• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BPx

Smash Lord
So, there's no reason I can't go to a tournament this weekend if it's only a one day event.

Anyone going to this from the south-east? I'm at Purdue University in Lafayette IL. Kinda an odd request, and from an outsider :o, PLUS so late, but hey, might as well try!

If not, have fun IA. I'll never be able to go to one of your neat monthlies, I so wanna meet new smashers ~ but I has no car and is broke (well not broke enough to where I can't pay gas money lolz) :( Either way, like I said, have fun, I'm watchin this.
Ask Jay to bring you, if hes not busy, he might wanna come nerd out :D

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Last Night: Had lots of fun...sorry I had to kick you guys out...I had some constraints towards the end of the night :-\..

Edit: thanks greg for taking qrsback. I didn't have time to do it.

QRS: I'll bring that phone to joker's place saturday. Ask me for it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ask Jay to bring you, if hes not busy, he might wanna come nerd out :D
its a bit short notice to ask him, since IA is far.

if he responds back and says hes not busy at all Ill pop the idea but otherwise I'll be lucky if he can play some brawl or melee with me tonight or tomorrow :x

oh and also my phone is dead LOL...

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
I think three of us are showing up tomorrow. I don't remember if I posted that already or not, so here's a quick notification/reminder.

Yarrr. Haven't been to a monthly in so long. I believe the last time I had a chance to was in April, and I had to go to a state-wide Chinese education thing-a-ma-jig. And I was quite sad. >_>

I'll probably enter all/most events as long as I have the funds to do so.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I think three of us are showing up tomorrow. I don't remember if I posted that already or not, so here's a quick notification/reminder.

Yarrr. Haven't been to a monthly in so long. I believe the last time I had a chance to was in April, and I had to go to a state-wide Chinese education thing-a-ma-jig. And I was quite sad. >_>

I'll probably enter all/most events as long as I have the funds to do so.
Coming tonight for locals?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Who is going to Viet tomorrow?

It has to be relatively early so hopefully everything will go well tomorrow.

I am hosting Melee Singles. Depending on how many brawl participants are in the bracket, we may have pools.

Also Rob and I will be accepting any teams MMs in Melee.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Who is going to Viet tomorrow?

It has to be relatively early so hopefully everything will go well tomorrow.
Just make sure you finish Melee around the same time Brawl does ^.^

@Last Night: Had lots of fun...sorry I had to kick you guys out...I had some constraints towards the end of the night :-\.
It's alright man that's the life of a marry man >.0

IMPORTANT

Remember not to park next to a mail box and/or our drive way the reason is cause there's other people who live here and they tend to come and go during the tourney(work related) but if I'm asked by them that someones car is on the way and you playing a match I WILL ask you to pause your match and take care of it.

PortCity

Smash Ace
"user created data/charts that have kept tabs on the prevalence of Meta Knight at the over 500 tournaments held yearly." <------- Translation, everyone started playing Metaknight...and that is the funny thing about the "rationality" assumption...it usually holds over time....usually :)

Edit: See you guys tomorrow night :)

Soran

Smash Ace
I remember when I started playing Meta Knight-san. I did so I could get a better grasp on his match-up. Since that was really the only match-up I was concerned with. He was pretty fun for a while.

Soran

Smash Ace
This annoys me. Meta Knight isn't even all that; it's all M2K. I mad and I don't even play this game.
Soo.so true.

I haven't played a Meta Knight-san that was frustrating. That's probably why I don't see why he should be banned.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yink wants to molest me when I'm dressed as Ness loves me

Bpow breaks the game when he plays against me also loves me

Therefore everyone in IA loves me and wants to go to REVENGE in November

It'll also be hype since none of yall have been this way before iirc

GO TO REVENGE IT'LL BE HYPE I GUARANTEE YOU

BPx

Smash Lord
Yink wants to molest me when I'm dressed as Ness loves me

Bpow breaks the game when he plays against me also loves me

Therefore everyone in IA loves me and wants to go to REVENGE in November

It'll also be hype since none of yall have been this way before iirc

GO TO REVENGE IT'LL BE HYPE I GUARANTEE YOU
This. Dustin wants to come too, so we should fill a car up.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
So a little late, but when is dubs? Is that going on later?

Iiiif so and anyone actually reads this, I'm looking for a partner.

