• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I would invite you to come play games but games dont happen on Tuesdays.

EDIT: Okay, so get this. I had a dream last night about that commercial of Family Guy where Quagmire has a baby and names her Anna Lee. And the whole dream was just me trying to say Anna Lee but I couldnt remember it even if someone told me it. I woke up and felt dumb as hell.
I also watched some hypnotist do the same thing to some unsuspecting people. Asked them what their own names were and the people didnt know the answer. Crazy stuff man.
But yeah, the dream was ********. I am ********.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Are these always on the 14th of every month? And what does attendance usually look like?
The date varies they tend to be on the last Saturday of the month but we just discuss which date works for most people.

As for attendance around 20 or so close to 30 on a good day ^.^

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Well Joker, i forgot my blanket and pillow at your house, that is the downfall to making sure you have everything once you leave and are 4 hours away. Keeps life fun that way tho.

Also, has anyone watched ef a Tale of Memories?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
so according to the title of this thread, the next monthly is in january, so does that mean that we're probably just gonna have a smashfest or something for december?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
so according to the title of this thread, the next monthly is in january, so does that mean that we're probably just gonna have a smashfest or something for december?
Yeah I decided to just make the next one in January.
Mainly cause ShermantheTank wanted to have one on December plus Afrayail should be doing the biweekly so yeah <(^.^<)

Trent

Smash Champion
Well let's get some dates listed (Sherman / Afrayail), sooner we get dates the better chance people can get them off! (Like me :( )

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Throw dates at me, I can host pretty much whenever.. The only thing is about mid to late December I'm getting dragged back up to be with the family. *shudder*

Uli

Smash Champion
going to jokers in december was fun last time
hot coco
melee
starcraft
MTG
:3

nice spoiler tag tyser XD

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
December = Starcraft tournament

Me and Jlo in doubles vs anyone; money matches!

Sago / WI: Attendance has steadily been rising though. I would actually estimate it will be near 30 for brawl every time now. If some groups that came last time continue to come a realistic number could be 40 on average. A lot of the groups that came for the first time last time seemed to act like they were going to become regulars.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well if december is declared as "no smash december" then a lot of people r already disowning the tradition. well if anything, kind of like what Razor said, december = other games besides smash \(^o^)/

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm probably going to do character cakes again this December for Brawl. I made a Kirby and Jigglypuff one last year. Any requests?

EDIT: Please not something really hard, like the PKMN Trainer and his PKMN.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Holy snap recorded videos are up. Also I'm Metal Sonic? Whaaaat? Joker umad.
Yeah they where saved on my Wii and was recording some replays and saw those matches I also had switched back to my textures which is why you're Metal Sonic and Andy is Striker Wario

Also we can have a Pokemon tourney too with StarCraft for sure <(^.^<)

§chizm

Smash Lord
Throw dates at me, I can host pretty much whenever.. The only thing is about mid to late December I'm getting dragged back up to be with the family. *shudder*
Any Saturday works for me since I don't work then.
Should have a Herzog Zwei Tournament.

Turnout is me playing by myself in the corner.
Wow I loved that game.
I'm probably going to do character cakes again this December for Brawl. I made a Kirby and Jigglypuff one last year. Any requests?

EDIT: Please not something really hard, like the PKMN Trainer and his PKMN.
That sounds crazy. :laugh:
Yeah they where saved on my Wii and was recording some replays and saw those matches I also had switched back to my textures which is why you're Metal Sonic and Andy is Striker Wario

Also we can have a Pokemon tourney too with StarCraft for sure <(^.^<)
Oh man I haven't played SC in a whillleee.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I've still got Pokemon stadium for the 64 hiding somewhere...

Does December 19th work for everyone? That's the Saturday before Christmas.

Also, if we're doing obscure tournies for this, how about Gears of War 1 or 2 two v twos?

Bead

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be in Iowa for about a month. Dec 20-Jan 17
Any smashfests or anything going on. And Chloe, I'll have my car so I can steal Molly and go to Ames if you want =p

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
How about having the tourney Friday? I'm sure that people would be off from school by then. Then we could spend the day at FFC together or something. Just a suggestion. :laugh:

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Expect something in Ames either the 5th or 12th of December, then. Any preferences?

.......then again, is the flea market in Des Moines that weekend? =.o; I haven't gotten to go to that for awhile so that might influence decisionnz.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm gonna be in Iowa for about a month. Dec 20-Jan 17
Any smashfests or anything going on. And Chloe, I'll have my car so I can steal Molly and go to Ames if you want =p
That would be awesome. =]

@Rebecca: I'll try to make them if they're the 5th or the 12th, depends on how much studying for finals I want to do and/or NEED to do :laugh:

Top Bottom