• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I am currently watching tengan toppa gurren lagann. that show is awesome.

Last day of classes for the semester helllsss yes. effing finally!

I'm fairly excited for tomorrow, gonna need to read up on some matchups for sure. Most importantly Ness and lucas, i have nooo clue how to approach them.
HERE I AM TO HELP!

Grab grab grab. Ness and Lucas just love to get grabbed. You can chaingrab them quite easily too. Also, because you use Falco, I think it's safe for you to be able to use reflector on PK Thunder if the Ness / Lucas does it towards you (like, if you did a chaingrab and then tried to spike them).

Also, man on a really flat stage like Final Destination, you can out camp them and chaingrab them along the entire stage. :laugh: Though the same is pretty true for everyone.

For Ness, BE SAFE. Don't just jump off the side and try to stop the PK Thunder if he has already said "PK THU-" . There's a trick to make the PK Thunder go faster and...yeah you'll get hit. Try not to get hit by fair, if it's a good Ness they'll most likely fair twice and then that can go into an immediate grab. :/

For Lucas, just avoid his nairs and fsmash I guess...or dair to dtilt to fsmash.

Honestly Bolt, you're not going to play very many good Ness and Lucas people...people don't use them very much. I'm just dumb and use bad characters :D

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey i use ness too lol, just not as much as i used to, he's a fun char its just that peach is more fun so i play her instead.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
hey i use ness too lol, just not as much as i used to, he's a fun char its just that peach is more fun so i play her instead.
Yeah that's true Jlo! Though, I suppose if you went out in the world and got all the players who exclusively play Ness or Lucas it'd be fairly low.

Not as low as some characters though.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

I watched the first episode... and saw it was a mech anime... and gave up on it.
Also, anything that runs past 50 episodes is generally bad.

~Fino
Um, Once Piece? (not the crap version by 4Kids)

That goes past fifty episodes and it's arguably one of the most popular anime in Japan.

Trent

Smash Champion

I watched the first episode... and saw it was a mech anime... and gave up on it.

~Fino

I'm not even that much into Anime, least of all mech anime. I'm very picky on which anime I watch and generally don't like shows that are OMG POPULAR!! (With the exception of Cowboy Beebop and Trigun)

But you have to understand.

TTGL is a way of life. It should be, in fact, a religion. I really don't care for mech anime, but this show is more than just that. Watch up to at least episode 8 or 9 or something before giving it a fair chance, first episode is just introducing the characters.

(Btw, it's only 26 episodes long)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Um, Once Piece? (not the crap version by 4Kids)

That goes past fifty episodes and it's arguably one of the most popular anime in Japan.
Its only because there are barely any fillers. There are no filler arcs I believe. Only 1 or 2 episodes that just don't belong to the story are shown then back to story.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

People who think mech anime is good don't know anything about good anime.

~Fino
People who generalize anime based on the appearance of mechs will never appreciate a good anime.

Mechs simply lay foundation for feats beyond cheesy human powers, its not just Japanfad fodder.

I personally am a fan of the steam/cyberpunk genre, and mechs haven't deterred me from a show since I was 10.

Also what Schism said. Lol animes full of moe and little girls.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Ill admit the series starts off slow. I didnt really like it at first either but if you give it a chance it'll change your life.

The anime isnt even about mechs, it's about believing in yourself and doing the impossible. Seriously, it'll change your life. You'll start playing Melee or something great.

And it's 27 episodes long.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Show is full of GAR and epic, slows down at like episode 8-9 or so, then picks up and is awesome from then on.

Uli

Smash Champion

~Fino
XD joke opinion
i dont even watch mech animes but TTGL is something else. its so FUCCCKING GGOOODDD
moe shiit is amazing idk what you folks are talking about :D
also you dont watch anime thats over 50, YOU READD ITT (and just watch the important parts in the anime :D)

im glad bolt is watching TTGL :D

Show is full of GAR and epic, slows down at like episode 8-9 or so, then picks up and is awesome from then on.
i NEED to rewatch its during winter break
everyone should have a day we all watch it together and talk about it over aim or on the boards XD
more :D
:D

ill give any anime a chance, i got like a 5 ep rule or something...

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
That whole 50+ episodes being bad really only applies to fighting shonen shows and even then most of this bad shows aren't really bad, just very average and mediocre. Either way a lot of classics like Logh and harlock classics are way over 50 episodes into the hundreds and even a lot of modern shows today that are fantastic like Monster and Hajime no Ippo are more then 50 ep.

Its only because there are barely any fillers. There are no filler arcs I believe. Only 1 or 2 episodes that just don't belong to the story are shown then back to story.
I believe there are some filler arcs but from what I understand a lot of the stuff is written or design by Oda so it doesn't seem as ****ty as naruto/bleach filler.

