• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Smashers - Looking for some fresh new face?

J4pu

Smash Champion
Normally I'll be giving rides to nearby tournaments (I would have at least 2 seats open) but I have midterms on monday tuesday and wednesday... so I have to pass on going to Race's
I should be going to Quiznos Presents Brawl IV the weekend after this one though, so if you can pitch in like $2 for gas and want to go, it's first ask first served

as for friday i could play some on Friday.

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
AND DONT FORGET...I HAVE TO BE THERE TO RECORD SOME ****!!!!!!!!!!!! IN FACT I HAVE SOME NEW BRAWL MATCHES...*No one cares about brawl anyways so why am I telling everyone about this? oh well here the link to my youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/jays0nn* and i'm also down for some melee or brawl this friday

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget also, "I HAVE TO BE THERE TO RECORD ARDES FAILING AT MELEE"
I'm seriously starting from scratch. Sure the basics of Melee are there, but when I say basic, I mean VERY basic. D:

But yeah, estimated time on Friday?

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget also, "I HAVE TO BE THERE TO RECORD ARDES FAILING AT MELEE"
I'm seriously starting from scratch. Sure the basics of Melee are there, but when I say basic, I mean VERY basic. D:

But yeah, estimated time on Friday?
dont worry ArdeS..I'm good as you are so dont worry about everyone ****** you...i suck in melee as well so yea lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it seems a lot of ppl are interested. =]
i am free starting around 2:30 it could go on until whenever basically.
bring setups please. i only have one setup and an extra tv.
jays0nnn: could you bring GG and a memory card. i have a ps2 and i suppose this extra tv. lol.
i could ask my roommates for there tvs but i really doubt they would want to.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
Normally I'll be giving rides to nearby tournaments (I would have at least 2 seats open) but I have midterms on monday tuesday and wednesday... so I have to pass on going to Race's
I should be going to Quiznos Presents Brawl IV the weekend after this one though, so if you can pitch in like $2 for gas and want to go, it's first ask first served

as for friday i could play some on Friday.
i think ill be down for the quiznos thing, havent been to many other brawl tournaments except for the uci ones.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Cornbeef u live in irvine right? Zhu u going to this?
yeah i live in irvine. i'm not sure on zhu, he lives a few blocks down. i hope so, i'll aim him when i get home. :)

Mind if i bring 3s and KOF XI as well the only gg i got is the accent core ver...and i'll bring NGBC as well
sure anyone can bring whatever they want just as long as we have enough setups. :)

i'm in for next quizno's.

btw to everyone i'm Rei. lol. not cornbeef thats just a joke. :laugh:

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
brian will you enter the melee side tournament going on at race's too?

if kouryuu doesn't team with me let's team

J4pu

Smash Champion
OK that's 2 seats filled for quiznos, I may have 1 or 2, more if anybody else is interested.
depends on if the other 2 people I''ve already offered it to are coming

J4pu

Smash Champion
It's possible if one of the other 2 guys (they arent on these forums) drops out.
I have 5 seats total, so me, rei, brian, 2 other guys (maybes)
I'll let you know sometime next week most likely since I doubt they will tell me for sure until then.
There's a decent chance at least one of them will change their mind but i dont know for sure.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i think zhu wanted to team with me at quiznos so he might be interested in going, i just dont know if he saw this yet.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I actually offered a ride to Zhu multiple times before i asked here, he didnt sound very interested
Oh and sorry people but I'm only going on the 2nd day of Quiznos (Sunday the singles day), I can't spend my whole weekend playing Smash.
Zhu specifically told me that he doesn't "want to waste a whole day to play brawl"

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
brawl doubles is different though, but yeah if you're gonna just go sunday i'm not sure if he wants to do that.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I have a friend willing to bring a wii + brawl but he doesnt have a tv to bring, so he wants to know if there is any point (is there an available tv without a setup)

i told him to post this himself...

3vil

Smash Rookie
its at my place starting around 2:30 till whenever. pm for details.

yeah i agree brawl doubles > brawl singles. i find them more fun.
If there's Brawl going on, then I'd be game. Is it anywhere near UCI? I can PM if thats better though.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
so this is still happening right? ima drop by around 3ish.. just to be clear, we are playing melee right?

J4pu

Smash Champion
why would we turn this into a contest of who is going to get more people? just everybody go to one place *cough* Rei's *cough*
I hope you were joking aznforce

3vil

Smash Rookie
Gah! Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Had some work to get done and wasn't able to finish in time -_- next time for sure I'll be there!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
It's possible if one of the other 2 guys (they arent on these forums) drops out.
I have 5 seats total, so me, rei, brian, 2 other guys (maybes)
I'll let you know sometime next week most likely since I doubt they will tell me for sure until then.
There's a decent chance at least one of them will change their mind but i dont know for sure.
ok. i wanna take a setup on sunday. so is there enough space for it?

smashfest this friday? melee and brawl.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't make it on Friday since I'm going to Quizno's on Sunday (and only Sunday); but if I'm available on Friday I'll try to make it to a smashfest.

Top Bottom