:phone:

Soran

Smash Ace
You guys better be playing smash on Xbox while connected to live... because whenever you play Xbox today, ms gives to the children. THE CHILDREN! like me ^o^

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Results:

Brawl Singles:
#1-Fino :olimar:
#2-MJG :toonlink:
#3-YoshQ :luigi:
#4-Bpow :wario:

JJ Rockets ***** me and made it look easy. Thugz was right, I don't know the Diddy Matchup. And I made YoshQ's combo video, even though I ***** him the first match (and lost).

Melee Singles
#1-JBM :marthmelee:
#2-ResTy :samusmelee:
#3-BlueBomberMan :sheikmelee:
#4-Triple R :kirby2:

I should have let Tyser stay as Captain Falcon, I would have been able to troll a bit more freely then.

Thanks to Joker for hosting, come to Kahoka so I can actually get games in! Actually, I think I'm gonna get a bus Ticket to DM the thursday beforehand so be ready in 2 weeks.

More shout outs when the results are posted.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
i played fox the whole tourney besides the last 3 matches in the melee tourney.

This tourney was alot of fun.

Joker when you come to omaha i'll pay for ur venue fee or buy ya some ff bro for the house cut. Seriously i didn't know their was one. Please remind me when you make ur way to omaha or the next Joker tourney.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Heeey, thinking about having a tourney (more like a bi-weekly) up here again. We have 2 apartments right next to each other (well, across the hall, so like 5 feet away) and could get a fairly decent set up going on, or I can try to get the honors building or another classroom again for projectory goodness. It'd most likely be on the 22nd, since the 8th seems too early.

Yes? No? :D Either way I wanna get in on some games since work finally cut my hours back.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Congrats Bpow on your win against joker and your placing in doubles.

Fino Thanks for the cig, thought you guys would have it.
Yoshq also thanks for the cig. Gj placing in both events.

Sorry to say but i think im gonna turn rob into a melee player.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
i played fox the whole tourney besides the last 3 matches in the melee tourney.
Well, if you hadn't gone Marth you could have lost, same with Tyser and Samus, so those are the characters that I put up because they were the characters you used when you had to play your best (i.e. against real competition, i.e. not me-last place).

Heeey, thinking about having a tourney (more like a bi-weekly) up here again. We have 2 apartments right next to each other (well, across the hall, so like 5 feet away) and could get a fairly decent set up going on, or I can try to get the honors building or another classroom again for projectory goodness. It'd most likely be on the 22nd, since the 8th seems too early.

Yes? No? :D Either way I wanna get in on some games since work finally cut my hours back.
I may be interested in coming. Where is it you live in Iowa again? The 22nd would work way better than next week.

Congrats Bpow on your win against joker and your placing in doubles.

Sorry to say but i think im gonna turn rob into a melee player.
Very much both of these things. Unless a brawl scene magically appears October 29th, I may also be done with brawl after Apex like every other MK main :p I am playing smarter in brawl, but I just can't show up at tournaments and perform the way I want to without practicing more than at tournaments.

And the difference between nair OOS in brawl is major vs nair OOS in melee. You have to hit the buttons every so slightly different, and it's weird.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Thanks to everyone that came pretty good turnout for a MK ban tourney ^.^

Also the first page has been updated with the results.

Special thanks to Ngamer for being awesome >.0

Sin242

Smash Cadet
What was the turnout? also sorry I couldn't make it, gonna bring out another car of people to the next one...(when is it?)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone that came pretty good turnout for a MK ban tourney ^.^

Also the first page has been updated with the results.

Special thanks to Ngamer for being awesome >.0
Noodles.

This was one of the most fun tourneys ever. Shoutouts to my car-mates-- thanks for coming along. GGs to Retro, JJRockets, Colin, Cook, YoshQ, Moe, Nappy in Smash.

@BPow- WTG, bro. You deserve all the praise.

@Wang- Come back stronger. Think about ALL the options you have. There's a counter for everything, just react a bit better.

@JJRockets- Good stuff in teams. You're calm under pressure.

@Retro - PT is rough. Learn the matchup and you'll beat me all day. Good stuff in teams, you guys are obviously a great team.

@Kuares- YOU PLAY SUCH AN EASY TEAM! Our team was legit, our gameplay was not. :/ You have to conserve your meter in Marvel better. Hoping and praying isn't strong gameplay.

@Mushroomring- Free. See you next week, maybe. ;)

@ALL OoS- Awesome that you guys made it and made the tourney so hype. Great seeing everyone.

@Joker- You da bess, mang. You're my favorite person to play Marvel with. You hold the best tournies-- I hope you do host some fighter ones in the future. We takin' Omaha next week. LET'S GO!

Mario Party 4 Results

1. NerdGamer3k
2. Salty Matt

Top Bottom