• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any work being done on stage hacking?

Milun

Smash Ace
Yours truly; Moi. Took a while to research these things (by the way I'll try to make a video tutorial on the matter soon) but there you have it.

If you want, I've made a bit of a documentation of the process here:

http://meleestages.webfreehosting.net/melee.html

...Which reminds me, I gotta update that.

Always nice to see more people interested in the topic.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Hey Milun, I'm not sure if you're aware so I'll post here.

On the new Mushroom Kingdom, I stumbled on a pretty magnificent glitch.
Steps.
1. Pick Ganon (I tried with others but no luck)
2. Go to center of the stage.
3. Stomp (dair) so your legs go through stage as much as possible
4. Instant Black Hole Glitch

no seriously try it it's pretty amazing. Ganon is stuck in the dair motion till he gets hit.
It was pretty ridiculous. Easy to replicate. Hopefully there is a way to fix it.

I tried hitting through the stage with Marth but it didn't happen. Dunno.

also as much as I adore new Green Greens, Whispy acts so inconsistent. Is it just my copy or does everyone's do this? Because this dude will sometimes NEVER move, and sometimes he blows wind and shoots out apples the whole match. It's so wack.
And there are blocks or something that can be hit in the middle of the stage but it doesn't do what the Mush Kingdom one does.

<3

Milun

Smash Ace
...Hm. Wasn't aware of the Mushroom Kingdom thing, but I can safely say that with Green Greens, yes you do have the wrong copy. The one I posted earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmdiQXvpyTo
lacks the glitchy blocks. In regards to Whispy Woods, due to a glitch of unknown 'how the hell did that happen', apparently, in your version there's an invisible block near the center. if you strike it, Whispy does nothing, if you leave it, he does. Yeh... probably better if you get the new one.

And with MK... sorry bout that. I should really get out a new copy, because there's also a glitch involving Captain Falcon insta-walljumping from the left edge. I just never test stages with those two, which is probably why glitches like that elude me. At least Porygon is fine.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
no need to apologize to be honest the Ganon dair one is amazing

if you get someone inside it they get to 999 damage in like a second lol :D

and I feel like I downloaded Green Greens from there... Hmm... I'll test it today and get back to you.

I'm happy to be a tester, since I can't really contribute much else around here.

Milun

Smash Ace
Well, I know what the problem is actually. See, when hacking MK, I had (and still have) no idea how to remove the collisions of the breakable blocks. Ergo, if you attack them, they still break. The solution was to move the collision bubbles inside the stage, where I thought no-one could get to them. I guess I placed them too high up. If I get around to re-releasing the stage, I'll just move the blocks down a bit and problem solved.

EDIT: Ok, I tried it out. YUP I see what you mean. At least it is fixable.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yeah Cap Fal can do it too as I just found out.

Green Greens has a little block you can hit like that in the center of the stage, but it doesn't freak out when it happens unlike at Mushroom.

I just tested the new Green Greens and it acts the same, with Whispy being random and with the block in the center still. Not that it's game breaking or anything (in fact we kind of like the apples whispy throws out, lol)

hectohertz

Smash Ace
@milun: i've started looking over your website, its really cool, a little hard to follow. definitely excited for that video/new guide

Milun

Smash Ace
...Well, for mute city, I can say a definite no. Reason being that if there are no edges on the stage in the first place, and you can only use what you have (so far).

And with Peaches Castle, yes you can. I'll explain how in a future tutorial, so stay tuned.

Milun

Smash Ace
Aw thanks. I'll try my best to get the next part done, it's just that, given household circumstances, I can only record during weekdays at best.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
it would be cool if we were able to play this through a loader or something, without a monster computer and a dvd+r.

Milun

Smash Ace
...You mean Melee hacks right? Well... I do believe you can. I've heard it mentioned numerous times. Check out nifantic on Youtube, he has a tutorial for it I believe.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
...You mean Melee hacks right? Well... I do believe you can. I've heard it mentioned numerous times. Check out nifantic on Youtube, he has a tutorial for it I believe.
Milun you are awesome. I look forward to part 2

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
This looks pretty promising.

Now all we need is a stage roster expansion code like there is for Brawl, and a way to port stages over other ones - unless of course there are no module issues like there are in Brawl.

Oh, and I need to mod my GC. Been procrastinating on that.

Milun

Smash Ace
...Yep, we really, REALLY need a way to replace/add stages (because I want all my MK hacks at the same time etc.)

Just a little preview, I managed to create a hex paste... thingy that snaps things around the origin (makes hacking a LOT easier).

To save the obvious, yes that is a triangle.

EDIT: A preview of the example stage:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Hey Milun I found another little glitch, I believe. If you try to dropzone / run off the stage on new Green Greens, you apparently always fast fall? It's kind of strange. Give it a test and see what you make of it.

Just trying to pitch in where I can, and this came up today during play. We used the left side of the stage for this.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Hey Milun I found another little glitch, I believe. If you try to dropzone / run off the stage on new Green Greens, you apparently always fast fall? It's kind of strange. Give it a test and see what you make of it.

Just trying to pitch in where I can, and this came up today during play. We used the left side of the stage for this.
It's not a glitch in the hack, you get "sucked down" on the normal stage too

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Really? Is it only on the left side normally like on mine?

Well, in case he feels like fixing it (if possible) I just wanted him to know. One of the people I played with is mad cause he can't dropzone off that side. :p

Milun

Smash Ace
Hm... Look, I'll be frankly honest: I'm pretty much out of the business now. Retired if you may. Maybe if I have some free time in two weeks I'll take a stab at it, but I'm making no guarantees.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Milun your amazing,
any resources/tutorials/writeups/stuff you could share would help anyone who's trying to fill the void.
if you got em.

either way, you rule

Milun

Smash Ace
Well... everythings on my YouTube. Best be quick, cos MediaFire has a tendency to delete my things.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Milun! You're the only one who knows anything about stage hacking! I'd do it myself but I have no experience working with blender or model editing. Changing the X value for those two vertices shouldn't be too hard, right? As long as the wall is perfectly flat, characters shouldn't slide anywhere and just 'run into it', right?

Milun

Smash Ace
Yes they should. I'll give it a looksee later today.

And to the Peaches Castle guy: I can remove the middle, but it'll look REALLY bad on the model. I'll get back to you with that.

crush

Smash Master
Yes they should. I'll give it a looksee later today.

And to the Peaches Castle guy: I can remove the middle, but it'll look REALLY bad on the model. I'll get back to you with that.
okay thanks! i dont really care if it looks bad i just want another neutral stage to play on

Top Bottom