• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Yeh that should be fine. Like 6-12? Sound good? Obviously times can vary but ya'll need to leave by 12 at the latest most likely.

Andy remind Chloe to bring that controller for me :)

Edit: So at this point how is all at least interested in Chicago? - Peeks, Love, Joker, Me, Blank ....? Any more?

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
That is a world of unfortunate. Could you go to your professor tomorrow morning and say that you have a family issue that has come up? Ask if you can take the test during office hours tomorrow?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Btw how many people would feel safe driving with me to more OOS tournies after I got my license? Inb4NoOne.
if u can promise me that we wont crash and die then im fine with anything \(^o^)/

Hey guys, i just confirmed with my parents and i got the van, so that can have 7 spots, 8 if we absolutly must, so i will show up noonish tomorrow at Jokers in the Peeks Party Van!!!
so is peeks the only one driving to chicago now? so 7-8 people max? just for to confirm, who is all goin exactly?

I knew you guys had my back >.0
And I saw the shoryuken to epic I still want IHOP T.T
the win was so epic a shoryuken was needed. we should hit up a ihop sometime since i missed out after the tourney since tony and his cousin had things to do. i really wanted that ihop ;_;

@Kudou-Kun: Who are you? I remember seeing someone watch our matches and he kept shaking his head every time something happen to Joker...I dont remember too many people watching the match so Idk if that was you or not
yeah i was the asian guy with short hair that was sitting to joker's right.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeh that should be fine. Like 6-12? Sound good? Obviously times can vary but ya'll need to leave by 12 at the latest most likely.

Andy remind Chloe to bring that controller for me :)

Edit: So at this point how is all at least interested in Chicago? - Peeks, Love, Joker, Me, Blank ....? Any more?
I'll remember it. I already have it in my bag. SOMEONE TOOK MY NEW ONE. :( So, I'll have to give you an older one :(

Also I can make you a sig, you just need to give me an image to work with. Try PLANETRENDERS they have the best stuff.

ANOTHER ALSO, I'll try to come to the tournament myself, seeing as my family is GOING to Chicago. :laugh:

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Chloe I will leave it entirely up to your creative expressionism. <Make it kind black n white with random color splashed in like yours>

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Chloe I will leave it entirely up to your creative expressionism. <Make it kind black n white with random color splashed in like yours>
Sure, I can do that...but what do you want in it? Your Main? MK? YOU?

Oh and obviously don't ask me to do text, seeing as I cannot spell:

... LOOK IT'S LUAS :/

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
EDIT: FINO IS NO LONGER GOING TO CHICAGO...sorry
What about Fino now? I mean he is really the one that rallied us together and motivated us to go.
^this might answer ur question. also i was just talkin to Tony and it sounds like he really wanted to go since there is gonna be Tekken 6 but he has to work out his work times and such just like me

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I don't think Nebraska is going Zash.

Chloe: Could you do part Dedede and part Mk?

We would need to arrange housing and such.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I don't think Nebraska is going Zash.

Chloe: Could you do part Dedede and part Mk?

We would need to arrange housing and such.
You got it...as for the style you want...you can choose from these three: (Just making sure I know what you're asking for)

^ (Basically what I did for this is choose a color from the image and let it stand out) ^

Also if anyone wants typography (because LOVE SEEMS SO INTERESTED) I can do that too.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Yo, Chloe. Dont make that sig I requested if you are even going to do it. Hara is no longer on the top of my list so having her on my sig would be meaningless :p

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
OMFG kudo just called me and told me about this chicago trip...ZOMFG...>_< i wana go soo bad....if i wouldve know like yesterday i could of MAYBE got those days off...but knowing my manager..its hard to tell...>_< but i im going to call tomorrow and talk to him and see if i could get those days off. ill let you guys know tomorrow if i could or not.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Chloe I really like the last one, and red is conveniently my favorite color as well. I'm really open though to whatever you do, since you are doing me the favor of making it.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I guess I'm going with you guys this weekend.

I don't know about games tomorrow since I'm supposed to work until 10:30 but I'll see about getting off or something.

Also my Climbers are coming along pretty well so far. :bee:

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Rofl @ mango commentating his own match

He keeps doin that!
You posted this in the wrong thread. Iowa doesnt know shit about Melee lol.

I also watched this on livestream. It was more funny because of all the comments.

I just learned Zelda's Lullaby! Playing Ocarina of Time.
That game is amazing. I wanna play it again even though I just beat it a few months ago.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I really really really wanna come out for this again next month so I can have my REVENGE!! err....play some of the cool ppl here and not be hated upon too badly ;)

I'm coming for you joker......time to break that 1-1 we have going!!!!!!!

