• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is your area hated?

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Post in this topic if you don't like the unruly mobs of predujiced people in your neighborhood. I will start with this:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the daytona beach area has people who are truly messed up in the head. Since I moved here I have seen Neo Nazis and Satanists hurting people and putting graffiti on every ****ing church they can find, and that's just one group of people on particular days. Other days I see car passengers throwing things at children (children!) while yelling, "SATAN IS COMING!!!" Next, there is always somebody knocking down a hispanic's mail box and ****. What the piss?! A while ago somebody did a paintball drive by on my house as well. Lastly, somebody had the nerve to put, "biggots live here," on a house not too far from mine. End.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My area is loved for being practically crime free and extremely tranquil, while having all the things you could possibly want on the local high street, and one of England's best malls just a 10 minute bus/car ride away.

Still, it's hated by some because the population there is made up of 99% Hasidic Jews, and 0.9% Orthodox Jews.

I got no beef with them, and they keep my area safe. Still, if you're a muslim or a nazi or something, you definitely wouldn't like my area. That amounts to a decent enough share of London. xD

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I live in an area where it's a surprise any time a car drives by my house.

I guess that if you hate white people, you'd want to keep clear of my area.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
My area is loved for being practically crime free and extremely tranquil, while having all the things you could possibly want on the local high street, and one of England's best malls just a 10 minute bus/car ride away.

Near Bluewater?

My area's okay for people with prejudices though a nearby one is not: a lot of non-white families live in this part of London and of course in some cases it will cause friction...

Crime wise?

This month a man got shot a few roads away, a person running from the police jumped over my garden fence, the police cordoned off my road in the middle of the night for some reason and when out looking for my late home sister saw the first ever prostitute in my life.

So not the safest area (just remembered I got invited out drinking tomorrow nearby and don't know how I'm going to safely get home) but I'm out of London in a few months for university

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, my area is known for the KKK.

It's real nice to have people assume we're all racist.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I love Canada. Or at least, my town. We're about as normal as it gets. Some crime here, lots of good things there. Spruce Grove for the win.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Everyone always hates on New Jersey. Yes, there are plenty of reasons to do so. But it's not all bad. Not everyone has spray-on tans and orange skin. We don't all have that accent. We don't all live on the turnpike. If you ask me what exit I'm on, I'll hate you silently. Where I'm from, there are trees, and woods, and cows. All that stuff. We're not the armpit of the country.

Plus, we don't have to pump our own gas. That's reason enough to love my state.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
My area used to be okay except for the past 4 or so years. Now there's the possiblity of being mugged at the local supermarket and a drunk child malestor *sp?* moved in next door. Hooray for Ilinois, atleast our Govenor is decent...oh wait.

Other than the above, it's not so bad. Just gotta be careful and use common sense.

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
i hated certain parts of new orleans for the gangs wars, killing, thieves, terrible enviroment. now that i see the neworleans is "cleaned". its seem to be renewing. i see the flear de luis almost everywhere now, Saints, Hornets, the FOX channel has it on the "O" letter

Red Exodus

Smash Master
My neighbourhood is pretty lame, the guys my age are pretty much all alike and relatively close minded, some of the adults are just plain stupid you can't go a day without hearing someone shouting and swearing at the top of their lungs about some non-sense.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Lol FOX.

Yeah my suburb is thought of to be nice ftmp, the more wealthy area by the Lake is very nice, but there's a few streets known for gang violence, etc. Also people sell drugs in the park next to my house lol.

slave1

Smash Lord
wow i am suppriesed xsyven has not said anything yet about utah. i guess i will.

so mormons are hated by quite a bit of people. when ever the LDS church has one of its conferences, a bunch of people stand out in front of its head quarters and shout hateful slurrs.

i guess next to muslim or something, it is the most hated church.

most people are releativly nice around here though. so i guess thats a pluss

Ugh... I hate my neighborhood its filled with 'ghetto' people... Lol I don't know ANYONE in this neighborhood and I never let my friends visit my house for more than a few minutes. I'd probably get beaten up if I walked around my neighborhood anyway. D:

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol Teran, you must live in Golders Green or sumthing, i been there once not knowing it was a jewish community, i just thought the ppl were dressed weird or sumthing at first

hmm, where i live, im like the only person under 20 in a miles radius, very boring, i gotta travel a while to play smash with ppl, but i guess not as much as you US lot, a 15 min bus is long for me lol

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
My area is very diverse, we just don't have a lot of Latinos around. Everyone seems to get along since most families here make income upwards of 170k (median income for a family was $177,506 in 2007) and just party all the time. This also means most of the kids at my school can afford fake IDs for their weekly drinking parties and buy weed like it's candy.

The funny thing is, the "gangsters" we have in our area mostly wear Abercrombie and Aeropostale for their gang colors.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I had to toss a ton of infractions in here.

