• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Did you have XP Home or XP Pro on your desktop, and do you remember if it was SP2 or 3?
gonna go on a limb and say Home :urg:
cant really check due not being able to get pass the error message, is there a way to check through F1 when it starts.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm getting HG tomorrow cause all of my friend's are getting SS at school and I the only one in my group who is a non-conformist when it comes to this and HG got the Rainbow bird *****zzz and Kyorge what now and once you go Typholsion, you never go Back. GET AT ME *****zzz.!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
FFXIII has me very disappointed. Its pretty much one of the most shallow, monotonous, unfulfilling and formulaic "RPG" experiences I've ever had. Theres so much wrong with it I just want to write a big nerd rage post.

But I won't right now because I just heard about dis upcoming game called Xenoblade being developed by Monolith. Seriously when has a game with the Xeno prefix ever been bad? Thats the next RPG I'll get hyped for.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Seriously, Blank and Dekline are the same person.
It's friggin incredible reading these posts hahaha.
Some how I knew you would post this after I complained.

I'm not a non-conformist nyuckah.

I'm the Immortal Prince of the Universe.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Hey any ISU students going to this April 3rd? I might use some college visits to get down to ISU for that weekend, and besides seriously checking out the college since I got accepted and all, I'd love to make it to the monthly :D
Just wanted to call this to your attention again. It would be super awesome if anybody could get me to the tourney from there.

Please at least acknowledge my question now? A no is better than not hearing anything for a page or two XD

resTy

Smash Champion
Off topic, but my Exodia Deck is the most inconsistent deck in the history of the world.
Practiced with it (using some proxies) and only won in three turns or less, 5 times out of 20+.

§chizm

Smash Lord
gonna go on a limb and say Home :urg:
cant really check due not being able to get pass the error message, is there a way to check through F1 when it starts.
Nah don't worry about it, I think I got it.
I'll bring the discs next time I'm over.

FFXIII has me very disappointed. Its pretty much one of the most shallow, monotonous, unfulfilling and formulaic "RPG" experiences I've ever had. Theres so much wrong with it I just want to write a big nerd rage post.

But I won't right now because I just heard about dis upcoming game called Xenoblade being developed by Monolith. Seriously when has a game with the Xeno prefix ever been bad? Thats the next RPG I'll get hyped for.
Yeah I'm going to wait a while to play FFXIII until I can just borrow it for someone or get it for ridic cheap.
Just wanted to call this to your attention again. It would be super awesome if anybody could get me to the tourney from there.

Please at least acknowledge my question now? A no is better than not hearing anything for a page or two XD
I think Bolt would be the one to ask.
Off topic, but my Exodia Deck is the most inconsistent deck in the history of the world.
Practiced with it (using some proxies) and only won in three turns or less, 5 times out of 20+.
I haven't even built one. I don't even know if I wanna build a deck, I never even built my own in Magic. I pretty much just borrowed other people's decks/large amounts of cards and won with them. I just kept a 250/5 color around for funsies.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
MJG ill MM you...^_^v $5 is the highest ill go

speaking of YGO...greg i kinda need my card back...LOL..^_^ and uli i still have your Dark magician girl..^_^v

whens everyone gunna play games next?

oh i wont get FF13 or HG/SS for a while since i gotta save HARDCORE for japan..O_O;

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
@Tyser- you got any stall cards in that deck and what proxies are you using?

@Mushrooming- I'm getting HG today and I want to battle you sometime. Not today though.

BOLT08

Smash Lord

Sorry Og i haven't been on in a few days, been pretty busy. Yeah I could give you a ride and stuff. Depends on where you're staying. And not trying to be rude, but as long as you're showered and don't smell I can definitely give you a ride to and back from the venue. Lemme know once you have things sorted out for your visit.

resTy

Smash Champion
Well, the main reason this deck has been shit gaming is because Exodia pieces always end up at the very bottom of the deck.
My luck must just be HORRIBLE or I don't know how to use this deck properly.
All I know is that if I can't win in three turns, I lose.
High risk, high reward son!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
its yugioh, the game is inconsistent itself lol. im thinkin about getting back into the game. i just have to learn the meta and cards again. i want to make a Gadget or Monarch deck. im lookin at u there greg dang

EDIT: found this interesting, these pokemon r exclusive to each games

resTy

Smash Champion
If I'm not satisfied with this Exodia Deck, I'm gonna make a Blue-Eyes Deck.
Matt might make a Dark Magician Deck if he gets suckered into Yugioh again XD.

resTy

Smash Champion
Good thing you guys didn't go to No Koast.
I've been reading crap and I guess it sucked.
On par with that Clash of the Ninja piece of shit tourney.

resTy

Smash Champion
Also, Nebraska got wrecked at SMYM with the exception of Smeesh who got 17/108.