§chizm

Smash Lord
You posted this in the wrong thread. Iowa doesnt know shit about Melee lol.
:mad::mad::mad088::mad088:
I really really really wanna come out for this again next month so I can have my REVENGE!! err....play some of the cool ppl here and not be hated upon too badly ;)

I'm coming for you joker......time to break that 1-1 we have going!!!!!!!
We should probably figure out when the next monthly is even going to be (if we have one).

Trent

Smash Champion
Off topic I've been working with hackin teh wii for a while now and am kinda stumped. I have the Homebrew channel installed, but how do I get Gekko OS on there? Any help would be cool, thanks.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Off topic I've been working with hackin teh wii for a while now and am kinda stumped. I have the Homebrew channel installed, but how do I get Gekko OS on there? Any help would be cool, thanks.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Gecko_OS
I'm not sure exactly what you need help with. You should just be able to download the file and then drop it into the Apps folder on your SD card.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I just watched some commentary on random old vids and just realized that I FUCKING HATE when people call me "Tie-sir." I feel like calling them ******** asshats then strangling them to death.

It's pronounced "Tie-zer" morons.

I had to release the rage. Get at me.

napZzz

Smash Hero
This is where I was stuck for awhile too. lol. Sometimes the sd card can make **** not work I guess if you have like...an SDHC one I think is what they are called.

I switched sd cards and was able to do it just fine,or maybe that was just me being stupid the first time i was messing up.

Breezy for top tier peoples

§chizm

Smash Lord
This is where I was stuck for awhile too. lol. Sometimes the sd card can make **** not work I guess if you have like...an SDHC one I think is what they are called.

I switched sd cards and was able to do it just fine,or maybe that was just me being stupid the first time i was messing up.
Actually I think the Wii started supporting SDHC as of System Menu 4.0, and the Homebrew Channel has supported them for a while. I know most people didn't update that far though.

Breezy for top tier peoples
Ganondorf is scary.

napZzz

Smash Hero
oh, I had no clue. It was just me being ******** like I figured then of course. ;)

I'm at 4.1 D: one step away from death unless I stop being lazy and upgrade it correctly -.- I'm afraid my little brother is gonna **** up my wii somehow and update it

I'm actually trying to get breezy to quit ganon. At least in singles. Imagine what he could do if he would just apply himself to a good character

for those who haven't seen it-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpekoGbwro

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
GGS to the few I played at allplay. XD

Joker you need to have people over the weekend tvc: UAS comes out here (If the weather isn't too bad that is) It was fun teaching you some stuff about tvc and such. If you're wondering what happened to tvc, uli ended up putting his comp away and I had no brackets but meh it's fine. I ended up playing !zzy in grand finals and he beat me, I have it recorded and I will upload the match soon.

Also Love you're awesome, I didn't know you like owl city! Barely anybody besides me among my friends likes them lol. If you like them you might like the postal service.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm actually trying to get breezy to quit ganon. At least in singles. Imagine what he could do if he would just apply himself to a good character

for those who haven't seen it-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpekoGbwro
Wowww get *****. :laugh:
Yeah Ganondorf is pretty bad but people can play whatever makes them happy. They just need to remember they probably won't win any tournaments with low tiers, or most mid tier for that matter. I mean I'm dropping GaW for singles and that dude is A tier (at the moment at least). :ohwell:

GGS to the few I played at allplay. XD

Joker you need to have people over the weekend tvc: UAS comes out here (If the weather isn't too bad that is) It was fun teaching you some stuff about tvc and such. If you're wondering what happened to tvc, uli ended up putting his comp away and I had no brackets but meh it's fine. I ended up playing !zzy in grand finals and he beat me, I have it recorded and I will upload the match soon.

Also Love you're awesome, I didn't know you like owl city! Barely anybody besides me among my friends likes them lol. If you like them you might like the postal service.
Joker will most likely be in Chicago for a tourney this weekend (if people are still going?).

Also I know Jake and I both listen to Owl City as well. We were all going to go to the concert here last month but it sold out crazy fast.
Postal Service is amazing.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm a bigger owl city fan than both of you combined x2.

I also missed out on seeing owl city because it got sold out before I even knew about it -.-

I think Game and watch should b like C tier

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
WTF I didn't know there was a concert....oh well.

Hey skyzm did uli get his converter back?
Oh I was talking about the weekend Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Ultimate All Stars comes out which is in january so yeah.

Top Bottom