• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Idk about fifa, i was more referring to madden/ncaa. I know they've improved drastically over the years, but a few years ago I was able to play them and just throw a hail mary every play, even on 4th down. Usually, at least once I would complete the pass. If not, then the next series for sure.

Sports games are just boring. Go watch the sport, or actually play it.

The thing I hate about COD. Everyone thinks they are the best at it. I've NEVER heard someone say, "meh, I'm alright." It's always "DUDE IM SOOO GOOD." No offense, NOM. It's just an observation.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
also, Joker, you should try to find out if you could do the tourney on the 23rd. That'd be sweet :D
Maybe you should stop telling me what to do how about that 0.0
But cereal I think that should be fine seeing as T.P has one on the 16th and Aura on the 30th so yeah.
By the way any plans for Minnesota this weekend o.0

This is Peeks for those who don't know about it. Get like him!
I used to sleep with that guy ^.^

I'm the NerdGamer3k.
That's right embrace it.

Is it just me or has Joker not posted on here in awhile? He must be loving up that PS3 :p
You know it plus since all of my old save files are pretty much gone I have to replay a bunch of games but luckily my trophies are still there ^.^

Also I lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCutUi2kaY

BPx

Smash Lord
yeah, didn't mean to bug you, just was reading other boards and people wanted to come/didn't know when it was. Uh, I think dustin is going to MN for cod, and i was going to gank the last seat in his car :[

THuGz

Smash Lord
I like the Zero series, other than that, 100% agreed.

Halo 2 was one of the most disappointing games of all time.

And I made aprox 2K playing madden :)
Just because the majority of the Halo community is a bunch of bros, and the skill cap on the shooting aspect of the game is pretty low, Halo is as legit as a shooter gets on the console. Also, I was good at that game so no hate :3

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
The thing I hate about COD. Everyone thinks they are the best at it. I've NEVER heard someone say, "meh, I'm alright." It's always "DUDE IM SOOO GOOD." No offense, NOM. It's just an observation.
Well I am pretty good at the game but if someone is better than me i will admit it and not make johns about them being better :p.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Just because the majority of the Halo community is a bunch of bros, and the skill cap on the shooting aspect of the game is pretty low, Halo is as legit as a shooter gets on the console. Also, I was good at that game so no hate :3
Reach has a pretty high skill cap unlike halo 2, but halo 3 also had a pretty high skill cap.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
i was more referring to madden/ncaa. I know they've improved drastically over the years, but a few years ago I was able to play them and just throw a hail mary every play, even on 4th down.
You are obviously playing against a CPU or someone who doesn't know about coverage schemes/the ability to play as a Corner or Safety to intercept the ball. If you throw deep, I'll beat you 80-0, as the Detroit Lions. Also, Madden/NCAA have gotten worse since they moved to the new Generation Systems, PS3/XBOX360 Madden are worse than Playstation 1 madden. PS2/Gamecube Madden 2005-2008 are incredible games.

I don't care about the community, the fact is that Halo 2 was a step down from Halo 1 in every direction other than graphics and having a sword. Player design, Character physics, Level design and weapons are all worse.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
And now a whole new Saga begins. Will our heroes find out who's the best at whatever game they're good at. Tune in and find out on Dragon Ball Z.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
You are obviously playing against a CPU or someone who doesn't know about coverage schemes/the ability to play as a Corner or Safety to intercept the ball. If you throw deep, I'll beat you 80-0, as the Detroit Lions. Also, Madden/NCAA have gotten worse since they moved to the new Generation Systems, PS3/XBOX360 Madden are worse than Playstation 1 madden. PS2/Gamecube Madden 2005-2008 are incredible games.

I don't care about the community, the fact is that Halo 2 was a step down from Halo 1 in every direction other than graphics and having a sword. Player design, Character physics, Level design and weapons are all worse.

Quit trying to legitimize sports games. They're boring and stupid. It's for people who aren't actually good at that sport, but like to be able to say "well oh yeah? I can beat you in NCAA2009!!!" For example, would you play a swimming game? No.

I loved halo2. Did it take less skill? Duh. Melee was OP, BR was OP, and Plasma pistol was OP. However, i LOVED the levels in halo2. Better than the garbage in Halo3. I hated every single one of those.

Reach is sick though, the multi-player on that is too good.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Actually, I'm on record of saying Mega Man 8 is better than 7 because Mega Man can swim. And There is an Olympic game for the genesis with Swimming that was kinda fun.

