• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
LOLOLOL.

Yep, I made it back. Every time this gets harder, it's weird.

My team is Wesker, Storm, Chun-Li ^^

If people think Sentinel is stupid in x-factor lvl 3 wait until you see a fast character that's good. I'm still not too enamored with this game. Auto correcting normals and whiff canceling for the loss. I'm beginning to come to terms with the x-factor as usually now, the person who is winning ends up winning. I had a few matches with Greg where Sentinel was Sentinel and weird stuff happened that went both ways, but I'll give the game more time to marinade obviously.

GGs to Joker, Blank, and Greg. I feel like I've leveled up a bit already. Too bad it took all night to get fun and not Super GAY OMFG XFACTOR MASH DA BUTTONS SUPER SAD PANIC TIME MODE!

BPx

Smash Lord
@Blank/Joker: So, my sister's art is going to be in a show tonight, what time would you guys be awake for me to come over and play some MvC? I'm done w/ classes for the day and I think I'll just head to DSM now. :D

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Tyser you definetly wrote that up for blank LOL.

Blank gives good advice i suppose for how you should behave socially. Im not so sure you should care so much to obliterate a kid that badly in one post though.

Soran sorry to rub it in, but you just got 4 stocked in criticism.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldn't make games tonight. I am uber busy with exams and **** till next Friday. I also was looking at apartments at 430 today. Place looks pretty promising.

Also, I didn't want to play MvC3 at all. That game doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.

/johns

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey guys, im still playin blazblue, its like...the first 2d fighter i've had fun with in like 7 years, i think i might actually try and get into this MVC3, it looks pretty.....advanced for me tho lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All modern games are easy. Members of this board should be very familiar with this concept.
very fixed.

I prefer fighting games where I have to mine for everything I get, not autocombos and super moves (though tech skills like parrying with the meter is nice, I still hate that crap). No items, please.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well, next time it's the weekend I guess I'll come. Up to ngamer if he is able to give me a ride.

So probably next monthly. Seeya then ^^
You don't even post anything worth reading back. At least have the courtesy to reply to things when someone takes the time to roast you. I guess you can't expect much from someone who who would just act like a kid and feign some naivety like it makes you look like you aren't a moron.

I guess I'm housing Soran for Nerdtron. You get to sleep in the laundry room. Feel privileged.
Don't do it. I won't be there to beat him up. I'll be in Georgia.

Also Sekou I don't think Wesker is that high-execution. In fact I'd say with the stuff he has now hes shoto-status. Very basic, easy counters to everything. His super also gives you pretty much forever to DHC into whatever you want. Hes very straightforward, but hes best with the right assists to help his mix-ups.

Edit: Apparently Clockwork is playing Ammy. Can't wait to see that~

Soran

Smash Ace
I guess I'm housing Soran for Nerdtron. You get to sleep in the laundry room. Feel privileged.
Very much so ^^
Thank you : )

You don't even post anything worth reading back. At least have the courtesy to reply to things when someone takes the time to roast you. I guess you can't expect much from someone who who would just act like a kid and feign some naivety like it makes you look like you aren't a moron.
Well what do you expect me to say? Strike back? I'm not about that kind of stuff.
I try to be nice, you know? I'm never a jerk unless I truly know the person.

Oh, but Wesker? He's totally one of the easier characters. Plus he's strong.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Soran & @Blank: Hahaha, If you both agree with something, then it must be true. Reminds me of my mom and dad :)... So I guess I stand corrected about Wesker. I was thinking about some of his dash cancels into command grabs and coordinating those dang teleports without getting hit in the middle of them :-\. I don't understand how a teleport is a teleport if you can get hit in the middle of it :-\

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
After I played Wesker I realized all of my thinking of Wesker=Toki wasn't the case. He has like one combo like toki, but other than that he can't really combo from the ground into a teleport unless he uses qcf+B and follows it up with a teleport. Oh well. X-23 is hella fun.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Very much so ^^
Thank you : )

Well what do you expect me to say? Strike back? I'm not about that kind of stuff.
I try to be nice, you know? I'm never a jerk unless I truly know the person.

Oh, but Wesker? He's totally one of the easier characters. Plus he's strong.
Fair enough. You've had worst attempts at defending yourself, so I'll be satisfied with this. Still has that tone of self-importance though.

Sunday, we're playing MvC3 till our hands fall off.
Why Sunday?

Soran

Smash Ace
Fair enough. You've had worst attempts at defending yourself, so I'll be satisfied with this. Still has that tone of self-importance though.
I'm sorry. I don't mean it to, if that means anything.

@PortCity, this is true *nods* It doesn't stop him from being fun as hell though : D

EDIT: Blank, if you're playing Hsien-Ko (also @anyone else who plays her) I know of a little strategy that is kinda scary with her. (in any team.. almost.. maybe.. it seems like..) What you do is set her assist to the swingy one and at the beginning of the match, do her super armor special and switch her out quickly. But a counter to that strategy is you can snap back until you get to her and take her out little by little if you're good enough. But I'd say it's most effective if you do it near the end of the match. Like maybe if you only have her and another character. Just sharing strategies I know.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yay I just got 10 ranked wins. When you wanna play, Joker?
Anytime really I'll send you an invite next time I see you on I should have done it today but I was only expecting to play for a bit but I saw the time and was like well hell should have played Andy >.<

But yeah man send me and invite when you see me on or I will >.0
By the way what's your PSN again to make sure it was you.

