• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Tyser: Probably yes, but that is only because old MVC2 players are killing new MVC3 players with old tactics. That team is just a modified version of team "Santhrax" (the old Storm/Sent/Commando squad). So more than likely it is the best team, but it is a function of the players not the characters...my guess.

Soran

Smash Ace
I just beat Residents of Zero Evil ^^ Great game and I think anybody that has the time should play it.

<_< if anyone cares...
no one cares

I don't have Marvel but I'm probably getting it tomorrow. (PS3)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If anyone whos coming over tomorrow could bring some 360 controllers/sticks that'd be great. We have two setups for Marvel but no good 360 controllers.

Dante seems okay. His assist and teleport are godlike. Sentinel seems to be easier to deal with overall, but I don't see much reason to not run him with all the life and power hes packing + assist and DHC combos.

Storm and Magneto are like the same without the bull****(so far). Everyone can stall and play keep-away, but meter-building without actually touching your opponent is kind of impossible now. The best batteries have decent lockdown/traps, and there are some pretty good assists for those including Doom and Ammy.

This game has so much OTG ridiculous-ness. Felicia can OTG into her level 3...which she gets free OTG out of because her 3B is ridiculously good. Shes really fun to use and just about everything she does can set up into command throw resets/setups.

Sentinel with X-factor is honestly just hilarious. 2-3 normals kill someone, and he regens a ton of health because his max health is the highest in the game. Level 3 x-factor and hes just moving everywhere lol.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Hey if me, brandon, and se'kou come down tomorrow. Are all we gonna be doing is playing MvC3? Cause I wouldn't mind playing it for a little bit. But since I suck at those games I'd want to play brawl too.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Hey if me, brandon, and se'kou come down tomorrow. Are all we gonna be doing is playing MvC3? Cause I wouldn't mind playing it for a little bit. But since I suck at those games I'd want to play brawl too.
Eh, I'm sure if you two pop down there'll be some Brawl. We'll only have 2 MvC3 setups at most so yeah, we should be spreading playtime to both games.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
OMG!!! I was looking at some videos....Dark Pheonix's loses health but it all turns to red unless she takes chip or direct hits. When you tag her out, she regenerates her red health. Nothing cute, but then I realized you can combo tag (that what I call it when you start and air combo with one character and finish it with another). Do ya'll know what that means?!?!?! There are gonna be trap squads, that are used to build meter for her. So imagine Blackheart Spiral or Spiral Sentinal from MVC2 days. There will be teams that use 2 characters for meter building and traps and if a combo connects they will bring in Pheonix. She fights, if she dies, she will turn into Dark Pheonix and they will go one all out offense. If DP connects with an aircombo, she can tag out again. While she is regenerating life, the trap / battery team is building meter for her :-\. MVC3 gonna equal mad drama :-\
You can only revive once, and both Phoenix's will literally die from one super.

If anything is broken its Dark Phoenix assist and level 3 x-factor in general.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
X-Factor is the dumbest thing. Why did they even do that?
Whats even stupider is that different characters get different power boosts during it... it literally varies from about 130 or something to above 200. So you can't even really call it a fair universal mechanic. A character with x-factor is, simply put, a different character.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Blank: You don't get what I'm saying. I'm not saying she is gonna revive...ala come back to life. I'm saying if you tag her out she will regain health like every other assist. So pretty much you can enable a keep away style with projectiles, tag her out and then bring her back in later. Her health is super low, so really all I'm talking about is a work around for her life degeneration. I'll explain it beter if i come there tonight.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
@Blank: You don't get what I'm saying. I'm not saying she is gonna revive...ala come back to life. I'm saying if you tag her out she will regain health like every other assist. So pretty much you can enable a keep away style with projectiles, tag her out and then bring her back in later. Her health is super low, so really all I'm talking about is a work around for her life degeneration. I'll explain it beter if i come there tonight.
Against most teams, theres almost no way Phoenix ISN'T going to die in one hit. They went to the extremes with this character. Dark Phoenix can do massive damage with her projectiles, but if you so much as sneeze on her she will die. She already has a way to deal with health loss, its healing field. Problem is shes so fragile it shouldn't make much a difference unless she gets tagged during assist.

Isedelica also has some Marvel combos on that channel. The Dante ones actually look pretty easy. Sadly enough.

I don't know what JBM is talking about, but I will accept mm's for food. :3

Jayford

Smash Lord
Phoenix is not impressive not gonna lie. She and DP take way to much damage to be any good. This game has so many 50/50s and unblockable set ups that your character needs more then 400 health or w/e she has. X-Factor Phoenix is scary, but she is over rated imo.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
@Sek'ou and brandon. I texted both of you. What is the plan for tonight? Someone give me a text back por favor.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
If you guys wanna come down ill go over to jokers and we can get some games going.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I think me and Se'kou will be. I'lll ask brandon for your number so I can let you know when we're on our way or something.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Alright sounds good just text me when you are like 20 mins away or something. ;P

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Hey sorry we aren't gonna make it. Sek'ou had to cancel. We might be coming down tomorrow.
Man both Ngamer and Dustin where here and you decide not to show up today >.<

who plays MvC3 online on PS3? PM me I want more people to play
I play MvC3 on PS3 my psn is Joker490Frozen >.0

I just beat Residents of Zero Evil ^^ Great game and I think anybody that has the time should play it.
Actually back in the day I was scared of playing RE games but then I beat RE4 and was all like "I have to beat the other ones" so then I went back and played all of them RE: Zero, RE1-5 and Code Veronica I didn't touch the Outbreak series it just didn't catch my attention but yeah good series ^.^

Hey if me, brandon, and se'kou come down tomorrow. Are all we gonna be doing is playing MvC3?
Yes.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
cool i added you.

