• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Cook

Smash Master
Greg, you've got to pick out some girl you like and just keep at it. The hardest part is finding a girl that doesn't suck to begin with. But yeah, find a girl that at least likes to hang out with you and just spend a lot of time with her and let her know you like her and stuff. It may take a while, but if the girl doesn't suck it will be worth it.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
LOL

These post are so funny hahaha.

Dude some girls dig ya and some don't, people like vanilla and some don't. people like chocalate and don't.

People have preference and by people i mean girls/guys interested in the opposing sex.

Don't pick a girl because she's pretty. I mean looks are obviously important but if you can have a good conversation with a girl and she can make you smile and laugh, and you do the same then thats all you need.

Blank your young you don't know anything about love. Once you've been it and lost you realize how broken a person can become.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hi I was wondering if anyone was traveling from around Iowa City to attend this tournament. I've never been to one and I might just go to watch.
I might be able to do something about this~ I live in Iowa City as well, so PM me and we'll talk about it.

Ouch. :crying:

I don't think ALL girls are like this. But most of them do suck. Anyways, I hope you're feeling better Greg, most girls don't know anything about anything, so don't feel like its your fault that you haven't dated anyone. Smart girls are really difficult to find.
This is really, really true. Smart girls are difficult to find...

Don't worry Greg things'll be ok! If you ever need to talk you have my number. You can call me at 3 AM for all I care, I will answer the phone.

Lol'd, I was expecting Chloe or Rebecca to say something before you.

Girls are gross and have cooties.
I've been forgetting about this thread sadly...don't worry I think there's a spray for Cooties :p

AND LOL. Ness moved up FIVE on the new tier list?! He's Mid tier but can still sometimes be used for Low? I'm pleased.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Blank your young you don't know anything about love. Once you've been it and lost you realize how broken a person can become.
Maybe I don't, but I have enough experience with relationships to know I don't need to be in one.

I've had my fair share of superficial, obsessive appeasement charades that I just back off now. My ideal partner is blonde, british, articulate and interested in my passion, yet most the girls I've been with have broken down just listening to me.

I don't need a girl who can't bring something besides the obvious empathy to me, and at the same time I don't need one who can't appreciate every nuance of myself. Its an all or nothing deal, you understand me fully or understand nothing of me.

But theres no fun in just finding someone whos perfect for you. Gotta look for the challenge. Its easy to find someone to like you when you're at your best, but hard to find people who want to be at your side when you're at your worst. The same goes for vice-versa y'know? That kind of acceptance is hard to find.

Currently there's someone I've been interested in for a while, and I couldn't hate myself more for it.

resTy

Smash Champion
Maybe I don't, but I have enough experience with relationships to know I don't need to be in one.

I've had my fair share of superficial, obsessive appeasement charades that I just back off now. My ideal partner is blonde, british, articulate and interested in my passion, yet most the girls I've been with have broken down just listening to me.

I don't need a girl who can't bring something besides the obvious empathy to me, and at the same time I don't need one who can't appreciate every nuance of myself. Its an all or nothing deal, you understand me fully or understand nothing of me.

But theres no fun in just finding someone whos perfect for you. Gotta look for the challenge. Its easy to find someone to like you when you're at your best, but hard to find people who want to be at your side when you're at your worst. The same goes for vice-versa y'know? That kind of acceptance is hard to find.

Currently there's someone I've been interested in for a while, and I couldn't hate myself more for it.
This, just validated this:

And it was kinda funny XD.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Lol I might be young, but if I ever do find the right person that relationship will probably mean more to me then what it'll equate to for other people.

Girls just can't handle me, specially girls in my age group.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'll need to play against you a little when you get here to tell you some specifics.

But general things are:
- Rely too much on shield grabbing.
- You camp but sometimes you don't know what to do it feels like.
- You do a move every single time you jump. Makes reading it predictable.
- Not much mindgames. You play pretty straight forward IMO.

That's pretty much what I see whenever I watch you play against people.
We can talk about it when you get down here though.

lvl 1

Smash Rookie
hey y'all just a new Iowa brawler looking to get some matchup exp and whatnot... looking forward to the next Iowa tourney, hopefully I'll see many of you there?

