• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Hey Yink,

I didn't see your message until now, and I got Joker's. I've only actually been checking my pm's. I haven't got anything. We should try to get everyone together this weekend or maybe during the week. I have midterms all week and they will too if they're students but I'm up for any practice I can get.

Also, boo on the 3rd. But I'll come up the 20th for your B-Day(s) celebration thingy to try to redeem my TvC execution and maybe not get beaten down by OoS in Smash. Wish me luck at Extravaganza.

Can't use your main in low-tier tourney? What kind of rule is that? What's the point of maining a low tier if you can't dominate the low-tier tourneys? ;)

PortCity

Smash Ace
Going on autopilot with the evasive maneuvers doesn't make you good, it just makes you gimmicky. What works for a while won't help you in the long run compared to simply reacting to your opponent.
Blank: I'm just talking about the movement. The way they were buffering and utilizing autocancelled moves, etc. Gimmicks < Reaction < Prediction. I've always advocated predicting what your enemy will do more so than reacting to it, and you need good movement to punish when you properly predict. Heck you need good movement to punish even on reaction.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Blank: I'm just talking about the movement. The way they were buffering and utilizing autocancelled moves, etc. Gimmicks < Reaction < Prediction. I've always advocated predicting what your enemy will do more so than reacting to it, and you need good movement to punish when you properly predict. Heck you need good movement to punish even on reaction.
its so true, if you can predict your opponent more often than they can predict you, more often then not your gonna win that match.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey Yink,

I didn't see your message until now, and I got Joker's. I've only actually been checking my pm's. I haven't got anything. We should try to get everyone together this weekend or maybe during the week. I have midterms all week and they will too if they're students but I'm up for any practice I can get.

Also, boo on the 3rd. But I'll come up the 20th for your B-Day(s) celebration thingy to try to redeem my TvC execution and maybe not get beaten down by OoS in Smash. Wish me luck at Extravaganza.

Can't use your main in low-tier tourney? What kind of rule is that? What's the point of maining a low tier if you can't dominate the low-tier tourneys? ;)
Yeah tell me about it! :( ...also that sounds pretty good, I don't think I'm doing anything this weekend! Well not on Sat. anyways. I work on Fri/Sun.

There'll be a low tier tourney in which you can use Nus, Booser, and Sawnik, Jlo.
Austin you make me laugh everytime I see your posts, no joke. xD Jlo needs to always be in this list.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
To me that just seemed like autopilot. The only precedence was "Hey he didn't punish it the first time, DO IT AGAIN!" Then again thats just how a lot of Brawl works...

I haven't played TvC in a while. I've been hyped for AH3 lately. I'm scared I might be attracted to lolis. Its pretty silly how the Arcade board is freaking twice as much as a BlazBlue cabinet though. T_T

Goin to the store to buy CvS2 and Battle Fantasia. Whee~

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
Hm... Biweekly on the 20th? Would any of you mind if Grinnell came down? Just a bunch of random people are hopping on now, so we're bringing 7~ people should it be allowed, haha. Brawl, normal or low tier, and melee and others, right?

P.S. - <3 FFXIII.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
We're teaming for the Low tier...? Or in general? :confused:
Oh yeah you know we're doing both MOTHER Gear Solid^.^

EDIT: Joker i was thinking if i came down tomorrow you could help me with my SD card again? Maybe get it so my music loops better, and i was hoping to get the rest of the songs you have. (Super Buu's theme, etc.)
Yeah I could give you my music as for looping that's ez to do if you have some kind of program like GoldenWave or Audacity also I just added this song the other day >.<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs6Ze8JJUHU

wait, so is there a low tier tourney alongside the regular tourney? or just a low tier tourney?
Yeah I think we may have both Singles/Doubles low tier then regular which by the way I'm pretty sure we can hold for regular Doubles so Sekou can make it.

There'll be a low tier tourney in which you can use Ness, Bowser, and Sonic, Jlo.

EDIT:
Hm... Biweekly on the 20th? Would any of you mind if Grinnell came down?
You guys are more then welcome.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Joker: Watch and study this video before we play Thursday night :-D I want to see you move like this. Ally's movement was superb. It is starting to make me believe brawl has techskill, it is called precision....his moves are so precise it isn't even funny. Lots of nice deception too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5hPlB9kayM&NR=1

Iowa: Why can't we move like this Sans guy? He makes me respect Ike :-\...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQS1nrz1hoQ&NR=1

Again, killer movement. Movement in Brawl is starting to flow, soon it will looked refined like melee matches.
That aint no Mr. Doom.
Also I don't need to move like that when I can camp Ice Blocks and grabs for 8 minutes.

I haven't played TvC in a while. I've been hyped for AH3 lately. I'm scared I might be attracted to lolis. Its pretty silly how the Arcade board is freaking twice as much as a BlazBlue cabinet though. T_T

Goin to the store to buy CvS2 and Battle Fantasia. Whee~
Arcana Heart 3? That game seems to complicated to me, I dunno.
I forgot about Battle Fantasia, do people even play that game?
I'm still pissed I can't get IaMP to work in Windows 7.

