• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Uli

Smash Champion
i just watched the final match of grand finals
my loredddddd
toon link looks like one annoying son of a biiiittcchh
good shiiit!!!d

pokemon manga is soo godd daamnn gooooooodddd

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
grand finals were too good, i was there for every match. the last match was the best cause when joker finally won, me and tony pretty much did a shoryuken at the end of the match \(^o^)/

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Hey, so for my Sabrina team, what game should I use? o.O I'd love to be old school and pull out pokemon red or something, but I'm assuming what you're talking about are the newer DS games?

Also, everyone get ready for another Ames tourney. Depending upon how many TVs we get and who all would come (I'm guessing our numbers might be down a bit from last AT.. T-T) we'd like to have a low tier singles tournament, a regular singles tournament, and a regular doubles. If we don't have as many TVs/attendance/whatever, then expect a low tier tourney with regular doubles on the side.

Might consider a "Money Match Tourney," where as entry is a dollar, and it's played entirely in coin matches. Might make it free for all, again, depending upon everyone's input :p

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'm thinking PCity and I need to get the Knightmares ready for this weekend
You need to get Joker and Schism ready for the weekend?

Also becca and connor: Do any of you play low tiers? Low tier consists of:

Zelda, Bowser, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Ness, Lucas, Mario, Samus, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Link, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf.

sluys

Smash Journeyman

Zelda, Bowser, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Ness, Lucas, Mario, Samus, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Link, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf.

oh it's Why So Serious now isnt it? **facepalm

Whatever you call yourselves we need to rebuild you.... make you better/faster/stronger/smarter

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Yeah I want to enter B+, BlazBlue etc.

If Peeks can't get his van then I'll give up my spot. Btw how many people would feel safe driving with me to more OOS tournies after I got my license? Inb4NoOne.

Afrayail

Smash Ace

Just cuz Connor always has to be S tier and I hover around A doesn't meant we don't have low tier loves. :( Bowser is one of my favorite chars and I really like Pokemon Trainer (mainly for Charizard), but Connor is all about Ike. He also likes Lucas, Mario and Samus. He used to play low tiers against our old crew all the time because he was too good with the MK ***** <.<;

Disclaimer: that being said, that doesn't mean we're necessarily really good with them >.>; At least on my half, anyway.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Hey, so for my Sabrina team, what game should I use? o.O I'd love to be old school and pull out pokemon red or something, but I'm assuming what you're talking about are the newer DS games?
It has to be the newer games. If it were Red and Blue, some people wouldnt be able to get some of their pokemon, like the Sinnoh gymleaders

Afrayail

Smash Ace
It has to be the newer games. If it were Red and Blue, some people wouldnt be able to get some of their pokemon, like the Sinnoh gymleaders
That's what I meant. I know that the newer leaders will need new games no matter what, I just already figured it'd be best to try and match whatever one everyone else will have to ensure that people can play all of us, since newer games wouldn't be that backwards compatible anyway, would they?

But either way, what game would you guys recommend? For this use or just in general. I haven't finished Ruby or played any games since.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
That's what I meant. I know that the newer leaders will need new games no matter what, I just already figured it'd be best to try and match whatever one everyone else will have to ensure that people can play all of us, since newer games wouldn't be that backwards compatible anyway, would they?

But either way, what game would you guys recommend? For this use or just in general. I haven't finished Ruby or played any games since.
DS games are a must. I dont think you absolutely need the 3rd generation games to do Sabrina's team.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Im gettin a DSi and Platinum for Christmas so I can prepare myself for everything. Ill get Heart Gold when it happens.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker I may show up for a bit tonight around 8 after I get off work (assuming I don't feel like shit).
Kool beans ^.^

grand finals were too good, i was there for every match. the last match was the best cause when joker finally won, me and tony pretty much did a shoryuken at the end of the match \(^o^)/
I knew you guys had my back >.0
And I saw the shoryuken to epic I still want IHOP T.T

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
So what is our plan now? Peeks has his van does that mean we are going to Chicago?

Peeks what are you thinking?

MJG

Smash Hero
I thought our last match ended differently TBH..i forgot about the Nikita kill (Too late at night to remember ;o)

@Tyser: Thanks..but I can get better...Im working on the new bomb tricks right now and some new ways to become even more annoying ^_^

@Kudou-Kun: Who are you? I remember seeing someone watch our matches and he kept shaking his head every time something happen to Joker...I dont remember too many people watching the match so Idk if that was you or not..

@Joker: YOU LIVE FOREVER >_>

EDIT: FINO IS NO LONGER GOING TO CHICAGO...sorry

Trent

Smash Champion

Zelda, Bowser, Ike, Sawnik, Pokemon Trainer, Ness, Lucas, Mario, Samus, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Link, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf.
Fixed for accuracy!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I thought our last match ended differently TBH..i forgot about the Nikita kill (Too late at night to remember ;o)

@Tyser: Thanks..but I can get better...Im working on the new bomb tricks right now and some new ways to become even more annoying ^_^

@Kudou-Kun: Who are you? I remember seeing someone watch our matches and he kept shaking his head every time something happen to Joker...I dont remember too many people watching the match so Idk if that was you or not..

@Joker: YOU LIVE FOREVER >_>

EDIT: FINO IS NO LONGER GOING TO CHICAGO...sorry
I am going to make you a Toon Link hat because I CAN.

Also, OF COURSE HE LIVES FOREVER, HE'S ****ING DI JOE AND HE'S SNAKE.

MAJOR EDIT: Lol, we're going to Chicago on Friday and Saturday! :laugh:

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
1. Does not matter if you gots munny i will cover you.

2. Noonish.

3. If anyone else is hesitant cuz of munny, i can cover as long as you pay me back :) I really want a good Iowa showing at this and simply want to hang out even at the expense of my pocket.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
1. Does not matter if you gots munny i will cover you.

2. Noonish.

3. If anyone else is hesitant cuz of munny, i can cover as long as you pay me back :) I really want a good Iowa showing at this and simply want to hang out even at the expense of my pocket.
I love you Peeks, I swear I'll pay you back.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Hey did you see that guy with the new Wario sig that Yink made?

Who wants to play games tomorrow and where do you want em?

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I'm soooo pissed. I was seriously considering skipping my classes and just going and taking Peeks up on the offer. But the I realized I have a test on Friday. FMFingL. GODAMMIT. *string of profanities* I don't see how I would be able to go guys. I'm sorry. I want to so bad though, **** **** DAMMIT ALL :mad: :mad: :mad: *sigh* :urg: :urg: :urg: :urg:

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Chloe should make me a sig now. :)

I will most likely want games tomorrow. My place as the middle ground?

Well when is the test Zash? Because I am not able to leave until at least 4 on Friday, due to substituting teaching. If you could be done and here by sometime around then it shouldn't matter.

Top Bottom