• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

MJG

Smash Hero
^What Schizm said.

TBH, I go to a private school and I COMPLETELY forgot that this was a day before easter. I always remember that it falls on the first sunday of April, but the tourney is on Saturday. So, I didn't really think about it. Anyways...I will probably still come to this regardless of the date BUT, whatever you guys decide to do, you better do it fast because your OoS people will need to figure out travel plans (Im pretty sure that MN was dead set on coming on the 3rd). And as for Kansas, we are bringing both melee and brawl participants.

Uli

Smash Champion
the only good thing kesha did was make shiitty music (that sounds like lady gagas) and getting paid tons of money for it because people are awesome. shes also painfully average with the make up on and probably ugly without it on.

y'all want some REAL music and some REAL girls, fire this UP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r2u_i0a80

also hype for jokers get crunkedfest!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
ok well since most OoS where already set for the 3rd I'm afraid is going to stick to that date I mean come on is Easter it must not have been that important since everyone forgot about it XP

But yeah I don't really celebrate holidays so I never keep track of them >.<
So I'll keep a heads up for the next one.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
ok well since most OoS where already set for the 3rd I'm afraid is going to stick to that date I mean come on is Easter it must not have been that important since everyone forgot about it XP

But yeah I don't really celebrate holidays so I never keep track of them >.<
So I'll keep a heads up for the next one.
I might try to bring the, 3 or 4 IC people to the tournament. No idea if they can go. I tried to talk to Bolt's friend today but he never replied because he's online all the time but just goes on idle randomly. -_- *shakes fist*

Still need to try to get in touch with Ngamer.

Also April 3rd? I think I can manage, unless my family wants me to stay for Easter. Then, I can't go but maybe Bolt's friend can find a way.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I might try to bring the, 3 or 4 IC people to the tournament
Oh dayum so you found people to play with then ^.^
Also you should try to come the 20th of this month since is the IA biweekly plus it's the day we're pretty much celebrating every once bday who is on March <(^.^<)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Also you should try to come the 20th of this month since is the IA biweekly plus it's the day we're pretty much celebrating every once bday who is on March <(^.^<)
Hmm, I can try. Oh **** that's during my Spring Break. I hope I'm still in town. I'll try to ALSO bring Bolt's friend.

Low tier? Low tier?

... please? :p

resTy

Smash Champion

The two hottest girls in SNSD eating some noodles.
Possibly the best fucking picture in the fucking universe.

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
LOL that's freaky coincidence. my b-day happens to be on the 21st. low tier would be awesome.

i agree with kesha being hot, but her music makes my ears bleed... then again, so does any pop music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjSxwuYkJCA
^ oh hell yeah

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Playing DoTA right now!!!! Please I'll probably have the car around 6PM so that's when I could pick Peeks and Christian up to get Final Fantasy XIII.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I scored a 29 on my ACT.
I guess I'm pretty smart, right Bolt?
29 is good I will say, 31-33 is what I would consider smart however. Look at how they are graded and then figure out. It's a big jump from 29-31.
the only good thing kesha did was make shiitty music (that sounds like lady gagas) and getting paid tons of money for it because people are awesome. shes also painfully average with the make up on and probably ugly without it on.

y'all want some REAL music and some REAL girls, fire this UP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r2u_i0a80

also hype for jokers get crunkedfest!
her music is good for parties.

The two hottest girls in SNSD eating some noodles.
Possibly the best fucking picture in the fucking universe.
ummmm, no. VS models> those girls by a f*cking million.

Playing DoTA right now!!!! Please I'll probably have the car around 6PM so that's when I could pick Peeks and Christian up to get Final Fantasy XIII.
DoTA is too good.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
im getting FF13 as soon as gamestop opens at 10 since i already have it paid off. from what i've heard from my friend Zach, there was like 75+ people getting it at the midnight release in altoona. i'll be playing it by 11:00 tops. also im good for games i think maybe just friday night only if there were any

PortCity

Smash Ace
Joker: Watch and study this video before we play Thursday night :-D I want to see you move like this. Ally's movement was superb. It is starting to make me believe brawl has techskill, it is called precision....his moves are so precise it isn't even funny. Lots of nice deception too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hPlB9kayM&NR=1

Iowa: Why can't we move like this Sans guy? He makes me respect Ike :-\...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQS1nrz1hoQ&NR=1

Again, killer movement. Movement in Brawl is starting to flow, soon it will looked refined like melee matches.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
^I always remember that it falls on the first sunday of April, but the tourney is on Saturday.
That isn't even remotely correct. It is based on the moon's position.

