• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any work being done on stage hacking?

crush

Smash Master
milun would you be able to make marths sword on his f smash twice as long and his grab range the length of FD? or do you not know how to do character hax

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
milun would you be able to make marths sword on his f smash twice as long and his grab range the length of FD? or do you not know how to do character hax
The grab range can be done. The longer sword, however, cannot be done at this time. We don't understand the Moveset (animation) files yet.

crush

Smash Master
The grab range can be done. The longer sword, however, cannot be done at this time. We don't understand the Moveset (animation) files yet.
if it actually is possible to do, could you make marths grab range like the length of a platform on battlefield? (not fd long, i want to make a funny legit marth with long grab range)

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I just burn my new iso.
BigBlue and Peach's Castle feeze my game :/

crush

Smash Master
peaches castle and big blue dont freeze my game but for the majority of the time im on big blue a blue/red/grey/black pointy line goes diagonally through the screen

Milun

Smash Ace
I just burn my new iso.
BigBlue and Peach's Castle feeze my game :/
Ok guys, what are you using to replace the .isos? If you're using GC-Tool, there's your problem. You're supposed to use GC-Replace (I think it's replace, mine's just called GC-R). Also, you gotta Burn the .isos really slowly.

I'll burn my own .iso, and I'll get back to you. Keep in mind, I'm using the Australian version of Melee (although that hasn't been a problem before).

Also, question: Which version of Big Blue did you use?

EDIT: ****, ****, **** and another ****! You're right, I screwed up. Why the emulator didn't show it is anyone's guess. I'm fairly certain the issue is that I... ahem... (sorry for the bad joke) divided by zero. See, to get rid of the cars, I made their size divider = 0, and well... the result is those stupid lines.

Nobody is to use my Big Blue hacks until this issue is resolved. The others (including Peach's) are fine however.

As you can see, I am upset... I've had a perfect streak so far...

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Yes I know. But he said GC-Replace so I want to know if it's a mistake or an other.

Big Blue is ok now, but Peach Castle still freezes for me.. :/

Milun

Smash Ace
Yes it is GC-Rebuilder, my bad.

Also, Peaches castle worked on my test, it ju... HEY WAIT! Which version of Big Blue did you use and did it have lines over it (I need to find out if it was the version with the road, without, or both that has the issue).

I'd suggest re-downloading my Peches Castle file, it seems to me you got a bad download.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Ok everthing works now.
I use the roadless Big Blue, and it has lines...

Steelia

Smash Champion
Oyy Milun, you still got a link to this stage hack?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TDKZvDjUFE

Not the textured version, just the hack itself. Thought I had it, but I guess I misplaced it. :C Weren't there different versions of it, too? Something to do with the blocks...

Anywho, awesome stages you've been messing with in here. But what's that about Big Blue? O: I used the roadless one and got lines, sure, but other than that it worked out pretty well. Does the road one have the same issue?

Milun

Smash Ace
WHY DO PEOPLE ONLY CHOOSE THE ROADLESS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEE!!!!!!!

Er, I mean... I don't know. Nobody chose the road one.

Also, with that hack... Um... I don't know if I still have it. I could probably recreate it quite easily though. Depends which version you want.

EDIT: Ok, while I have yet to test them with a DVD, I'm fairly certain the new version of the Big Blue hack is line-free, as the issue was most likely caused by me resizing the smaller cars incorrectly. I have found a way around it (by making the cars fall through the road at the start), and it should work properly now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkp6oKlA2Y - I've updated the link.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Kraid's stage kept freezing for me when trying to load it. :c Guy must be seriously pissed off or something.

Anyway, posted up some videos with these stages in action. Just for those curious:
Battlefield
Peach's Castle (yaHAHAyaHAHAHAHA)
Big Blue w/road (first version)
Great Bay
Yoshi's Island
Mushroom Kingdom II

Also, I found a file of MKI Milun, but I think it's an older one. Me and P4(?) fell to our deaths by accident. I think later versions had blocks stop our falls? I seriously can't remember. Wish I knew what I did with that one.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Steelia, can you upload your texture on that new Peach's Castle please ?!

Milun

Smash Ace
Thanks for those videos Steelia! They pretty much confirm the stages you played won't crash...

But, did you use the new version of Big Blue? (It was in the rar called 'BigBlue2-ElectricBoogaloo'). If so, then the lines are STILL there, and I am disappointed with myself.

And with Kraid... I dunno if that's my fault or not. I have the stage on DVD, and I just forgot to test it. I'll get back to ya.

Milun

Smash Ace
Ok kiddies. I checked, and the new version of Big Blue is line free. Also, there's nothing wrong with Brinstar Depths. I think you just had a bit of bad luck there Steelia.

crush

Smash Master
would it be possible to make a neutral (tournament legal sort of) stage out of icicle mountain? like if you could make it so the stage doesnt go up or down and it only has one main platform and some platforms above it?

Milun

Smash Ace
I tried, believe me I did. Nooooooooooooo Edges! Nooooooooo Camera action (it's a fixed camera the whole time).

Sorry guys, but Icicle Mountain is on my "Un-hackable" list, along with FlatZone, and Hyrule Temple (mainly because I couldn't get rid of certain parts of the stage).

I guess what I meant by "open to ideas" was for people to design a new hack for MK1 (it's the only stage I can make things from scratch on).

Milun

Smash Ace
I would if I could. Unfortunately, MK1 has a limit of two fallthroughplatforms. This one has 4.

Milun

Smash Ace
(Sorry for sounding pessimistic) But then it'd just be another Pokemon Stadium (or my Green Greens hack).

I dunno, sorry I've been rejecting your ideas. I'm just in the mood to create a more weird stage than most people are used to.

Milun

Smash Ace
Hm... well I'd link you to this first of all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PVs1hmjew

But since you probably don't want to listen to me drone on for so long, I'll give you the run-down:
I have a limit of:

3 Left hand edges
3 Right hand edges
4 Positive floor angles
20+ Negative floor angles
2 Straight walkthrough platforms
0 Ceilings (a ceiling is like the underside of the main platform of Great Bay)
20+ Walls

And in terms of modeling, that too is limited greatly (MK1 isn't particularly advanced).

The reason I work with MK, is because it's the only stage with models that can be changed so freely (at the moment), and also because the blocks that it has are quite good for building parts of stages.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm.

My bros and I were playing on that Jungle Japes stage (or is it Kongo Jungle? the one with the running water that made it into Bawrl). We were wondering, would it be possible to... I guess, bridge the gaps in the stage? I dunno if you can do anything with those random steps in the background connecting those gaps, but it'd be pretty cool to close it that way. Of course, this coming from someone ignorant to all those hackings. o:

And Onett. Don't know what to say about it, just........ Onett. I see that one having some potential someway, somehow. :}D

Milun

Smash Ace
: (

Come on guys, what's wrong with Japes the way it is?

And Onett is something I've worked with before, and I'll say there's really nothing I can do about this one. It has no edges, and a floor.

Top Bottom