• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is he reaaaaally that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBM

Smash Ace
I love playing as captain falcon... His U-air is good, his down tilt takes up half the stage, and his hyphen smash is rather painful.

Is it really right to say he's worse than Link and Pokemon Trainer?

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Yes, coming from a Ganon player, and one with some experience at the game. Just about everybody kicks the crap out of CF.

KBM

Smash Ace
ah, see, "just about" is the key. im not saying he's anything above low-tier, i just don't think he's the WORST.

Captain Falcon can beat link and pokemon trainer. probably mario too.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Correction, CF can beat Link Off-stage.
On the stage, Link will wtf pwn falcon with superior Range and projectiles.

Falcon beats Mario?
Srsly?
Mario is pretty rounded though....so how the hell...

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's where you're wrong. You're thinking of matchups, which is a totally different thing from tier placement. Y'see, CF has the largest number of bad matchups and the worst matchups in the game. He does have one or two favorable or neutral matchups, but not nearly as many as any other character in the game. And his stats suck. I'm not a CF main or an expert by any means, so I'll leave the stats to other people.

P.S. No. Link, Mario, and Pokemon Trainer all pretty much own CF.

M.J.B

Smash Cadet
Yeah I suggest if anyone likes CF to get even someone who has at least 5 good matchups(not sure if he even has 1) so yeah... :/

CDCP

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon might beat Link/PT.
But no matter how you look at it, he still has more bad matchups than either of them.
No character loses every matchup, so you compare the amount of good to bad.

Roager

Smash Ace
Threads like this need to die. Nothing anyone can say here is going to change anyone else's opinion. Falcon haters, go back to your respective boards. Falcon mains, find something better to talk about.

/thread (i hope...)

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
falcon sucks. its the horrible reality, however, i can see him aboev ganon and possibily jiggs and link in the future.
I can't. Falcon has absolutely no strategies going for him other than either "Oops you can't hit me" or "Ahm gunna knee yahz". Ganon has tech chasing, power, the dair, and is quite heavy. Jiggs has the WoP and rollout. And Link can projectile sheild and own you with AC'd aerials to smashes.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
my friend plays falcon for jokes and he's not bad at all. i usually win but its not that bad, he's just a good player

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
falcon sucks. he's good if you aren't being serious, but you aren't going to win a tournament with just Falcon.

....just play melee so you can win because of skill and not because of matchups

Zielmann

Smash Cadet
When we first got the game and played C. Falcon, we very quickly deemed him as "captain suck". After messing around with him a few times, I thought maybe he wasn't so bad after all. Then I played more with other characters. Let's just say we still call him Captain Suck.

Roager

Smash Ace
I can't. Falcon has absolutely no strategies going for him other than either "Oops you can't hit me" or "Ahm gunna knee yahz". Ganon has tech chasing, power, the dair, and is quite heavy. Jiggs has the WoP and rollout. And Link can projectile sheild and own you with AC'd aerials to smashes.
actually, Falcon tech chases almost as well as Ganon does, has a better recovery, and far superior mobility. Dair spike may not be as beastly as Ganon's, but its not bad (and dair launch is very strong), and he doesn't have to die to score kills with side-b.

but more importantly, whether you agree with me or not, please, everyone, stop posting. Let this die.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
When we first got the game and played C. Falcon, we very quickly deemed him as "captain suck". After messing around with him a few times, I thought maybe he wasn't so bad after all. Then I played more with other characters. Let's just say we still call him Captain Suck.
That made me laugh BUT ima upload some videos of me owning with the cap. I killed this Dedede with captain and he wasnt a noob so i dont wanna hear he must of been a noob or something. I just played really strategically and selective so the match took a little longer than an all out Snake beat down match. soon they will be up.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
God **** it! I'm about to srsly kill myself! Of the entire DECADE that this series has been around, I finally choose to use my fav character and he's dead fvcking bottom! Not Low, not even low-low but he's rock freak'n bottom of this tourney ****hole of a game. Why the FVCK now?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS SOOOO GAY! What are the chances? Fvck you, Sakurai. Fvck your bias. Fvck you, tourneytards. Fvck you idiot programmers who cannot even pull off simple mathematics in balancing a game. Fvck you, Metakight. Fvck Snake and fvck every mistake that Brawl has taken. ITS SO **** FRUSTRATING AND I CAN'T TAKE THE HATE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__V

Smash Journeyman
He's totally underrated. Sonic has even less priority, but he's "better" because so many people play him.

Roager

Smash Ace
He's totally underrated. Sonic has even less priority, but he's "better" because so many people play him.
Actually, no, Sonic is "better" because he has a very long vertical recovery. That, and he runs faster.

And, yeah, partly cuz nobody uses Falcon. Tier lists are (partly) based on tourney standings, after all.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Actually, no, Sonic is "better" because he has a very long vertical recovery. That, and he runs faster.

And, yeah, partly cuz nobody uses Falcon. Tier lists are (partly) based on tourney standings, after all.
But do tourney standings actually make a character better? Let's say that there was a man living on an island who has no contact with the world and plays smash. The Brawl world tourney is held and someone wins using that same character that the castaway plays with. The castaway is not going to see a sudden improvement in his character.

Sonic can win all the tournaments he wants but it won't give him more range or priority, if you know what I mean....

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Captain Falcon can beat link and pokemon trainer. probably mario too.
Vs Link might be even due to his horrible recovery, but I doubt it since Link has more options available. PT, he only has a chance against Ivysaur and MAYBE Charizard. Vs Ivysaur could be even, but I dunno. He will get murdered by Squirtle.