Easter is a moveable feast, meaning it is not fixed in relation to the civil calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon (the Paschal Full Moon) following the vernal equinox.[3] Ecclesiastically, the equinox is reckoned to be on March 21 (regardless of the astronomically correct date), and the "Full Moon" is not necessarily the astronomically correct date. The date of Easter therefore varies between March 22 and April 25.

This is the reason I wasn't sure when Easter was.

Edit: Nope, Schism can't overlook kids beating up things they shouldn't even be able to hurt. Can't get over that and never will. It is obviously a fantasy world in Narnia and that accounts for some things like the lions and whatnot but still it makes no sense no matter how you look at that children who I'm sure have never held a weapon before are just champions in this world. Nope, can't and won't ever accept that. My opinion stands, movies that have kids beating up grown up people / beasts equals garbage.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Joker: Watch and study this video before we play Thursday night :-D I want to see you move like this. Ally's movement was superb. It is starting to make me believe brawl has techskill, it is called precision....his moves are so precise it isn't even funny. Lots of nice deception too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hPlB9kayM&NR=1

Iowa: Why can't we move like this Sans guy? He makes me respect Ike :-\...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQS1nrz1hoQ&NR=1

Again, killer movement. Movement in Brawl is starting to flow, soon it will looked refined like melee matches.
Going on autopilot with the evasive maneuvers doesn't make you good, it just makes you gimmicky. What works for a while won't help you in the long run compared to simply reacting to your opponent.

That isn't even remotely correct. It is based on the moon's position.

Easter is a moveable feast, meaning it is not fixed in relation to the civil calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon (the Paschal Full Moon) following the vernal equinox.[3] Ecclesiastically, the equinox is reckoned to be on March 21 (regardless of the astronomically correct date), and the "Full Moon" is not necessarily the astronomically correct date. The date of Easter therefore varies between March 22 and April 25.

This is the reason I wasn't sure when Easter was.

Edit: Nope, Schism can't overlook kids beating up things they shouldn't even be able to hurt. Can't get over that and never will. It is obviously a fantasy world in Narnia and that accounts for some things like the lions and whatnot but still it makes no sense no matter how you look at that children who I'm sure have never held a weapon before are just champions in this world. Nope, can't and won't ever accept that. My opinion stands, movies that have kids beating up grown up people / beasts equals garbage.
Wow, whats wrong with a sense of whimsical aspiration? I'd rather give into an inspiring yet naive notion of kids slaying beasts rather then a condescending and superficial "adult" take on a "realistic" battle. Not that I like Narnia or most generic fiction novels, in fact I find them to be trite and uninspired, but even adults don't just become characterized champions on size alone. They all had to cut some sort of niche as children and sometimes these battles are preludes to that.

I haven't watched many recent movies at all, they seem to all just suck lately. They've become too exaggerated and ill-contrived. Everyone just wants to see things through Hollywood-lens. Also, they turned Alice and Wonderland into another cheery and generic Disney film, rather then the dark and psychedelic original. Doesn't anyone miss those trippy days? :confused:

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Going on autopilot with the evasive maneuvers doesn't make you good, it just makes you gimmicky. What works for a while won't help you in the long run compared to simply reacting to your opponent.

Wow, whats wrong with a sense of whimsical aspiration? I'd rather give into an inspiring yet naive notion of kids slaying beasts rather then a condescending and superficial "adult" take on a "realistic" battle. Not that I like Narnia or most generic fiction novels, in fact I find them to be trite and uninspired, but even adults don't just become characterized champions on size alone. They all had to cut some sort of niche as children and sometimes these battles are preludes to that.

