• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Also, i'm bringing melee with me from now on.

That way i can get my self esteem back up after losing in brawl so much.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Edit: LONG POST IS LONG. In b4 complaints.

@Fino: Make your own sandwich >=( I'm not going to Omaha either, anyway.

@Yink: I'll miss you :( But you have no choice but to come to the next Joker's tourney. :D And glad to see you had a lot of fun with games and gotta have some serious fights at the end against Nick and stuff, since during our match you kept telling me you were so tired of Brawl and bored with it :p

Sorry about the confusion with the brackets or whatnot, but after our first match was semi-legit (both chars we've played.. err.. maybe a little bit >.> and on a legal stage) and I won, you said you just wanted to have fun and mess around cuz you didn't wanna play anymore and would just say I won the set so we could spend the next game or two messing around ^_^ Which is why we did random on 75m, haha. I didn't mean to sound rude with the whole you saying you won thing, since you technically beat my randoms, but I really only agreed to it since I knew you wouldn't take a match seriously and I wanted/badly needed real practice (the next match) :)

It was kind of the same with Connor, where as he used random stuff to humor you so you could have fun (since I know nothing killed Brawl for me like losing to MK..), but it was kinda frustrating for him since he wanted more practice. He was kinda tired/fed up though, so he just let you take the "win" ^^; It was just kind of silly overall.

PS I <3 your little boy cosplay ;)

@Trent/Nick: Glad you guys made it, I was worried about your drive back

@Greg: I think your yelling, Mindy's doll, and Joker's beard scared away those crazy nerds. :D I hope you enjoyed yourself, and the blue moon :p

@Bolt: Your Brawl playing is legit, I don't know what you were talking about. I think we were pretty even in our matches, though I had to go super gay and pull out the ***** since I didn't think I had a character that could match up to Falco on Japes. It's kinda backwards in a way but I said I wouldn't use MK in a match actually worth something (like in a real tourney), since I might not have earned that last win without him and it'd be like robbing ~_~;; And on a random edit: I'll totally play you in Melee so you can proceed to cerb stawmp my noob face.

I felt bad enough about it that just messing around with Trent in our match (I knew I was going to lose anyway so I pulled MK out for fun second match) I couldn't even try to play legit.

Long story short, I don't think I'll be using him for serious ever >.0 Connor might be a ***** and think it's fun to try and make me main MK but besides the fact I'm not that good with him in general, I feel cheap <.< I think I'm going to work with Olimar and Lucario.

@Skyzim: Your ice climbers are pretty ****, or getting there. This is the first time I've seen them, and though you struggled a bit, you're getting the hang of it... grabbing and ****** to a charged kill at 99% was almost as gay as my meta. :p GJ

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
@Yink: I'll miss you :( But you have no choice but to come to the next Joker's tourney. :D And glad to see you had a lot of fun with games and gotta have some serious fights at the end against Nick and stuff, since during our match you kept telling me you were so tired of Brawl and bored with it :p

Sorry about the confusion with the brackets or whatnot, but after our first match was semi-legit (both chars we've played.. err.. maybe a little bit >.> and on a legal stage) and I won, you said you just wanted to have fun and mess around cuz you didn't wanna play anymore and would just say I won the set so we could spend the next game or two messing around ^_^ Which is why we did random on 75m, haha. I didn't mean to sound rude with the whole you saying you won thing, since you technically beat my randoms, but I really only agreed to it since I knew you wouldn't take a match seriously and I wanted/badly needed real practice (the next match) :)

It was kind of the same with Connor, where as he used random stuff to humor you so you could have fun (since I know nothing killed Brawl for me like losing to MK..), but it was kinda frustrating for him since he wanted more practice. He was kinda tired/fed up though, so he just let you take the "win" ^^; It was just kind of silly overall.

PS I <3 your little boy cosplay ;)
Well thanks a lot, it's fun to wear that outfit. ^^

To be honest, I WAS tired of it. Did you see the match I played with Nick? We picked completely ridiculous stages and characters. I was serious about being tired of it. O_o if I wasn't I would have really gone Ness and gone crazy.

I don't care if someone takes the win, I even stated that...I was seriously tired of Brawl, I didn't play anymore that night (oh, except one Razor challenge match that Sekou and Andy wanted me play, but then I let Joker play again).

I didn't want to enter singles after the low tier and doubles, I was playing since like, 12:15 and I was seriously tired of Brawl. Both Nick and I agreed we were tired of it, lol.

