• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
can someone in des moines house rob? or do we have to drive there and back to pick his *** up? i'm trying to stop smoking/focus and stuff, I DONT KNOW IF MEGAMAN ROB WILL HELP WITH THIS.
Yeah I think I should be able to house him.

ALSO Brandon I should mention I will like to reserve a spot to Kahoka if it was noodles with you I was assuming you knew this already but just making sure >.0

I try to get a hold of Peeks but no response and last time I talked to Greg he was thinking of going to some land thing so yeah >.<

@Zash: It's all good mang

BPx

Smash Lord
We would like to have 2cars going right now... Colin has to work friday night, and wants to leave saturday morning, dustin has work off friday night, and we want to leave then... if we can fill both cars with everyone, then we should be good...

so... ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO TO KAHOKA, YOU SHOULD CONFIRM ASAP SO WE CAN WORK OUT RIDES.

Sin242

Smash Cadet
Any idea when the next one might be?

I could make any date but the first week of november

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
We would like to have 2cars going right now... Colin has to work friday night, and wants to leave saturday morning, dustin has work off friday night, and we want to leave then... if we can fill both cars with everyone, then we should be good...

so... ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GO TO KAHOKA, YOU SHOULD CONFIRM ASAP SO WE CAN WORK OUT RIDES.
Well I'll go with Dustin's car cause I want to go there Friday night.

For Colin's car maybe Greg may want to go wait and see I guess I know JLO a while back wanted to go so he might I'll call him, Zash if you can find a way to get here then you can tag with Colin so yeah.

Edit: I asked Twink and he may be interested in going if his Schedule works out also he may bring another person with him.

Any idea when the next one might be?

I could make any date but the first week of november
IDK right now but maybe sometime after Nov. 15 since that's when Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 comes out and may start hosting two monthlies one for Smash another for Fighters (Marvel, SF) so yeah I'll post it on the tittle when the next one is.

BPx

Smash Lord
oh and all of you should 'like' www.facebook.com/iasmash ... I'm going to start trying to recruit people from game renegades/maybe do flyers and other ****, and using facebook is going to be a LOT easier than smashboards, till people feel comfortable switching over

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Copying off of Luxy, I see.

Obviously I would want to be going friday as well because non-beer pong side tournaments (tekken, nba jam, SSF2) are gonna happen then, I think, idk, i'll ask.

Also, I should probably do that too., make a facebook for Aksarben.

Yeah I think I should be able to house him.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

MJG

Smash Hero
1: MJG - Cousin, you and I need to 1) team again after I have warmed up...we were wrecking despite all the madness I caused to OUR team 2) commentate some matches together....hahaha... Does Stockton approve?
Lmao. John Stockton is a legend. I'd be down to team with you @ a tournament sometime before I quit. TL/Diddy is broke as hell.

Also, same as moe. Shoutout to the real *****s.

Too lazy for real shoutouts. Thanks for hosting!

Afrayail

Smash Ace
aight I can get on a bus at either 7:50 or 8:10 depending on when class gets out, but people can start showin' up around 8:30. We have 2 tvs and 2 wiis, so if it sounds like a big crowd, I can bust out the 12" tv if someone brings another wii.

See you guys tonight? :D

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Jayford is the absolute earliest you can get to ohio and check into your hotel friday night? Because if possible I'd like to see about splitting a room with you and the Purdue guys you're going with.

Soran

Smash Ace
I'M SO CONFUSED AT WHY BROLY IS COOL~!

So I watched The Legendary Super Saiyan one more time just to confirm its flop. Yeah, I'm not sure what makes Broly cool because that movie sucks. I guess I just like his Hulkitude. It's pretty BA and it makes for a cool crazy, psycho ******-strength villain.

@napZzz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDo5maj7cQ

I just realized therapist has two words: the and rapist. Intriguing.

EDIT: and scary considering the common perception of one. (a therapist)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Noodles is a decent band. I was on them before they were apparently popular. /jpopster

Which reminds me, hope you guys enjoy the sodium in all that ramen you hoodwinked me into forgetting.

When I get back I'll probably be pretty busy. Things are going to get interesting next year.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Jayford is the absolute earliest you can get to ohio and check into your hotel friday night? Because if possible I'd like to see about splitting a room with you and the Purdue guys you're going with.
I have no clue >.>. Everyone is being dumb about SB and not telling me anything =/. I dunno if I will be able to split a room tho, because we have like 8 people going.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Noodles is a decent band.
This is the first time I heard of them but either way noodles has nothing to do with them and i think for once you are ruining it Blank get with the times >.<

Also If Greg sat down and practice some Marvel he could be pretty good I mean he only plays when he comes over and yet he's doing stuff that Combofiend does with She Hulk his Hulk does work and Sentinel just needs more knowledge plus I think besides She Hulk the other 2 are pretty much straight forward but by just playing She Hulk it should help him with execution and such.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
I have no clue >.>. Everyone is being dumb about SB and not telling me anything =/. I dunno if I will be able to split a room tho, because we have like 8 people going.
Alright, I posted up on the Indiana thread on SRK asking about the situation. I did find a random guy that's looking to split a room. If I can't stay with you guys then I need to find a hotel with available rooms.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'M SO CONFUSED AT WHY BROLY IS COOL~!

