• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
I work till 3 so I wouldn't be able to go unless I drove up there myself after I'm off or something. I have to work this weekend because I didn't last weekend because I thought the date was going to be changed. :rolleyes:

resTy

Smash Champion

Unrelated to anything, but I finally found this friggin gif and I'm happy now.
If you're a scrub, that is Taiga from Toradora; my second favorite anime character of all time.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
shermans sounds legit...i wish i could go but i have work and i think i wana work until i go to japan..so april 3rd will be my last tournament i will enter...until fall...but ill still play games and go to jokers monthlys just not enter any cuz money is really tight for me now...>_<

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
i'd totally go to shermans, just tell me when and i'll try to be at ur place.
Well it's this Saturday so if you could get here on Friday it will make things so much ezier unless Razor ends up going in which case he could probably just get you Saturday morning.

Wow, Zash too. Maybe I'll see what I can do go up. Would there be a spot for me?
sigh you would I have to team with Trent cause I owe him one still we need to team there for friendlies to show what Why So Serious? is all about ^.^

I guess I would like a Spot also. Jake, we should team if you go.
I think as of now this are the people wanting to go:
Peeks, Zash, Joker, Gantrain, Love and Razor so yeah.

is shermans about to get REAL?!?

I just love this picture

GET HYPE!!!

§chizm

Smash Lord
Well poop, I have to go now if Zash is gonna be there. I'mma probably head up there after work so I'd be there around the time that singles starts or something.

Also if people are up for games tonight and shiz let me knowwww.

Cook

Smash Master
Joker, what's the name of the screaming song you have on Yoshi's Island?

Also, Green Greens is legal at MLG??? Along with PS2 and Norfair. That means IA better go to the event in Columbus!

PortCity

Smash Ace
@MLG: Good Stage List!

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege (0_o wtf...is you serious...my counterpick is a starter?!?!)
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All we need is what Luigi's, Distant Planet, and Port Aero Drive and we will have a BALL! :)

The stage strike system is pretty good too. Higher ranked strikes 3, lower ranked strikes 4, higher chooses of the last 2. That is gravy for me, cause that means, I'll probably ALWAYS be playing on a stage I'm good at..ala...Final Destination, Smashville, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Pokémon Stadium, or Yoshi's Island

The Ledge Grab limit is 35. I'm not expert or anything, but that seems SUPER small. It sounds like there will be virtually NO planking, and even multiple ledge grabs to feign getting back up will be put to a limit. I think that is a good number. When I play, I'll start checking and seeing how many ledge grabs I use, to get a feel for that number.

@Joker: Looks like doubles is being held on June 6th (a Sunday). It appears that despite it is a dang near 11 hour drive, I probably can go. That being said, you and I could team for this and go down there. Of course, you are my second choice :-D, if Mara comes back this summer then I will team with him, but if not I want to go and team with you. We (me, Glimmer, potentially mara and 2 other people) would probably leave Thursday or early Friday. Mara, Glimmer and I would do our thing on Friday night and Saturday and meet up for practice Saturday night and Sunday. Let me know if you are interested.

@Jake: ^ Above applies to you too...if You and Joker aren't teaming...you have the exact same invitation

@Andy: ^ Same applies to you too....but put you down third cause I figure you will be working.

@Bolt: ^ Same applies to you too...if you haven't given up on brawl by then and have gotten some REALLY good practice in.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Joker, what's the name of the screaming song you have on Yoshi's Island?

Also, Green Greens is legal at MLG??? Along with PS2 and Norfair. That means IA better go to the event in Columbus!
The song you're talking about is Okkusenman (I'm assuming).
Why the hell are those stages counterpicks. Especially Norfair...

MLG shiz.
That stage striking system ***** ICs.
CS/DP as starters is dumb. I'm assuming the reason they're on is that it makes it more balanced for non-MK chars but it's still dumb.
People may actually be up for that MLG since it's in OH and like 3 months away.

Brawl and their silly counterpicks.
Might as well allow all levels.
At one point they had Team Attack OFF in the rules but they fixed it.

Anyone up for games tomorrow night per usual? I would've been tonight but I had a doctor's appt I forgot about and now I feel like shit.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Brawl sucks because of the counterpicks.
The Midwest sucks because they counterpick gay stages.
Midwest is gay and stupid and sucks at everything.
/venting

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Well it's this Saturday so if you could get here on Friday it will make things so much ezier unless Razor ends up going in which case he could probably just get you Saturday morning.

sigh you would I have to team with Trent cause I owe him one still we need to team there for friendlies to show what Why So Serious? is all about ^.^

I think as of now this are the people wanting to go:
Peeks, Zash, Joker, Gantrain, Love and Razor so yeah.

I just love this picture

GET HYPE!!!
I was refering to this btw from the eariler post.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Schizm's new avatar broke everyone elses and made us faceless nobodies. His is the only one I can see.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
MLG said the avatars were out for awhile, you can just re-upload them now and you'll be able to see them again.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
You work like every day.
When do you not work? I thought you had Thursdays off or something.
well i usually work 4 times a week, sometimes 5 if they want to load more hours onto me. but yeah i pretty much do work like everyday cause they like to piss me off so i cant do anything about that. pretty much i cant really find time for games any time soon after this next monthly. so im just gonna stop complaining cause im just making myself sad ;_;

Kudou, I approve.
yeah i like Taeyeon and SNSD too much now. im liking T-ara and Beast a lot as well

Uli

Smash Champion
well i usually work 4 times a week, sometimes 5 if they want to load more hours onto me. but yeah i pretty much do work like everyday cause they like to piss me off so i cant do anything about that. pretty much i cant really find time for games any time soon after this next monthly. so im just gonna stop complaining cause im just making myself sad ;_;

yeah i like Taeyeon and SNSD too much now. im liking T-ara and Beast a lot as well
damnit kudou i havent seen you in forever!
also T-ara is awesome
BEG is da best though :3

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Christian, how are the vids going? Still having trouble?
Yeah quality is decent but really the problem is the sound maybe is my laptop not sure but hopefully when Sekku comes down for games sometime I should ask him for help ^.^

sometimes 5 if CBK want to load more hours onto me ;_;
^Fix one of this days CBK one of this days >.<

Top Bottom