Ice Hockey and NBA Jam being two exceptions, I don't like sports games, but those are zany fun arcade style games. Thing about Madden is I have a pretty excellent knowledge of defensive schemes in football, and I made 2000 dollars playing madden, so yeah, I'll legitimize Madden :)

BPx

Smash Lord
Yeah, the logic behind "CAN'T PLAY A SPORT BUT I'LL BEAT YOU AT THE VIDEO GAME VERSION" is kinda dumb. FIFA is actually played competitively worldwide. I believe its the only sports game that the World Cyber Games has on its roster?

"Would you play a swimming game?"
I would if they could make the mechanics fun and enjoyable. That's a problem with the activity, not porting it to game format. See: QWOP.

:-/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nah I'm just messing with ya. But 2k? How is it you're broke all the time?
I buy a lot of w33d, and I have a lot of bad luck in regards to theft, cars breaking down, and I can't really drive 5 hours, play brawl for 3 hours, and drive 5 hours by myself back.

Yeah, the logic behind "CAN'T PLAY A SPORT BUT I'LL BEAT YOU AT THE VIDEO GAME VERSION" is kinda dumb. FIFA is actually played competitively worldwide. I believe its the only sports game that the World Cyber Games has on its roster?

"Would you play a swimming game?"
I would if they could make the mechanics fun and enjoyable. That's a problem with the activity, not porting it to game format. See: QWOP.

:-/
What if I could beat you guys in the sport and the game for it? Also, yeah, Fifa is pretty legit around the world. And yeah, making a swimming game fun would be somewhere between a Mario Party Mini Game and something that's actually kinda fun.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Must just be my logic then. I am fairly athletic so I never have the urge to sit there and play a game about a sport. I'd rather just go play the sport

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Must just be my logic then. I am fairly athletic so I never have the urge to sit there and play a game about a sport. I'd rather just go play the sport
I agree with this, but when you are drunk and your friends suck at fighting games, Madden is a decent alternative to them *****ing about "having to watch me play mega man for the billionth time".

Kuares

Pizza
And now a whole new Saga begins. Will our heroes find out who's the best at whatever game they're good at. Tune in and find out on Dragon Ball Z.
Coming up next time on Dragon Ball Z...
-There's tenseness in the air as our hero's wait for the calling of the Next Joker's Tournament. Everyday passes as they train for the trials they must soon undertake but the question is, will that be enough?
-Gamegenie and Zephyros have a battle of the Blue Falcon's but things are looking grim for Gamegenie as his first stock is lost to the tilting of Lylat Cruise.
-Iowa Brawlers have their Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament, the competitors are ready but who will stand up on top?
-Smashers mysteriously vanish and are unheard of for weeks, MegaRobman seeks to uncover the mystery of this mystery, but soon discovers something more mysterious than anyone could imagine.
-A new foe approaches, inside the peaceful Nebraska/Iowa borders there is a player who's developing a secret weapon to use against the fighters. Will anyone be able to stop this menace?​

PortCity

Smash Ace
That is the sad reality that we trash talkers have to deal with...people who can't keep their emotions in check and inside the game. :) It was a sucker punch and to someone who ain't even playing...lame. Irony is though....if his trash talk / commentary had been funny, that dude would have never swung, cause he knows he would have been mobbed. When I trash talk, I make sure the crowd is entertained :)...the crowd will protect me to keep the lulz coming :)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
-There's tenseness in the air as our hero's wait for the calling of the Next Joker's Tournament. Everyday passes as they train for the trials they must soon undertake but the question is, will that be enough?
-Gamegenie and Zephyros have a battle of the Blue Falcon's but things are looking grim for Gamegenie as his first stock is lost to the tilting of Lylat Cruise.
-Iowa Brawlers have their Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament, the competitors are ready but who will stand up on top?
-Smashers mysteriously vanish and are unheard of for weeks, MegaRobman seeks to uncover the mystery of this mystery, but soon discovers something more mysterious than anyone could imagine.
-A new foe approaches, inside the peaceful Nebraska/Iowa borders there is a player who's developing a secret weapon to use against the fighters. Will anyone be able to stop this menace?​
ROFL this is too good.

gantrain05

Smash Master
if jokers tournaments are sagas of DBZ then i must be yamcha cuz i never train but i sometimes enter and do terrible.

also, now i want to play ice hockey =/ that game is the ****.

also i agree with rob megaman 8 was a tiny tiny tiny fraction less terrible than megaman 7, i couldn't actually play either one to the end but...i wanted to kill myself less while playing 8.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MRM-Where'd the Nebraska brawl scene go? It's almost as if every one has VANISHED! This is really going to distract me from my training for the next tournament.