Signature Violation - if your post is smaller than your signature, do NOT post your signature. It clutters of the page, and it means your post probably doesn't have enough significant content. Also, please avoid one-line posts.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I like how the OP location states that he will never tell when in this thread the first thing he did was give it away. :laugh:

Anyways where I live there is a growing number of homeless people as well as a lot of old people (eww gross right?) but other then that it's pretty nice. There's a country club by where I live as well as a golf coarse so from that information one could tell that I live in an upper class area.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Nope, definitely not. My neighborhood was rated by a government survey as the msot diverse neighborhood in the U.S. We have Black people, chinese people, nepali people, white people, chinese people, a ****load of middle eastern people, our gay people, our mexican/ latino people. really no gangs or mobs to speak of. the last incident in the neighborhood was when my friend's uncle got stabbed a couple of months ago, but we havn't had gang avtivity for years.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
lol Teran, you must live in Golders Green or sumthing, i been there once not knowing it was a jewish community, i just thought the ppl were dressed weird or sumthing at first
Yeah I do lol.
It's really weird at first, but it's a really nice place once you get used to it.
Also has everything you want on the high street.

bleyva

Smash Ace
the state im from from (New Jersey) is looked down upon as being dirty and filled with dirty thugs, often times of italian descent.

but that rep is completely influenced by NORTH JERSEY. where im from (south jersey), we have clean water, beautiful land and everyone is really nice and cool.

so next time you make or hear someone make fun of new jersey, remember, its NORTH jersey.

D

Deleted member

My humble town has roughly 3,000 inhabitants. We are also 98.86 percent white. West Virginia's like that if you didn't know. I will attempt to estimate the demographics here.

17% uber racists
23% Super churchgoers
25% Old people
15% Wannabe gangsta white kids
8% Football Players
0.3% Shemales
0.5% Atheists
0.2% People who are a race other that white
-Of the 0.16% of Mexicans 0.12% are gangsta wannabes
1% Gays/Lesbians
2% ***** who blast music from their piece of **** cars
-Of the 2% 1.7% is gangsta rap, while the rest is heavy metal
3% Emo/Goth/Psycho
1% Super outdoorsmen
2.5% People living off welfare
0.3% *******es that think the tennis court is a skate park
0.1% Pedophiles/Child molesters/People with creepy white vans
0.1% Other Criminals
0.8% Rednecks
0.01% The awesome dude that killed himself with a chainsaw
0.09% People that killed themselves without chainsaws
0.1% My ******* neighbors who play volleyball till 2AM

Well, you get the idea. My town is actually pretty cool, but like any town has glaring weaknesses. We are incredibly racist though (not that I mind much), so it doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation.

Scott!

Smash Lord
the state im from from (New Jersey) is looked down upon as being dirty and filled with dirty thugs, often times of italian descent.

but that rep is completely influenced by NORTH JERSEY. where im from (south jersey), we have clean water, beautiful land and everyone is really nice and cool.

so next time you make or hear someone make fun of new jersey, remember, its NORTH jersey.
You mean northeast Jersey. Northwest Jersey is like this description of south Jersey, except more trees, mountains, and no Wawas, thank God. Also, we call things by the right names up north, and are better. Not to turn this into a north vs. south Jersey battle, but I must represent my region. Also, I'm only half-serious, except the part about the Wawas. That I meant. :D

_Avalon_

Smash Cadet
Hell yea this place GARY is hated........by others....its just gary also known as murda cap...its funny 2 c ppl walk these streets scared:laugh:

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I live in a city about 20 mins north of Toronto.

It's a pretty rich area with A LOT of Italians. Probably about 70% Italian. Pretty safe, not that much crime.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
My humble town has roughly 3,000 inhabitants. We are also 98.86 percent white. West Virginia's like that if you didn't know. I will attempt to estimate the demographics here.

17% uber racists
23% Super churchgoers
25% Old people
15% Wannabe gangsta white kids
8% Football Players
0.3% Shemales
0.5% Atheists
0.2% People who are a race other that white
-Of the 0.16% of Mexicans 0.12% are gangsta wannabes
1% Gays/Lesbians
2% ***** who blast music from their piece of **** cars
-Of the 2% 1.7% is gangsta rap, while the rest is heavy metal
3% Emo/Goth/Psycho
1% Super outdoorsmen
2.5% People living off welfare
0.3% *******es that think the tennis court is a skate park
0.1% Pedophiles/Child molesters/People with creepy white vans
0.1% Other Criminals
0.8% Rednecks
0.01% The awesome dude that killed himself with a chainsaw
0.09% People that killed themselves without chainsaws
0.1% My ******* neighbors who play volleyball till 2AM

Well, you get the idea. My town is actually pretty cool, but like any town has glaring weaknesses. We are incredibly racist though (not that I mind much), so it doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation.
I highlighted the people who voted for Obama.

My town has a saying, Cape Coral, home of the nearly dead and the newly wed.
Also, some ****ty metal band wrote an album called Escape From Cape Coma.

mzink*

Smash Ace
My area is probably 80% black. Its very peaceful and friendly and laid back. Oh one thing I don't like is that there are a lot of stray dogs that roam the neighborhood. Normally I wouldn't really mind but they come after my dog and he's kinda small and not very good at defending himself so I gota like pick him up and evade their snapping jaws. Its a very beautiful area, I really enjoy living there and everyone is very friendly. Loads of kids lol.

integrebel

Smash Rookie
here in southeastasia. im in a gated neighborhood, so im isolated from all the low income peoples. which is good because lots of rapists, and bums (aka pagpag boys/girls). Best thing its quiet and peaceful and i live across Mega Mall =D

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Well, my area is not that bad. There was an few minor incidents, even though they went crazy July 4th.

Top Bottom