• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
Blank and Schizm: I agree that tech skill is character dependent. I don't believe the difference between a technical bowser and a non-technical one is big :), but i will say this...one of the reasons Joker gets away with the stuff he does it because of his tech skill. It is the way you get to create openings and close gaps. To me technical skill is power shielding with your back turn and turning around immediately and tilting. Or jabbing in one direction, turning around and doing a bair, and then b-reversing a move to face the same direction you started. That kind of stuff is tech skill and i don't see that weird, but advanced, movement from here. I mean M2K has a slew of tech skill and is very percise. I mean his taunt nair -> uair -> left d-tilt -> right d-tilt takes mad tech skill, just try it. I'll stop by tomorrow and I'll show you what I mean. Pretty much speed = tech skill and you can't say anything about speed not being important to brawl. It is no matter what character you play. I will say this, yeah, we ALL are inconsistent, except maybe Joker and Razor. Anyway, my post is meant to be encouragement. I want us all to get better, so I can be old and tell a story to grand kids about how i wasted time playing with the best brawl players in the midwest. :-D

Trent

Smash Champion
If Iowa ever did Brawl PRs, they should include Nebraska.

..Since PRs in Nebraska consist of like three people.

So at Naka I was playing Melee randomly with people and was ****** face, probably because their scrubs. Hype?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
CBK here...TYSER!! i wana be ranked...>_<
I woulda included you, but I didn't know whether you lived in Des Moines.

Zash will be at Sherman's?
Lol

I used to nerd what little tech skill Brawl had when I played Brawl+. Every useless AT I could find to look flashy and fast, I wanted to see the possibilities with every character. That kinda died off the same way Brawl+ did though. Maybe NE can get hype for Project M.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm currently watching After Story.
Have never seen Clannad though.
Thoughts?

I only know that Yulai and Dekline don't approve and are threatening to kill me if I actually go through with this and skip Clannad XDXD.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well you'll be missing out on a lot of important info thats in the first season, but if u dont really want to watch it u dont have to. no one can really stop u. i don't really approve as well since its such a good series. its like missing out on the first 15 episodes of TTGL, and no one would want that

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
^Yeah I was actually going to say the same thing Kudou was going but CBK call his work and made it so he had to work that day so now There's an open spot which if you go it will be Skizm, me, Love, Blank, and Jlo so yeah.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Why play Project M when you got Melee XD.
None of those modified Brawl games are going to get big anyways.
Brawl+ didn't get great because its Brawl, and that's where most its players jumped on from(Besides a few notable names). Same goes for Brawl- and Balanced Brawl. Also you could argue that the turnouts of B+ tourneys are actually pretty big and so are its number of tournies. Its spread pretty well in certain regions and lots of good players were into it at one point, and may still be into it.

And I like how Joker worded his sentence. **** you CBK for making Kudou work that day!

Jlo should come with us to Nebraska. Aw yee~

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Jlo+Blank=double sonic= 1st for shermans doubles.

Im coming to shermans and gonna play a couple peeps, then probably ship some mario party there or somewhere else.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
^Yeah I was actually going to say the same thing Kudou was going but CBK call his work and made it so he had to work that day so now There's an open spot which if you go it will be Skizm, me, Love, Blank, and Jlo so yeah.
that black and white son of a gun. :sign: now i have to get ready for work now.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
There is an open spot, and we're leaving Saturday. Come to Jokers tomorrow or something? I'll probably be there.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I wish I could find a girl out there that is nice and whatnot. I try, but not hard enough I guess. I guess nice guys finish last. It's almost been a year since I've done anything with a girl. Guess I won't get my New Year's resoulution of getting into my first relationship ever. Being nice sometimes suck. F-U douchebags in the world that take advantage of a nice girl and make it sound like you mean something to her and all you want is a one night stand. I hate it. Those are my feelings of the night. I figured you guys should know more about me. Also, I wish I could do High School all over again. I feel like I haven't acheived as much as I can. That's the story of my life right now. FML. You thought I was a happy Asian boy. Well, you thought wrong. This is the real me speaking here and not my Internet persona trying to act happy all the time. I'm a human too you know and I express feelings. These are all the feelings I have every time. Thank you for reading if you bothered. My bad for this long forsaken post. Just thought you guys should know me more as I stated earlier. I mean you guys are friend friends, right? We're all here to talk about thing personal and non-personal, right? Again, sorry for big post. You all have a good night and hope to see all tomorrow. You guys are like family to me.

