament, and your main cause seeming to be "he hasn't played brawl" is thumbing your nose at their community for no reason. It doesn't matter if you cheer for someone but you mentioned he hasn't played brawl in a year every 5 mins. That is something you shouldn't be doing especially when you are a guest at someones tournament.

Not to mention that they added melee at the IU tournament more or less based on an argument you started in their thread. I see you completely bash their community all the time, but I have yet to see a reason why. They have been more than accepting of you, I don't understand the need to trash them all the time.

I understand you don't like brawl, I don't really like it either but **** like this needs to not happen:

Rich Wheeler said:
10noobs

I bet you place dead last, no offense haha.
I mean what the **** man? This is a peer who is just getting started into a community and you have to quote him and trash him? What the **** is wrong with you?

This is why our community gets a bad rap, *******s like you talking **** to random people, telling them how much they suck. This is a guy just getting started and you are telling him he sucks. Do you understand how that could effect his attendance at this tournament? No wonder we are a joke to so many other game communities.

Rich Wheeler said:
I didn't annoy the Brawl community, I am very nice and easy to get along with in person.
What a joke xD

You clearly lack the ability to understand, or perceive what people are feeling. I will make it clear to you though:

They didn't want you there.

You are a joke to them.

You are not nice or easy to get along with at all.

You kicked a person out of your smashfest over a dispute on a matchup.

You yell at your teams partner in friendlies.

You are not a positive to the community.

edit: Jekyll is the coolest guy :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wore a black Gi to tournaments a few times.

Now I wear a nintendo hat and a white t-shirt with names of people I've beaten on it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Way to throw out a whole bunch of half-baked theories out at the end there haha. I would go debunk everything you said, but you would just say "no not true" and it will continue on.

Don't be mad that I started playing Melee 6 months ago and I am already to your level son. Honestly I think that is somewhere at the core of this, because you and I were perfectly good friends until you decided to jump on me right now as well. How long have you known me? 2 weeks? You sureeee know everything about me!

You are alot like me really. You talk alot of mean stuff on the boards but would never say anything like that in person. Keep it up if you want, but you just burned one bridge with someone who had no problem with you.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Way to throw out a whole bunch of half-baked theories out at the end there haha. I would go debunk everything you said, but you would just say "no not true" and it will continue on.

Don't be mad that I started playing Melee 6 months ago and I am already to your level son. Honestly I think that is somewhere at the core of this, because you and I were perfectly good friends until you decided to jump on me right now as well. How long have you known me? 2 weeks? You sureeee know everything about me!

You are alot like me really. You talk alot of mean stuff on the boards but would never say anything like that in person. Keep it up if you want, but you just burned one bridge with someone who had no problem with you.
SHEIK SHEIK SHEIK SHEIK SHEIK

Additionally, he did say that stuff to your face, you simply didn't realize that it happened because of your extreme narcissism and inability to fathom the possibility that anyone could have a problem with you.

To the TO and/or OPer: I'm really sorry this is going on in your thread, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

ice-

Smash Journeyman

You should know something about me, I am not very good a video games xD

You being as good as me doesn't really bother me as I don't put the time in to be good. You do put in much more time than I do. You will be better than me very soon, it doesn't really matter. That isn't what my post was about. My post was about you being an ******* to people you have no business being an ******* to.

Honestly we were not friends in the least, you are one of the most annoying people I have ever met through melee.

Also, if you think I don't say things like this to peoples face, I do. Just not in the Melee community, I more or less play for the people, I play mtg competitively and have told off numerous people for various reason. Some I am not to proud of, some that were justified.

You need to understand that treating people the way you do is not making you friends, and is harming the community. There is no reason to trash a random guy excited about going to his first tournament, that type of behavior is some of the stupidest **** of all time.

If you want to continue this PM me, this thread needs to get back on course.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Don't be mad that I started playing Melee 6 months ago and I am already to your level son. Honestly I think that is somewhere at the core of this,
Snicker 1

because you and I were perfectly good friends until you decided to jump on me right now as well.
Oh, that's sad. Tearing friendships apart. :\

How long have you known me? 2 weeks? You sureeee know everything about me!
Oh wait. You weren't friends. NM.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
At least we can agree on one thing. We all love bandwagons.

For the record, I regret the post telling the new kid he would get last.

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
ENOUGH

I've said this before and I'll say it again "If you are not planning on coming to this tournament, do not post in this thread!" And if you DO post, quite bad mouthing people!

PEEF! I believe it has been established that you CAN'T make it to this. So please take your argument somewhere else. As far as -ice and Oversmarm are concerned, I understand that you are defending the Brawl community and I look forward to meeting you. HOWEVER, try not to fuel his flame.

