• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Afrayail

Smash Ace
We should have a tournament where we use not our mains ^__^ ..for you guys anyway. >.> I'm still legit with using Oli cuz I SD like once a match. <.<

Skyzim: My friend was supposed to be cosplaying the dude in your avatar :O but I think he's gonna be Madara instead

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Blank is gay. Conformation:

AIM:
can I still be gay to Schism?
I see nothing wrong
this convo is too straight for my liking
im leaving

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Yink, you were just bragging about being the best Ness at NK2. :p

On the plus side, Luigi is a good CP against Olimar >.> Since you see so many of those <.<

Fino

Smash Master
Random: Fino, I thought I sent you a PM awhile ago. Like. Before NK2.
I tend to dis-regard everything I get from iowa and mo.... sorry to lump you with your region ^^; I'll give you a reply sometime this week (expect a wall of text ._.)
I was reading that TLink and Oli wouldn't make a good team (in theory I guess?) but how is it working out for you?
I would go as far to say as he's olimar's best (non-broken) teammate. lol. I'll have to see how teaming with affinity goes this weekend to see how oli-mk works, haha.

MJ and I have the most legit team =] I would discuss our team strat... but we plan on taking money from you guys at some point ;D
calling right now... teams MM for whenever we travel up there? we'll go as high as $15 per person :bee:

~Fino

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yink, you were just bragging about being the best Ness at NK2. :p

On the plus side, Luigi is a good CP against Olimar >.> Since you see so many of those <.<
I feel kind of like those matches were flukes...idk it must just be the mood. Thanks for reminding me of NK2.

Afrayail

Smash Ace

I tend to dis-regard everything I get from iowa and mo.... sorry to lump you with your region ^^;
Any particular reason why? <_<

Anyway, any words of advice would be appreciated. I hear a lot about your Olimar, so it'd be great to hear what you have to say. And I'll tell my TLink friend about that, he's my tentative doubles partner and we really don't have any set team in mind. :S

I think we gave MK-Oli a try. We had a problem with lack-of-strategy, whereas he'd dive in and it'd end up playing mostly like two 1v1s. I also had just recently picked up Olimar and the whole dying a lot thing wasn't a good winning strategy.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
So I just wrote a paper about how some guy letting his friend die is related to me and Smash. ROFL! Oh man, I hate myself so much for being nerd and having nothing to talk about in my entire life except Smash -_-

Im not showing anyone the paper if youre gonna ask.

Cook

Smash Master
All Play? It's a pretty nice building. Used to go there for ITG aaalll the time. Rock climbing wall, "kids" arena with ticket games, upstairs is the arcade & bar.. yeah. :D

Also: Fino! Woah! You should come. I wanna admire your Olimar :O

On that note, is Cook coming? And is he still going to use Oli, or did someone say he's working on.. wario was it?
Of course I'm coming, I hate missing Joker's tourneys. As for Oli, I'll probably use him, but it depends on how good I can get with Wario. Probably also depends on who I'm playing against.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
WOAH MAN. You're blowing my mind. That's fuggin intense :O

You always kinda had to wonder about the whole wearing its mothers skull thing, if that's all the bigger they get anyway.

Edit: COOK! I want to fangirl over your Olimar now. Cuz that's what I do and stuff. I'm not going to be stupid and ask for MM, but if we get the chance, I'd love to have a friendly or two against your Oli. By love I mean hate, because from what I can tell, I hate fighting Olimar <_< but I'd love the opportunity and all that whatever jazz.

Cook

Smash Master
WOAH MAN. You're blowing my mind. That's fuggin intense :O

You always kinda had to wonder about the whole wearing its mothers skull thing, if that's all the bigger they get anyway.

Edit: COOK! I want to fangirl over your Olimar now. Cuz that's what I do and stuff. I'm not going to be stupid and ask for MM, but if we get the chance, I'd love to have a friendly or two against your Oli. By love I mean hate, because from what I can tell, I hate fighting Olimar <_< but I'd love the opportunity and all that whatever jazz.
Yeah, I'll definitely play with you some and try to teach you stuff if I can. Not sure how helpful I'll be, but hopefully I'll be able to give some advice. Really I think the best way to learn stuff is to watch what people that are better than you do and get ideas from them.

That said, Olimar dittos are dumb and I'll probably lose. :psycho:

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Naw, I'd prolly use my other chars. I hate dittos, and Olimar ones are ****.

>.> <.<

Any advice/tips on recovering?

Cook

Smash Master
Naw, I'd prolly use my other chars. I hate dittos, and Olimar ones are ****.

>.> <.<

Any advice/tips on recovering?
Um, it kinda depends on who you're recovering against. It's important to not panic. I usually whistle as soon as possible to get all my pikmin near me so they'll actually join in the chain. I also tend to double jump really quickly (I tend to double jump>whistle as soon as I have control of Oli), but it's probably actually best to save your second jump in a lot of scenarios. It's usually best to whistle if your opponent edgeguards you rather than air dodge because air dodges are so easy to punish; of course, you have to get good at predicting when they're actually going to attack you. When you first whistle try to see if you have a purple, and if you do try to whistle enough to get it next in line so you can throw it if necessary to knock your opponent away or off the edge. Get a good sense of how far the little boost from your up-b will take you so you know if that will be enough to get you onstage if you're being edgehogged, or so you know if it will get you onto a platform, like on Smashville (you get more of a boost if you have 0 pikmin, so sometimes it is best to throw them away if you only have a couple). Of course, good DI is the most important thing, because you are in a much better position if you can DI up. Problem is, you can't just DI straight up on every single hit like, say, a Link player would, because Oli is so light that he'll die quickly off the top. So just work on DI in general and being able to DI up when appropriate. Oh, and sometimes an up-air can get them off the ledge for you.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Mm, yeah, I'd wondered if it was my imagination or not when he was nolimar and recovered. :p

Sounds great, though :O I'm getting better at not panicking so much, but it's still kinda wacky to get used to (used to main ROB >.>')

Thanks ^_^

§chizm

Smash Lord
I texted Andy and he's said he's free tonight, people can show up after 5.

Also I crushed the shit out of some of my fingers so hopefully it won't hurt like hell to hold a controller.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I might be able to make games tonight, depends on what time. We'll see though. I got a beerfest competition tomorrow so I'll need my rest.

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I texted Andy and he's said he's free tonight, people can show up after 5.

Also I crushed the shit out of some of my fingers so hopefully it won't hurt like hell to hold a controller.
Sorry I gotta take back what I texted you. We cannot use my place tonight. I'm free if Afrayail has a spot to play at.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I'm not going to be able to guarantee any time, but I'll try to sneak in and capture the honors building for our smash usage again. It might have to be a bit later in the evening, around 7 or so, depending upon when I can get there and stake claim to it. Once it's established and someone else shows up, I might have to leave early, but you guys know the drill.

I'll post on here once I think I have a good idea of what time will work.. I have a lot of crap to run out and do/get for the con tomorrow.

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I love your phantom renegade avatar schizm

Both shows were directed by the same guy so its canon.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Fino, me and Joker take your money match for teams. I'm pretty positive he will be on board.

I can't come to games today.

Nicole

Smash Champion
HYPE.

Seriously, I just heard there is a BAR and an ARCADE at this venue....I can get drunk and play Time Crisis AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

Joker, this will probably be the best tournament I ever attend.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Ok I can probably head over to the honors building soon. Who all was interested in coming and at what time?

ALSO!!! If anyone has access to silver hair spray or decent looking vampire fangs (Like, ****, I think Target had some) let me know. I can pay you back at the con if need be, I'm just not able to get out ATM.

Top Bottom