I wish I could get better in TvC but the loose controls really bother me.
Hm... Biweekly on the 20th? Would any of you mind if Grinnell came down? Just a bunch of random people are hopping on now, so we're bringing 7~ people should it be allowed, haha. Brawl, normal or low tier, and melee and others, right?

P.S. - <3 FFXIII.
Of course you can come down.
I need to go buy Starcraft before the 20th also and get a little decent at it.
I'm going to be so confused trying to play original SC now. I'm going to rage when I can't build roaches.
I'll probably just end up having to play Toss.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Cookie, this means I'm free I guess. We win this time.

If we are going to do 4 tournaments maybe each entry should be $5 so the money ends up being the same?
I didnt though they where coming since is only the biweekly plus I though you couldn't make it you playing with my feelings Razor T.T

And yeah tourneys where going to be $5 already sorry if I didn't mention it XP

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Arcana Heart 3? That game seems to complicated to me, I dunno.
I forgot about Battle Fantasia, do people even play that game?
I'm still pissed I can't get IaMP to work in Windows 7.
Lulz its about as complicated as any other fighting game. Basically you just get different movement options with homing and guard cancels and get to choose an element arcana for assist. Its more entertaining then Melty to me at least.

IaMP is sweet. Its obvious all the best fighting games have lolis and there are no exceptions.

I don't think people even play Battle Fantasia, but I'm getting it because I'm a furry and want to play Watson. Its also pretty cheap nowadays anyways.

So whats goin down at Jokers bday bash besides ppl gettin wasted? Can I bring games and stuffff? I heard SC is happening but I've never even played that.

I should just watch Peeks/Joker play FF13. No need for me to play it, I have the OST already. :3

resTy

Smash Champion
Are we doing any money tournies on the 20th?
I'm getting lost in this thread with all the walls of text or huge posts that look like walls of text.
I do not read walls of text.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Tyser: Yeah we're pretty much having Brawl Single/Doubles both low tier and regular for $5 so it ends up being the same as $10 we are also having a TvC tourney with StarCraft on the side.

resTy

Smash Champion
Oh I see. Good ****.
There should be at least one Melee setup too :-)
I think only me, Yulai and maybe Matt will be there on the 20th.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Joker: Which tourney are you thinking about holding until I show? I'm going to be gone March 20th (Spring Break is next week). I will be there for April 3rd, but I won't be able to show up until 7:30. That might be too long to hold things. If not I'm cool, but I wanted to give you the heads up. Regardless, thanks for thinking about me when setting up the times.

Blank & Skizm: I'll see ya'll Thursday and teach you 2 a lesson :)

§chizm

Smash Lord
Are we doing any money tournies on the 20th?
I'm getting lost in this thread with all the walls of text or huge posts that look like walls of text.
I do not read walls of text.
I didnt though they where coming since is only the biweekly plus I though you couldn't make it you playing with my feelings Razor T.T

And yeah tourneys where going to be $5 already sorry if I didn't mention it XP
Also Perfect Dark is getting released on XBLA on the 17th with redone models and 1080P, 60 FPS, 4 player Splitscreen AND online multiplayer.
YESSSSSSSSS.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker: Which tourney are you thinking about holding until I show? I'm going to be gone March 20th (Spring Break is next week).
Yeah I was talking about the 20th also yeah that is kinda late for the 3rd but I'll see what I can do.

@Skizm: FACK YEAH Perfect Dark I love that game probably the only shooter I like sadly is for Xbox :urg:

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Oh dang! One more reason to get a 360. There are so far 3 games on there that I want. Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, Halo: Reach, and now Perfect Dark. Hmm....... Gotta think about it though.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Virtua-On is amazing I need twin sticks for that thing.

Too bad Japan is more into the Gundam NEXT hype though.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Wow I forgot my Spring Break was next week.

Oh I see. Good ****.
There should be at least one Melee setup too :-)
I think only me, Yulai and maybe Matt will be there on the 20th.
Yeah there will be Melee.
Yeah I was talking about the 20th also yeah that is kinda late for the 3rd but I'll see what I can do.

@Skizm: FACK YEAH Perfect Dark I love that game probably the only shooter I like sadly is for Xbox :urg:
I can bring my 360 on the 20th if people want to play some split screen PD.

I'm not sure I could play Virtua-On without the actual Twin Sticks. It would feel weird playing it on a pad.

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
man, i wish i could come to the 20th and april 3rd... *sigh* i've always wanted to try out link in a low-tier tournament (inb4lolsuxorz) and i think i've improved my weegee a bit for the regular tournament... but alas, getting up there has to be a hassle. maybe next monthly

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Oh that game looks awesome. Thats the one with crazy sticks right? They sell the sticks for 360? If so im investing asap.
There are Hori 360 sticks but I don't really know if they're worth it.

Also every player online is Japanese and will kick your @$$. Its pretty fun.

Top Bottom