• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
I was thinking about coming to this next one, but I heard the new venue sucks a big one. :(

~Fino
Allplay/Inplay or whatever it's called now is pretty legit actually.
I don't see how there'd be any problems with it.
I thought you said something about taking a break from Smash?

On that note, is Cook coming? And is he still going to use Oli, or did someone say he's working on.. wario was it?
I assume that was just for doubles.

Are there games in Ames tomorrow, or somewhere else?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I HOPE there are games tomorrow >__< zomg I wanna play. I end up getting upset whenever I play Connor, I think we need a break from smashing each other <_<;

And about allplay, only two words can be said: happy hour! Half price on all the games. Or, if you know the workers there, they randomly give out $$$ cards n__n On top of that, the guys we used to hang with knew the hax for ITG so we'd get free credits, half off on everything else, and have free money to spend on them. I played this one peanut game so hardcore. You shoot peanuts into animals' mouths for points... Through mostly that, and a game where you land a ball in a hole for X amount of points, we've gotten thousands of tickets. :O And spent maybe $5 a visit.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
This Fino guy doesnt know what the fuck he's talking about apparently. Attempt at trolling perhaps? It fails hard.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
In the summer time, we should do a Joker Monthly outside. Itd be like we're playing a real sport.

Video games + the elements = ???

§chizm

Smash Lord
I HOPE there are games tomorrow >__< zomg I wanna play. I end up getting upset whenever I play Connor, I think we need a break from smashing each other <_<;

You shoot peanuts into animals' mouths for points... Through mostly that, and a game where you land a ball in a hole for X amount of points, we've gotten thousands of tickets. :O And spent maybe $5 a visit.
Who does Connor even main anymore?

Also a game where you shoot your nuts into animal's mouths? Sounds like Blank's found his game.

In the summer time, we should do a Joker Monthly outside. Itd be like we're playing a real sport.

Video games + the elements = ???
Awful idea.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Dude I've been wanting to do that idea forever.

Of course Schism wouldn't want it because hes a vampire.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
When does one watch the clannad movie, between seasons or at the end?
At the end ^.^

JOker do you eneter laugh? wouldn't mind having a little competitive tourny battle with my arch rival =P
Well I don't know the chances of us playing in tourney if I do enter but we can Money Match if you want instead >.0

You use Dedede?
Yea, I switched my main.
Is an asian thing >.<

Uli

Smash Champion
i actually watched clannad movie after the first season because i was like OOO movie!! i cried ;_;
but after story is the BESSTTTTTTTTTTTT buying that shiiiiiiiiiit

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Yeah, lots of interesting stories came from that game.........

Connor? Metawhore. He's picked up Snake, though, and working on Lucas again. Mostly the two god tiers, though. His Lucas is surprisingly good, I suppose.. but I'm getting tired of fighting the previous two.. Especially because when I start doing well and ****** him, he gets frustrated/angry (usually with himself for doing bad, I guess.. I think it's hard on him because over the past year he's consistently ***** me and I'm starting to win a lot now.. <.<) and says mean things D:

Like today he mentioned how I get rewarded for doing things wrong, like I dsmash --> fsmash, and usually he rolls a different way and punishes for it, but I guess one time I owned him with a purple pikmin cuz they're fat and slow.. somehow.. I guess I wasn't paying attention. But another time I guess I had a white pikmin out, "luckily," and its grab range was barely long enough to get him after he shield pushed me or whatever. One quote, when we both respawned and I came back and got him from 0 to 80% without getting hit, pretty much, was like.. "Wow, I love Olimar. He gets lucky once and you're screwed." I'm like "..but... you're snake.... and metaknight........"

I see his point, since fighting n00bs that button mash and such is annoying and all that.. but I don't think he's acknowledging (or accepting, maybe) the fact that I'm actually not sucking with Olimar. But I'm also a girl, and super emotional <_< so when he does poorly and yells, I feel bad/upset and play like **** and he starts winning again. It's almost humorous, but really, we need to play other people.