So I'm sorry if it offended you that I didn't play hard enough...I will miss you dearly. :(

EDIT: Bolt, you were doing fine. It just takes some time to get used to. :)

Fino

Smash Master
My old gf was the opposite, we were doing teams in tournament and she was playing peach and getting frustrated... so I'm like "psst, pick mk... you get five jumps and if you just hit that red button a lot we can win"
After winning the next two rounds she was thoroughly excited. lulz

~Fino

Uli

Smash Champion
where are results and bracket!!
jk i dont care really

we should have an only MK tourny so we can all get better with our secondaries :D

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Well thanks a lot, it's fun to wear that outfit. ^^

To be honest, I WAS tired of it. Did you see the match I played with Nick? We picked completely ridiculous stages and characters. I was serious about being tired of it. O_o if I wasn't I would have really gone Ness and gone crazy.

I don't care if someone takes the win, I even stated that...I was seriously tired of Brawl, I didn't play anymore that night (oh, except one Razor challenge match that Sekou and Andy wanted me play, but then I let Joker play again).

I didn't want to enter singles after the low tier and doubles, I was playing since like, 12:15 and I was seriously tired of Brawl. Both Nick and I agreed we were tired of it, lol.

So I'm sorry if it offended you that I didn't play hard enough...I will miss you dearly. :(

EDIT: Bolt, you were doing fine. It just takes some time to get used to. :)
I wasn't offended by any means ^^, I just wanted to get as much practice as possible, and so if we just wanted silly matches, I wanted to play Skyzim for practice.

And I was referring to right before Nick left at the very end of the night, when you -were- using Ness :p I don't remember who won, but the match I saw looked pretty intense, and after our match, you played a bunch of doubles or free for alls or what not on the projector and had some fun, but you were playing Nick at least some what seriously if you pulled out your main ^_^;

Definitely know what you mean about being tired, though. I was there since like 10ish (which beats getting there at 7 like I did last time) >.<; I had a good like 14 hours there, haha. Sleep was nice @.@

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I wasn't offended by any means ^^, I just wanted to get as much practice as possible, and so if we just wanted silly matches, I wanted to play Skyzim for practice.

And I was referring to right before Nick left at the very end of the night, when you -were- using Ness :p I don't remember who won, but the match I saw looked pretty intense, and after our match, you played a bunch of doubles or free for alls or what not on the projector and had some fun, but you were playing Nick at least some what seriously if you pulled out your main ^_^;

Definitely know what you mean about being tired, though. I was there since like 10ish (which beats getting there at 7 like I did last time) >.<; I had a good like 14 hours there, haha. Sleep was nice @.@
He asked for a match...and used his main. I figured I should just do the same. I've never played him before. I used Ness then Lucas.

I don't remember playing many singles or doubles after the match, I must be out of it if I can't remember that. I just remember his, then watching a lot of matches, then watching Razor challenges, playing 1 match of that then going home.

I suck.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's cool. I don't see why you feel the need to say you suck :p You were just tired.

It is a bit of a shame I haven't gotten to play you seriously, though. We've never had a 1 vs 1, all I got to judge is our Lucario vs PT match. XD

BOLT08

Smash Lord
****. didn't work.

and like i said becca, no worries. I'm gonna be facing a lot of MK's if i'm ever goign to get serious with lolbrawl.

i suppose i'm expecting a bit much out of myself for only having played seriously/competitively like 4 times. And only practicing like an hour or two max a week, and it's only been like 2 weeks. sigh...i hate starting at the bottom.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I know what you mean about the whole starting at the bottom thing :p

But that's pretty impressive.. if you were committed to being good at Brawl, I think you could really excel.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
JBM? That dude sucks. Im the best Melee player.

It was actually decided last night in a single elimination, tournament mode tournament at David's:

1 - Tyser (lossless)
2 - Smeesh (Lost to Tyser)
3 - Yosh (Lost to Tyser)
3 - Mexi (Lost to Smeesh)
5 - Uli (Lost to Tyser)
5 - Majik (Lost to Smeesh)
7 - JBM (Lost to Tyser)
7 - JBM's friend (Lost to Uli)
7 - JBM's other friend (Lost to Majik)
7 - Mo (Lost to Smeesh)
7 - David (Lost to Mexi)
7 - Echo (Lost to Yosh [LvL.9 Mario represented Echo since he wasnt present])

§chizm

Smash Lord
where are results and bracket!!
jk i dont care really

we should have an only MK tourny so we can all get better with our secondaries :D
1. Joker
2. Me
3. Trent.

Also, LOL.
My Meta Knight is garbs. I'm only good at hitting and running away.

****. didn't work.

and like i said becca, no worries. I'm gonna be facing a lot of MK's if i'm ever goign to get serious with lolbrawl.

i suppose i'm expecting a bit much out of myself for only having played seriously/competitively like 4 times. And only practicing like an hour or two max a week, and it's only been like 2 weeks. sigh...i hate starting at the bottom.
Yeah man you were doing fine.
You just need to play more and get matchup experience. Brawl is like 70 percent matchup experience.