I'm currently running Haggar, Zero and Phoenix and it seems to be working out pretty well in low level ranked matches. I'll have to get a mic and talk with you guys in game to learn some stuff :)

Soran

Smash Ace
I play MvC3 on PS3 my psn is Joker490Frozen >.0
I too play Marvel on PS3. I'm pretty much the best pshh. nah, but a helpful tip to anybody by themselves: Training mode. 3 hours. I was using the same 3 characters getting down combos and I feel pretty confident with execution. I have only played Zero, Wesker, and Deadpool. They are all so awesome ^^ except Zero.. he's kinda lame.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I too play Marvel on PS3. I'm pretty much the best pshh. nah, but a helpful tip to anybody by themselves: Training mode. 3 hours. I was using the same 3 characters getting down combos and I feel pretty confident with execution. I have only played Zero, Wesker, and Deadpool. They are all so awesome ^^ except Zero.. he's kinda lame.
Come to Joker's and get crushed please. You are garbs.

I see you ignoring my provoking. Not only are you a dumb, ignorant, obnoxious kid, but I feel like you're a dumb and ignorant kid with an obnoxiously concealed sense of arrogance. I live to decimate bigoted scrubs like you, the way you pretend like you know what you're talking about and talk with a narcissistic mindset and blabber about yourself to people who don't care. You really had such a hot **** attitude at one point that pissed me off, and you talk like a 12 year old. Worst thing is, you ask the dumbest questions and pretend to have an opinion on topics you're completely ignorant of. You should stop posting and quit games.

Personally, I have nothing against your friend (ScarletPhoenix), but I bet if we played TvC again it wouldn't be the same. Not that I actually cared for that game, but I'd be willing to go to whatever lengths to crush you're stupid little misconceptions. In fact I hate when you come on to the boards to talk about games or how good you or your friend is, then you embarrass yourself in regional tourney threads mentioning known names and acting like your Wifi relationships makes things so much more interesting even though you don't even understand basic tourney rules and ask questions like "Is Ness' Bthrow banned?" If you think you can beat M2K by all means please come to a tourney and "play the matchup."

I don't care what other people think of you, I don't care about your facebook status posts, I don't care how humble you want to be about befriending people. In the end you have a shallow personality and mindset, and talk like an immature weeaboo who wants to butt**** girly anime boys and loves flashy games made for 10 year olds.

If you think this criticism isn't true, and I'm just being a ****-talker then by all means prove to me that you aren't just hiding behind your wall of subjectivity and being a taunting child who thinks he has a right to get any kind of respect. That or come face me in some game so you can stop being an unsettled presence that I have yet to deal with properly. At least if I obliterate you, I don't have to care about your ignorant assumptions and your childish attitude. Before you even retort something about my maturity, any real person would say this to you. Anything else you wouldn't deserve, its fake and you'd continue to be an obnoxious, narcissistic scrub like you are now. Please don't even try to pretend like you are the bigger man, because you have not once responded with anything logical. In fact most of what you post isn't worth reading. Prove to me you aren't just some arrogant kid on the internet that doesn't know the shallow ignorance behind the stupid **** he posts.

In other news, Marvel is pretty fun. ^^ My team right now is Ammy/Hsien-ko/Felicia. They work together well but thats also a crutch since they're all below average health. I have some back-up characters though, I'm loving Tron atm.

resTy

Smash Champion
Blank is my fuckin hero. I remember when I tried to give this Soran character advice a few months ago and he responded in the most hilarious way possible. I don't have balls like Blank to call someone out this hard tho.

Blank is a real internet warrior. I wanna be like him when I grow up.

gantrain05

Smash Master
In other news, Marvel is pretty fun. ^^ My team right now is Ammy/Hsien-ko/Felicia. They work together well but thats also a crutch since they're all below average health. I have some back-up characters though, I'm loving Tron atm.
the best part of the entire post, after all the anger and hate, this is just so lighthearted and he even included the ^^ and then the fact that he was able to post this right after his destruction of soran makes it even better.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Come to Joker's and get crushed please. You are garbs.

[FANTASTIC]

Holy **** Blank. Can I have your babies? Seriously.

I'm absolutely in love with Marvel. If anyone plays on Live they should hit me up. I hear the online is mediocre but I don't even care. I can't get enough of this game. I dropped Captain America out and have been running Taskmaster, X-23, Arthur so far.

Top Bottom