• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

resTy

Smash Champion
Oh wait, I keep forgetting that it's Easter weekend this weekend.
I think JBM said he might not be able to make it either XD.
Although, that might have just been my imagination.

Uli

Smash Champion
if no one else goes i dont think ill be coming either
there has been a bunch of tournys week after week and its hurting my wallet D:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah all these tourneys in a row hurts the jobless smash folk lol. The only reason I can make this tourney at all is because its less then 10 minutes away.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Greetings from Texas, Iowa. Grinell College just accepted me to attend their university, and I might possibly be going. How's the smash scene up here, and about how far is Joker's from where I'll be going to school?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Greetings from Texas, Iowa. Grinell College just accepted me to attend their university, and I might possibly be going. How's the smash scene up here, and about how far is Joker's from where I'll be going to school?
Uhhhhh I think there are kids from Grinnell that creep the scene, so you could try and hitch a ride with them since I think it's a little bit of a drive. Then again, I don't math or map, so in my head it could be anywhere from an hour to two hours away. >_>

Google maps ftw? Just put in your college's address and Joker's address on the first page for a legit estimate. :)

As for the smash scene, our tourneys range from 20-50 turn outs depending upon hype. When we teamed with Redemption? was it? we had epic numbers, but lately (especially with awkward dates like easter weekend :p) the numbers are more 20-40 I thiiink.

Oh but get hype. m2k is coming to one of these and he's teaming with meee. <_< >_>

Edit: nvm I was bored so I google'd it for you. It's 55.2 miles, 1 hour and 2 minutes away. Yay, it was within my estimate!

Afrayail

Smash Ace
man I suck at melee but if we team in that my chances of winning at least one match this time increase by nearly 100%. Mostly it'd be awesome to have m2k and m2q rockin it..... rofl

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Are you going to force M2K to play on your Wii? Because he must play himself in every match or else him coming is a complete waste.

Uli

Smash Champion
Oh but get hype. m2k is coming to one of these and he's teaming with meee. <_< >_>
i remember you told me about this XD
should be cool, do you know which one he wants to come too?

japan is superior, not even joking

MN is coming reagrdless of turnout

comon guys, lets gooooo!

make that 7 for MN

including 2 melee players
2 melee folks eh? if none of us go they are going to be sorely disappointed lol

Poolco

Smash Rookie
Hey dudes. Expect 2 more for this Saturday. A buddy and I are taking our first trip to a tourney. Hope to get some good smashing in. Cya then.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Bring NeoMagic or I boycott this monthly.

I dunno if I'll be going. Last place i really want to go this weekend after two funfests is a srs Brawl tourney. That and I'm feeling kinda down, but I need to return Joker's hoody.

Btw Joker I'm sorry for not keeping track of your controller. If you are not satisfied with the sticks I gave you keep the silver controller I left at your house. As far as I know there are no problems with it.

Birds are chirping and I haven't slept yet. You guys don't even know...

Top Bottom