• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Hey! You people!

/hug
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOY!!!

If you guys are worried about sc taking long but love sc like I do then lets just best of 1 game on the map Python till finals.

Say 8 people enter and the average game takes 30 mins (thats way longer than the actual average [which is 12.5 minutes]). That means ro8 takes 30, ro4 takes 30, then its just placement.

I see a tourny like that taking 3 hours tops for 8 people.

A tournament like that can work around the other events of course.
See here's the thing we play the game but we are just noobs at least I am >.<
Point being chances are every game is going to go for at least 30mins or so which it will stall the other tourneys and since we have like 5 tourneys going for Brawl we need no stalling but Fastest Map will work mainly cause is. . . . .fast anyways we just play it for fun so yeah <(^.^<)

Jake forgot his password like a donk so he wanted me ask if Low Tier was going to be 5 dollars (since you said something about 4 events would be $20).
How do you forget your password o.0
Anyways yeah low tiers can either be $1-5 I just figure people will rather do a dollar but I good with either.

ngamer is korean

hes gonna play
Well then that means he already won GG ^.^

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I vote for 1$ low tier.

Also if we're going to do tournament mode for Melee again, no more 4 minute timer looooool.

lvl 1

Smash Rookie
@ afrayail: heard you where giving jlowe a ride and didn't know if he mentioned my name at all... just wondering if i can ride down with y'all to joker's place...

gantrain05

Smash Master
If you guys are worried about sc taking long but love sc like I do then lets just best of 1 game on the map Python till finals.

Say 8 people enter and the average game takes 30 mins (thats way longer than the actual average [which is 12.5 minutes]). That means ro8 takes 30, ro4 takes 30, then its just placement.

I see a tourny like that taking 3 hours tops for 8 people.

A tournament like that can work around the other events of course.

I love sc, Brawl has always been my secondary game but it has more of a real scene at the local level. I would absolutely love to play some face to face for even a minor stake.

Ill see about bringing one setup at least for brawl. I *will* bring a mobile sc setup.

stttaaarrrrr crraaffftttttt

and

LT aint really a "balanced" map. I prefer a more standard map such as Fighting Spirit, Medusa, Python, Destination... anything from the current pro scene.

If your legit non money maps is the iCCup map list then ya, like 95% of that is fine!

You got a ladder rank son?
got a ladder rank from like 6 years ago lmao, haven't used B.net for a while, tired of the hacks, its just LAN play nowadays.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I'm planning on giving Jlo a ride if he still needs it, and he did mention a friend was coming. I suppose I assumed it was Jacob; is that you? :p

Let me know where to get you guys at. We're not picking up the Carlisle guy anymore, so there shouldn't be any time issues. I think we were planning on heading over to a copy place around 11 which shouldn't take long, then we can head over and get you guys.

Edit: Connor works tonight and would rather sleep in a bit tomorrow, so we'll probably plan on heading to the copy place around 11:30 or 12 instead.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Joker I plan on being there around 1130 or so. I don't think I'm gonna bring a set up. Too much of a pain to move my tv and stuff.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I'm planning on giving Jlo a ride if he still needs it, and he did mention a friend was coming. I suppose I assumed it was Jacob; is that you? :p

Let me know where to get you guys at. We're not picking up the Carlisle guy anymore, so there shouldn't be any time issues. I think we were planning on heading over to a copy place around 11 which shouldn't take long, then we can head over and get you guys.

Edit: Connor works tonight and would rather sleep in a bit tomorrow, so we'll probably plan on heading to the copy place around 11:30 or 12 instead.
well unfortunately we are kinda stuck in maxwell, if thats not a problem for you to pick us up there, otherwise we could possibly find some way to a place more convenient.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
When does the first tournament start? Same time as always?
so what time are games starting tomorrow?is Neb. showing up?
I'm hoping to start by 1pm so if people can get here before then to start sign ups around noon that will be kool >.0

this is what happens when u dont use the same password for everything \(^o^)/
lol I know XD

Joker I plan on being there around 1130 or so. I don't think I'm gonna bring a set up. Too much of a pain to move my tv and stuff.
Well right now I have like 4 TVs extras we can use for Brawl since I don't think we're going to have Melee at least not tourney but could use one of them for Melee either way Bolt just bring a Wii/Brawl not sure who's all bringing anything but I like to have some extras if anything.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Hey guys, if you could compile a list of gym leader interest again, I'm going to post it on the anime iowa forums. I'll post this initial list and whenever you want to reply, take the most recent list in the post before yours and just add your name to it.

Gym leaders:

Sabrina - Afrayail

So the next person should copy that, add their name, and the person after that copy theirs, etc ^_^ I might just make a blog or something to keep track of it.. it'd be easier >.> we'll see how this goes.

vaderseven

Smash Apprentice
got a ladder rank from like 6 years ago lmao, haven't used B.net for a while, tired of the hacks, its just LAN play nowadays.
www.iccup.com

bnet is lame dawg

LAN play is hard to find these days, thats why im all like pumped for any actual lan play.

yink, ngamer, and I should be leaving IC around 1030ish.

