• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Well I was going to go to Des Moines because I have a doctor's appointment in Ankeny at 3:30.... but I guess I could go to Ames afterwards. Schism could u get the Des Moines folk?

§chizm

Smash Lord
Well I was going to go to Des Moines because I have a doctor's appointment in Ankeny at 3:30.... but I guess I could go to Ames afterwards. Schism could u get the Des Moines folk?
Yeah I can take people, I'm assuming Love, Kudo, and Joker are the only others going?
What time are you going to be up there Jake?

Are we going to need any extra setups or anything?

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Also if we knew when Jake was done with his appointment, then me and you could just stay at DMACC till he gets done and ride with him if he is letting us hitch a ride and go back home with Skykim as he drops you off at your car at DMACC and we all go home.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yes!!

I saw that on the list and asked someone if you guys still did it and they told me it was a one-time only thing. I was sad.
Well is one of those games that if there's space we play it kinda like last monthly there wasn't that many people present so we could have played some SC ^.^
But anyways if people bring an extra laptop with a mouse(and SC of course) cause is a pain otherwise >.<
we can probably find a spot to play on.

It seems like alot of you want to go. If you want to all pitch in on it, you guys should look into renting a van perhaps? That might be your best bet. Or maybe hitching rides with some St Louis guys.
I don't know but I'm pretty sure Razor could borrow his parents van if he wanted too, but Razor just feels better driving his car which I understand, also Andy may be able to drive if he decides to go >.0

Yoker would that version of SC you have be the "Good" version or the "Haxxord" version?
I will have to say the good one since all I do is play those big @$$ money maps on BattleNet and story mode.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
You're all invited to my place tomorrow. Any time after 5 should work. If someone wants to bring a second brawl setup we'll be in good shape. I have blazblue on xbox if anyone wants to come for that.

§chizm

Smash Lord
You're all invited to my place tomorrow. Any time after 5 should work. If someone wants to bring a second brawl setup we'll be in good shape. I have blazblue on xbox if anyone wants to come for that.
I'll bring my 360 Stick then.
I still haven't gotten the time to play you online. :ohwell:

Kudou I have no clue when we'd be leaving. Probably whenever Andy wants us to haha.
Greg it would probably just be easier to pick you both up at your house or Joker's or something. Otherwise Jake and I would pretty much both have to make extra trips.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I'll bring my 360 Stick then.
I still haven't gotten the time to play you online. :ohwell:

Kudou I have no clue when we'd be leaving. Probably whenever Andy wants us to haha.
Greg it would probably just be easier to pick you both up at your house or Joker's or something. Otherwise Jake and I would pretty much both have to make extra trips.
Sounds good. I just want to go up to Ames and play. What time you leaving tomorrow?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
joker there is a melee disc that was in your wii for melee crews and a purple memory card.

when i come back up i need to get that from you.
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!
oops I knew I was forgetting something but yeah its kool GameStop has it >.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL88a0jP6ZE

If you are any sort of decent human being you will watch this video.
That was too good I saw the original afterwords and just didn't sound good with out the FALCON PUNCH!!!!1!

By the way do we need to bring an extra TV to Andy's or are we good >.<

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I should get out of my doctor's appointment at around 4:00-4:30 and I'm gonna go straight to Ames.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
i would like my deck as well but it sucks ;_;
im thinkin of remakin it in a new way so ppl should bring all of their magic cards so i can borrow cards and stuff

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
good games last night to some ppl. all i got to say, is that fighting burrito place was awesome \(^o^)/. so im assumming that there r games sometime tonight/tomorrow?

grog

Smash Rookie
Hey guys thought I'd post in here that on November 14th at Allplay in Des Moines I will be holding a 4 game tournament. Main event games will be

-Street Fighter 4
-Smash Bros Brawl
-Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
-Street Fighter 3: Third strike 2v2 teams

I'm running Smash well one because it's very popular and two because I want to thank you guys for letting us run SF4 at Joker's events. It is in one of the big ballrooms at Allplay so there will be plenty of room, we even have a sound system set up so that we will be able to announce matches over a mic instead of having to yell for names, and there is a possibility of us getting a projector and if so we could do high profile matches on it and top 8's of each game. Of course anyone can run any side event they want (ie teams, TVC, BB etc) as long as it doesn't interfere too much with the main events (which I don't see how, and I would like to see more games honestly I just don't want to promise more than I can deliver).There will be no venue fee also as the tourney has a promotor called "Rising Sun Promotions" which is footing the venue bill and we are working on food deals also. Once I get every detail figured out I'll make a thread for it on SRK and copy it here too, it's looking to be big and I hope you guys show up.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Don't drop smash for Blaz.

Video games taken to a srs level. -_-

I'm up for stuff this weekend. Still need to pay Bone monies and stuff.

Uli

Smash Champion
Hey guys thought I'd post in here that on November 14th at Allplay in Des Moines I will be holding a 4 game tournament. Main event games will be

-Street Fighter 4
-Smash Bros Brawl
-Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
-Street Fighter 3: Third strike 2v2 teams

I'm running Smash well one because it's very popular and two because I want to thank you guys for letting us run SF4 at Joker's events. It is in one of the big ballrooms at Allplay so there will be plenty of room, we even have a sound system set up so that we will be able to announce matches over a mic instead of having to yell for names, and there is a possibility of us getting a projector and if so we could do high profile matches on it and top 8's of each game. Of course anyone can run any side event they want (ie teams, TVC, BB etc) as long as it doesn't interfere too much with the main events (which I don't see how, and I would like to see more games honestly I just don't want to promise more than I can deliver).There will be no venue fee also as the tourney has a promotor called "Rising Sun Promotions" which is footing the venue bill and we are working on food deals also. Once I get every detail figured out I'll make a thread for it on SRK and copy it here too, it's looking to be big and I hope you guys show up.
ooo, this looks neato :D

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
any1 up for games tomorrow? i was just talkin to MTKD im pretty sure that there r game sometime tomorrow. its labor day weekend so more fun and such \(^o^)/

Top Bottom