So I watched The Legendary Super Saiyan one more time just to confirm its flop. Yeah, I'm not sure what makes Broly cool because that movie sucks. I guess I just like his Hulkitude. It's pretty BA and it makes for a cool crazy, psycho ******-strength villain.

@napZzz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDo5maj7cQ

I just realized therapist has two words: the and rapist. Intriguing.

EDIT: and scary considering the common perception of one. (a therapist)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
This is the first time I heard of them but either way noodles has nothing to do with them and i think for once you are ruining it Blank get with the times >.<
I'm not going to use any memes I wasn't there for, thats lame man.

Also If Greg sat down and practice some Marvel he could be pretty good I mean he only plays when he comes over and yet he's doing stuff that Combofiend does with She Hulk his Hulk does work and Sentinel just needs more knowledge plus I think besides She Hulk the other 2 are pretty much straight forward but by just playing She Hulk it should help him with execution and such.
So long as rage makes you better at Marvel.

Soran

Smash Ace
I will look into Noodles.

@Soran: you JUST realized the therapist thing? :p

:phone:
it was because of some retweet. Person's name was som'ntherapist so I was like, therapist? but really the whole thing was som'n the rapist hahah!

sorry, rob. I don't get that ._. I mean, it took me HOW LONG to figure out therapist has two words in it? I is that a real document? Tobias is a cool name.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I agree broadcast television is bad, but you should watch arrested development, that show is on the list of the best/funniest/smartest comedy of all time.

Soran

Smash Ace
also un-cancelled from what I heard. congratulations!

My favorite shows are:

(in no particular order)
That '70s Show
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Gundam is a given and there are too many series/timelines to choose from.

yoshq

Smash Master
oops, i forgot to post shoutouts from a week ago. shoutouts to everyone i played... and to nba jam. and to tripple clutch randall. tryhardQ out

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
ok guys let's focus on important matters at hand.

I really want to see if we can get a head count for kahoka.

who's goin? I know we probably have a full car already (me,dustin,brandon,christian) and i'm sure more of you want to come to this awesome event.

If we get another then I can drive the 2nd group, but I don't get off till late friday (930-100).

lets plan this stuff out

edit: **** is gonna be noodles

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
gotta look at tests/assignments, but http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311949

any interest? its 2 weeks after kahoka and 2 weeks before REVENGE
Maybe.

ok guys let's focus on important matters at hand.

I really want to see if we can get a head count for kahoka.

who's goin? I know we probably have a full car already (me,dustin,brandon,christian) and i'm sure more of you want to come to this awesome event.

If we get another then I can drive the 2nd group, but I don't get off till late friday (930-100).

lets plan this stuff out

edit: **** is gonna be noodles
Agreed ^.^ also Twink said he may be interested in going along with another person but needs to check his schedule he will probably tell me for sure sometime this week.

noodles suck

I SAID IT
That's cause you are not on our noodle level XP

Triple R

Smash Lord
Better late than never shoutouts

1: Fino - Fun team matches. didn't get to mm you. i really need the oli experience....

1: MJG - I thought I had you in singles this time, but i just couldn't do it lol, fun team matches.

3: YoshQ - Thanks for teaming with me. We did really well, good job on 3rd.

4: Bpow - good job in teams, you just keep getting better and better. Keep it up.

5: Prince Nappy IV - You need to place higher, but I suppose 5th isn't really that bad.

5: Cook - Blast you! I will hopefully give you a better challenge next time.

7: JJROCKETS - It's always cool to meet smashers i played on wifi. Cool guy, see ya around probably. Oh, and I plan to keep my positive record vs you, just to save MN's face.

7: Triple R - Do better!

9: yung mo0e the prodiginal explorer - Rusty moe. You could do so much better.

9: Joker - Still have never played lol. Either way, thanks for hosting as always.

9: Kuares - Close matches, fox can be such a troublesome character.

13: BlueBomberMan - Didn't play in brawl, but fun melee matches, they were really close.

13: Twink - I think I played you last time I went to Joker's. Keep repping that marth.

17: Skizm - Fun melee matches again. Crouch always prevails!

17: Breezy - Why Breezy Why! You should place higher. Play smash with us more. Stop playing other games!

17: Retro Gaming - You're PT looked pretty good in teams.

JBM - fun melee matches. Even if I didn't SD that last match you still would've won. I'll try to be better next time.

Samus player I played(sorry I forgot you name, i think it was you though, too lazy to look up now lol) - just play defensive against Kirby, there's not much he can do. Turtle more with Samus!

Overall fun tourney. Thanks for hosting Joker.

Top Bottom