*end rant*

Jakebudden

Smash Ace

Is an asian thing >.<
Lies.

Also what makes people even think that trolls come back? It would probably be more satisfying to leave a snide remark knowing that people are going to complain and get upset by it, and not even giving them the opportunity to tell you off by never looking at the thread again.

Becca that's lame. Tell him to get over himself. If you play metaknight or snake you don't have rationale to complain about other characters at all.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Weird. I thought he was going to play Toon Link or something. Olimar can easily rack up 80% if you're not paying attention though.
I do remember him getting super pissed when I was playing him in tourney though, so maybe it's just a normal thing.

Also what makes people even think that trolls come back? It would probably be more satisfying to leave a snide remark knowing that people are going to complain and get upset by it, and not even giving them the opportunity to tell you off by never looking at the thread again.
What the hell are you talking about?

Are you going to be up for games tomorrow if they happen?

*ears perk up*

Anyways, I'm like 90% sure we aren't going, unfortunately. Maybe next month ;D

~Fino
Damn.
I actually enjoyed playing you at NK2 even though I hate playing Oli with GaW, I was hoping for more friendlies or something.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
jake Budden, this dude is so mean to me.

Also, button mashing noobs just get slaughtered in melee. That's why I like it against brawl.

Fino

Smash Master
Damn.
I actually enjoyed playing you at NK2 even though I hate playing Oli with GaW, I was hoping for more friendlies or something.
Lol, thanks ^^; it's nice to hear those kind of thing, haha. Sooooo many G&W in that pool @.@
Next time we meat, hit me up... I'll be down for the G&W exp. even though I 2-0'd UTD ._. (either he's terribad at the olimar MU... or the olimar G&W MU is awful lol).

~Fino

§chizm

Smash Lord

Lol, thanks ^^; it's nice to hear those kind of thing, haha. Sooooo many G&W in that pool @.@
Next time we meat, hit me up... I'll be down for the G&W exp. even though I 2-0'd UTD ._. (either he's terribad at the olimar MU... or the olimar G&W MU is awful lol).

~Fino
Yeah, we had 3/5 of the GaW players there in our pool. :laugh:
I think a lot of people lack experience against Olimar.
And as far as the matchup I think it's in Olimar's favor. It's super hard to approach him with anything other than occasional nairs if they know they can just SDI the bair. I usually just hope to land a grab for a long techchase. :ohwell:

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Naw, don't take it the wrong way. Connor's great to me in general, but all of our arguments stem from Smash, I think. :S He's had it rough, since our entire crew was always trying to be *****y and "dethrown" him I guess, since he was sorta the best in our little area. That'd normally be good in a way, since it'd push you to get better as others did (which has been the case--zomfg if you think I'm a scrub now, my strategy when I started Smash was spot dodge and down smash) but some of our friends are kinda ***** to him (insert long(er) story here.)

But I started using someone I can actually play and am working on the whole not dying thing, and he gets frustrated cuz he's not used to losing to me. He used to **** me pretty viciously, but I told him it was my goal to be able to beat his MK more than just outta luck :S It's not that he's mad at me, he just hates Olimar since he's never played anything like it.? when he gets mad, besides the pansy comments he made today (and apologized for, I really should add) he just gets really mad at himself. But it's still very annoying <_<

And yeah, he got pissed at the tournament cuz you were planking. It's like.... ehhh....... As I always tell him, I'd be more empathetic if it weren't for the fact he's MK :D

I wish he would work on Toon Link... but at the same time, I just don't know if that's quite the character for him. I'm glad, kinda, to see him doing well with Snake (against me >.>) buuut... Idk. XD I encourage him using Diddy and Lucas, but he gets frustrated when he gets beat harder than usual (in friendles, etc) and kinda relies on MK as a fallback I guess.