Troll Account-Mwahahaha, you're pathetic looking for your companions

MRM-A new Foe! Who are you?

Troll Account-You will learn to scream my name in agony later, for now I must see to it that my plans for destruction of your puny scene further in torment.

MRM-That guy looked pretty familiar. Almost like Jackie Chan. I must follow him! I can't train without other people! This really bites, great, now I'll be distracted from my training for the next tournament.

There is quite a dynamic to this story.

I've played NCAA and Madden in tournaments and won them. Get at me.
I'll play you.

Soran

Smash Ace
EVANGELION!!!!!

I got it last night. But I still don't have 1.11 T~T

Ngamer, do you know anywhere in CR I could get 1.11? Best Buy like, doesn't have it. correct me if I'm wrong. I think I'll double check anyway. But if you know they have it, spill ittt!

PortCity

Smash Ace
Ummm... Brandon...there is a song I want you to listen to....

Rick Ross - Where My Money? (I Need Cash)

;-D oh yeah, and let Colin listen to the song too...

(Justin Timberlake and Black Eyed Peas)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If it was hard to play madden the average drunk college dropout wouldnt be good at it.
It is kinda hard to play madden. PASSING you have to know where the wide recievers are going to be based on if it is man or zone coverage or a blitz while keeping track of your o-line protection, because your progression should change RUNNING you have to know exactly where your line is going to protect you, where the fullback is going to run to when you are running the ball. Maintaining awareness of where key players of on the field are at is key.

i don't play madden, if i play a football game i play blitz 2001 cuz its super pro
The best football game is called Mutant League Football for the Genesis, the Hockey one is also a lot of fun.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Then explain why drunk college dropouts are good, last time i checked anything requiring talent you dont excel at while drunk. Plus you dont need to know ****. When you highlight a play it spells it out for you right there and you know what every player will do. Its just an ungraceful game of rochambo. "I will choose this play and hope that it goes good against the one you choose" Trust me, I know how football works and it doesnt take much. Thats why Americans created it in the first place.

HQYZ

Smash Apprentice
Besides, Mega Man Zero I don't really care what you like...

I know that game. I actually played it for a while.. along with Jedi Outcast; the Goldeneye of last gen. Don't even count Halo 2. Okay, that tied with Halo 2. But only because it takes the cake for lan party dayz

Nobody plays Gundam Vs. Gundam.... besides me. I actually found an Iowa person who plays that game pretty well. Random-ass story about how I met him. But I have a Ph.D in THAT game.
I played Jedi Outcast to death actually. I loved that game. We never really DID much though. Duels and hunt for glitches in the map lol.

Then explain why drunk college dropouts are good, last time i checked anything requiring talent you dont excel at while drunk. Plus you dont need to know ****. When you highlight a play it spells it out for you right there and you know what every player will do. Its just an ungraceful game of rochambo. "I will choose this play and hope that it goes good against the one you choose" Trust me, I know how football works and it doesnt take much. Thats why Americans created it in the first place.
What are you? A Water Polo fan or something?

Plus, me and BPx dominated kids in SC2 when we were falling down drunk.

On a sidenote - PortCity we should play Q3A sometime. I never played nearly as much as UT but they have enough similarities [coughrailguncough] that skill in one let you be at least mediocre in the other.

And on a double sidenote - Anyone play the MK9 demo? I thought it was pretty legit :)

BOLT08

Smash Lord
This is win.

Also HQ-whatever the other 2 letters are. You just lost credibility. You beat "kids". The point he is making I think is more along the lines of

2 People face each other in something they are equally good at. One person is drunk.
The drunk person will lose 99% of the time. Try fighting a drunk person when you're sober for example. It's hilarious. Cause when you're drunk you perceive yourself as being this almighty god, but in reality, you look like a fool.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm just saying I would **** this theory to pieces and I haven't played madden in 3 years, if you just choose plays and aren't playing against my coverage or where you are located on the field, it's gonna be 4th down or a turnover really fast.

Like your anti-american spirit though, champ!

2 People face each other in something they are equally good at. One person is drunk. The drunk person will lose 99% of the time. Try fighting a drunk person when you're sober for example. It's hilarious. Cause when you're drunk you perceive yourself as being this almighty god, but in reality, you look like a fool.
I mean, this all depends on if they are state-dependent. If this person only plays Madden when drunk they will excel at it when drunk. I know from a pot-head POV I feel weird when I play smash sober. This drunk madden player might have more guts and make a tight throw for 30 yards instead of the short, open rout for 4 yards, causing a last second field goal.

Top Bottom