• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
That tournament was epic fail. I still can't believe it. I knew it was going to be unfortunate when they came and told us that an area of six restaurant booths was the "brawl area."

At least we met some cool people :)

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Blank, don't be gay. If you think that you can't be yourself or people won't like you then you aren't giving your friends enough credit. You'd have to be a pretty big piece of **** for us to not like you. I mean, look at Tyser; we still like him!
Whoa! People like me?

*shock

And yeah dude. Do what ever the fuck you wanna do, Blank. Just be yourself though. If people like you, thats awesome. If they dont, well fuck em. You're just 14 so maybe youre lettin all the stress get to you or some jack. You'll man up sooner or later I hope.

But seriously, what do 14 year olds do that is more important that video gaming besides school?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Quitting smash falls into the area of doing what I want to do.

But seriously, what do 14 year olds do that is more important that video gaming besides school?
Terminally ill relatives, relatives who want to strangle me, two-faced paranoid relatives who keep me up at night with crying, relatives who leech off my money while sitting in jail, expectations I can't fulfill among other things and at the highpoint I've realized what I want to do in life and why I hate my family. Its inspiration enough for me to stop putting other expectations above my own, and yet the stigma of what you just stated still holds me back. Everyone thinks I haven't grown up at all, that I just want to play video games all my life and that I would never survive in the real world.

There are more reasons then that, but details are details. My mother still wants to move to Georgia after she gets out of prison, which could be in a month or so. However, ideally I'm looking to get a job and move downtown with my aunt. I'm far too inspired to be living with someone who has such a narrow-minded perception of me.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
^This. We may not have a tourney till then since last time we did holidays got on the way and only had NE showed up so we just played Smash64 and StarCraft ^.^
However we may just have one early December but chances are slim T.T
well if anything thing, december is just gonna be like a smashfest or something. if we cant really have a tourney in december because of the holidays, we should just have a party or something, if so then its gonna be fun \(^o^)/

just to throw this out there, he's actually 16 not 14 if u didnt know. those two years makes a big difference when talking about age

complicated family stuff
oh i freakin knew it, i knew it was all about family issues since u've told me about it before awhile back. if anything, u just gotta do what u gotta do since its ur life and u should live it how u want.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Blank:

Even if you decide to quit brawl, hang with us. No matter how SRS BSNS life gets, you need to have fun.

You could still come and play friendlies and stuff even if you don't play competitively.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
hey Yink, I don't mean to be a dirty mooch and be rude, but how many extra good controllers do you have? I could really use one and I'd like not to have to spend the money buying a new one.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
3. I just ate a Sammich. They taste better when Yink makes them.
Hell yeah. You bet they do.

hey Yink, I don't mean to be a dirty mooch and be rude, but how many extra good controllers do you have? I could really use one and I'd like not to have to spend the money buying a new one.
Well, I gave Jake the best one I had, so you'll have to let me look. I have 4 official Nintendo ones left and then 2 other ones that aren't bad.

Just an FYI all of my controllers are in good shape.

Also sorry the tournament was so fail. I was ACTUALLY in Chicago but Andy told me not even to bother, so I just walked around with my younger cousins who apparently freaked out because there was a random guy dressed as Captain Falcon running around. He hit on me and I hit on him. ...seriously I hit him in the face.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Im deciding whether to grow out a crusty 'stache again or not. What do you guys think?
Absolutely not. No. Krusty stache is krusty. Maybe if you could do the fu man chu.
Hell yeah. You bet they do.

Well, I gave Jake the best one I had, so you'll have to let me look. I have 4 official Nintendo ones left and then 2 other ones that aren't bad.

Just an FYI all of my controllers are in good shape.

Also sorry the tournament was so fail. I was ACTUALLY in Chicago but Andy told me not even to bother, so I just walked around with my younger cousins who apparently freaked out because there was a random guy dressed as Captain Falcon running around. He hit on me and I hit on him. ...seriously I hit him in the face.
If they're in good shape they're better than any of the ones I have lol. I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm glad I got ahold of you before you came. There were zero friendlies to be had. Schism got to play 2 matches the entire day because no one needed a doubles partner and the bracket was single elimination.

We should have come to walk around Chicago with you.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
That would've been fun...hell I'm sure my cousins would have loved to just play brawl with you guys. Jeez one of them is really good with Mario. I'm proud of him. He got mad at me though because I hit him with a PKT and he went, "PKT is so gay and unfair and Ness is too good". I just laughed and then he said I should use SNAKE BECAUSE SNAKE IS BAD.

*waits for the wrath of Joker*

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
That would've been fun...hell I'm sure my cousins would have loved to just play brawl with you guys. Jeez one of them is really good with Mario. I'm proud of him. He got mad at me though because I hit him with a PKT and he went, "PKT is so gay and unfair and Ness is too good". I just laughed and then he said I should use SNAKE BECAUSE SNAKE IS BAD.