-Joker

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'm sorry. I don't mean it to, if that means anything.

@PortCity, this is true *nods* It doesn't stop him from being fun as hell though : D

EDIT: Blank, if you're playing Hsien-Ko (also @anyone else who plays her) I know of a little strategy that is kinda scary with her. (in any team.. almost.. maybe.. it seems like..) What you do is set her assist to the swingy one and at the beginning of the match, do her super armor special and switch her out quickly. But a counter to that strategy is you can snap back until you get to her and take her out little by little if you're good enough. But I'd say it's most effective if you do it near the end of the match. Like maybe if you only have her and another character. Just sharing strategies I know.
I do this already, in fact I think I already posted her super armored Senpu Bu is one of the best in the game. Safe DHC out of it and its very simple to get off.

The "counter" to it is punishing Hsien-ko with safe supers when she gets called out. Shes pretty much forced to eat all damage while she is swinging. Its a potent assist when used right, and one of the main reasons I run her period.

You're tips are weaksauce bro, share something better then common knowledge without exaggerating it.

Playing MvC3 online is kinda *** atm. I don't know if its the connection here but the netcode is not exactly good. Console onryne play will always be inferior for some reason.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I told you about the online. Part of it must be the detail of the game and the effects. Other thing is the interface. It sucks. SSF4 still is the best online experience on console for a fighter.

Oh yeah and no spectator mode of course. It means all I'm doing is ranked, which is sort of dumb considering I choose a game, it just searches and I might find someone and I might not.

Soran

Smash Ace
@PortCity: I don't know why it took me this long to figure it out, but I was just thinking about it. Wesker's teleport isn't really even a teleport, you see. He just moves so fast it seems like he disappears and that's why he can get hit xD
Now if Dante could get hit that is some bull-...

Soran

Smash Ace
I told you about the online. Part of it must be the detail of the game and the effects. Other thing is the interface. It sucks. SSF4 still is the best online experience on console for a fighter.

Oh yeah and no spectator mode of course. It means all I'm doing is ranked, which is sort of dumb considering I choose a game, it just searches and I might find someone and I might not.
I heard it's actually better than SFIV. That's just what Marn said.

Sorry, debo ) :,

PortCity

Smash Ace
@DSM Brawl Players turned MVC3 Scrubs :) : I'll make a deal with you guys. I'll be going home in a couple of weeks for spring break. I can bring back my X-Arcade dual arcade stick back with me. It looks like this (second one on the page, without the track ball)...

http://www.xgaming.com/store/category/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/

I'll be willing to let it stay at Joker's place and you guys use it and such as long as:

1. Ya'll buy a PS3 adapter for it ($29) from their website. Cause it won't work on PS3 without one. Or ya'll can buy an XBOX 360 on, but it will cost more money. You would have to buy a PS2 adapter and 2 Xbox 360 adapters. The cost is then $70. It's which ever you guys would prefer, but I suspect PS3 is the way to go.
2. Promise to keep GOOD care of it or fix it if you don't :-P.

If you guys want me to bring my arcade stick up, then I'll pick it up in about a month when I go home. Let me know. Here is the link for the adapter:

http://www.xgaming.com/store/x-arcade-adapters/product/x-arcade-ps3-xbox-playstation-3-adapter/

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
It's not just netcode. It's the entire experience. Spectator mode being absent is big, but like I said what's up with the way the game searches for a ranked match? I don't like it. Then there's those weird rank things you get, which are a lot like the TvC ones to be honest. I'm not sure how they evaluate skill. Where in SSF4 and even Blazblue, there are rules that everyone knows. Here, I have no idea.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Mreow~

Sekou can't count me in that category because I'm not a Brawl player. :3

So there's this boy named Blake I like I dunno how to tell him my feelings~(=^・・^) Any advice?

Also apparently we're playing MvC3 all day today. There's a lot of stuff I want to lab out...

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
@DSM Brawl Players turned MVC3 Scrubs :) : I'll make a deal with you guys. I'll be going home in a couple of weeks for spring break. I can bring back my X-Arcade dual arcade stick back with me. It looks like this (second one on the page, without the track ball)...

http://www.xgaming.com/store/category/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/

I'll be willing to let it stay at Joker's place and you guys use it and such as long as:

1. Ya'll buy a PS3 adapter for it ($29) from their website. Cause it won't work on PS3 without one. Or ya'll can buy an XBOX 360 on, but it will cost more money. You would have to buy a PS2 adapter and 2 Xbox 360 adapters. The cost is then $70. It's which ever you guys would prefer, but I suspect PS3 is the way to go.
2. Promise to keep GOOD care of it or fix it if you don't :-P.

If you guys want me to bring my arcade stick up, then I'll pick it up in about a month when I go home. Let me know. Here is the link for the adapter:

http://www.xgaming.com/store/x-arcade-adapters/product/x-arcade-ps3-xbox-playstation-3-adapter/
this would be sweet...but the thing is greg and i already have our sticks and such so we could just bring ours when everyone goes to play so then we would always have 2...and it wouldnt be such a hassle for u to bring it anywhere cuz that thing looks pretty big...lol (thats what she said...O_O)

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Really need to get to play with you guys in MvC3. The con-goers weren't much fun at all lol

Top Bottom