Here's Top 8 if anyone is interested:

1: Jman (Fox)
2: Kels (Fox)
3: Trail (ICs/Fox)
4: Pikachad (Pikachu/Fox)
5: Chexr (Jiggz/Fox)
5: Tink (Fox)
7: Darkrain (Falcon/Fox)
7: Drephen (Sheik/Fox)

♥ the Midwest for only using Fox.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Anime detour:

Friday
8pm-11pm: Smash Bros. Brawl qualifying tournament A (Atrium 4)
Saturday
12pm-2pm: Four Indie/Weird PS3 Games (Atrium 4)
12pm-3pm: Smash Bros. Brawl qualifying tournament B (Atrium 4)
2pm-4pm: Morton's List (22nd Floor)
8pm-11pm: Smash Bros. Brawl qualifying tournament C (Atrium 4)
10pm-12am: Late Night DnD (22nd Floor)

Sunday
12pm-3pm: Smash Bros. Brawl finals tournament (Atrium 4)

dayum son, too bad it'll end up with all us people that now each other playing each other @.@ it'll be interesting. last year was lol worthy but one of the more sensibly run ones I've seen at a con (though time limit was 2 minutes?? for awhile... raised to 3 or 4 later on but lol @ MK timing people out under the stage for the last 20 seconds)

last year it was all pikachu, kirby, and marth. wtf? I wanna play some n00bs now to practice for this con. I mean, playing decent people is one thing, but those random greg dangs throw me off.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Anime Detour <3

I'll be cosplaying, I know you will too Rebecca :)

Also, I think I might be hosting the tournament for AnimeIowa.

resTy

Smash Champion
Make sure the rules make no sense and/or are stupid.
It's a tradition for Animecons XD.
Do not break tradition, Chloe!

resTy

Smash Champion
You also can't use the same level CPU as the other guy.
Rock-Paper-Scissors and winner gets to choose level first.
If you lose the first match, you get stage and character switch.
If you win, you have to stay the same character and level.
So basically, the Rock-Paper-Scissors at the start determines everything.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I wish people knew how to rng in this game. I cant do SSSHHHIIITTTTT right now. Not very far in the game since Im copying Gold's team natures and all in HG and waiting for a shiny starter in SS. That Togepi egg was hella annoying to hatch over and over again. thank god for the autorun button

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Make sure the rules make no sense and/or are stupid.
It's a tradition for Animecons XD.
Do not break tradition, Chloe!
Dude the other person that might do it, did it last year and these were his rules (you will just LOVE them):

-no time limit
-free-for-all with 4 players (the ONE person who beat all 3 proceeds, everyone else fails and doesn't get anything after that)
-after the FFA, finally just 1v1
-stupid stages were present
-no prizes (well, I think Trent got like, something for first for the dealer's room. I got nothing for second, I remember that much)

If he does it again...asflkjsalskfj...can I at least take out hte FFA?

*plays SoulSilver*

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I was just messing with the Pokewalker on the first Path of the two they give you to see what's its all about and its pretty fun for a small device to keep your Pokemon in.

Trent

Smash Champion
Dude the other person that might do it, did it last year and these were his rules (you will just LOVE them):

-no time limit
-free-for-all with 4 players (the ONE person who beat all 3 proceeds, everyone else fails and doesn't get anything after that)
-after the FFA, finally just 1v1
-stupid stages were present
-no prizes (well, I think Trent got like, something for first for the dealer's room. I got nothing for second, I remember that much)

If he does it again...asflkjsalskfj...can I at least take out hte FFA?

*plays SoulSilver*
Nope, I didn't get anything for winning that BS tournament. NK3 was pretty meh. I got seeded like crap and got 25th out of 44. (Also, Zeton and Hylian got 25th, wtf is up with this seeding?)

Top Bottom