*waits for the wrath of Joker*
HOW DARE HE I SHOULD SLAP SOME SENSE INTO HIM :mad:

But yeah even I thought Snake was going to be bad, when I saw him on the Trailer he seemed slow and his moves looked lagy then you find out he was **** ^.^

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
HOW DARE HE I SHOULD SLAP SOME SENSE INTO HIM :mad:

But yeah even I thought Snake was going to be bad, when I saw him on the Trailer he seemed slow and his moves looked lagy then you find out he was **** ^.^
Oh god I thought you'd hurt me... :(

jk.

Hope you at least enjoyed doing well at the tourney.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Im deciding whether to grow out a crusty 'stache again or not. What do you guys think?
NO.
Yeah I'm glad I got ahold of you before you came. There were zero friendlies to be had. Schism got to play 2 matches the entire day because no one needed a doubles partner and the bracket was single elimination.

We should have come to walk around Chicago with you.
Yeah that was pretty sweet.
I couldn't even try out Climbers because my only match was against one of two Snakes there. :rolleyes:

You bitches see the ROM2 results? Shits fucking incredible!
Wow.
Kage aparrently ***** faces.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh my gawd, I'm 19 now. Too bad that's nothing special. I did like what Joker gave me though;

You're one year older, one year wiser
Rock n'roll star, king, czar and a kaiser.
A roomful of friends, a mouthful of cake
Every present is for you, and it feels pretty great!

You're the man of the hour, the V.I.P.
You get the first slice of the P.I.E.
But first blow out the candles, and make a wish
Put a smile on-- 'coz it's your birthday, *****!

Thanks Joker :p

Nicole

Smash Champion
Oh my gawd, I'm 19 now. Too bad that's nothing special. I did like what Joker gave me though;

You're one year older, one year wiser
Rock n'roll star, king, czar and a kaiser.
A roomful of friends, a mouthful of cake
Every present is for you, and it feels pretty great!

You're the man of the hour, the V.I.P.
You get the first slice of the P.I.E.
But first blow out the candles, and make a wish
Put a smile on-- 'coz it's your birthday, *****!

Thanks Joker :p
Heh heh, did you write that yourself Joker? :bee:

And happy birthday Yink, by the way.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start having monthly tournaments at my apartment in Omaha. I'm thinking Brawl/Melee plus anything else anyone wants to play. Maybe starting December 18th or 19th?

Anyway lemme know if you'd be interested in showing/anything I can do that would make you interested in showing.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
As long as the schedules don't end up interfering with Joker's, I could definitely see trying to make it up. We were in the process of setting up something so Iowa could have a bi-weekly thing (Joker's, the big one, then having a smaller one in Ames opposite his, possibly themed around having low tier tourneys, etc.)

I didn't think this would be possible for awhile since I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go to Iowa State Uni next semester, but I think it's really likely that I am.. so yay for still being able to host for now. >.>

Trent

Smash Champion
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start having monthly tournaments at my apartment in Omaha. I'm thinking Brawl/Melee plus anything else anyone wants to play. Maybe starting December 18th or 19th?

Anyway lemme know if you'd be interested in showing/anything I can do that would make you interested in showing.
Mysterious Silver and I would definately be attending. As long as it doesn't conflict with Joker's.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
How is the Brawl scene in Nebraska? I only know of Austin and Ed who plays. Is there really that much more? I'm just asking. I would like to attend too.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Hey everyone,

I know there's a Melee tournament at FFC on the 20th, but I don't think that would affect anything, since we don't really play Melee here anyway.
We could probably show up to this though pretty easily.

As long as the schedules don't end up interfering with Joker's, I could definitely see trying to make it up. We were in the process of setting up something so Iowa could have a bi-weekly thing (Joker's, the big one, then having a smaller one in Ames opposite his, possibly themed around having low tier tourneys, etc.)

I didn't think this would be possible for awhile since I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go to Iowa State Uni next semester, but I think it's really likely that I am.. so yay for still being able to host for now. >.>
Yeah that sounds good.
I don't think there is going to be an "actual" Joker's monthly for December since everyone is always busy, but I'm not sure what Joker decided. I think it was just going to be a big smashfest or something. We did one last December and pretty much no one was there. I'm not sure what Joker wants to do though.

I know of like.. 10 or so people. I think? They just never travel OoS.
It would be interesting to see some new people if they actually showed up.
Sherman have I ever seen you before? I'm pretty sure I'd remember another Pit player but I dunno.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker/Bone: Jlo and JB want to come up to play some magic this afternoon. I'm gonna tag along. I think we are going to leave around 2 putting us there around 3ish? Just giving you a heads up.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
I've only been to Joker's once, I think that was the September one? Might have been in October, not really sure.

I'd make sure it didn't interfere; I'm trying to get some more opportunities to Smash. Plus it'll give you Iowa guys a chance to win some money, assuming Joker doesn't show XD

Top Bottom