Count and I are trying to put together a top notch tournament for all you around the Indianapolis area. Please! Just use this thread for Hype, comments about attendance, and friendly trash talking.

Thank you,

SmaDa

ice-

Smash Journeyman
ENOUGH

I've said this before and I'll say it again "If you are not planning on coming to this tournament, do not post in this thread!" And if you DO post, quite bad mouthing people!

PEEF! I believe it has been established that you CAN'T make it to this. So please take your argument somewhere else. As far as -ice and Oversmarm are concerned, I understand that you are defending the Brawl community and I look forward to meeting you. HOWEVER, try not to fuel his flame.

Count and I are trying to put together a top notch tournament for all you around the Indianapolis area. Please! Just use this thread for Hype, comments about attendance, and friendly trash talking.

Thank you,

SmaDa

Yeah I apologize for de-railing you thread.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
wow, me entering a brawl tournament has created quite the ruckus, i see.

@peef - you've got a good head on your shoulders man, you're an intelligent individual for your age (man i feel old saying that), but stop burying yourself in a brawl/melee debate. it's an endless, ridiculous debate that obviously only comes down to personal game knowledge and and the ability to keep up/maintain a certain degree of technical skill. there is no correct choice and solely relies on the preference of an individual. Example, im going to go ahead and finish this paragraph by saying Melee is clearly superior. Sounds a little contridictory, eh? or, you could reply to the previous statement with "Oh, you would rather play a face paced game that doesn't allow you to make mistakes". let the brawl players be, sir, its their personal choice, and maybe one day, they'll decide to give Melee a shot.

@ everyone else - though im obviously not a mod of these boards here, im going to say this tournament should probably return to a "hype" status, where the MM's are called out and the flaming slighty decreases. I enjoyed going to your Bloomington tourney, liked everyone there, and didn't expect my presence to create an uproar. If you feature melee at future events, you'll likely see me again

Count

Smash Champion
Thanks smada, I was about to make that same post.

ice- I appreciate that post. It'd be cool if you could show up to this, we can hopefully have some melee setups there. I would more than like to run melee there but I'm actually expecting fairly substantial numbers at this tournament and running melee on top of that for my FIRST tournament would be silly.

I'm going to make the AIB event tonight, as well as update the first post. Hopefully I can start getting a better idea of who is actually coming as the event approaches.

I <3 melee players and I have nothing against peef but some of the stuff in this thread is silly.

Hype, I think this will be a decent event for letting MW:E see what states like Illinois and Wisconsin can do.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Viper, your presence didn't really cause commotion so much as you got pulled into an example that caused commotion.
If you would've thrown two maybe three chairs however I think your presence would've been considered a commotion.
Unfortunately you only threw turtles. :(
Also matchsticks and hammers and boxes...

SmaDa your avatar changes weekly who is your artist?
I would like to approach him with money and possibly womens.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks smada, I was about to make that same post.

ice- I appreciate that post. It'd be cool if you could show up to this, we can hopefully have some melee setups there. I would more than like to run melee there but I'm actually expecting fairly substantial numbers at this tournament and running melee on top of that for my FIRST tournament would be silly.

I'm going to make the AIB event tonight, as well as update the first post. Hopefully I can start getting a better idea of who is actually coming as the event approaches.

I <3 melee players and I have nothing against peef but some of the stuff in this thread is silly.

Hype, I think this will be a decent event for letting MW:E see what states like Illinois and Wisconsin can do.

Completely understandable, I am not asking for melee there, its your tournament run what you want xD

I hope this does get good attendance, it should be a good time.

Lemondude829

Smash Journeyman
so much rofl in this thread. trail, baby smashers drama, all kinds of good stuff. ice and peef - calm down, its just a game. you can make grammatically perfect posts with no spelling errors whatsoever but what it comes down to is your game. if you guys wanna argue, get your **** together and play some matches and let the ole joysticks of fury do the talking.

CMON NOW DONT MAKE ME SHOW UP AND TAKE YO MONEY

SmaDa

Smash Cadet
Bring it Lemondude. I'd like to see you show up and try to take our money...unless you mean like robbing us at guin point. But I think you mean in Brawl.

lemon were you the guy that i played @ holy house of smash? i cant remember i know(or im pretty sure) you were one of the brave melee-r's that entered brawl, either way ;D your avatar gave me many lolz

HYPE-UP BEAM!

O_o
/_________________
|_________________
\__

Lemondude829

Smash Journeyman
i was at the holy house, and yes i am a melee'er. if i played you or not i cant remember, i was tall and wore a sweet flat billed st louis hat. oh and i entered brawl, to try and convince some scrubs to play some melee.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I really wanna Come to this....It's not that Far from where i live at, at all. I'll see how the ride situation is looking...

Top Bottom