• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Afrayail

Smash Ace
I thought about going as young Walter Dornez from Hellsing.
But no one here actually knows who that is.
Oh, I do! That'd actually be really neat, and I can see you pulling him off.

As for everyone else that wants to cosplay--post/send me a picture and I'll spam you with who you should cosplay as, and where to get/how to make the outfit. >:3

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Oh, and Love;

I can host games up here any night people are willing, only obligation is Thursday from 5-7pm. Is Andy having people over again that night? and are people busy this weekend? >.>

ALSO would you guys want to have an "october" tournament here? did y'all like the idea of the set up? If we bring in another TV or 2 it could work out and I can do more rearranging. Let me know so I can beat people away from the room with a stick for whatever dates we want.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I was thinking about hosting games this weekend. I think I'll be going with Chris up to Ames Thursday if he's going up there. As for an October tourney, its up to us locals really.

Edit: I need cosplay ideas.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Where are you at, Love? I think Ptato works this weekend, and I'm gone Friday night til Saturday evening >.> lame schedules are lame.

And I'll make sure to go stalk your facebook for reference pix for cosplay ideas.

Edit: Wakka (Final Fantasy X, definitely :D do eet!), Nishi (Gantz... you just hafta stop looking so friendly), Attila (Night at the Museum (LOL))

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh, and Love;

I can host games up here any night people are willing, only obligation is Thursday from 5-7pm. Is Andy having people over again that night? and are people busy this weekend? >.>

ALSO would you guys want to have an "october" tournament here? did y'all like the idea of the set up? If we bring in another TV or 2 it could work out and I can do more rearranging. Let me know so I can beat people away from the room with a stick for whatever dates we want.
Oh oh I'd want one! Also I think Andy is busy this Thursday because he's finishing a portfolio (I think).

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
Quick question to you guys what are you all gonna be joining at allplay? Besides smash and blazblue, because you all are joining those. :laugh:

PortCity

Smash Ace
Ill poop on everyone

-BC-
-BC- You been out the game too long, lil one. You ain't selling **** no more. My Wario sell more dope than your Diddy Kong nowadays... :-D ... hell my Game and Watch been serving the fiends recently too. Get at me on Thursday :) Aight, Cousin

Andy: ^^^Here is the translation of the above paragraph^^^ You haven't been playing Brawl much recently and you have probably lost your skills. I have been playing Wario and he has gotten quite good, and might be better than your Diddy Kong. My GW might also give you a run for your money. I look forward to seeing you and playing with you on Thursday. Have a great day, Pal.

LOL

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker did you see that Ally pronounced that he was quitting brawl? Saying the game isn't fun and he has more fun with xbox games/melee?

5 hours later he said he wasn't quitting.... WTF
Mindgames >.<

That's what I was thinking since it would be just us locals so we could have one plus we shouldn't have a problem holding doubles for Sekku unless there's time restrictions either way we can figure out something before No Koast.

Quick question to you guys what are you all gonna be joining at allplay? Besides smash and blazblue, because you all are joining those. :laugh:
Well I was thinking of entering TvC >.0

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
Remember meh?

I'm poor...(No cosplay nor tournament shall hinder Zidane Tribal???)
Also from what I hear I dunno about entering another Joker'z cuz I hear ppl are all bashin' on ppl recently and bein' all high and mighty. Especially aboot BB and SF sayin' that ppl are trash and crap and a friend o' mine said mean ppl come there such as some SRK people but I haven't been there since that one tourny...>.> When I went I avoided most ppl cuz some of them looked like they were looking for an excuse to get mad at someone or find someone to blame for their loss in a video game. (Like if I were to say "hi" to anyone near-by them, then that'd be noise pollution and I'd be messing up their "IN DA GAME ZONE" OMFG I'm a bad person and ppl do freak out like that which makes me sad T_T I don't even get annoyed by all the people screaming there, doesn't hurt me any unless they were targeting me or physically messing with me...T_T Come to think of it, when I was there someone was behind me mocking me one match of the tourny, saying I was a girl and that since I play Ganondorf then I'm stupid...T_T) But the people I DID talk to were really nice who were mainly (This counts for my shout-outs that I never got to XD):
Blank: You were one of the best people there in my opinion. You were nice and you treated me as an equal and we actually had some fun (Even close) games! You also taught me some stuff about my Wii and Brawl ^_^ You are a great man...I mean...FURRY XD JK but you are kewl ^_^
Razor/Joker: I didn't talk to ya guys all to much but you guys seemed nice and made me feel comfortable ^_^
Person who found my wallet: Thx again! XD
Neon Bandicoot: You draw very good furry (Read:Art) and are really cool! XD
Ppl I played free games with: Great fun ^_^ It was fun being randomly teamed up with that random MetaKnight XD
Kamig: Ur a bad person! XD Jkz
Anyway...what I want to say is: I just hope people *kindness GET* if I ever wanna enter again but that's usually why I don't like going into heavily populated areas because you never know when you'll run into bad ppl...T_T Video games shouldn't equal (Why so serious) business to the point of harassment...T_T

Uli

Smash Champion
greg go as kamen rider
not the suits but just be an asian dude with an awesome belt on and yell henshin XD

PortCity

Smash Ace
I certainly agree you're very skilled. Can I be like you when I grow up? By golly that would be wonderful.

You have a great day too, Pal.
Lol...I think you missed the point Andy. I'm provoking BC not YOU :) ... I just put the translation there so you could keep up with the post hehehe. I wanted to save you urban dictionary time :) Anyway, I hearby promise not to talk any more noise online. I don't need my partner thinking I'm pompous and arrogant when I'm not on the game. You can think that while i'm playing the game, but not in real life :)

-BC- You are right...my secondaries are trash :-D, but It is fun to pretend like they aren't :) But yeah show up, I'll prolly be there longer than usual this Thursday.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Whose Shad Bad? He was at the tournament?

Nobody ever talks to us Melee people because we're stuck up bros who think we're better than everybody but we're actually losers.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
-BC- You are right...my secondaries are trash :-D, but It is fun to pretend like they aren't :) But yeah show up, I'll prolly be there longer than usual this Thursday.
Yea.. My secondaries are more garbage tho

I've got a calc II exam from 8 - 9:30pm thursday night. How long u plannin on playing?

-BC-

Shad_Bad

Smash Rookie
Whose Shad Bad? He was at the tournament?

Nobody ever talks to us Melee people because we're stuck up bros who think we're better than everybody but we're actually losers.
XD I was there with Kamig like 4...mebe 5 or 7 months ago XD (We were: Gerudo Cornflakes) I don' think I talked to you but I saw that ppl wuz playin' Melee and it was serious business XD Next to that was people who were in the tournament for sleeping...I dunno who placed first but it too was so cash! XD

IT BURNS THE FLESH :flame:
XD So the (metaphorical) pen is mightier than the sword! Words can maek Black Magic ^_^
Also: Not into the pit, it burns!

Top Bottom