I haven't watched many recent movies at all, they seem to all just suck lately. They've become too exaggerated and ill-contrived. Everyone just wants to see things through Hollywood-lens. Also, they turned Alice and Wonderland into another cheery and generic Disney film, rather then the dark and psychedelic original. Doesn't anyone miss those trippy days? :confused:
I couldn't agree with you more with Alice in Wonderland, and that is why I don't want to see it. Blank you aren't looking very hard if you think all films in recent time are hollywoodized, and generic. You are only looking at the movies that are mainstreamed because they are that movie. Watch films like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Memento, or Donnie Darko. Every one of those films was made in a way that the writer / director (in 2/3 of the cases are the same person) wanted and that is why they are more independent minded films. If you are basing this assumption on the trailers for the mainstream movies you happen to see, then of course they all seem that way.

Frankly, I don't think adults should just be champions over beasts either. Like Seifer vs Odin in FFVIII, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. I often do get angry when I see humans triumph over everything, but it is even worse when it is children. It is just ridiculous, and in no sense rational.

People are going to take my use of "rational" and use it to say "dude there are minotaurs and horse people in the movie." And my resulting rhetoric would say that rational is all within context and relativity. Things can be rational in a created universe where those creatures exist. But it just doesn't make any rational sense in any context where children are able to overcome physically beasts and other things of that nature.

EDIT: Adam, good example. I do actually like the Incredibles, it is one of my favorite animated movies, I realize that doesn't make much sense with my prior argument. However I don't really recall either of the children physically beating up adults or mythical beasts. Grant it they put the hurt on a lot of people but they do so with their said super powers. I guess acknowledging that a created universe does have super powers and that kids can have them, makes me ok with that example. But my liking of that movie may also come from the fact that the Incredibles makes no attempt to justify itself as a "real" entity. I guess animation does that for itself in this scenario. I was always angry about Goten and Trunks though, they shouldn't have been anywhere near their strength or gone ssj like at all let alone when they did. So maybe the Incredibles just has something that all others have failed to do.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Low tier doubles would be awesome :D
This.

Chances are it's happening also we're teaming for this since I never get to play with you T.T
We're teaming for the Low tier...? Or in general? :confused:

WAIT... :C can I not use Ness then, or are you allowing it? (the rules say like, Bowser and Ness CAN be used but from what I saw that's kind of up to the TO).

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Jake you do realize you are saying a human with a GUNBLADE is triumphing over a summoned horse guy in a game called final FANTASY. Of course it's not going to make sense, it's just supposed to be cool.

And to be fair in narnia, i don't recall them over-powering any mythical creatures hand to hand. Like arm wrestling, usually it was with weapons like a sword or sumfin.

Also, i heard the new alice and wonderland wasn't all kiddy. The impression I've got from what little research I've done is that Alice fights a war with the queen of hearts. but idk for sure

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Godddd i hate you soooo much. I was thinking of coming down for games tomorrow. Crouse or se'kou would you like to go also?

EDIT: Joker i was thinking if i came down tomorrow you could help me with my SD card again? Maybe get it so my music loops better, and i was hoping to get the rest of the songs you have. (Super Buu's theme, etc.)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I couldn't agree with you more with Alice in Wonderland, and that is why I don't want to see it. Blank you aren't looking very hard if you think all films in recent time are hollywoodized, and generic. You are only looking at the movies that are mainstreamed because they are that movie. Watch films like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Memento, or Donnie Darko. Every one of those films was made in a way that the writer / director (in 2/3 of the cases are the same person) wanted and that is why they are more independent minded films. If you are basing this assumption on the trailers for the mainstream movies you happen to see, then of course they all seem that way.
Actually I have seen Spotless Mind and Donnie Darko, but as I said in my post I was referring to recent films. Also I don't really mind your rationality I just like trolling you. It is pretty lame Goten and Trunks had to work nowhere near as hard while Goku actually trained rigorously under Roshi.

The girl in the middle of that longcat picture just breaks me. Good lordo...

Top Bottom