• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
So it appears that 4 Ames people will be coming down to DSM for games at about ~4 pm ish. Hopefully some old heads will pop up like CBK, Tony, Greg? ( you in town?) , NGamer, and Blank. We might as well do it big :)

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I know this is really random, but I was wondering if anyone here had a thread to the Joker's Monthly that I was in where Port and Joker beat Fino and I in doubles Grand Finals? I'm applying for a gaming scholarship and it asks me for results of tournaments that I've competed in. If you guys don't, I understand. However, if someone does and could PM them to me, I'd really appreciate the gesture!

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Last night: I had a ton of fun. It was good seeing everyone again. Having 8 people showup was pretty cool. After getting beat down a TON...I leveled up a bit by the end of the night. I'm gonna knock out some work so I can play more often...because it felt good to finally get my usual 650% damage on Bpow and MJG and also letting them taste a 4 stock loss ;-)

@4rce: The results get over written after every monthly. That said you can search this thread and see if anyone pasted summary results. You were in top 2 so I'm sure you would pop up. I think there is a brawl thread that keeps track of results, and they happen to magically get joker's results, even though he only updates his front page. So maybe search for that also. The videos are posted online, so at the very least you could like the guys to those videos. They are labelled so they would clearly know you made it to grand finals. That's the best I can do.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Seriously?

brb, actually gonna get recording equipment and spending the next week playing megaman1/3/X as I am dangerously close/have already broken the record (Dan/this girl I dated last year have seen me break the MM1 wr before.)

Being #1 in Nebraska in brawl will obviously be at the top of my application, looooooooooooool

BPx

Smash Lord
yo joker, im not going to be using much wario in singles for awhile and kinda plan on using another character. i want to put a lot of work in my MK if you're going to make him legal again(you said you'd deal with it if the time comes), but if you don't want to i think i'm going to try to learn falco. just think about it and get back to me. if you legalize mk i think double mk should be banned, if that means anything

also games tonight?

PortCity

Smash Ace
I AM NOT TRYING TO START A DEBATE!!!!

That said...take a gander at the results and count the number of MK's. Also count the number of MK's on a team in top oh let's say...top 12 teams.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323963

We are converging to the Prisoner's Dilemma Nash Equilibrium :)

Edit: Enjoy this quote...

"Kain's is ****ing legit. I've never been ***** harder in Wolf vs. MK.." - SeagullMan So let me get this straight EVERYONE is developing their MK??? LOL

Soran

Smash Ace
Remember Brainshock alpha? I super hyped it and spread the word to everybody that I could and I didn't go.... hmm, that was fun times ; )

But ngamer should get that gaming scholarship.
even though he graduated....

[COLLAPSE="KOF Athena?"]
[/COLLAPSE]

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Bpx: Yeah, it was joke. Oops :) But yeah, MK took over the tourney. I bet 10$ that it will only get worse from here.

PortCity

Smash Ace
"Refraining" :)

PortCity likes this!

Yeah, "I AM NOT TRYING TO START A DEBATE!!!!" I was jointing something out. Ancedotal, and doesn't represent what will always happen.

BPx

Smash Lord
just figured i didn't need to go into it again, we obviously have different ideas about the matter and neither of us is going to change, realistically. lol

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Bpx: Good realization :) That said, I'm not so secretly collecting evidence. So when I do present my case...your only rebuttal will be "well they put him in the game!!!" :)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I probably won't come anymore if MK is legal to be honest.
Long way to travel just to lose to MK

BPx

Smash Lord
yooooooooooooooooooo wario ware is the ****, need spear pillar and rumble falls though

bridge of eldin is actually legal at SRT( japan national tourney ) for doubles, lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I probably won't come anymore if Wario Ware is legal to be honest.
Long way to travel just to lose on janky stages

BPx

Smash Lord
I probably won't come anymore if Wario Ware is legal to be honest.
Long way to travel just to lose on janky stages
If you ever decide to do that, come get me out of retirement and I'd really like to help out.

Outside of that, I've retired as a TO/player so the MW is free to do what it wants. I'd just hate to see us miss an opportunity that could be ours for the taking.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

oh phil

PortCity

Smash Ace
NICE post Joker! I have 1 simple prediction (ok maybe more)...the game WILL be balanced. If it is true that those namcobandai developers are on the job (are they really fighting game developers?!? anyway...) then that means Sakurai? is that his name? Actually gave up and said "let's allow the game to be played competitively". That means there won't be any Metaknights DOMINATING 95% of the cast. I hope they are smart about it and have a "Presets" option, that defaults to tournament settings, and gives easy access to options that can be turned on and off. Anyway, I'm kinda excited...mostly because Diddy won't get nerfed <----another prediction. If anything they will mistakenly buff him, because his limitations are painfully obvious when you think about him for 10 seconds or so. Anyway, that's my take. Overall goodnews. Plus if the new smash has a fighter feel to it...it will probably kill melee and brawl, and finally bring the 2 scenes together. I do see project M being the "Melee" to the new smash game. IT is just so radically different and customizeable that it will probably recieve side tournament status for some time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

gantrain05

Smash Master
oh im not sure about the megaman tourney, im thinkin im goin to the one on the 30th, plus i havent played megaman in probably like 6 years i'd be crusty as hell.

on another note, anyone need a crusty dubs partner for the 30th?

Top Bottom