• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
**** we stayed up til 5AM playing Mario Party 5. That game is rigged, I won with 7 stars. MP3 might be better just because almost every minigame in MP5 was mostly moving.

I'll have most things in SEGA All-stars racing unlocked next time. Tails Tornado is <3

I'ma try bringin PS2 CvS2 to Joker's as well. Game is fun.

resTy

Smash Champion
I played that game a while ago.
I got to the big bear thing that shoots a million things at you.
I also got to the Megaman dude.
Shit's impossible.

Cook

Smash Master
I think me and Nicole are coming this weekend, so start preparing the place for our arrival. We expect exuberant luxury.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
^^ Yayz More lifetime talk.

Cookie and Nicole i want lots of friendlies, especially you cook. I need to get that oli match up down. Idk it at all.

Trent

Smash Champion
I think me and Nicole are coming this weekend, so start preparing the place for our arrival. We expect exuberant luxury.
I <3 you guys:

THHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
MMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, i'm gonna pretend i fit in again cause its an iowa thread :p

soulsilver owns, cvs2 owns, joker's tournament that i can't go to owns...

AMIDOINITRITE?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
You guys are still playing brawl?

Brawl sucks, no combos. Good camping though.

Melee is really good. entertaining, 0-death combos, camping. Sounds like a real fighter compared to brawl.

Im serious about this post though.

How many actual SMASHERS, that play the game the way its supposed to be played, still play up there?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@Yink

Me and Bill were talking about hosting a few tournaments through the University, but getting rooms is actually pretty hard right now. If you have a place in mind to host, I know there will be some local interest to add to the pot.

Also, are you down for games this Thursday? I have at least my roommate coming so that will be four this time.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Sigh, don't rub it in. Moville sucks.. I'm missing a party tonight in Ames ;_; I couldn't even enjoy the last one since I had to take these stupid pills that fux you up if you mix with alcohol. Oh, also my art teachers basically said we don't get a spring break, and we need to keep working and to ensure that they assigned a bunch of huge projects for Monday. FML.

Whatevs, people are on for this weekend, right? Bi-weekly at Joker's with sexy OoSers? It'd be nice to play sum brawl. Still looking for some ROB matches. Also, I'm being lame and SRing cuz I want a shiny starter too >.> Totodile ftw.

Sproggs

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, new member here from the West Side of Des Moines, Iowa. Just wondering if there's any upcoming entry level tournaments coming up or if someone would be interested in setting up one? I have a few friends who enjoy brawl, but I woop all their butts :chuckle:

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Every tourney from this area is an entry level tourney as everyone in Iowa sucks. True story, they are the joke of the smash community. true story

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Hey guys, new member here from the West Side of Des Moines, Iowa. Just wondering if there's any upcoming entry level tournaments coming up or if someone would be interested in setting up one? I have a few friends who enjoy brawl, but I woop all their butts :chuckle:
Lol, just show up to our next monthly (most likely on April 3rd); directions are on the front page. That's the story of quite a few people that end up going to these tournies, it'll be a good experience :) (Most) everyone that goes to these are really nice and welcoming.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
@Yink

Me and Bill were talking about hosting a few tournaments through the University, but getting rooms is actually pretty hard right now. If you have a place in mind to host, I know there will be some local interest to add to the pot.

Also, are you down for games this Thursday? I have at least my roommate coming so that will be four this time.
I can think of a good place to host yeah! The problem is just getting people. Also, Thursday, I don't think I can. THOUGH. If we get back to Iowa City at a decent time on Sat, I can go to the Biweekly. (like late on sat night/early sun morning)

Also, welcome Sproggs. Like Rebecca said above me, just come to the Monthlies! They're mad fun with a lot of good people that show up.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
OH DAYUM >.<

man i wished that i didnt have to work saturday night, i would so show up for games. damn
Blame CBK what do you have against Kudou T.T

Every tourney from this area is an entry level tourney as everyone in Iowa sucks. True story, they are the joke of the smash community. true story
Yep this tourneys are Meta Knight only items off Final Destination XP
But seriously man you're welcome to come and check it out our next big tourney is going to be on the 3rd of April.

THOUGH. If we get back to Iowa City at a decent time on Sat, I can go to the Biweekly. (like late on sat night/early sun morning)
Ngamer tends to leave after the tourney so could happen ^.^

@Afrayail/Ptato: It will be nice to see you guys again since I haven't seen you for like ever ^.^

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I can think of a good place to host yeah! The problem is just getting people. Also, Thursday, I don't think I can. THOUGH. If we get back to Iowa City at a decent time on Sat, I can go to the Biweekly. (like late on sat night/early sun morning)

Also, welcome Sproggs. Like Rebecca said above me, just come to the Monthlies! They're mad fun with a lot of good people that show up.
Sweet, I can post flyers around the campus when we have a solid date. I know there is interest out there somewhere. Bill and I can help with brackets and stuff too. And yeah, I always leave that Saturday as I haven't made top 8 yet. :(

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'd have to make sure the location's okay. But yeah, besides that it should be good to go. I can make the flyers too haha.

Sounds good, I can go as long as we get back in time for me to go to work :3

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Bill and I can help with brackets and stuff too. And yeah, I always leave that Saturday as I haven't made top 8 yet. :(
Chances are that I'll be coming to this tourneys with some DM folk so I could help with brackets too, also you need to stick around for low tier tourney.

Which speaking off I'm going to have to start the tourney as soon as possible so we can get Regular and Low Tier Tourney among some other side tourneys like TvC and such. So for those who are coming and may be a little late call for a heads up try C.Love since he should be the one here in time cause Skizm works that day too check the front page for phone #

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
so for those playing hg/ss i need some help. i need someone to try and connect with on wi-fi so i can trade my graveler and haunter to evolve them(since my friends are losers and don't play)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker, when should we show up on Saturday? Looking forward to seeing everyone's bright, smiling faces! :p
If people can get here before 1pm that will work since I'll like to start the tourney by then cause we may get around 20 some people and doing both Doubles/Singles with regular and low tier it may take a while <(^.^<)

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'm actually most likely going to be running late to this. I will try to get there as soon as possible but I most likely won't make one. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it, so late is better than not there. I doubt it will be a big deal to hold my matches and such till I make it. I won't be super late, just a little most likely.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I was in Iowa City last night getting hammered. Iowa City is pretty legit.

Wronggg, terrible awful place.
I'm actually most likely going to be running late to this. I will try to get there as soon as possible but I most likely won't make one. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it, so late is better than not there. I doubt it will be a big deal to hold my matches and such till I make it. I won't be super late, just a little most likely.
No johnz. Lifetime. Stop being sick, srsly.

Top Bottom