I personally am a fan of the steam/cyberpunk genre
You should definitely watch Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
http://i49.tinypic.com/2aetap0.jpg
Who wouldn't want to watch a show with the guy Slayer is based on?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Fino, being redonkulously (yeah, I stole ptato's word) cocky is forgiveable... but dissing TTGL without an actual reason? I hate mech anime and rarely watch anime ever, but I sat down and watched a few episodes of TTGL anyway. If you give it a chance, you'll see that it has pretty nice art, interesting characters, comedy, love, action, epic catch phrases, and just plain awesome (the music is fantastic.) There's more plot and win in it's short 27 episodes (pretty sure it's 27, not 26, though I could be wrong) than Naruto has in it's two ****ing hundred or whatever ridiculous number of eps it's at by now.

Then again, I guess it's hard to enjoy some of the more epic things in life when you're hung up on the simple things. Get at me, fool. Or the overpopulated fanbase for the series >.>

Tldr; ur gay. :psycho:

nah you're legit I guess, but you're kinda asking for it by posting that here. also F-U about the over exaggerated sexism <_<

Addressing those that actually matter... :chuckle:

I'm 90% we'll be meeting at Honors tomorrow. 12 is when tourney will prolly start, but if anyone can make it earlier, that would be FANTASTIC, since I'm going early to get set up and stand guard... cept Connor's out of town so I'll be getting up early to go claim the building alone ;_; I don't want the nerds to eat me, so company is nice. Also a good chance for friendlies before the, err, friendly tourney o.O

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Uli

Smash Champion
i wanna say im going tomorrow but my mum doesnt want me to go
WHAT DO I DOO
i forgot i dont have class on monday so i could work on my project then :D

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Also Kyle Rayner likes Gurren Lagann, if its good enough for a green lantern it should be enough for anyone.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Yulai you should go. I will be there. I miss NE.

Well, you and JBM, tyser a small amount, smeesh

Mo and Jim carrey mehhhh

jk <3 you guys no homo.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
okay kudou sorry about this but as far as i can see it my friend doesnt have room b/c his family is moving into a smaller house..O_O i mean you could still go its just that we might need to get a hotel...O_O; which is SOOO much MORE..>_< it sucks like this whole plan went from OKAY were doing this...and then...*fart noise*..i still ask him tho cuz he has to talk to his family first since i think they know im coming...he going to ask if i could bring you along...ill let you know in good time since theres still SOoooOoOoo much time...lol

i hope i can go saturday after work but will see..ill text somebody(skizim/Love) to let you guys know if ill be there.

OH joker do u think u could upload those matches from last night?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
So who is showing up tomorrow and can get there early? I don't have a particular time in mind, maybe like 9 or so

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I can't make it there early, I'm already getting up early in order to have time to work out beforehand.
I will be attending though, most likely noon. I'll be bringing my wii and brawl, but I'd rather not have to bring my TV if possible. But if we're in a real bind for set-ups i guess i can.

Also, i'm not going to get parking tickets right? It's free to park there on the weekends?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
It's always been fine before. Tickets are BS anyway, Connor's gotten like 20. We should have a projector and 1 TV for sure, maybe 2 if we get the other to work.. but that's only 3 potential screens for tournies. If it's possible at all, bringing a TV would be a big help, but let me know what you decide. I can bring my ****** 12" too.

§chizm

Smash Lord
We can probably bring a TV/Setup and stuff up with us since only Greg and Joker are riding up with me.
I'm not sure how early we can get up there, I have some stuff I have to do in the morning. 10:30-11ish would probably be the earliest we can get there.

Bolt I've never gotten a ticket when I've parked in the parking lot by there.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'll just most likely bring a set up then. I have no clue where I'm going though as far as once i get into the building anyways. It is the building between Linden annddd MWL right? with the weird roof?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
We're going to Jischke Honors Building, unless I post here saying otherwise tomorrow after I head there. There's the lot in front of Gerdin?? I think, on the stretch where the Memorial Union is, and you can park there fine. From there, walk towards central campus and it's literally right next to Curtiss Hall. If the building is open (I might have to prop it open), it's pretty small.... so just go until you see Brawling. There's like, 3 rooms.

Dekline42

Smash Ace
sorry bros i wont be able to go to des moines D:
my mom really doesnt want me to go, im sad but i dont wanna worry my mummy

-ULi

§chizm

Smash Lord
We're going to Jischke Honors Building, unless I post here saying otherwise tomorrow after I head there. There's the lot in front of Gerdin?? I think, on the stretch where the Memorial Union is, and you can park there fine. From there, walk towards central campus and it's literally right next to Curtiss Hall. If the building is open (I might have to prop it open), it's pretty small.... so just go until you see Brawling. There's like, 3 rooms.
I always found it by seeing the Horticulture Building/Greenhouse.
sorry bros i wont be able to go to des moines D:
my mom really doesnt want me to go, im sad but i dont wanna worry my mummy

-ULi
What is your mom worried about?

Dekline42

Smash Ace
the weather, roads, snow, and yeaaaahh

me and jbm are going to buy infinite world tomorrow and nerding it XD

Top Bottom