• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I'm no Tyser that quits every other month. If I didn't john before I quit smash then I wouldn't be taken seriously. I don't expect anyone to read my posts anyways.

I type like I talk, to waste breath and other people's time.
You know you want to though :D
And I didnt know you talk like that. Its pretty lame -_- Too many big words.
DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Also, if you dont mind me asking, what is so important in your 14 year old life anyways?
Just curious.

Brawl isn't really competitive anyways >_>
This !

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I for one welcome blanks use of big words, I end up googleing something and feel my vocabulary has expanded.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
**** it Blank, you know you'd enjoy Brawl more if you Sonic'ed it up! Sorry to hear about that though. :(
I've been betrayed, I can no longer play Sonic in tournament. See 5th panel:

I'm probably going to change my avatar to that before I leave.^

I got $10 that says Blank is trolling. You pesky devil, you.
I already dropped out of the B+ Backroom.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
sad stuff mang, but i forgot that Tito Oritz is fighting Forrest Griffin tonight. cant wait to see that when it gets uploaded tomorrow. Tito Ortiz has to be one of my favorite fighter \(^o^)/

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Are these monthly tournaments still going on? Does anyone play Pokemon Puzzle League? I am looking for people to play! If there is an airport close to the tournaments and someone is willing to pick me up I can come for some games. :)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Are these monthly tournaments still going on? Does anyone play Pokemon Puzzle League? I am looking for people to play! If there is an airport close to the tournaments and someone is willing to pick me up I can come for some games. :)
Oh man I've seen you on Tetris Attack.net. I play Puzzle League but I'm probably not near that sort of level.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Blank: My name on tetrisattack.net was dookdigity and bagagle. I am not that great. Yes I will fly anywhere to play some Tetris Attack. My most recent trip was to Hawaii to play some people there. It was really fun. There are a couple of people here in Arizona, a couple in Colorado, and New Mexico. I prefer Pokemon Puzzle League. But is there at least one decent person to play that goes to these tournaments? I can play Brawl too :p

I am also starting up a community website for Dr. Mario. I know a LOT of people play but it seems there isn't a website to home the players. I just recently purchased drmariorx.com so I would also like to know if anyone around this area plays any Dr Mar?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Blank: My name on tetrisattack.net was dookdigity and bagagle. I am not that great. Yes I will fly anywhere to play some Tetris Attack. My most recent trip was to Hawaii to play some people there. It was really fun. There are a couple of people here in Arizona, a couple in Colorado, and New Mexico. I prefer Pokemon Puzzle League. But is there at least one decent person to play that goes to these tournaments? I can play Brawl too :p

I am also starting up a community website for Dr. Mario. I know a LOT of people play but it seems there isn't a website to home the players. I just recently purchased drmariorx.com so I would also like to know if anyone around this area plays any Dr Mar?
Nicole and Smeesh are pretty good. I will no longer be attending these tourneys but I'm sure they'll be interested so long as you bring an N64 with controllers.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Nicole and Smeesh are pretty good. I will no longer be attending these tourneys but I'm sure they'll be interested so long as you bring an N64 with controllers.
Are they regulars to these boards or the tournaments? If so have them PM me. Or I can wait for them to show up. =P I can mos def bring n64 with controllers.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
daamnn that tourny everyone went to was single elimination
fuuccckingg gaaayyyyy
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251902&page=13
yay joker and jlo lol?

i gotta see devon play puzzle league now O.o
wow now i pretty glad that i didnt go to that. i think i dodged a 6 hour ride there and back, single elimination bracket and a venue that is only open till 9 tourney. it said that it was only a $5 entry fee so joker only make like $60 or so i think for 2nd place. i dont think that one person making $60 or so is worth the ride there and back so ugh.

also i cant believe that u guys havent seen smeesh playing puzzle league before. im positive that he was playing that game at one of joker's monthly, cant remember which one but he was playing at few monthlies back. i guess u guys just missed it or something.

EDIT: i forgot to say 2 setups for 41 entrants, i kind of feel bad that they went
;_;

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Wow single elimination bracket, and no pools for seeding? I bet a ton of people got screwed lol.

Still, good stuff Joker and Jlo.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
So lemme get this straight:

- 41 entrants
- 2 TVs
- No pools
- Single Elimination
- $7 Venue Fee
- Joker and JLO profiting under $100 total

Iowa is never going back to Chicago EVER AGAIN!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Wooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww, I'm so glad I wasn't able to go to chicago. That sounds HELLA gay

~Fino

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
If I had to take a wild guess: January 9th or 16th.

I dont think any tournaments ever happen in December since its No Smash December.
^This. We may not have a tourney till then since last time we did holidays got on the way and only had NE showed up so we just played Smash64 and StarCraft ^.^
However we may just have one early December but chances are slim T.T

Wooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwww, I'm so glad I wasn't able to go to chicago. That sounds HELLA gay

~Fino
IT'S A TRAP.
Fino tricked us into going XP

But yeah the lack of TVs and single elemination made the tourney bad we should have just done it in Tournament Mode XD plus I still payed the $7 even though I brought a full set up T.T

We may go to future ones but we will have to do some reasearch first <(^.^<)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Watch, my post will get washed away and ignored, exactly what I didn't want to happen.

I even set it up at the top of a new page, and gave it a more noticeable title. Good goin guys. Post too much etc.

Cook

Smash Master
Watch, my post will get washed away and ignored, exactly what I didn't want to happen.

I even set it up at the top of a new page, and gave it a more noticeable title. Good goin guys. Post too much etc.
Blank, don't be gay. If you think that you can't be yourself or people won't like you then you aren't giving your friends enough credit. You'd have to be a pretty big piece of **** for us to not like you. I mean, look at Tyser; we still like him!

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Chicago fails at bringing setups.

Highlights were watching JLO beat the living piss out of everything and stealing food from the buffet cuz ****'s weak

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Blank, don't be gay. If you think that you can't be yourself or people won't like you then you aren't giving your friends enough credit. You'd have to be a pretty big piece of **** for us to not like you. I mean, look at Tyser; we still like him!
I was saying that in jest, but rest assured its not my friends who I lack trust in. While I set high standards for everyone I meet, the highest standards are for myself. That is why there's such a need for my focus right now.

Really I'm a tyrant. Obnoxious, vitriolic, childishly overzealous and equally petty, and the moodiness and guilt trips have got to at least bug somebody. My self-esteem is like an oil rig, a job funded off everyone elses dismay. Likewise it comes with exaggerated prices and fluctuating rates, and eventually when you all switch to electric I'd be out of the question. Its simply the logical choice.

So no, I don't have to be a big piece of **** for you guys not to like me, but I know when I'd rather not retract to a position where I can't like myself. Its a prominent insecurity issue you see, thinking anything otherwise would be demeaning to others.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Just a few things:

1. Fun car ride. Here's that annoying song I was singing and couldn't get out of my head: Cat Flushing a Toilet

2. Games in Ames won't happen this week because of Thanksgiving, we should be back on next week. I'll be taking a break from Wario (in singles) to explore a new secret weapon that only JLO and Razor know about.

3. I just ate a Sammich. They taste better when Yink makes them.

4. Tyser sums today up pretty well: "Single elim . . . . 2 TVs for singles . . . . WOW!
Could be the worst tournament in the history of mankind."

Top Bottom