I should have an intervention and tell him he's banned from using god tiers. You can't get better if you get frustrated and don't try.. I'm the expert at knowing that ^__^ If I quit or whatevs for getting curb stomped a few (dozen) times, then I wouldn't have 1/10th the "skill" that I do now.. and I think I'm getting better >.< On that note, reaally looking for some singles tomorrow if anyone's up for those friendlies. I'm better at not dying for the most part ^_^v yay for baby steps.

SORRY for lengthy posts, I'm in a -very- rambly mood. It's probably because I'm going to have a panic attack because I don't have all the stuff done for Nebraskon that should be done ~_~; Cosplay/panel hosting = stressful. Feel free to read this or skip over, but thanks for giving me the space to vent I guess o.O (though you dont have a choice anyway)

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Those are some long posts, Rebecca -_-

Why get them upset once when you can get them upset for a week :D

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Random: Fino, I thought I sent you a PM awhile ago. Like. Before NK2.

(lol essay --> one line)

EDIT: Tyser, I think another part of it is I'm happy to be on my LAPTOP now where I type way over 100 wpm.. where as on my tiny phone, I get more like 10. That was hell.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Who all went to No Koast v2?
*raises hand* I did, I was the best Ness there. I won all of my money matches. I also beat the best Lucas there, but that was a friendly.

Gawd ChaosTheory rocks. We're buddies now.

EDIT: @Love: Because it's next weekend right? I have stuff do do...unless I can work around that somehow..

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Hey! T. Link main!

In your knowledge/experience, who would make a good doubles partner for Toon Link? :o

Edit 2 Yink: Also, Nebraskon is -this- weekend, if that's what you meant. As in like. 2 days away or so. X.x

§chizm

Smash Lord
Oh but gnw sucks

And im not kidding
True.
Every time people complain about him I cringe.

I didn't really plank actually. I had a total of about 16-20 ledgegrabs the entire match. I generally just do it against people to test how aggressive they are because GaW basically auto-loses if Meta doesn't approach him. I've never timed someone out. Also annoying people makes them make mistakes and lose. ;)

Connor just needs to find a character he's comfortable with honestly.

I'm fine with playing singles with you if you need the practice.

Who all went to No Koast v2?
I was thurrrr.
EDIT: @Love: Because it's next weekend right? I have stuff do do...unless I can work around that somehow..
It's this weekend.
The tourney is next weekend.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Our group is, hopefully, leaving around 12pm Friday.. though we apparently have a bunch of extra driving to do. Hopefully we'll get that cut down and junk. I found out I have a presentation at like.. a bit before 2pm though, for my English class. We'll see if I can postpone that >.>

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I dunno, I'd say around 12:15. There's usually a bunch of construction along the way.
Or whenever you want to I guess. I don't have class or anything on Friday.
Ok, I'm still gonna go to school then. I'l be home around 11:30, so meet me up at my house Chris.

MJG

Smash Hero
Anyone that can kill early compliments toonlink. He can rack up damage quickly but he lacks in the killing department. DDD, ROB, GnW. Etc would be good

I team with an olimar (fino) at tourneys.

EDIT: Congratz Yink. Thats awesome that you main ness. We should money match

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I was reading that TLink and Oli wouldn't make a good team (in theory I guess?) but how is it working out for you?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Anyone that can kill early compliments toonlink. He can rack up damage quickly but he lacks in the killing department. DDD, ROB, GnW. Etc would be good

I team with an olimar (fino) at tourneys.

EDIT: Congratz Yink. Thats awesome that you main ness. We should money match
Sure, when I have some extra cash :laugh:

I usually only MM on dittos, but hey why not if you use T. Link I'd love to sometime.

Also, so I'm really thinking of maining someone else..

§chizm

Smash Lord
Also, so I'm really thinking of maining someone else..
Who?

Im gonna start playing Jigglypuff again in Brawlol.
Jigglypuff is basically my secondary.
Which benefits me in no way.
I'll probably play her in the con tourney though lololol.

I need to learn and play with DeDeDe more. I feel like a mess up on a lot of stuff with him.
Pivot grab, bair and utilt.
Occasional dtilt.

Also Darker than Black is amazing.

Top Bottom