Mario has the advantage on CF for sure. Mario has all the tools he needs to gimp Falcon's recovery with Cape, FLUDD, N-air, etc. Fireballs are a chore for Falcon to work around, and Up-B out of shield will stop anything short of a Dash grab. Mario also has better combos on Falcon, better air control, and safer kill moves.

And as for Sonic, the reason why he's better than Falcon is because he's better at punishing and slightly better at edgeguarding. And significantly better at recovering.

The best part about Falcon is that he's a great character for ditto matches because there is nothing lame about him.

Ganon vs Falcon IMO is even.

Roager

Smash Ace
But do tourney standings actually make a character better? Let's say that there was a man living on an island who has no contact with the world and plays smash. The Brawl world tourney is held and someone wins using that same character that the castaway plays with. The castaway is not going to see a sudden improvement in his character.

Sonic can win all the tournaments he wants but it won't give him more range or priority, if you know what I mean....
That's why I said "better" with quotes. The tier list is partly based on tournament standings, and falcon's lack of players (thus, lack of wins) keeps him lower than some of us may think he belongs. I think it's stupid to have the tier list based on wins, but I don't make it.

Charoo

Smash Champion
how did I know that this was going to bring me into Falcon's board when I click on it

sigh

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I don't think Ganondorf vs. Falcon is even. Falcon likes to take the fight in the air, but Ganondorf has loads of ways to get him to the ground quickly where he likes it and keep himself there. And then Ganondorf vs. Falcon on the ground...Falcon gets the **** kicked out of him.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't like Captain Falcon. It's just that Ganondorf is just way better than him in this game.

D

Deleted member

Neither Ganondorf or Captain Falcon are too great. The main problem with the two is their total lack of priority and range. If you can actually hit your opponent whilst playing as them, you're halfway there.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
lol last time I was here these were actly normal boardz.

I dunno s*** about falcon BUT i know HE COULDNT POSSIBLY TAKE DONW LUIGI EVA!

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Hey hey hey...didn't we have a thread just like this a little bit ago?

Falcon doesn't really suck since you can win if you are very very careful and play very smart since I still doubt that alot of people know how to deal with falcon.

Oh...and it doesn't hurt if your have mental powers to pull out their controller during the match so you can then deliver the **** that is coming to MK...>_>

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
lol at people thinking pt gets ***** by falcon. zard can grab everything falcon does, and has good approaches against falcon's priority and range. ivysaur has a projectile to force the approach, and then outrange and outspace you. squirtle is just a mobile demon that will make it very difficult to land an attack.

one of the matchups may be close to neutral, but the other two are in pt's favor.

i feel bad for falcon though. he's so cool and fun...

Zielmann

Smash Cadet
One thing I did notice early with falcon, was that the knee is very different than in melee. It's not easy to hit with, if you're used to melee's falcon. Sure, it's just a matter of re-learning the timing for it, but look at zelda. Her lightning kick doesn't have the same timing, but it seems so easy to hit with (I had trouble landing them in melee, but I didn't play zelda much).

And the tier list might as well be created through a comprehensive 1v1 tournament, where you have all the characters fight each other as level one computers. That list would be just as useful as any other tier list you could make...

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
One thing I did notice early with falcon, was that the knee is very different than in melee. It's not easy to hit with, if you're used to melee's falcon. Sure, it's just a matter of re-learning the timing for it, but look at zelda. Her lightning kick doesn't have the same timing, but it seems so easy to hit with (I had trouble landing them in melee, but I didn't play zelda much).

And the tier list might as well be created through a comprehensive 1v1 tournament, where you have all the characters fight each other as level one computers. That list would be just as useful as any other tier list you could make...
Wait. What about a tier list and lvl 1s????

Tenki

Smash Hero
Correction, CF can beat Link Off-stage.
Oh man, I was playing friendlies with someone on wifi the other day, Falcon vs Link - I sent him into the wall under FD with Falcon Dive, then when he double jumped and used up-B again, I used another one to send him away from the stage. Then as he was falling downwards, I spiked him with Raptor Boost.

All of this was done under the edge, midrange off the stage lol. It was pretty cool. :laugh:

sadly falcon is owned by everyone
Matchup-speaking, I think he miiiight have a neutral on Sonic.

Hey, you know, Sonic technically has disadvantage/neutral to everyone, but that doesn't stop us from being superior players and beating people with our mindgames and mobility lol.

lol @ someone who doesn't know how to play barlw Falcon. "yah all i wnz 2 do is knee!!'

..no.

Jabs are cool.

But anyway, I saw this one Falcon player online and it's hilarious.
D-throw > bait airdodge > Running Pivot Grab > D-throw > U-air.

Ally reads too well lmao.

Yeah, at most tournaments that I hear about, there's only one Sonic main at the tourney, and in some places where you'd have a popular Sonic main, you might have 3-4, but that's only in a really large tourney lol.

Pretty popular.

Right.

...with casuals, probably.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Matchup-speaking, I think he miiiight have a neutral on Sonic.

Hey, you know, Sonic technically has disadvantage/neutral to everyone, but that doesn't stop us from being superior players and beating people with our mindgames and mobility lol.
Sonic is cool. I think he's a fair player at least...

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
If more people would suck it up and play like a man Falcon would then have a chance...

someone should make a thread about who is manlier? Ike or CF... its almost immposible NOT to get a flashy ko with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom