• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Smashers - Looking for some fresh new face?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah. ok then. smashfest again at my place everyone?
melee and brawl. and whatever u want to bring.
yeah we should order food next time.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
probably same time starting at 2:30-3:00 and ends whenever.

anyone going to quizno's on saturday for doubles?

JDM

Smash Champion
I'm down for Friday for me. I can help you train for Quiznos with my gay MK.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
unfortunately, i dont think i can make quiznos anymore j4pu :[

its my friends birthday on saturday and i really doubt i can make it back to irvine by sunday. if anything i'll call you (if you can pm me your number)

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
bumped for smashfest tomorrow.
there is a tourny in the 818 tomorrow.
anyone going?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
hey irvine go to connor's house tomorrow to play melee

me + dc money + connor + sniper will be there

if you play brawl don't come

my PSA is now over

J4pu

Smash Champion
hey irvine go to connor's house tomorrow to play melee

me + dc money + connor + sniper will be there

if you play brawl don't come

my PSA is now over
what if you play brawl and melee
I don't, i just thought i would point out you missed some people
discrimination within the smash community, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside
I don't see why melee people must bash brawl people, I agree melee is a better game, but why bother repeatedly insulting brawl?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no one insulted it, it's just that there will be no tvs assigned to brawl and therefore no room for brawl, so unless you play melee it's pointless to come?

why do brawlers always try to make something out of nothing..

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah sounds really good except i have no way getting there. plus i am really broke atm.

i have no idea why either...
i'm not like brawl ppl tho. i started the last year of melee's prime but still need much to learn. i have bad habits.

3vil

Smash Rookie
K cornb33f, I should be able to make it for an hour and I can bring another smash friend if its cool. I'll stop by at 2:30pm

J4pu

Smash Champion
Alright for anybody who is riding with me to quizno's tomorrow, I'm gunna try and head out at about 9:30, so you gotta let me know where you live/where you will be so I can pick you up, and be ready by about 9:30
pm me the info and a cell # please, or you can post it here if you want.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
there gunna be a smashfest this friday Rei?
probably not. i have only one setup and lost my second tv now. not worth it. no one brings them.

i probably will want to sleep all this halloween cause i have a 2 day midterm and a lab.

i am searching a way to get back to palmdale.

but we have to go to UCLA.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest

J4pu

Smash Champion
Sorry melee players and other people wanting to go to UCLA, unless the PnT tourney gets postponed/canceled I'm going to that one.
better chances of doing well.
I'm sure somebody else must have a car if you want to go to UCLA.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Ardes, i feel bad about not taking you to the last quiznos since i thought my car was full and then everybody drops out like the day before
if you can get to over here so that i dont have to drive to your house you can have first priority for next quiznos, if you don't mind sleeping on the couch you can sleep here the night before if you can't get a ride over here in the morning i guess.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Ardes, i feel bad about not taking you to the last quiznos since i thought my car was full and then everybody drops out like the day before
if you can get to over here so that i dont have to drive to your house you can have first priority for next quiznos, if you don't mind sleeping on the couch you can sleep here the night before if you can't get a ride over here in the morning i guess.
No hard feelings because I didn't go to the last Quiznos :laugh:
But yeah, I've cleared my plans to go to the next one; driving to your place is no problem for me since I've got my own car.

JDM

Smash Champion
Sorry melee players and other people wanting to go to UCLA, unless the PnT tourney gets postponed/canceled I'm going to that one.
better chances of doing well.
I'm sure somebody else must have a car if you want to go to UCLA.
There will alot more PnT tournies in the future I can gurantee that but UCLA is only like once a year and its, what Rei said, "infinitly times better." And I would rather play with some of the best in SoCal than beating up little kids for store credit.

J4pu

Smash Champion
There will alot more PnT tournies in the future I can gurantee that but UCLA is only like once a year and its, what Rei said, "infinitly times better." And I would rather play with some of the best in SoCal than beating up little kids for store credit.
Find a ride to UCLA then
The only person I can see it making any sense to go to UCLA for is Zhu, everybody else is basically wasting their money, sorry but i think logically about these things not as "omg a lot of people are gunna be there, I should go too."
If the PnT does in fact reschedule or cancel I will go to UCLA instead because I like smash competitions but I would prefer to go to a smash competition where I stand a chance than one where I don't.
be realistic people.

EDIT- apologies for sounding like a jerk throughout most of this post.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it would make sense for everyone go to UCLA if your no. 1 priority is getting better... by the end of the day you will feel how dramatically better you got

Top Bottom