We are bringing blakes TV / wii.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
We should hold a $1 Melee Tournament. People only like Low Tier because they suck and can't compete in regular tournies. Cya scrubs tomorrow.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I do want a 1$ Melee tourney either double elim or round robin or something. Tournament mode sucks even more then a regular tourney.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'd be down for melee. Time for me to beat Tysahhhhh. I'm gonna be leaving here in like 20 mins or so Joker. I'll bring my wii, and my awesome mohawk.

Cook - :( we'll misssss youuu

I don't think I'm forgetting anything else? I'm broke as a joker fyi, i'm literally using my last bit of money for the month for gas to get here. So no MM for meee.

vaderseven

Smash Apprentice
StarCraft rocked. Despite comp crashes and the like...

10 entered. 1 dollar apiece.

1st Prize : 9 dollars.
2nd Prize : 1 dollar.

Entries :
VaderSeven
Twink
Joker
Daniel
1der
Jlo
Schism
Zeal
Neon
Ngamer

Placement -

1st - VaderSeven
2nd - Ngamer
4th - Jlo and Joker
10th - All the rest

Really good games guys.

Ill post some youtube commentated videos (imma NERD) of the following matches later on-

Vader7 v Joker
Jlo v Ngamer
Vader7 v Ngamer (best of 3)

Really good job to all especially the final 4. Good games.

gantrain05

Smash Master
StarCraft rocked. Despite comp crashes and the like...

10 entered. 1 dollar apiece.

1st Prize : 9 dollars.
2nd Prize : 1 dollar.

Entries :
VaderSeven
Twink
Joker
Daniel
1der
Jlo
Schism
Zeal
Neon
Ngamer

Placement -

1st - VaderSeven
2nd - Ngamer
4th - Jlo and Joker
10th - All the rest

Really good games guys.

Ill post some youtube commentated videos (imma NERD) of the following matches later on-

Vader7 v Joker
Jlo v Ngamer
Vader7 v Ngamer (best of 3)

Really good job to all especially the final 4. Good games.
sc was fun, we should do it more often, maybe it will give me a reason to start playing again lol.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I am seriously considering retiring. MK and IC's are too f*cking stupid. The ONLY thing keeping me from it is that I would be leaving se'kou in the dust. So I might just do teams from now on.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Yeah, I totally left my mouse there. Heh. It's probably still connected to your laptop, Joker.

Anyway, I love these tournaments and Iowa City had a great time. Too bad I can't come to the real monthly, wish me luck at E.

Thanks for all the games--

Next time, my set up = TvC only! Ha!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I am seriously considering retiring. MK and IC's are too f*cking stupid. The ONLY thing keeping me from it is that I would be leaving se'kou in the dust. So I might just do teams from now on.
Play Marth Or Pikachu.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
you know.... Wario might be a good choice since Se'kou can teach you quite a bit of what I've been developing these last 2 years.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I don't think it's so much the char that I'm playing, it's just the way that singles is played. Any game where the goal can be to time your opponent out, i do not think it is a respectable game. Everyone already knows where I stand on the IC's they're just ********. It's just not fun for me anymore.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah, I totally left my mouse there. Heh. It's probably still connected to your laptop, Joker.
lol yeah I saw that and was like what don't worry mang I'll keep it safe >.0

So anyways I'll like to thank everyone who came down for this tourney it was fun as hell plus it was an awesome B-day friends with Smash what more can I ask for ^.^

resTy

Smash Champion
I spent SOOO much this time around . . .
- $47 on Yu-Gi-Oh Boosters
- $6 on tournies (Melee and Brawl Singles)
- $13 at the Viet place
- $13 at IHOP
- $2 pitch-in for Joker's hat
- $15 on gas ($50 total)
- $2 at KFC
- $2 at BK
- $3 on random beverages
TOTAL: $103

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
The tournament was a ton of fun, haha. Great games everyone.

We'll see if some of us Grinnell folk will be able to make it to the April 3rd tournament.

resTy

Smash Champion
Melee Results:
1: ULi (Marth)
2: Tyser (Falco)
3: Mushroomring (Samus)

Brawl Singles:
1: Joker (Snake)
2: Trent (Sonic)
3: JLO (Peach) [Forfeited]

Brawl Teams:
1: Joker (Snake) + Yink (Ness)
2: Razor (MK) + Schism (G&W)
3: ? ? ?

Low Tier Singles:
1: Trent (Sonic)
2: Twink (Ike)
3: Joker (Samus/Falcon)

Low Tier Teams:
Doesn't matter.

Uli

Smash Champion
Melee Results:

1: ULi and Tyser Split
3: Mushroomrong
4: seohyun
5: schism
5: joker
7: CBK
7: Trent
9: zeal
9: OneDer
9: blank
9: Conner
13: mook
13: twink
13: neon

Trent you were suppose to play greg, idk what happen with that but it said greg won so... blame greg for it XD

Greg the ipod you gave me sucks!!! jk but the headphone jack is kind of crust but ill live ;_;

GG everyone, this monthly was a blast
happy bday joker capt love and murshroomnerd :D
ill see everyone in 2 weeks!

bolt its brawl, enjoy!!

Top Bottom