• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is spamming such a crime?

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
some online battles, very skillfull people complain about spammin when u battle, this is the first fighting game i've ever heard ppl talk about repeating a move as a crime, its basically pplz technique, so ppl LOVE to side step then down smash, isnt that spamming?, if i play with ness, tk fire is my best friend cuz it immobalizes the enemy, arnt i jsut trying to insure victory, and ppl common its smash brothers, we dont let the enemy come back on the stage at all cost, cause we trying to insure our victory, truthfully most ppl that complain about spamming only becuase they are weak to the technique, lot of down smashers cant stand the tk fire lol, if spammin was a crime, nintendo would of did what mortal kombat did, immobalize the moves after a certain hits in the combo, common, its all out style of fighting, yes it is irritating especially when you cant figure out the strategy but thats the fun in it, figuring out how to defeat teh enemies style of fighting...there are alot of technique to go around spammers, and anyone have any theories can put them up.

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
Projectile spamming and camping with it is the problem.

Playing offensively and spamming the same move is more tolerable

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Spamming is not just a crime but a smash felony.
That's why the police (Sakurai's team) initiated the stale move negation system.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Projectile spamming and camping with it is the problem.

Playing offensively and spamming the same move is more tolerable
I'd say the opposite.

Projectile spam + camping = good zoning technique.
Spamming the same move over and over again = noob style of play that only works on noobs.

You're a noob if you complain about either.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Running is not just a crime but a smash felony.
That's why the police (Sakurai's team) initiated tripping.
Sorry, I couldn't resist:laugh:.
I agree with your original post though, that's why stale moves was made.
Spamming projectiles and moves such as Thunder, Eruption, Final Cutter is the main problem.

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
i was just playing someone not too long ago, he got his skills down il admit, but as soon as he start losing, or i start understanding his strategy, cuz he down side step alot, and ike three hit combo longers long enough to hit him after, he start accusing spam, that piss me off, its like nobody cant stand to lose or its imposible...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Only on Wifi, where its difficult to counter stupid stuff.
I really don't care if its offline.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
If spamming is bad then:

Wolf has no Bair Wall
DDD can't throw waddles or bair wall.
Falco can't laser

And how does Eruption spam affect the game btw?

Broken character means too unbalanced. To nearly everyone, MK is probably the most broken character.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I dont think you can say spamming is a crime. Any strategy that you persue that gets you the victory is legit, no matter how its done. I personally used to love spamming in my melee days but ever sinced i started to play competetively, found that spamming wasnt really a useful tactic. Thus, now i hate spamming, but dont mind if ppl use it against me.

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
exactly, thanks man, its just a means, yes it is irritating, but i wont go far to say its wrong...if the move effective why should i stop doing it because i used it allready some times..

Stroupes

Smash Lord
I say that the only kind of bad spamming is the kind that limits your movement, Wolf's B, Dedede's Side B, etc.

Things like Fox's B, which do nothing to while you're moving, is fine with me.

Still, overall, I find it scrubby.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥If spamming is a crime, then you'd get the death penalty for choosing Snake. Don't get me started on Mr. Metaknight! ;)

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I say that the only kind of bad spamming is the kind that limits your movement, Wolf's B, Dedede's Side B, etc.

Things like Fox's B, which do nothing to while you're moving, is fine with me.

Still, overall, I find it scrubby.

Isn't that everything else? lol

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If spamming is bad then:

Wolf has no Bair Wall
DDD can't throw waddles or bair wall.
Falco can't laser

And how does Eruption spam affect the game btw?

Broken character means too unbalanced. To nearly everyone, MK is probably the most broken character.
I hate fighting Ike's who just walk/jump around holding B in the hope of getting a KO.

arwnightmare

Smash Cadet
never met a ike like that, when i play with ike, i forget abuot the b botton lol. ike is about 80 a botton attacks for me

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
Ok, he's complaining when you spam. If you're saying that's wrong, remember that you can NEVER complain about someone spamming the same move against you ever again. PK is freaking annoying when spammed. Ye,s it;s a legitimate strategy, but don't complain that people get annoyed at it. Because it's actually REALLY ANNOYING.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
To me spamming isn't a crime, but it just ends up sucking the fun out of the gameplay.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I first played this game to face someone in combat, not chase after someone who does nothing but shoots infinite projectiles.

To me, its just bad sportsmanship overall. But there's really nothing you can do about it but either deal with it or unplug their controller and pound the snot outta them

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Spamming is using the same move over and over again in the attempt to win.
Most people aren't bad enough to be spammed to their death, but there are those handful of noobs that do and complain about it.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Try having a non-competitive wifi battle

With lag
On Spear Pillar

You are Ike
Vs
A campy Pit that will run to the next level (upper/lower part of the stage) if you get too close

He has control of items so he turns on all reflectable items

Then tell me how bad it is

It's not the issue of avoiding the opponent, but having pity on how people go on great lengths just to go win a battle. So what if they won a battle, they lost a rival cause I'm sure as hell not going to battle that person again.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Only on Wifi, where its difficult to counter stupid stuff.
I really don't care if its offline.
This man knows what's up.

To me spamming isn't a crime, but it just ends up sucking the fun out of the gameplay.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I first played this game to face someone in combat, not chase after someone who does nothing but shoots infinite projectiles.

To me, its just bad sportsmanship overall. But there's really nothing you can do about it but either deal with it or unplug their controller and pound the snot outta them
If spamming in the way that people think "spamming" works, (other than the rare occasion that it does actually work in certain matchups, but these are quite rare), then something is wrong with the johner's playstyle.
....you should be happy when people spam. They become retardedly predictable. It should be an insta-win.

Anyways, do whatever you can to win within the ruleset.

also:
This man knows what's up.
Try having a non-competitive wifi battle

With lag
On Spear Pillar

You are Ike
Vs
A campy Pit that will run to the next level (upper/lower part of the stage) if you get too close

He has control of items so he turns on all reflectable items

Then tell me how bad it is

It's not the issue of avoiding the opponent, but having pity on how people go on great lengths just to go win a battle. So what if they won a battle, they lost a rival cause I'm sure as hell not going to battle that person again.
Stalling is banned for a reason, and come to think of it, so is Spear Pillar...and items.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
In a tournament when your moneys on the line, NO not a crime to spam. Do anything to to win no matter how cheap people call you. Heck it angers them which only helps you more.

In a friendly match with good mates? NO not a crime.
But most likely they'll stop playing from sheer frustration >_<

Spamming is alright. thats why move stale/decay was introduced. (Y)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Its not a crime, its just considered noobish or scrubbish which isn't what people want to be. But hey, if its winning you matches, keep at that one button XD

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
Spamming is fine. I have a friend who plays a really campy Zelda, and I beat him with Captain Falcon. Their "run away, spam projectiles and smashes at you" is a little tricky to figure out, but once you got it down, you know exactly what they;re gonna do, and they have absolutely no idea how to adjust to your playstyle. So no johns about spamming, people should just take it in stride. the end result is what matters anyhow, neh?

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
Step 1: contract an index finger.

Step 2: watch as your character shields the incoming attack.

Step 3: ????

Step 4: PROFIT!!!!

EXCEPTIONS:

Whornado ***** shields.

When the Wi-Fi button lag is longer than the time you have to react to the incoming attack.

[/thread]

Top Bottom