JBM? That dude sucks. Im the best Melee player.

It was actually decided last night in a single elimination, tournament mode tournament at David's:

1 - Tyser
2 - Smeesh
3 - Yosh
3 - Mexi
5 - Uli
5 - Majik
7 - JBM
7 - JBM's friend
7 - JBM's other friend
7 - Mo
7 - David
7 - Echo
Tournament mode should be the standard.
Toooo good.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thXMcwEAmLA

HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO HALO

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes, 1 more test and I'm done with school. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering ya'll.

Kind of bittersweet since I'm gonna have to chill with my parents in Pella until I find a job.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
What were the teams results? I heard at one point that Joker and Chloe had beaten Andy and Sekou.

Bolt I hold myself responsible for your lack of match-up experience with mk. That should be one of the two match-ups you know best when I am the the one working with you.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes, 1 more test and I'm done with school. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering ya'll.

Kind of bittersweet since I'm gonna have to chill with my parents in Pella until I find a job.
eh it wont be that bad, just dont try too hard to get a job and we can game more. its stupid though, since you wont be around for very long before i have to leave for china.

also this last tourney (regardless of my placement) i went to showed that i am absolutely terrible at brawl right now and need a sht ton of practice.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
What were the teams results? I heard at one point that Joker and Chloe had beaten Andy and Sekou.

Bolt I hold myself responsible for your lack of match-up experience with mk. That should be one of the two match-ups you know best when I am the the one working with you.
Yeah, but Andy and Sekou won. They had teamwork like champs the 2nd time we played them so they deserved to win.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
It is unreal how auto tune can make everything sound so BAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_5U_3JmFwU&feature=related

Say hello to the death of singing talent
Fix'd

No offense to you but I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that ****ing charlie bit me video good god. That video is like 3 years old. it wasn't funny in the first place and it will never be funny no matter how many remixes there are.

So joker they're removing the karas infinite and nerfing ryu's Fierce Tatsumaki in TVC: UAS.

BOLT08

Smash Lord

I blame you too. :mad: Ya jerk. Nah you're alright, after thursday and after i get back from christmas stuff with the family i'll be trying to nerd brawl with you at every chance i get.

Fix'd

No offense to you but I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that ****ing charlie bit me video good god. That video is like 3 years old. it wasn't funny in the first place and it will never be funny no matter how many remixes there are.

So joker they're removing the karas infinite and nerfing ryu's Fierce Tatsumaki in TVC: UAS.
You are the first person i have ever heard of not liking that video. EVER.

@Schism: I forgot to mention your icies were pretty impressive, your gonna be scary once you get that chaingrab
down.

@Tyser: who where JBM's friends that he brought? Their names anyways.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
This new geass **** pisses me off. It is my favorite show and now it is probably going to be ruined by this new f*ck that thinks he is lelouch. The speculated outcome based on the show seems inevitable, But i will keep my fingers crossed.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I missed the master ball on ruby, and the entrance to that place got sealed off. So i started over.

Def going to get pokemon to be HM whores. Are there any decent HM's for fighting? Surf seemed to work okay.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
@Tyser: who where JBM's friends that he brought? Their names anyways.
One of em was a short stocky dude. He also seemed pretty buff and had a lisp. He also had one of those beards that isnt really a beard, it kinda just goes around your head. The dude was pretty legit though.

The other guy was a skinny dude who looked like a regular white kid you see everyday. Only thing that I can say to point him out is that he had those big earring things. The one's that are like plugs or something that are about the size of quarters or larger. He also liked getting blazed.

ROFL! Awesome.

[~~EDIT~~]

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
He asked for a match...and used his main. I figured I should just do the same. I've never played him before. I used Ness then Lucas.

I don't remember playing many singles or doubles after the match, I must be out of it if I can't remember that. I just remember his, then watching a lot of matches, then watching Razor challenges, playing 1 match of that then going home.

I suck.

Yeah, I knew me and Trent were about to leave and despite that I've played Brawl NEAR you a whole bunch [AI and then at this tourny] we never got to have a real match. So I thought we should get at least one :p

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I missed the master ball on ruby, and the entrance to that place got sealed off. So i started over.

Def going to get pokemon to be HM whores. Are there any decent HM's for fighting? Surf seemed to work okay.

That sucks :(

Tropius and Marril make good HM slaves. Tyser always used them in the 20 something times he played through the games to get a lv 100 Blaziken. There are no good HM's except for Surf. Fly is usable and Waterfall's only good in the newest games, but other than that, HM's suck in battles.

Pic wouldve been better if it was Weedle vs Charizard. Good pic nonetheless.

Top Bottom