Sincerely,
Greg Dang (The last to carry the Dang name of my family)
Greg's biggest drunk post that actually had nothing misspelled. :laugh:

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
S'all right Greg. Alchohol doesn't change ones thoughts and feelings, it just brings them into the light. I ain't gonna judge. I'm sayin to hold out. It'll happen someday for sure. Just don't turn into a douche, cuz its not worth it.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Yea, That was 2 months ago and I trust everyone in the Iowa thread because most of them I knew for 6-7 years before our Smash days. I still feel that way sometimes, but I try to look past it and just wait for an opportunity just to hit me in the face when I don't expect it. :laugh: I heard most people say that relationships just happen which I believe because most of my friends weren't really looking for one, but found it. Its bound to happen someday though. Keep on truckin'!

Edit: Good Night! Zash, I dunno if you heard, but yo boi Peeks is gonna be home this weekend.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Relationships suck. Girls are nothing but vague teases and bring feelings of inadequacy. Plus you have to deal with all their silly little emotions and refrain from telling them how vulnerable they act while they're free to bust your ego because men are all tainted pieces of male pride.

I'd much rather go for a guy. They're more logical and I've met plenty worth having intellectual conversations with. Love is just a selfish indulgence that people oblige to keep someone to themselves anyways.

If this post backfires on me I reserve the right to pull a Greg Dang and say I was drunk.

Raveonette

Smash Rookie
Hi I was wondering if anyone was traveling from around Iowa City to attend this tournament. I've never been to one and I might just go to watch.

Trent

Smash Champion
Tier List Version Four

S :metaknight:

HIGH
A :snake: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :marth: :warioc:
B :dedede: :pikachu2: :olimar: :lucario: :gw:

Middle
C :pit: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :rob:
D :dk2: :peach: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf:
E :shiek: :pt: :sonic: :ness2: :bowser2:

Low
F :lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
G :zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:

"Ness & Bowser were originally voted as Upper Low, but rather than another tier both were bumped into E. Hence, one could consider both Ness and Bowser acceptable characters in Low Tier tournaments."

So Sonic's one spot away from being used in Low tier tournaments.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Greg's biggest drunk post that actually had nothing misspelled. :laugh:
The best thing I can say after reading this is if you're really trying to be nice for the sake of getting into a relationship you should stop it immediately. It'll be a lot easier to find someone if you just act like yourself than if you try and force it.

Also - WHAT. C TIER? Get out of here. ZSS is SS tier. It's in her name ffs.

Uli

Smash Champion
tier list looks funny to me O.o
a lot of mid tiers lol
rofl at the last 3
the triforce baby!

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Hi I was wondering if anyone was traveling from around Iowa City to attend this tournament. I've never been to one and I might just go to watch.
I've got a friend in Iowa City that never comes to these things that I have been trying to get to go. I'll contact him and see if maybe this will sway his mind.

Tier list looks stupid.

IC's are easily 2nd, an INFINITE CHAINGRAB ON EVERYONE!!! WTF?!!?! Just cause it isn't all that easy to do, doesn't mean once you got it down it's still difficult to do. Lain can do it without even looking. Fur real? There's f*cking two of them!

Sakurai must not like Zelda games.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Relationships suck. Girls are nothing but vague teases and bring feelings of inadequacy. Plus you have to deal with all their silly little emotions and refrain from telling them how vulnerable they act while they're free to bust your ego because men are all tainted pieces of male pride.
Ouch. :crying:

I don't think ALL girls are like this. But most of them do suck. Anyways, I hope you're feeling better Greg, most girls don't know anything about anything, so don't feel like its your fault that you haven't dated anyone. Smart girls are really difficult to find.

Top Bottom