• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
:laugh: All these new people know me as Greg, but back then, I was the one and only Capt. Love!
Except for that French player who stole my name!!! I had it first!

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: All these new people know me as Greg, but back then, I was the one and only Capt. Love!
Except for that French player who stole my name!!! I had it first!
When my parents ask where we're crashing for the monthlies I tell them either Joker or Love's house. So even my family knows you as Love :p

On an unrelated to everything going on in this thread note, someone beat a long standing speedrun record of Super Ghouls 'N' Ghost by like 5 minutes. It's most excellent. As well as the Megaman 2 record, which I thought was impossible.

V--- Real talk.

resTy

Smash Champion
Hey, Arthur. As a person who posted almost equally ******** shit as you, I would suggest keeping it a little more on the DL and at least try to type somewhat normal. Nobody likes you, mainly because of the way you post things. If you at least acted this way in person then it would be understandable but you're just a quiet child in actuality. As a dude who has been in your shoes, I would suggest trying to get people to at least acknowledge you as a competent human being whose not completely ********. I don't mean to bad mouth you or nothin, I'm just being straight with you because the way you're going you won't have any friends in this Smash community.
Real talk bro.

Soran

Smash Ace
.-.

I'm only trying to have fun and make people laugh Dx *failing presumably*

BUT! if I can't make friends thsi way, I'm not sure how I would otherwise. I mean, I really do talk like this IRL and everybody has a great time and laughs.

BUT OKAY! I'll talk normalish aFtEr ThIs LiN3 ^o^ (can't stop the emoticons)

Is that why people don't like my posts? I use *clenches in resistance to use word: wizeird* weird emoticons? I mean, I thought some of the stuff I say is legit, though it may look jumbled and insincere. I guess if people truly feel I'm a nuisance I'll lurk and say things only when I truly feel it's something of relevance and importance. I'll also stop the 4chan-styled "Link posts" . Even though I will say something before posting a link. Again, I'm sorry for all the trouble I have delt to your community.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
.-.

I really don't think I would be good at getting a job. because I don't have anything good to say.
I think you effectively summarized your problem.

You don't have to stay on topic or anything like that, just maybe try you know...not sounding like you just shot up an overdose of crystal meth?

resTy

Smash Champion
I mean, I'm not saying you shouldn't post and shit. I'm just saying that you are definitely not how you post, not even to the slightest degree. Not to mention you come off as a joke in almost every post you post. I'm not even part of Iowa Smash, I'm just giving you some insight on what's to come if you continue doing what you're doing. As I've said, I have been in your shoes. I used to post ******** shit all the time, hell I still do, but I'm at least like that in person (sometimes). If you're real in your posts as you are in person, there won't be any problems but you seem like a gigantic fake of an individual and I think that's what most people have a problem with. Take my post however you want, like I said, I'm trying to help you to not be hated by your own community.

Soran

Smash Ace
I'm not taking this to any offense whatsoever. I have already stated I'm like this in real life. If you aren't reading my posts it isn't my fault.

like I said, I got messed up the night before and wasn't feeling well.
I'll be more contributive to threads in the future. I thought people come here to discuss the topic. When I have a question related to the topic I fail to receive an answer of any sort.

I try to be friendly and open. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'm like this in real life.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I dunno man, fake is putting it harsh. I mean how many of you actually heard the dude talk in Ames? I did, and I won't point fingers or make accusations but I didn't exactly like what I heard anyways.

Point being, you spam the thread and look like a weeaboo scrub, so if you get hate with the way you talk proly shouldn't complain. Like you just joined this thread recently and already post more then some older lurkers. If you have nothing good to say, then you don't have to post, simple as that.

Also you tell people to read your posts but you are quite wordy and most the times post junk, so I generally skip over them and not care. If you are looking for an answer you could try lurking a bit yourself instead of posting so much, lurking the community before trying to socialize awkwardly kind of helps bro. I didn't even post on here I just SHOWED UP to my first smash tourney.

Also:

this upsets me :c

Everything on this wii was pure gold.
No.

You know we had a kid like you but wasn't quite as bad but we made fun of him anyways. His name was BC. <3

Soran

Smash Ace
I dunno man, fake is putting it harsh. I mean how many of you actually heard the dude talk in Ames? I did, and I won't point fingers or make accusations but I didn't exactly like what I heard anyways.

Point being, you spam the thread and look like a weeaboo scrub, so if you get hate with the way you talk proly shouldn't complain. Like you just joined this thread recently and already post more then some older lurkers. If you have nothing good to say, then you don't have to post, simple as that.

Also you tell people to read your posts but you are quite wordy and most the times post junk, so I generally skip over them and not care. If you are looking for an answer you could try lurking a bit yourself instead of posting so much, lurking the community before trying to socialize awkwardly kind of helps bro. I didn't even post on here I just SHOWED UP to my first smash tourney.

Also:

No.

You know we had a kid like you but wasn't quite as bad but we made fun of him anyways. His name was BC. <3
I met Chloe and many of the IA regulars at AnimeIowa. I didn't even make a smashboard until Connor said I should.

I will not deny that I posted more than the normal lurkers. I have 130+ posts and I started posting two months ago. Whereas XenoStar joined February with less than 50 posts.

I'd also like to ask; what did I say at Ames that you disliked?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Why so much hostility towards THE GAME?
You still owe me a dress. I was looking at this: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-1859/Wa-Lolita,-Sakura-&/Detail

But I know you wanna get me something green so I won't spoil myself. <3

I met Chloe and many of the IA regulars at AnimeIowa. I didn't even make a smashboard until Connor said I should.

