• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
NICE post Joker! I have 1 simple prediction (ok maybe more)...the game WILL be balanced. If it is true that those namcobandai developers are on the job (are they really fighting game developers?!? anyway...) then that means Sakurai? is that his name? Actually gave up and said "let's allow the game to be played competitively". That means there won't be any Metaknights DOMINATING 95% of the cast. I hope they are smart about it and have a "Presets" option, that defaults to tournament settings, and gives easy access to options that can be turned on and off. Anyway, I'm kinda excited...mostly because Diddy won't get nerfed <----another prediction. If anything they will mistakenly buff him, because his limitations are painfully obvious when you think about him for 10 seconds or so. Anyway, that's my take. Overall goodnews. Plus if the new smash has a fighter feel to it...it will probably kill melee and brawl, and finally bring the 2 scenes together. I do see project M being the "Melee" to the new smash game. IT is just so radically different and customizeable that it will probably recieve side tournament status for some time.
Its being headed by some of the former Tales team, specifically the Vesperia director. I'm not sure what that means for balance, but that better mean we get super secret ougi's and cameos.

learn. learn. learn.

who plays mag? learn. learn.

I'm pretty sure if you TAC cancel/whatever it's called, you could get out of it easily..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JVk8Cfey0I
I've been experimenting with this. I have potential infinites with Dante, Dr. Strange, Doom and others. The glitch seems really finnicky however, and there's probably a reason certain characters make easier use of it. Trish's hopscotch for one has set hitstun.

§chizm

Smash Lord

Kuares

Pizza
I heard lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

still come bpow says you guys couldandcan
I guess I'm not going either :king:

Also, if Joker wasn't going to be patriotic for the 2nd/3th/4th, I got work off and would maybe like to over for gaming. Depending on who wants to go, right now it's just me and the new guy, maybe Soran if he wants but that's it, maybe Kintehr. Have to know if it's alright with him before I advertise the trip.

That and if Joker needs to study for his GED

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I guess I'm not going either :king:

Also, if Joker wasn't going to be patriotic for the 2nd/3th/4th, I got work off and would maybe like to over for gaming. Depending on who wants to go, right now it's just me and the new guy, maybe Soran if he wants but that's it, maybe Kintehr. Have to know if it's alright with him before I advertise the trip.

That and if Joker needs to study for his GED
Yeah I should be fine to play some games either of those days just give me a heads up if you do decide to come down ^.^

gantrain05

Smash Master
i thought we were coming? im driving and everything, just want to know who all is riding with and to let u know im gonna need a few bucks from everybody for gas cuz im poor games.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Sweet, I thought no one was coming.

Now I wish I would have made mike stay and play me more. Maybe I can convince someone on facebook to come over.

Actually I probably should practice melee since I haven't played that game in like 2 weeks.

Actually BK has 104 or something like that Chicken Sandwiches and I'll probably end up getting one of those and watching netflix.

If Netflix's servers are up. If not I might play melee.

Soran

Smash Ace
hmmm.. will I be home in time for work on sunday? probably not.. I'm not sure if I can work without sleep because work is physical now that I have to lift crates of produce / :

anyway, have you guys seen this? http://my.opera.com/sukekomashi-gaijin/blog/tonari-no-totoro?startidx=100

I expect Ngamer to know about this at least. A friend was telling us about this. I was kinda flipping out. And start crying sometimes because it's so scary.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I have decided that if Project X Zone doesnt get localized my years of service to this country will have been for not and I will perform harakiri in glorious fashion.
The game looks pretty sick so far. 200+ characters and not even a fourth of them have been revealed yet. I'm only interested because of X and Zero though, maybe Sonic and Tails/Knuckles/Shadow when they're announced. Right now I'm kinda questioning how easy it is to combo in this game because that's all the trailer shows people doing.

Soran

Smash Ace
@BOLT08

do you play XBL?
I feel like I encountered you on Halo Reach. If not, cool.

A guy/gal had the GT: LIGHTNINGB0LT08

Kuares

Pizza
I'm not sure if I can work without sleep because work is physical now that I have to lift crates of produce / :
Daw, Soran's becoming a little weight-lifter :3

We were planning on leaving before supper time so we'll probably end up leaving Cedar Rapids around 10:00-11. Play some games and then leave Joker's 6:00ish.

Hi Iowa how are you
Good evening Mr. Bond, I've been expecting you.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
In a Nintendo Power's latest issues Masahiro Sakurai, the director for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game was asked about the difficulities in making a new Smash Bros. considering the amount of content including in the previous games.

“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive…. In terms of quantity, we’ve probably already reached the limit of what’s feasible. I think a change of direction may be what’s needed.”

Soran

Smash Ace
Gundam Extreme Vs. was at Evo :c
oh, my gosh. I will go next year if it's there again. Since I'm actually good at EXVS......

gantrain05

Smash Master
i enjoyed ffxii, maybe not in a final fantasy way, but still...as a game it was still hella good, although nothing beats final fantasy V and its *****in job class system, except maybe VI, both of those however i feel are better than any of the psx installments which seem to get all the hype. still 7 was my favorite for a long time and still think 9 is really good. 8....i don't know where that falls, probably like bottom 5 for me.

Soran

Smash Ace
I really liked VIII at first. But what is up with the enemies leveling with you?

Squall is pretty G though.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
FF8 has Irvine who has guns.

And Gunblades.

Also JLO as usual we agree on the important things, FFV is the best in the series as far as in game mechanics, I would also argue that the dungeon design is pretty awesome especially after world 1. If FFV had better character development and story it would be the best.

FF9 is the best in terms of overall everything. It's like top 3 in everything, music, characters, story, side quests, dungeon layout, graphic design, etc...

FF12 and beyound was just star ocean 3 done generic. Why did Enix merge with square, that was so bad. Where did Workings Designs go :(((((((((((((((((((((((

Top Bottom