• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
I'll be seeing you guys after monday. I found out my exam is on Tuesday not Thursday. Ummm....yeah....I'm out....

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lucario is super fun in P:M. I will come to this coming Joker's if anyone brings it and we can have casuals.

resTy

Smash Champion
Even though I won the vast majority of my matches in P:M, it's still a baddie; or rather, I don't understand the game enough yet. It's like Melee, except the priority of moves are on a whole new level of jacked up. That said, Sheik and Fox are easily top tier still. And my Mario is teh r@pe.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
If it still uses Brawl priority then it should still be mix of some disjointed hierarchy + higher damage attacks win.

:phone:

resTy

Smash Champion
Priority was more of a timing thing than "x move beats y move" in Melee. At least that's how I see it. I was out timing a lot of stuff and getting stuffed for some reason still. Usually when you throw a move, the first few frames have the highest priority and the middle and ending frames have lower priority than the initial frames.

In P:M, it felt like moves that sit out there for a while had extremely high priority or moves that shouldn't have much priority did. An example of what I'm talking about was how a dash attack out prioritizes Fox's Nair when it shouldn't. I was predicting dash attacks like it was my job and throwing Nairs at the perfect timing, at least if it was Melee it would have been spot on, and I would still have to pray that my move would win because it's a 50/50 in this game.

Another weird one that I still don't want to acknowledge is Link's Boomerang. I was throwing moves at that thing because normally, any normal attack in the game will beat out a projectile, except Falco's Laser. It was beating out better timed Nairs and tilts, which shouldn't ever happen.

The game is like Melee but even more random because the priorities are jacked up. In my opinion, it's not even like Melee because you have to completely relearn every move's priority :/ They should have kept things original instead of trying to be creative. All we want is Melee v2.0.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Priority is kinda hard-coded I believe. Clashing with swords and whatnot. I'm not the best for explaining that I guess.

I just want whatever is more fun to play, I don't even expect the game to be very balanced.

Side-note: SEGA makes good racing games.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah I think Link's projectiles are a bit too strong shooting an arrow without charging it will have a pretty nasty knock back the boomerang not only did it made it easy to get in but if you hit with it you get a free combo otherwise it will just hit on the way back if I'm being punish the bombs are pretty much needed for his recovery however the timing for it is different from the first version also I couldn't bomb recover it just clashes with it and bounces it back up but I think his bombs are not as useful like I found myself using the boomerang more often also Link is still restricted to the two bombs on screen.

Also P:M still has Brawls DI meaning a lot of stuff that should definetly kill in Melee it won't here for example I got Up-Smash by Fox around 130% or so and survived cause I DI behind him like I was in front when I got hit but teleported behind him and aimed for the corner to live >.< I got spiked with Falco and just SDI towards the stage even Fox's shine can you SDI so gimping in this game should be harder.

By the way I actually like playing P:M only because it helps my DI and SDI since is the same as regular Brawl but because everything is so fast I have to react faster while in Brawl you tend to freeze for a bit so like it gives you time to DI ^.^

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Characters are smaller, but yeah brawl DI does make things last longer. I feel like a lot of things that would kill with Peach in Melee still feel as weak as Brawl.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be in Ames on Saturday for my brother's graduation. Talking to BPow about playing some games.

Is anyone else going to be in the area?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I want to try to go to this, so I need to know if there is anyone between des moins and STL that I can maybe meet halfway and get a ride from.

I also have to switch days at work to go to this so if anyone knows of someone I can get a ride with please reply asap.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I'm going to be in Ames on Saturday for my brother's graduation. Talking to BPow about playing some games.

Is anyone else going to be in the area?
Well my tourney is that day and chances are is going to go till at least 10pm or so you should definitively drop by if even for a bit ^.^

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yo Zyroqua do you know how late you and your sister are staying on Saturday I'm just wondering cause I'm doing doubles first and won't be doing nothing other then calling matches so if it's kool could she bring her monitor otherwise we'll have to play Marvel on the somewhat laggy tv XP

kintehr

Smash Apprentice
Yo Zyroqua do you know how late you and your sister are staying on Saturday I'm just wondering cause I'm doing doubles first and won't be doing nothing other then calling matches so if it's kool could she bring her monitor otherwise we'll have to play Marvel on the somewhat laggy tv XP
Thinking about leaving 5:00~6:00 (got errands in Iowa City eveningtime). Going to arrive in Ames around 10:00 and if all goes well we'll be there 12:00~1:00.
Not sure how much stuff Kuares has to stuff my car with, so unless you reaaally want the monitor, I was going to leave the setup at home and find a nice corner/coffee-shop to finish AS3 101.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Thinking about leaving 5:00~6:00 (got errands in Iowa City eveningtime). Going to arrive in Ames around 10:00 and if all goes well we'll be there 12:00~1:00.
Not sure how much stuff Kuares has to stuff my car with, so unless you reaaally want the monitor, I was going to leave the setup at home and find a nice corner/coffee-shop to finish AS3 101.
Yeah we only need the monitor to make things easier to play Marvel since the tv I have lags a bit but yeah you don't have too since we are only doing casuals so my tv should be fine ^.^

Dnyce

Smash Master
I don't think yoshq can make it... :(

Anyone want to team? text me (913-seven87-five282) - we about to leave here soon

Soran

Smash Ace
What games are everyone playing? Still on that Marvel? How about SFxT? I like that game considerably better than Marvel. I was just naturally bad at Marvel anyway. I didn't want to feel scrubby so I tried ultra-technical characters/play-style and I wasn't able to keep up. Otherwise I would've stuck to super simple zero combos and had my take at the cake.

Right now I'm playing BBCS EX and waiting for P4U and TTT2 : )
I'm just trying to play single player games and MW3 right now.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
it was fun seeing everyone again. glad I got to see MJ and Fino even tho they didn't really remember me. Also cool meeting BPow's roommates and the other guy from Kansas. Thanks for housing me Joker, and thanks for everyone who played me for putting of with my relative slow reaction times. Kind of tough to get back in the game after such a long hiatus but it was a blast.

I'll try to make it back again this summer.
-Andy

BOLT08

Smash Lord
So I leave next Thursday-ish for Montana for the whole summer. I would like to get some games in before I go.

How would early Tuesday afternoon work?

PortCity

Smash Ace
@tether recoveries: Why do people with tether recoveries EVER DI down? I'm sorry I don't care if I was playing against snake and his uptilt....it hurts WAY too much to get hit, di down and die at 50% because you are a tether character :-\

@Debo: If i'm in town we can play but i might be going to shreveport for a funeral.

Soran

Smash Ace
Playstation All-stars Battle Royale looks like poop.
Marth is absent....

I saw Avengers TWICE!
second time was with a girl ; ) #giggity

Does anybody like Iron Man as much as I do? Awwww yeah! UNIBEAM! He does lots of Repulsor Blast in the movie I think we can all appreciate. I actually played him in Marvel 3.. a very basic.. Iron Man but I played him nonetheless.

BPx

Smash Lord
I'm sorry I don't care if I was playing against snake and his uptilt....
???????????????????????????

di'ing down against snake's utilt would have NO effect. i think you meant di left/right. and tether characters can di down->tether to live at insane %s sometimes, its situational but it is a use

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MJG and Bpx: Yeah, you both are right. I meant to say left or right, I was just so frustrated watching this ZSS play that I just started typing recklessly. She was kicking butt then got caught di'ng down multiple times (didn't tether the ledge) and was left with no chance at coming back.

Top Bottom