• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
joker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz62shfWe-g&feature=feedu#t=5m39s (watch till the end)

Your mexican blood, that's mixed with marvel fanboy-ism, should be having an orgasm after that.
Joe is such an awesome char in 12 he was part of my team and even though 13 go held back till November I'm kinda happy about it cause it gives me a bit more time to come out with some money to get it >.<

Also there's a tourney at Cedar Rapids for Mahvel anyone interested in going >.>
Greg

Kuares

Pizza
I was thinking of going over to Becca's apartment around 6:30-7 and staying til 8:30. All depends on what's posted between now and then.

Hopefully Nick doesn't drop out last second again.

Edit: I'm interest, not that I got in that spoiler tag.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
yarr, I can host games if someone brings another wii so we can have two functional set ups. I'll rearrange some stuff so the layout is slightly more practical, lol.

Um, I'm probably giving Dave a ride to work around 4:45, doing some shopping, and should be back around 5:45-6pm so anytime after that, anyone's free to show up. Not sure when he's getting off of work, but it's usually between 6-8 >.0

Also, bi-weekly's cancelled for this weekend. Not sure how many people coulda made it, but my mom's coming to town to help with some financial aid stuff for college (stupid forms to fill out) and get stuff lined up for Nebraskon since she's helping me run my awesome table of awesome stuff ^-^ If there's nothing else going on, and people are game for a Hallow tourney, I can set something up for next weekend though.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Joker I just saw your shoutout lol, The game is still fun but I have just accepted the fact that I'm bad.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
no its all me, i just play to have fun with colin and brandon but i dont practice tech skill that i need to learn. i mean i played really well in the two matchups i know. so.i must be doing something right.

:phone:

resTy

Smash Champion
I only remember him crying about not having people to play and then I showed up and the kid flaked out. Hope he knows he's not gettin no practice in Iowa City of all places. Des Moines wit Tyser is where it's at, bro.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Last night was the most Brawl fun I have had in a while!

Razer + Bpx + Debo + Pcity = SOOooo much fun

Jake and I didn't get to team :(

§chizm

Smash Lord
no its all me, i just play to have fun with colin and brandon but i dont practice tech skill that i need to learn. i mean i played really well in the two matchups i know. so.i must be doing something right.

:phone:
There honestly isn't much actual "tech skill" you'd have to practice. Most of the game is just knowledge and patience (which I lack as well obviously).
Last night was the most Brawl fun I have had in a while!

Razer + Bpx + Debo + Pcity = SOOooo much fun

Jake and I didn't get to team :(
Jake was in town? I woulda shown up if I'd known. :(

Christian I may drop by for a bit for games tomorrow afternoon before I head up to Ames if it's cool with you.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Playing Earthbound for a 3rd or 4th time, can't remember, but I'm pretty high level when I'm not suppose to be. Level 50 when I got Poo. :laugh:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey Christian, if Juan still wants his tablet again tell him I can totally give it to him when I get back home.

That won't be anytime soon at this rate though. I think I'll be hitting social isolation next year, in which case if I disappear off the internet feel free to forget me.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
so yeahh, games at my place tonight btw. :D If you're interested give me a text, or just show up I guess lol.

Kuares

Pizza
Soran: Is it Rainbow Dash?

I got lots of things to do in this day.

If it wasn't the night after a different get together yeah, but it is and I got to catch up sleep.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

PortCity

Smash Ace
@N_o_m: That was a great video. Creativity + Diddy = Barrels of Fun :-D

@Joker: I'm not sure what you mean? I don't understand how Greg and I's quotes make you want to quit brawl.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@Joker, I feel you mang. Also, remember about that new signature we discussed? A Yoshi Raging Demon... yeah It'd be cool if Juan could do that for me but as a avatar for SRK. My avatar at the moment is pretty bland. If it doesn't work out, just make it a SWF Siggy like originally planned.

Remember, it has to be 200x200 pixels and instead of the heaven symbol in the sunburst- Have my name appear. I imagine it would be easiest to use sprites for the initial animation then for the end you can use whatever, especially since there isn't an "Akuma" pose Yoshi sprite that I'm aware of. The character getting demoned- Akuma if it's for SRK, Metaknight if it's for SWF. If ultimately this proves impossible, don't stress. I got all the time in the world.

Please and thank you.

If you guys go to the Charity NE tourney, you better do well. *wink*

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Pcity: Actually it was both quotes but pretty much what I was trying to say is that everyone that plays the game is in Ames now and is just convenient to just play there instead of driving down and is understandable so my only way to get there is Greg but he really doesn't play the game I mean he will play it but yeah point being he just rather do other stuff same with CBK and Kudou so really I don't have anyone to play and it's on his quote too both of them where already at Ames maybe hanging out with BC or doing other stuff but if there was some smash going on they are already there <(^.^<)

I mean Ames has Brandon, Colin, Dustin, Afrayail, Ptato, David, Pcity, Bolt, Zyroqua and Skizm. So it's easier to just play up there and makes it easier to people like Bolt and Zyroqua to attend also I don't go with Skizm cause the way it sounds he doesn't go there for Brawl but to hang with friends and such but will play if there's some Brawl going on.

Now with Marvel I can just play it by myself since the online is at least better then Brawls and I can practice when ever I want plus I'm lucky enough that Ngamer plays it but if anything where there's Marvel there's SF lol but if there's a tourney that passes trough Des Moines I can probably tag along with him otherwise I'm just as screwed like in Brawl.

@Ngamer: Yeah trying to find some sprites that work well since all we really need is one with Yoshi sliding to his Akuma taunt which like you mention there isn't one as far as I know so we may have to edit it ourselfs >.<

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'll draw Blake's sig. I have it all planned out already.

If you wanna help, a nice 无 symbol on the back of a hi-res shot of Yoshi's victory pose would be nice. Otherwise I got it.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I would still like a nice SRK avatar! Like I said, if it doesn't work out, then I'll just come up with something else.

But yeah, I give my current one^ a Meh/10. This was the best thing I could come up with at the time when SRK changed their avatar format.

Top Bottom