Trent

Smash Champion
hey y'all just a new Iowa brawler looking to get some matchup exp and whatnot... looking forward to the next Iowa tourney, hopefully I'll see many of you there?
Yep yep, Joker'll set a date EVENTUALLY... but a majority of those who post here will be attending.

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
so, i'm getting that the popular choice is march 20th? day before my birthday lol

edit: and i get to fail in melee this time too woot

edit2: show the sig dammit

edit3: haha..... ha

BOLT08

Smash Lord
LOL

These post are so funny hahaha.

Dude some girls dig ya and some don't, people like vanilla and some don't. people like chocalate and don't.
This made me lol. best analogy ever.

Don't pick a girl because she's pretty.
This is a misleading statement. Don't pick a girl for a RELATIONSHIP because she's pretty. When you're hittin skinz and pimpin' out dem hoes, it's all about the girl being pretty.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Meatknight got his own tier which is deserved.

Yink should agree with the Ness/Lucas swap.

As far as Wario taking a dive in ranking I agree with it because he is legitimately countered by plenty of chars (in singles). If there were a doubles list him and G&W would be higher.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
Relationships suck. Girls are nothing but vague teases and bring feelings of inadequacy. Plus you have to deal with all their silly little emotions and refrain from telling them how vulnerable they act while they're free to bust your ego because men are all tainted pieces of male pride.

I'd much rather go for a guy. They're more logical and I've met plenty worth having intellectual conversations with. Love is just a selfish indulgence that people oblige to keep someone to themselves anyways.

If this post backfires on me I reserve the right to pull a Greg Dang and say I was drunk.
But you get to fuck!
I LOL'ed at this pretty hard cuz of what tyser said which is SO true..lol

Love is a small word with a huge meaning so use it wisely....^_^v

OH and yink you should make me a sig with pika and squritle ill find some pics them PM them to you for you to make it...just take ur time on mine im in no rush to get it...i just want one...^_^v

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm gonna start replacing the world "love" with "Greg Dang."

i.e. "Dang guys, I think I'm in Greg Dang with Greg Dang."

§chizm

Smash Lord

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
hit it and quit it, that's what i always say... when i'm playing grand theft auto hehe

edit: just wow at bottom tier. sucks to see my favorite franchise get obliterated in this game(toon link doesn't count)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Meatknight got his own tier which is deserved.

Yink should agree with the Ness/Lucas swap.

As far as Wario taking a dive in ranking I agree with it because he is legitimately countered by plenty of chars (in singles). If there were a doubles list him and G&W would be higher.
Yep I am pretty happy! Now he doesn't suck as much as he used to, but he still sucks. :laugh:

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Gahhh I was so close to having my wii hacked and stuff.

Got gecko, used the music converter and switched a bunch of songs. Loaded up with gecko.
Brawl loads, I press start and boom white screen FAREEEZEEE.

-_- Not happy. There's a little white bar at the bottom with a small black box in the middle with small black objects that kinda resemble silverware or something like that idk. Schism said it might be something with the codes. Should i mess with the configurations on gecko? Any suggestions?

I didn't mess with the codes, i just used the music converter. And everything seemed to be in the right place.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm up to Episode 13 in Clannad After Story right now.
It's pretty decent thus far.

I also thought about it and there's no way I can watch Clannad after watching After Story.
It feels impossible at this point.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Gahhh I was so close to having my wii hacked and stuff.

Got gecko, used the music converter and switched a bunch of songs. Loaded up with gecko.
Brawl loads, I press start and boom white screen FAREEEZEEE.

-_- Not happy. There's a little white bar at the bottom with a small black box in the middle with small black objects that kinda resemble silverware or something like that idk. Schism said it might be something with the codes. Should i mess with the configurations on gecko? Any suggestions?

I didn't mess with the codes, i just used the music converter. And everything seemed to be in the right place.
Make sure you're using the latest gecko, and that you have the latest SD File patcher. As well as all the songs being in the right place.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
OKay as far as the songs beign in the right place, i just did like 20+ songs and let's say one song was "Mushroom forest"

I did the whole "Mushroom forest" -->Move to SD-->Battlefield-->Battlefield Ver. 2

And then it showed it on the right as battlefield ver 2, Display name:Mushroom Forest
Did i need to do more than that?

Waht do you mean SD file patcher? And I'm using gecko OS 1.9.1

Top Bottom