• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Only 7 people in the van?

Someone who won't leech money off Peeks should go.

Edit: I'll definitely try and get more money to bring for myself though. Most all my money right now is with a relative...

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
So no one has responded to any housing questions whatsoever.

I stand corrected, some people from Michigan are attending. Lain posted in the thread but I'm not sure if he is coming.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So unless we found some generous people at the venue, we'd proly need a hotel or to come back on the same night we go.

I guess I'll be at Joker's later tonight if this is still happening. I got some money back so I should be well-off, but a hotel seems pricey.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I don't want to stay in a hotel. If we can't make housing work we will have to drive there and back in one day.

Peeks I'll bring us some speed.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Peeks, you are executor of this whole event you need to or Joker needs to get on here and tell people who is coming and not coming.

Andy, it doesn't really matter.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Is Jlo going to be able to make it?

Well how it sounded like last nite, if Jlo does go it would be:

1. Me
2. Joker
3. Razor
4. Love
5. Schism
6. Andy
7. Jlo

7 is the max that The van can do, the back seat is kind of ******** so even with 7 it will be mildly snug. Priority last nite we decided to give priority to those who are playing Brawl.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Ok, Well we need to leave no later then 6, maybe even 5:30ish cuz me and Joker were looking at the thread last nite and it says that registration ends at 11.

Scratch the 5:30 cuz Joker just found a # that we will call if we are to arrive a little late.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I talked to Andy and we decided we were leaving here at 5:15 so that puts us there at around 5:45-6:00. So be all packed and ready to go by then and we will be good.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Ah I won't get to see my buddy win melty blood. Man the one tourney we'd both be at, and proly the only Brawl+ tourney I'd ever attend. You guys better do really well then.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Good luck everyone! =^_^= I'm rooting for you all, so make sure you **** some butt and place really high.

Row row fight the POWAH!?

gantrain05

Smash Master
i've decided not to sleep because i didn't get off work until nearly 3 am. i hope we will be stopping someplace so i can buy 3 gallons of monster and about 12 of those 5 hour energy things.

also, this is a Brawl+ tourney?! no worries blank, im gonna win that **** with my squirtle.

but as of now, its off to DISGAEA 2 for like 2 hours til jake picks my *** up.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
i've decided not to sleep because i didn't get off work until nearly 3 am. i hope we will be stopping someplace so i can buy 3 gallons of monster and about 12 of those 5 hour energy things.

also, this is a Brawl+ tourney?! no worries blank, im gonna win that **** with my squirtle.

but as of now, its off to DISGAEA 2 for like 2 hours til jake picks my *** up.
same here with the no sleep cuz vos got the new mario bros game. I'm leaving for Jake's soon.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Quitting Smash

I've come to realize its time for me to quit smash. No matter what perspective I look at it from its just time for me to quit. Its no ones fault but my own that I wasted so much money going to tourneys to play a game I don't really care about, then when the opportunity to go to a tournament where I'd play 3/4 of the games there, meet a really good friend I've been meaning to see in tournament for a long time, and would have a fair chance at winning in at least some of the events comes along I have no means to go. One of the few tourneys I had reason and nothing went my way in the end.

This isn't the only occurrence where my logic just nagged at me. For one I went to most all of our OOS tourneys because everyone was going and it just seemed like a blunder for me not to attend. Now looking back I wasted valuable time and money. There are too many things going on with my life for me to be doing such things. Not to mention socially it wasn't a particularly rational endeavor. I didn't go to my first tourney looking for friends after all. Its become apparent anyways that if I were my true self I'd probably be hated and many of you would find me annoying. Having to care what people think about me is tedious and morosely counterproductive for me, and unfortunately I can't help that tendency. Even Schizm brings up the fact that I'm too young to be hanging out without some portion of awkwardness. As I said before, I'm an all or nothing person, and if people can't see all of me I'd rather be irrelevant to them.

Obviously I care enough to make this post, and that makes me somewhat of a narcissist, but its the least I can do to get the idea of going to tourneys out of my mind entirely. After all, for some people this will be the only real impression I'll make, and that bothers me. It bothers me enough that I'd rather not go to another tourney until it becomes worth my while somehow. I'd rather wallow in my current situation then foresee anything smash-related for a good time. A pity party in a sunken ship is more enjoyable then celebration built off a high tide. At least there there is introspection enough to see where you belong, and with none of the eventual crashing down later. After all, one grows tired of trying their luck when others only see a single side of the coin.

Don't think I shared any magnanimosity, but if my opinion could stretch farther then video games I'd at least say I have no qualms. A free conscience is useless to me so I won't request it. Don't expect much reply on the boards either I suppose, it'd be likewise if I had moved to Georgia at the time I foreshadowed. I'll see you guys when-never.

Cook

Smash Master
the next post is MEANINGLESS!!!
I've come to realize its time for me to quit smash. No matter what perspective I look at it from its just time for me to quit. Its no ones fault but my own that I wasted so much money going to tourneys to play a game I don't really care about, then when the opportunity to go to a tournament where I'd play 3/4 of the games there, meet a really good friend I've been meaning to see in tournament for a long time, and would have a fair chance at winning in at least some of the events comes along I have no means to go. One of the few tourneys I had reason and nothing went my way in the end.

This isn't the only occurrence where my logic just nagged at me. For one I went to most all of our OOS tourneys because everyone was going and it just seemed like a blunder for me not to attend. Now looking back I wasted valuable time and money. There are too many things going on with my life for me to be doing such things. Not to mention socially it wasn't a particularly rational endeavor. I didn't go to my first tourney looking for friends after all. Its become apparent anyways that if I were my true self I'd probably be hated and many of you would find me annoying. Having to care what people think about me is tedious and morosely counterproductive for me, and unfortunately I can't help that tendency. Even Schizm brings up the fact that I'm too young to be hanging out without some portion of awkwardness. As I said before, I'm an all or nothing person, and if people can't see all of me I'd rather be irrelevant to them.

Obviously I care enough to make this post, and that makes me somewhat of a narcissist, but its the least I can do to get the idea of going to tourneys out of my mind entirely. After all, for some people this will be the only real impression I'll make, and that bothers me. It bothers me enough that I'd rather not go to another tourney until it becomes worth my while somehow. I'd rather wallow in my current situation then foresee anything smash-related for a good time. A pity party in a sunken ship is more enjoyable then celebration built off a high tide. At least there there is introspection enough to see where you belong, and with none of the eventual crashing down later. After all, one grows tired of trying their luck when others only see a single side of the coin.

Don't think I shared any magnanimosity, but if my opinion could stretch farther then video games I'd at least say I have no qualms. A free conscience is useless to me so I won't request it. Don't expect much reply on the boards either I suppose, it'd be likewise if I had moved to Georgia at the time I foreshadowed. I'll see you guys when-never.
o.0

I hope Uli was right?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I rofl'd. A simple, Im done playing Smash would have sufficed. We didnt need johns.
I'm no Tyser that quits every other month. If I didn't john before I quit smash then I wouldn't be taken seriously. I don't expect anyone to read my posts anyways.

I type like I talk, to waste breath and other people's time.

Top Bottom