I will not deny that I posted more than the normal lurkers. I have 130+ posts and I started posting two months ago. Whereas XenoStar joined February with less than 50 posts.

Just forget about it, and I will too. I won't hold any bad blood about an off-comment. Anyways if you aren't a jerk then Iowa is usually pretty friendly. Don't let things get to your head, and don't get into others. We play games for funsies and whatnot, so we're usually chill.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice

Also:

No.

Blank being intense.

Also - I feel like speedrunning a game again. Ya'll should give me ideas on what game I should run.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
i started lurking this thread again.

i miss u se'kou, joker, greg, skiz, blank, yink and errybody else who remembers me.

ps. i haven't played wario since i left iowa. he's too intense for this crowd.

XenoStar

Smash Cadet

post count doesnt mean anything. i was inactive during the summer because i had to plan for senior year rather than playing video games. i just really wish i could make it to these events but its pretty hard to do so when you got school and work all the time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Man I missed out on a lot of Drama during work,=

For the love of god your Wii should not be allowed at this tournament.

This is why the only custom music wii I will play on is Joker's.
I only have Mega Man Music, who could resist? Last Jokers it dominated the soundwaves like an awesome metaphor :-0

cats are so awful. they just make me sneeze and scratch me.
You stop your blasphemy right now.

post count doesnt mean anything. i was inactive during the summer because i had to plan for senior year rather than playing video games. i just really wish i could make it to these events but its pretty hard to do so when you got school and work all the time.
Tyser's right on some of this, some of it is pretty mean, pretty ****ing funny, but in all honesty it's pretty dumb to use troll accounts to gang up on someone, especially personal stuff.

§chizm

Smash Lord
like I said, I got messed up the night before and wasn't feeling well.

I'll annoy the chack out of Schizm when I see him : D
I wouldn't suggest that.
You still owe me a dress. I was looking at this: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/the-1859/Wa-Lolita,-Sakura-&/Detail

But I know you wanna get me something green so I won't spoil myself. <3

Just forget about it, and I will too. I won't hold any bad blood about an off-comment. Anyways if you aren't a jerk then Iowa is usually pretty friendly. Don't let things get to your head, and don't get into others. We play games for funsies and whatnot, so we're usually chill.
It was really awkward when my friend came into the room wondering why I had a page open about buying Loli dresses.
i started lurking this thread again.

i miss u se'kou, joker, greg, skiz, blank, yink and errybody else who remembers me.

ps. i haven't played wario since i left iowa. he's too intense for this crowd.
Will you ever return sir?

resTy

Smash Champion
So, I quit Brawl officially again. I might come back officially again though.
Gonna get back into Melee :') I'm not entering Brawl at Brainshock anymore either.
Not gonna waste that dough even though I'm gonna win Melee Singles...
Unless Mew2King randomly decides to creep o.O Which would be friggin awesome!

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Gonna get back into Melee :') I'm not entering Brawl at Brainshock anymore either.
I'm so shocked.

FYI- to who it may concern, I have no idea where I'm going tomorrow.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Tyser played Melee at JBM's with KC or something and he quits Brawl...again! Unexpected.

It was really awkward when my friend came into the room wondering why I had a page open about buying Loli dresses.

Lolz~

I want this yukata. I'd wear it to tourneys randomly.

Jayford

Smash Lord

Also, looks like I'm not gonna be at HDR. If I went I would literally be choosing to drive 5 hours to play an awful game instead of hanging out with a girl loooool. So looks like I'll see everyone at brain shock :D.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I know how it is cause I'm finishing up 3 classes in high school but I can still make to tourneys and such.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm so shocked.
inorite :')

Tyser played Melee at JBM's with KC or something and he quits Brawl...again! Unexpected.
I just played with Brice, Devon and Tony mostly. KC will be here tomorrow and I'm totally stoked for their arrival. Gonna get in some serious friendlies and improve before Hot Dickings comes around. At least two Nebraskans are taking Top 5 again.

And only reason I'm really quitting Brawl (again) is because there is so little competition in my area. I mean, I'm not even good at Brawl but my level is far beyond anybody in the Omaha area and that is sad. I try to help these guys out, these guys being Rob, but he's not improving nearly as fast as I think he should. And I don't get to play with Trent very often, but I usually always win anyways. Basically, I win too much. It makes Brawl boring because I have to lose in order to learn. I'm not getting anywhere by winning every match half assedly. I'll come back eventually though; I always do.

yes! I'm #2 by default again!!!!!!!!!!
If that's the way you want to take it, sure...

Also, looks like I'm not gonna be at HDR. If I went I would literally be choosing to drive 5 hours to play an awful game instead of hanging out with a girl loooool. So looks like I'll see everyone at brain shock :D.
It will be worth it, if and only if, you get your dick wet lol.

What's HDR? Nobody ever explained that.
Hot Dickings: Remix. Go to Midwest Threads and it's the ONLY stickied tournament...

Uli

Smash Champion
what the fuuuck happened in this thread lol. haters gonna hate soran. but this isnt 4chan seriously. <3

lol <3 jayford

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Even though Tyser sounds like a HotDickingRemix, he's right. Dan even said it's pathetic how far away Tyser is from me and Trent.

Soran

Smash Ace
I'm a wi-fi scrub. That is probably why I keep playing this game. I was too young and didn't see enough melee material to ever be good. I used Fox and fsmashed my way to beating my friends. That was before I found out Fox had a great usmash. By then I was subbing Fox in Brawl so it didn't matter. If we can get in on some Melee friendlies at Brainshock I'd love to see how terribad I am at the game.

Top Bottom