• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bead

Smash Ace
I would rather just play lots of friendlies =) sure money is good but you never buy ice cream without trying it ;)

I just want a new taste, gloating is for fun =p

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Rebecca: So we can't have the honor's building this weekend? I thought the other thing was just a back up plan?

If people want they can come to my place for games tonight. Its the middle ground and can hold plenty of people. I'm also not opposed to going into Joker's.

Sherman: Thanks for that about PS2 :)

Tyser: I just don't know man, I'm a maybe. I don't even know the driving situation. If I don't have to drive the chances of me going are significantly better.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Joker's or Jake's is fine with me. If it's at Jokers though I'll wanna catch a ride with you Jake. If that's coooooooooooolllll.

gantrain05

Smash Master
ok i lost my phone, im sure you've texted me by now jake, but yeah you can come pick me up whenever i suppose.

also i'll MM you Bead, you choose my char, lets make it interesting!

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Jake - Ryan can't go. Just an FYI, he'd rather go to a "Sushi party" whatever the hell that is. I guess you eat raw fish, it's all the craze lately.

So uhhh ppl from Ames, anyone going that I can hitch a ride with :)

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Jlo I'm on my way, even though I believe you found your phone.

Bolt if you make it here I can drive you to Joker's if that is indeed where we are going.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Jake - Ryan can't go. Just an FYI, he'd rather go to a "Sushi party" whatever the hell that is. I guess you eat raw fish, it's all the craze lately.

So uhhh ppl from Ames, anyone going that I can hitch a ride with :)
yep. i forget if i have your number. mine is on facebook

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I think games are just going to be here. I talked to Andy and he is gonna come out here. Schism if you wanna take a car from Des Moines here then that is cool, text me what times you are thinking.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so just throwing this out there, is anybody selling their Wii for like $100-$120 or something? or do anyone knows some1 wanting to sell their wii for that amount? hit me up with some infos

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Schism/Kudou if i brought my wii tonight. Could either of you take it and hack it with all the music/skins that Crouse has? Or at least similar. I would like to get it back Saturday since that'd be most convenient.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Me - Tyser's team name is doubles is going to be "Team Edward."

Roommate - Tyser's Asian, there's not any Asian vampires.

Me - Yea but there are a ton of Asians that sparkle

Afrayail

Smash Ace
No, it's still a back up plan. Honors is our target, sorry if I said anything confusing otherwise.

So for sure no games in Ames, right? I don't know if Connor and I can go, or if there'd be room. :S

I guess that means I don't have an excuse to procrastinate anymore. Oh well.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
No, it's still a back up plan. Honors is our target, sorry if I said anything confusing otherwise.

So for sure no games in Ames, right? I don't know if Connor and I can go, or if there'd be room. :S

I guess that means I don't have an excuse to procrastinate anymore. Oh well.
You guys should go to Jake's! Its been forever since we seen you guys!

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Can you PM or text me the address? And has Andy left yet/would there be room with him? We might be able to pull it off, depending. I really miss seeing y'all, and I could definitely use practice.

Edit: Chris gave me stalking material (the address) and I think we can go after I finish up this test I'm taking. Should be fine to chill as long as I bring my laptop and work on my essays at some point. Is there still a way to get a ride with anyone though?

Trent

Smash Champion
It's 'kay, we're gonna kidnap Tyser when I drive to Omaha and bring him to Iowa Saturday.

Does anyone have the physical ADDRESS of the honors building? So I can plug it into a GPS?

Uli

Smash Champion
Tyser: I just don't know man, I'm a maybe. I don't even know the driving situation. If I don't have to drive the chances of me going are significantly better.
i know rebecca is driving in her van, get a ride with her rayquaza (yes razor im calling you this now)

lol at the korean twilight, stoked simply because its korean (not really)

also the chances of me going to des moines this weekend is uhh 50/50
if i can finish my art project i will go if not, FUUUUUUCK

§chizm

Smash Lord
It looks like I'm probably not going up to Jake's for games tonight because I35 is still really bad and my car is a POS.
I'll probably still show up at Joker's though.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I seriously hope the roads are better by saturday. They're still super shitty around here, but roads always suck on the south side of Des Moines so I guess it's not surprising.
Gah, everyone's having fun without me D:<
Nahhhhh.
:laugh: You just chose your worst nightmare.

On another note, sucks that I haven't still got my stuff back from Jake's house and I didn't get to go anywhere for Games, so I'm gonna go back to Chrono Trigger.
Yes.
Play Chrono Trigger. Make sure you get all 13 endings (I think there's 14 in the DS version?).

Dur, you're gonna be the one tying up Tyser in the back seat of my car.
That sounds kinky.

Ptato

Smash Cadet
I LIVE!! I finally hunted down the password for this thing and so yea, I guess I have an account and stuff now. whoo, no more hi-jacking bec's. So yea, I'm kinda boned for next weekend, work is a ***** and scheduled me friday and saturday...I could try to find someone for to switch with but mega-unlikely. Sorry. Also it looks like they're going to try to make me go in to work as soon as the tourney on saturday is done buuuttt, I'm not scheduled so I might just not make it in or something, I told them I had a thing that'll go late night so we'll see.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I LIVE!! I finally hunted down the password for this thing and so yea, I guess I have an account and stuff now. whoo, no more hi-jacking bec's. So yea, I'm kinda boned for next weekend, work is a ***** and scheduled me friday and saturday...I could try to find someone for to switch with but mega-unlikely. Sorry. Also it looks like they're going to try to make me go in to work as soon as the tourney on saturday is done buuuttt, I'm not scheduled so I might just not make it in or something, I told them I had a thing that'll go late night so we'll see.
Holy shitttt it's Connor.
That sucks about next weekend though.
Rebecca are you still planning on going?

Also they can't really make you go in on a day you're not scheduled...
Just tell them you're attending a sexy party or something.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
If there's anyway I can work it out to go, maybe.... but someone else would have to drive my van <.<....

Though I got a call from my parents telling me they're coming to town on the 19th. They might be spending the night, so it's possible if we make it back by Sunday morning, I could still go.. it's just nice that I have no say in when I'm being dragged off to hell (especially since it interferes with some epic plans.)

§chizm

Smash Lord
If there's anyway I can work it out to go, maybe.... but someone else would have to drive my van <.<....
Why would someone else have to drive your van? :confused:

Though I got a call from my parents telling me they're coming to town on the 19th. They might be spending the night, so it's possible if we make it back by Sunday morning, I could still go.. it's just nice that I have no say in when I'm being dragged off to hell (especially since it interferes with some epic plans.)
Oh that sucks.
I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be an issue driving back the night after the tourney if we had to.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I make it fairly well known that I absolutely despise (or fear? >.>) driving, and would frankly rather avoid it when it's not necessary. At least when it comes to driving unfamiliar paths or long distances. :S What do you think I keep Connor around for? :grin:

If I have to drive, I can. I'll just be kind of grumpy or paranoid that I'm going to hit something.

Top Bottom